Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some of you may know I was skeptical of this game after the beta, I ended up buying it yesterday anyway - and although I have only played for about an hour today, and in total, I must say I feel the finished game is much better. I don't know if I simply did not like Metro or what it was but I like this game now, still think Bad Company 2 is better but that's subject to changes when I really get into BF3. Glad I bought it though.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Good MP day. CQ is def where it is at. Added 3 more peoples dog tags to my collection. I like to drop a med pack by my guys and circle around to people firing at my guys and take them out. Had the 0% happen to me, also love how point blank blind firing is no where close accurate. I understand farm away but come on right in front of my face unload a clip and do not die.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    After playing for about 3 hours I can undoubtedly say that this game is a masterpiece! And DICE are already actively working on fixing the bugs. Great job!

Dedicated Member
    Having lots of fun playing this game. Got about 20+ hours already into it. Campaign was really good and Co-op is really fun. If anyone wants to join my Platoon on Battlelog then go ahead and apply and I will accept anyone. Look for it on Battlelog in the Platoon section. Search for Out of this World.Really looking for people to play MP with.

Playing: Tomb Raider-Far Cry3-The Last Of Us
    Reserved: PS4-Infamous Second Son-Battlefield 4-Metal Gear Solid 5-Watch Dogs-Killzone Shadow Fall

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i applied to your platoon, i thought that was pc only feature! nice, now i need to delete inactive psn friends

i cant wait for ppl to start unlocking the squad specializations....right now im the only one that has them (well with ppl i play with) and i always equip the squad ammo, ill like for others to use the squad speed and the one that allows for extra grenade and another for extra rpg shots

and why dont squad leaders use the select button to highlight point of interests? thats easy points and ppl dont even use it! smh
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-30-2011 at 10:22.

Extreme Poster
    ^Today I ran out of like 8 rockets I had and I kept going after this dude who was support (kept pressing select button, seems like it's broken), never once did he throw the ammo down...not even for himself lol. Then I died following him.

Apprentice

As a battlefield veteran , I have to say im at tiny bit disappointed with game,well online anyway. The graphics are actually a step down from bfbc2,although that maybe because of the more filled out enviroments compared to bfbc2. Why oh why did they include prone? It has introduced camping to bf3. True it can be effective but it can cloud peoples visions fromrri doing the objectives. Another cod aspect introduced is the unlocking of gun parts/perks..we dont need that on battlefield games..esp annoys me. when comeback appears on the screen or killstreak ended , a nod to the cod games. I will continue playing this and with the hope a patch a appears for the glitches on the quickmatch and party system. Im also anticiptaing the arrival of cod so these kd and camping kids go lol.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I got another question concerning the game.Is there a soldier customization menu, where you can customize the look of your soldier?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    As a battlefield veteran , I have to say im at tiny bit disappointed with game,well online anyway. The graphics are actually a step down from bfbc2,although that maybe because of the more filled out enviroments compared to bfbc2. Why oh why did they include prone? It has introduced camping to bf3. True it can be effective but it can cloud peoples visions fromrri doing the objectives. Another cod aspect introduced is the unlocking of gun parts/perks..we dont need that on battlefield games..esp annoys me. when comeback appears on the screen or killstreak ended , a nod to the cod games. I will continue playing this and with the hope a patch a appears for the glitches on the quickmatch and party system. Im also anticiptaing the arrival of cod so these kd and camping kids go lol.
    They're really not a step down.
    And Prone was in BF2, so they added it into this game.

Elite Guru
    New Battlefield 3 Patch Details – Changes to Aiming, PP-2000, and Much More

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-batt...and-much-more/

Balancing

By far the easiest way to take down helis at moment is to use the Stinger against them; however, this will not be as easy in the near future. Alan Kertz, Battlefield 3′s Gameplay Designer, has pointed out that the Stingers’ nerf “is in discussion at the office now.” Fredrik Thylander, Senior Designer, reassured that the nerf is indeed “incoming”. To follow up on yesterday’s post, Kertz explained that Jets will not get disabled by 1 shot as it is the case at the moment; however, no further explanation was provided.

