Latest PSU headlines:

APetePerson

PS3 hackers can now ban leginimate users- as well as un-ban others

As Sony finally begins to use their ban hammers against those who have jailbroke their consolesí, hackers have now found a way to Unban their PS3 consoleís and ban legitimate users. Yes, you read that correctly. Hackers can now ban you in the process for doing absolutely nothing .
    Website, PSX Scene is the first to report on userís actually being able to do this.
    From the forum post:
    Hot off the press, and on the heels of Sony trying to find all the modded PS3 consoles, comes a funny story from SKFUís Blog (an PS3 researcher/developer), along with a real way to UNBAN yourself, but watch out LEGIT PS3 owners, you could end up being banned by another user!
    Now with these toolís out, legit PSN users can be banned by the simple use of a program. We will not post the link to the forum post since we do not condone any use of these hacking tools at all on our site. But with the ablilty for hackers to ban and unban PS3 Consoles, what more can PSN userís endure and what can Sony do about this now?

We have been getting reports from multiple people that this is legitimate.

*UPDATE*

The Forum post on PSX Scene has been removed however this was NOT our original source and are unable to reveal the source at this time.
    picture proof:http://psx-scene.com/forums/images/news/lol.png (too large to put into post)

http://www.psnathome.com/general/ps3...-consoles.html

SnowHawk
    way to go hackers.

**** YOU.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is not Technically true at this point as you would need to JB a un-banned PS3 to get it's Console ID as Random console ID spoofing doesn't work .

Elite Guru
    It cant be done. Allready debunked by wutangrza. Basically he says theres more chance of you finding life on Mars.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Dedicated Member
    i really hope this isn't true. If it is it kinda tempts me to hack mine. Just to add features sony won't.
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    It cant be done. Allready debunked by wutangrza. Basically he says theres more chance of you finding life on Mars.
    well theres you're Answer although I expect there will be a way at some point.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    well theres you're Answer although I expect there will be a way at some point.
    I was going to quote his post from PSx Scene, but the whole thread has been deleted. Shame as his post was pretty funny.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    All this hacking might get Sony to release the PS4 sooner than later now.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    way to go hackers.

**** YOU.

Seconded.

Very nice gif lol

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

APetePerson
    real or not, sony is in a fair bit of trouble with their networks, and hacking, and if they don't tread carefully, I don't find it hard to see the PSN caving in on itself, or as I saw earlier, its more likely that we'll find life on mars (and inhabit it)

maybe if they charged to use it...

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by APetePerson View Post
    real or not, sony is in a fair bit of trouble with their networks, and hacking, and if they don't tread carefully, I don't find it hard to see the PSN caving in on itself, or as I saw earlier, its more likely that we'll find life on mars (and inhabit it)

maybe if they charged to use it...
    I wouldn`t say they are in trouble as such, they do have the upperhand at the moment. According to wutangrza your psn id uses a 64 hex code. He says theres more permatations to that code than there is stars in the universe. The only way you could do it is if some shmuck gave you there psn id, but that wouldn`t last long as you would just get banned again.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Another article making false claims. Hackers have not "found a way to Unban their PS3 console’s and ban legitimate users". This is a unproven theory belonging to one hacker. The hacker himself even stats that it is a "funny theory".

So what supposedly makes this possible on the PS3 and not the Xbox 360, Wii and many other hacked online devices? If it is so simple to just clone another persons username and system ID to avoid bans or get someone else banned why hasn't it been done on them?
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 02-18-2011 at 04:41.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    If this is debunked, then it goes in the trash.

Thread Information