Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 435363 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2230
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Excellent job Dice? Are you kidding me? BF3 is full of bugs and unbalanced things, its horrible! Today i played like 6 games and realized how bad bf3 still is, since the release i havent noticed any improvements at all. The lag has been fixed as soon as i tweeked the filters but there are still fps drops. Even the most easy to fix and small things havent been fixed while not talking about the most important things like hit detection and aiming. Most of the maps are unbalanced. Also why the $#@! do i have to spend the whole magazine to kill one enemy ? The whole game is unrealistic and full of bugs and what not.
    Graphical lag has to do with the amount of objects and the graphics...generally that doesn't bother me, it gets that way sometimes but not a lot for me.

If you don't like to shoot someone with the entire clip then try hardcore mode.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Excellent job Dice? Are you kidding me? BF3 is full of bugs and unbalanced things, its horrible! Today i played like 6 games and realized how bad bf3 still is, since the release i havent noticed any improvements at all. The lag has been fixed as soon as i tweeked the filters but there are still fps drops. Even the most easy to fix and small things havent been fixed while not talking about the most important things like hit detection and aiming. Most of the maps are unbalanced. Also why the $#@! do i have to spend the whole magazine to kill one enemy ? The whole game is unrealistic and full of bugs and what not.
    You know this because you have murdered people?

Realism isnt all that good look out of your window.

There are issues with BF3 networking I have many times shot half my bullets into a group of squad spawning enemies that appeared just below my position (I forget which map) but nothing happened after wasting 3/4 of my LMG belt I gave up, it was as if they were invincible also firing rockets at enemies feet often do nothing yet damage me then on the killam it shows enemy with 100% health.
    Another thing is it seems tansk are invincible when disabled fire 1 rocket it disables it then the enemy jmps out to repair, fire another and nothing happens no hit marker, then another but by then its fully repaired by the engineer and then back to disabled.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I'm still shocked by the amount of criticism this game is getting. I've played the game plenty (not too, too recently), and have never experienced a single issue / glitch. Everything has always run smoothly, both teams seem to have fair advantages / disadvantages, and I've never come across someone that seems over-powered in a way that wasn't strategically earned.

But Cybertox, for you, when I hop on today, I'll keep my eye open for issues. Then maybe I'll see where you're coming from.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The thing is that i really try to like the game because i had a blast with the previous one but i still cant say that i really enjoy it because of the huge amount of issues it has. Hitdetection is the most important thng in fps, atleast for me but it is so horrible. 75% of my deaths are caused because by bad hit detection and aiming.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    The thing is that i really try to like the game because i had a blast with the previous one but i still cant say that i really enjoy it because of the huge amount of issues it has. Hitdetection is the most important thng in fps, atleast for me but it is so horrible. 75% of my deaths are caused because by bad hit detection and aiming.
    Perhaps I'm just ignorant. This is an issue I've heard about several times, but on my end the hit detection seems spot-on.

Supreme Veteran
    Not everyone notices the same issues but it doesnt mean they are not there
    I think everyone has gotten stuck on tiny pebbles and ledges and I also think it caused them to die a few times.

Forum Overseer
    There's nothing wrong with the hit detection. If you shoot your gun at full auto and run out the entire mag, notice how the bullets will NEVER stay in one area...they did this on purpose so people don't abuse the gun mechanics. The last 10 or so bullets shoot randomly and very inaccurately. The first 15 or so are almost spot on (but still spread out).

So yes, it might sometimes seem like you're shooting someone but it's not hitting them, just learn how the bullets work in this game, they do drop so get used to the physics and then you won't have any issue.

Again, the hit detection is spot on.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the hit detection. If you shoot your gun at full auto and run out the entire mag, notice how the bullets will NEVER stay in one area...they did this on purpose so people don't abuse the gun mechanics. The last 10 or so bullets shoot randomly and very inaccurately. The first 15 or so are almost spot on (but still spread out).

So yes, it might sometimes seem like you're shooting someone but it's not hitting them, just learn how the bullets work in this game, they do drop so get used to the physics and then you won't have any issue.

Interesting. Another aspect of the game I never paid attention to. I think that's a smart move on DICE's part, though. Otherwise you get some of the issues that have been experienced with Call of Duty games in the past; where someone holds up in one spot and, without evening moving their sight, can take down tons of people.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Interesting. Another aspect of the game I never paid attention to. I think that's a smart move on DICE's part, though. Otherwise you get some of the issues that have been experienced with Call of Duty games in the past; where someone holds up in one spot and, without evening moving their sight, can take down tons of people.
    Exactly. With COD, IW came up with a genius idea that you can make the recoil a major part of the gameplay and FPSs by actually showing you the recoil but it could be abused...with BF3, the system combines the old (CS+SOCOM) mechanics with the new ones and I think it's better than both.

BF3 isn't about how accurate your aim is, it's about where you think the bullet will go. You can be accurate but most of it is going to be a guessing game and that's how it is in real life too...the bullet will never land where you're aiming at...not unless you're close enough. Which is what keeps me coming back to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You know this because you have murdered people?

Realism isnt all that good look out of your window.