With the UMP will soon be doing more damage, another PDW, PP-2000, is going to be buffed as well. When a fan asked Kertz to alter the PP-2000 to be in “a middle ground between the beta and final release”, Kertz simply responded “that’s the plan”. On the snipers’ front, a fan pointed out to Daniel Matros the discrepancy in the magazine size of the M39 EMR between the battlelog and the actual game; the battlelog shows a 20+1 magazine size as opposed to the current 10+1 in game. Daniel assured that this will be fixed.

Yesterday, in terms of balancing, we reported on Jets, UMP, and Sidearms being patched to become more effective.

Aiming

Some players have been vocal in their displeasure with the final release aiming mechanics, they felt that it was spot on in the beta and the issue can be easily sorted by setting the aiming back to as it was in the beta. Kertz shed some light on the issue by stating “if it was that simple, it wouldn’t be a problem. It’s not the controls, something else is going on. [DICE's] engineers are looking into it.” Just a side note, Kertz was referring to real life engineers, not in game!

Issues
    DICE is also working on the following:

Game activation problems.

Addressing lag on the 360 as well, which has been hampering our MP1st squad. If you’re looking for your fellow MP heads on BF3, the easiest way is to become a fan MP1st’s platoon.
    Following up on one of our earlier reports, Tomas Danko explains “negative mouse acceleration fix should be included [in the patch]“
    Australian servers, or the lack of thereof.
    Spawning without having a gun in hand.
    I don't recall destroying a jet with one shot with the stringer, how about improve the Javelin power cause that shyte is garbage.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    So they nerf the UMP and are now buffing it again? lol. I don't know how they intend to make jets more effective because the only way for that to happen is for idiots to wake up and start spotting tanks - all the time. And not even the mighty DICE can force people to be sensible.

Still it's good to hear they are fixing things, I'm much more concerned with the technical side of things than balance issues. Massive lag in half the matches I play in and I've been booted out of at least 20 so far. EA games have a habit of kicking you off PSN too when your game disconnects, fifa does it too.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by falconsfan07 View Post
    Having lots of fun playing this game. Got about 20+ hours already into it. Campaign was really good and Co-op is really fun. If anyone wants to join my Platoon on Battlelog then go ahead and apply and I will accept anyone. Look for it on Battlelog in the Platoon section. Search for Out of this World.Really looking for people to play MP with.
    I just sent an app on battlelog.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Just had the worst 5 games in my life. I was the only person in my squad actually trying to take flags. There was people with more kills than me that were way down on the bottom of the leaderboards at the end of the game. Wish these $#@!ers would play the game like a Battlefield game and not a Call of Duty game. Rage.

Elite Guru
    ahh emmerich i know how you feel, i come across like that alot. not only that don't you just hate it when you have like more than half your team sniping and you're the only one actually trying to play to win.

I'm looking to play some co-op anyone wants to play hit me up HitMan00

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by falconsfan07 View Post
    sent an app.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Just had the worst 5 games in my life. I was the only person in my squad actually trying to take flags. There was people with more kills than me that were way down on the bottom of the leaderboards at the end of the game. Wish these $#@!ers would play the game like a Battlefield game and not a Call of Duty game. Rage.
    Really, I had the best 5 or so Conquest Matches in my life :P
    Capturing and Defending with my trusty Tank, it was heaven.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I made the mistake of renting Battlefield 3 the other day. Luckily it was free because of a current promotion they've got going on, but nevertheless, I should have remembered that EA is requiring a code to play online. And there I was, surprised that such a popular title wasn't rented out.

This is when places like Gamestop and Blockbuster begin to suffer.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Superior Member
    I am enjoying the MP....i love how everything has purpose and isnt a rampage of run and gun....had a match on the rainy city level where we had a battle in the alleyway for the flag.....everybody was doin teamwork and trying to keep the position held up.....i liked how i kept the role of support and kept the suppression fire......

