Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Regardless even if Sony tries to test the Ps3 without the drives they're gonna have to do it all over again when they put them back in. There is gonna be bugs anyway regardless doing the launch.

Superior Member

Funny how I was torn to shreads for even suggesting that Sony wouldn't meet their lofty goals a couple months ago. And I'm sick of this Sony said it so it has to be so ****. Sony lies. MS does to, but to think Sony is above it for whatever reason is plain wrong. And there will still be plenty of defective PS3's.
    Nintendo Fanboy: 42%
    Sony Fanboy: 28%
    Microsoft Fanboy: 42%
    Periods. Not just for women, they're for your sentences too.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Regardless even if Sony tries to test the Ps3 without the drives they're gonna have to do it all over again when they put them back in. There is gonna be bugs anyway regardless doing the launch.
    I was told "they wont be perfect"... Nothing ever is, and I did not make this thread based on that premise.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fireras View Post
    Damn TGS is gonna be so much fun this year.....I just hope Sony dished out all the bad news already...I don't want any bad news with my TGS fix.
    I think TGS will go just fine. I'm mainly looking forward to the PNP being demoed (I hope it is, at least) and seeing Tekken brought up to speed.

Master Sage
    Who cares what any of you think anymore?You think every time someone make a topic like tis they have to be on DC.
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Elite Member
    Well aren't you the ray of sunshine?
    You're absolutely right, but a PS3 that doesn't have a Blu-ray drive in it, no matter how reliable, isn't being played. Therefore, it's not generating money for Sony, and therefore it might as well not exist.
    Currently playing- PSYCHONAUTS! Great game. Thinking about upgrading to next-gen maybe in 2010, because I only got my Xbox at the end of last year.

Always keep your words soft and mellow, for tomorrow you may have to eat them.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakdown View Post
    I think TGS will go just fine. I'm mainly looking forward to the PNP being demoed (I hope it is, at least) and seeing Tekken brought up to speed.
    Oh, yeah! I almost forgot! Sony will be showing off some of its Network Platform stuff and reveal the final name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofallpie View Post
    Well aren't you the ray of sunshine?
    You're absolutely right, but a PS3 that doesn't have a Blu-ray drive in it, no matter how reliable, isn't being played. Therefore, it's not generating money for Sony, and therefore it might as well not exist.
    Sony feels the same way, especially since they've been getting parts in for this thing for the better part of the past two months.

There should be a weekly poll for "dumbass threads".

Ultimate Veteran
    bah, I strike this last comment...

Master Guru
    Firmly attached to Ayane's boobies WAHAHAHAHAHA!
    PSN ID
    ShinMaruku
    I just love how people will come to jump on the bashing bandwagon.. It now lands to Sony to make them seem like fools.

Master Sage
    Yeah, this is getting dumb now , there are liek 30 PS3 bashers now. I also love have these new users talk baout how this topic is stupid and how Lefein does nto know what he is talking about.
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Mr.Smith
    Don't forget about this news earlier in the year which may play a roll in all this.

http://www.realmmedia.com/next_gen_n..._says_ibm.html

Master Poster
    Its going to cost them a bundle to store the ps3s with the drives.
    Diablo 3 - DOTA 2 - Deus EX 3 - Half Life: Episode 3

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MEOW View Post
    There should be a weekly poll for "dumbass threads".
    this thread is useless, so lefein , right now sony already havbe maybe 6 million PS3 but they just need blue ray laser diode ?

i told by some sony insider, that they have to recheck all of the console
    because they mistaken using blue LED like in optical mouse, not laser diode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A God Amongst Men
    Lefein I just watched the youtube link you sent me and WHOA! That cell does some things I didn't even think of it being able to do when they were rendering the mountain at 20-30FPS with 720 3D graphics I just EXPLODED! PS3 numbers don't really bother me but will bother those who can't manage to get their hands on one. I know mine will have an issue I just feel it coming but what the hell.

Dedicated Member
    i highly doubt they will test ps3 without blu-ray. once their tested (they dont test every single console, they do one or two by a handful made at the time) and the percentage of the defective ones are thrown out.

in addition to losing some money on that test and # of consoles lost. they now have to re-test now that blu-ray drives are inserted. i know they will catch broken diodes before insertion but that will hardly solve the problem.