There are issues with BF3 networking I have many times shot half my bullets into a group of squad spawning enemies that appeared just below my position (I forget which map) but nothing happened after wasting 3/4 of my LMG belt I gave up, it was as if they were invincible also firing rockets at enemies feet often do nothing yet damage me then on the killam it shows enemy with 100% health.
    Another thing is it seems tansk are invincible when disabled fire 1 rocket it disables it then the enemy jmps out to repair, fire another and nothing happens no hit marker, then another but by then its fully repaired by the engineer and then back to disabled.
    Yea I think they need to nerf the repair big time. It gets abused a lot.

If you're getting hit by a rocket, you should not be able to out do the rockets constantly being shot at you.

Though, the reason why the hit marker doesn't show up when you hit a tank while no one is in there is because, no one is in there.

If you hit your own teammate's tank or a tank that has no one inside, the hit markers won't show up, the damage is still done (but friendly fire is only in hardcore mode).
    Last edited by Omar; 02-11-2012 at 17:09.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Exactly. With COD, IW came up with a genius idea that you can make the recoil a major part of the gameplay and FPSs by actually showing you the recoil but it could be abused...with BF3, the system combines the old (CS+SOCOM) mechanics with the new ones and I think it's better than both.

BF3 isn't about how accurate your aim is, it's about where you think the bullet will go. You can be accurate but most of it is going to be a guessing game and that's how it is in real life too...the bullet will never land where you're aiming at...not unless you're close enough. Which is what keeps me coming back to this game.
    Agreed. The gameplay in Call of Duty, especially as the years have passed, seems increasingly unrealistic to me. Which isn't bad. I think Activision has a winning formula, and a strong base that they can keep selling to. I think they should try to change things up a bit, but millions upon millions of people would disagree with me.

Battlefield, to me, seems wholly more realistic, and there's a much greater strategic element to the game. Plus, I love how close some matches can get. I've been in a few matches where it seems inevitable that the enemy team will win; we're far behind and they've got all the bases down. But then, the whole team picks up the pace, we take all the bases and win the day. That's not the type of intense gameplay I've experienced with Call of Duty in years.. since the Modern Warfare and World at War days.

11. Likes Omar likes this post
    Veteran
    You're right Sufi and though such features make for a harder game, that makes me like it some more because I know some of you may not like realism in the game but I do.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

So your advise is to shoot in bursts? But then sub machine guns will overpower assault rifles with their fast bullet spread, as well as shotguns and rifles which use explosive bullets. This is unbalanced.

Forum Overseer
    The game is tough though, I can't run around kill everyone like it's possible in COD and SOCOM. You really can't run and gun in this game that much. Which is kind of a bummer because I do like that in shooters as well but there are so many other aspects to this game that I don't mind having this and maybe getting COD later for just straight up mindless shooting.

Dedicated Member
    One issue I have noticed a few times is my tank losing health for no reason at all, after not being fully repaired. If I repair my tank to 100% it doesnt happen, if I hop back in with it at about 80% for example it starts to decrease again for no reason.
    PSN = prison_inmate

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    is it still choppy for you? no issues on my side.
    When I was playing with two of my friends they were breaking up. I could only hear some of the words they were saying.
    Then after few days two of us tried again and it worked well, though it seems that that was only because only the two of us were talking.

I so can't wait for the next PlayStation with cross game chat. With Sony providing the chat, it will either work or it won't. That way we won't have to worry about developers such as Dice and Gearbox developing voice chat as a very last afterthought with the underscore "Nobody uses it anyway so let's just throw it in".

The cross game chat would also eliminate one of the biggest problems in this game: squads splitting up.
    It is always very surprising when we end up on the same team and squad even when using server browser.
    I gave up on quick match long time ago since the chances that your squad will not split up are like 1 in 50.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 02-11-2012 at 18:21.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

18. Likes Omar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    One issue I have noticed a few times is my tank losing health for no reason at all, after not being fully repaired. If I repair my tank to 100% it doesnt happen, if I hop back in with it at about 80% for example it starts to decrease again for no reason.
    That happenes to me also. I don't get it but i guess that's more reason to fully repair the tank

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Supreme Veteran

I am not missing its the sever doesn't register the hits for whatever reason. If I could record games I would and show you the utter bull$#@! nonesense that often happens that should not happen but since DICE decided not to include client side recording tool its impossible for me to do so and no way am I playing with fraps running sucking up hard drive space and CPU cycles lowering my FPSesesses.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I am not missing its the sever doesn't register the hits for whatever reason. If I could record games I would and show you the utter bull$#@! nonesense that often happens that should not happen but since DICE decided not to include client side recording tool its impossible for me to do so and no way am I playing with fraps running sucking up hard drive space and CPU cycles lowering my FPSesesses.
    I can't speak for the PC so you may be right. On the consoles though, I don't see any issue.

Veteran
    The reason for the tank doing that is it reaches a point that it won't reheal itself unless you're an engineer and repair it yourself, or something else that fixes it is having the Maintenance feature for your tank.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    The reason for the tank doing that is it reaches a point that it won't reheal itself unless you're an engineer and repair it yourself, or something else that fixes it is having the Maintenance feature for your tank.
    Eh?

I do repair it myself
    PSN = prison_inmate

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    WOW! 7.1 headset patch + VOIP BF3 fix =

Dedicated Member
    Your ass back on the game then!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    Your ass back on the game then!
    I am already!!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Played some more games today and all i can say is that BF3 has the worst aiming controls ever. They are just a piece of $#@!ing $#@!. Im sorry but i cant find any better words to describe them.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I manage just fine. I guess if you prefer arcade type controls then this game isn't for you.

Thread Information