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Quote Originally Posted by blazenigma View Post
    I am enjoying the MP....i love how everything has purpose and isnt a rampage of run and gun....had a match on the rainy city level where we had a battle in the alleyway for the flag.....everybody was doin teamwork and trying to keep the position held up.....i liked how i kept the role of support and kept the suppression fire......
    Had a similar conquest match last night in Grand Bazzar. I was playing engineer though so had to keep our Humvee going. Was quite intense, especially when the opposition circled around and came at us from front and back. We still won the match which was nice.

What I like is that my K/D is rubbish but I'm still doing ok as I'm picking up points for going after objectives and doing my job as Engineer.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I got another question concerning the game.Is there a soldier customization menu, where you can customize the look of your soldier?
    on the customize screen hit triangle to change the appearance of your soldier or class you have selected.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    New Battlefield 3 Patch Details – Changes to Aiming, PP-2000, and Much More

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-batt...and-much-more/

I don't recall destroying a jet with one shot with the stringer, how about improve the Javelin power cause that shyte is garbage.
    I've shot down like 40 air vehicles, probably around 15 of them being planes.

It takes one hit to disable them...though I have seen a glitch where they don't get hurt...not even smoke.

The game is really good. Too bad it has loads of server issues and lag or else I would give it a 9.5 (not counting the SP campaign of course). I don't think it's anywhere near a "CoD Killer", but certainly worth the purchase.
    NapoleonM249

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    This game is borderline trash for many reasons

- Servers are a joke (Even though expected release week)
    - Bad Luck (WHAT THE $#@! IS THAT? I'M SHOOTING A FRAUD AND I DIE RANDOMLY FOR NO $#@!ING REASON)
    - Squad not working properly (Yeah, some team game you got here, DICE)
    - Hit Detection (Yeah, so I'm getting X markers on my screen, but an enemy turns around and kills me while it says he's at 100% health. Get the $#@! outta here)
    - Random Spawning (Yeah, let's allow the enemy to $#@!in' spawn on you. Sounds like an awesome idea!)

Once you get passed all this stupid $#@!, the game isn't half-bad. It's not super beast mode like everyone was hyping it to be. It can be fun at times and ridiculously stupid at other times. The Spawning in the game though, it really blows me. I mean, it really blows my mind.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    This game is borderline trash for many reasons

- Servers are a joke (Even though expected release week)
    - Bad Luck (WHAT THE $#@! IS THAT? I'M SHOOTING A FRAUD AND I DIE RANDOMLY FOR NO $#@!ING REASON)
    - Squad not working properly (Yeah, some team game you got here, DICE)
    - Hit Detection (Yeah, so I'm getting X markers on my screen, but an enemy turns around and kills me while it says he's at 100% health. Get the $#@! outta here)
    - Random Spawning (Yeah, let's allow the enemy to $#@!in' spawn on you. Sounds like an awesome idea!)

Once you get passed all this stupid $#@!, the game isn't half-bad. It's not super beast mode like everyone was hyping it to be. It can be fun at times and ridiculously stupid at other times. The Spawning in the game though, it really blows me. I mean, it really blows my mind.
    All of your complaints are legit.

I just try to find servers from US, I've seen much less lag in those. It's unforgivable for them to not get these sorted out.

The bad luck thing was actually in BC2 as well lol, doesn't mean it's cool though, I hate it too. Some sort of a glitch I think.

The hit detection might be due to lag so try the method I mentioned. Try to filter out any non-US servers and then try the game.

I've only had bad experience with the spawn system in team deathmatch. They literally just spawn you randomly around the map...it's pretty dumb and nullifies the point of having a TEAM deathmatch.

I didn't play the mode after the first round lol.

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    From what I can figure out I think the Bad Luck thing is when you die, but it can't be attributed to a suicide or another player. It has happened to me a couple of times, once when I was trapped next to burning scenery and once when a burning empty vehicle that I was running past blew up. Not another players kill, not a suicide, just bad luck.

Thread Information