CD-DVD (im thinking Blu-Ray too) drives dont need drivers to run, its mostly all Plug-and-play. so when a blue-ray is inserted and doesnt sync up or w/e then sony cant just reinstall the drivers. its usually something more complicated (i had that problem with a dell today, the cd-rom was plugged in detected and everything. but everytime i put in a cd it wouldnt detect it. and i couldnt reinstall the drivers because ... well i couldnt find them. now the Dell's going back to the manufacturer)
    Well i would think that happens
    If It Ain't Broke, I'll Fix It Till It Is.

Elite Guru
    Lefein I just watched the youtube link you sent me and WHOA! That cell does some things I didn't even think of it being able to do when they were rendering the mountain at 20-30FPS with 720 3D graphics I just EXPLODED! PS3 numbers don't really bother me but will bother those who can't manage to get their hands on one. I know mine will have an issue I just feel it coming but what the hell.
    That's impressive but you can take the cheap way out and do the exact same thing using Google Earth, its now as fancy on a technical level but it's more than enough for your Mountain flying aspirations.

Mr.Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Skywalker View Post
    It's called displacement mapping and it's used for low polygon modeling but yet gives the visuals of a high polygon model based on the light data only. Don't think that scene is packed with polys.

Azure
    If I or anyone else is meant to take heart that Sony are "testing" their still unfinished, yet again delayed PS3 against bugs then you have wholly failed as far as I am concerned.

For all this utter, disgraceful, totally embarrassingly diabolically stupid insane situation they are now in, the PS3 had damned well better come off the line perfect anyway, by your logic they have had since last novemeber to test them, why should I care now. [Not that I believe what you say here anyways]

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDog View Post
    Yeah Lefein just let this topic die, and hey you europeans, why not just get a 360 or a Wii or both? it can last you while you wait for the PS3?
    If Europeans are willing to wait for the PS3 why the hell would they go and blow their money on a console they dont want as much just to 'tide them over'?

Forum Guru

Something they won't tell you, but I will

Obviously the news today is about as bad as you can get! If bashing Lefein makes you feel better, please continue. However what he is saying makes more sense than you think, whether you agree or not. If you ever opened up your PS2 you would know how easy it would be to “pre-assemble” the entire unit without the drive. If you have ever built a PC you would know what I’m talking about.

So…..keep the lines running do some of your pre-testing and add the drive later. Of course this is not the optimal way to assemble a console, but faced with catastrophic circumstances this is a viable “Plan B”. If production yields improve on the diode there will be that much less to do in getting the unit finished and out the door.
    PLAYING B3YOND since November 17th 2006 and F@H since 3/23/07.

Sig by buckeyefan.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Sony has next to no problems making PS3 units now, the problem is with the BluRay diodes. Okay, I know, that's the big story of the day.

Here's where it SHOULD matter to you, however.

Sony now has a plethora of PS3 units without drives. Sounds crazy, but that's the reality of their manufacturing process right now. So, here's something that is flying under everyones radar.. You ready?

Sony can now test PS3 units for malfunctions BEFORE putting drives in them. This means that you will have a much less likely chance of getting a defective unit. It's simple economics, really. Sony cannot afford to put a perfectly good BluRay drive in a messed up PS3 unit.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly didnt say they will be perfect, and a lot of damage can happen in shipping alone (ask MS about those air deliveries).. So, basically, all I can tell you is be glad that Cell and RSX aren't the problematic components, things could be far worse.. Although I'm sure Nyko are upset that there won't be much of a market for PS3 intercoolers

Okay, you can go back to your regularly scheduled 'Sky is falling' thread, now. Happy gaming!
    Dude, I appreciate most of your posts. You have good info. But man, this is stretching things. Its bad news, plain and simple. Best to acknowledge it and move on.

Now that we've acknowledged it man I can't wait for the launch on Nov. 17. I just pray I can get my hands on one.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Oh, yeah! I almost forgot! Sony will be showing off some of its Network Platform stuff and reveal the final name for it.
    I'm going to remember that. It'll be your word for how reliable you are.

I hope that's true. I'm going to sit back go to school for the next two weeks, and just sit back and listen to the news at TGS.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Ultimate Veteran
    Meh, I say go out and get a Wii... It will be cheap and get old after a year or two anyways. I'm rooting for Nintendo this Christmas.

...And six million was an exaggeration on someones part, it's more like 2 or so right now.

Elite Sage
    What about PSP, are they any good?

Thread Information