Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 465666 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2230
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    11. take jet and make kamikaze attack into other jets.
    I would imagine that's hard but yet again i suck with jets.

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    They really need to add contrast option! $#@!ing $#@!s.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    12. Get in a tank and trying to figure out how to go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    They really need to add contrast option! $#@!ing $#@!s.
    What seems to be the problem? Maybe I can help you out.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    10. fly helicopter and crash it instantly
    Last time I checked, it takes practice to fly those things.

Quote Originally Posted by keffy
    1. Never join a squad
    3. Jump in a vehicle on their own and drive off
    These are my two biggest complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by moots
    6. Only weapon they know is usas-12
    I was in a match where almost everyone was using that weapon.. In Operation Metro. They need to tone down it's power for that weapon.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post

I was in a match where almost everyone was using that weapon.. In Operation Metro. They need to tone down it's power for that weapon.
    Ya that level usually has the most players using that gun. Probably because it's close combat but it's usually fun with everything exploding everywhere

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Apprentice
    Why do I sometimes get 0 xp for Jets even though I did loads of stuff in a map? Anyone know?

Superior Member
    They need to nerf the $#@!ing noob weapons famas and usas, the weapons for pussies
    Last edited by kupo; 02-17-2012 at 12:14.
    PSN ID: Bakous

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    12. Get in a tank and trying to figure out how to go forward.

What seems to be the problem? Maybe I can help you out.
    It's just stupid it's not there, can't be hard to implement.
    Anyway, it's just there are times when it's really sunny outside, almost blinding, and pretty much pitch black in other parts of the level.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    It's just stupid it's not there, can't be hard to implement.
    Anyway, it's just there are times when it's really sunny outside, almost blinding, and pretty much pitch black in other parts of the level.
    Yea I figured you had the same issues.

I don't like that they did that but once you fix your TV settings, you will understand why they did it.

They did this to make all these things come into play. Darkness, smoke, shadow, sun, etc. etc.

There's no other way they could've done this (meaning, normally people can fix all this by changing TV settings, giving them an advantage).

But there's a way to minimize all of this and at least display it the way they intended it. that is to fix your TV settings to how they should be.

I'll post mine and let me know if this works for you.

Contrast: 85
    Brightness: 32 (this is easy to adjust and normally is different for every TV, let me know if you wanna know how to get the perfect number)
    Sharpness: 0 (read somewhere that 0 is supposed to be naturally, everything over it is manipulation)
    Backlight: 8
    Gamma: +3

PS3 is set to limited in RGB range.

The brightness in the game is set 1 point above. If you go to the main menu before jumping in a room or campaign, it lets you set brightness in-depth. You will see the number 3, there's a point after which the screen will have be too bright that it looks washed out, i realized that after the first unit to the right, it reaches that point...thus why I chose 1 unit to the right.

It really depends on how your TV is but that setting is generally acceptable over anything way out of the ordinary. So try that and tell me if you like it. Gamma is extremely important and I hope your TV has that setting, should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf616 View Post
    Why do I sometimes get 0 xp for Jets even though I did loads of stuff in a map? Anyone know?
    What do you normally do in a round?
    Last edited by Omar; 02-17-2012 at 15:08.

Apprentice
    What do you normally do in a round?
    In a Jet? Destroy land, sea & air vehicles, shoot the $#@! out of anyone on the ground and so on ad nauseum. Sometimes it gives me XP for all this, sometimes it doesn't.

Forum Overseer
    In a Jet? Destroy land, sea & air vehicles, shoot the $#@! out of anyone on the ground and so on ad nauseum. Sometimes it gives me XP for all this, sometimes it doesn't.
    weird, the only thing that ever happened to me with jets is that it wouldn't count the kills...but that's about it. did you confirm it by checking your stats?

Dedicated Member
    What's e $#@!ing problem with the USAS with frag rounds, if it kills $#@!ers easily...so what.

Isn't the game all about killing $#@!ers (well it certainly helps).
    PSN = prison_inmate

13. Likes keefy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    What's e $#@!ing problem with the USAS with frag rounds, if it kills $#@!ers easily...so what.

I guess these people are the "try hards" someone mentioned earlier.
    It is funny though when kill someone with a feeble weapon like the Klobb in Goldeneye or crowbar in Half Life and gauntlet in Quake etc.
    I guess its these people that choose to gimp themselves and not use overpowered weapons and baically delivberately choose to use the underpowered weapons that messes up what little balance there is because every weapon is overpowereed to an underpowered weapon also tis one or the other, either 1 is overpowered or 1 is underpowerd it cannot be both.
    I keep seeing people claim that Shotguns are underpowered and those same people also claim the USAS is overpowerd, it makes no sense to me.
    They want the weapons balancing to what feeble weapons they feel are not noob which is wrong.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-17-2012 at 21:51.

Veteran

USAS is just fine, people complaining about it just can't deal with getting raped by that gun so bad lol.

Forum Overseer
    I don't like the frag ammo but I don't get raped by it. My only issue is that when I'm getting hit by it, the obvious part being the huge sound that completely disorients you, on top of that it produces an excessive amount of suppression, rendering you useless as far as fighting back.

When I use it, I can get a lot of kills with it...but then it makes me wanna play without paying attention to gun mechanics...so I try not to use it because I want to keep the skill intact.

It's good enough to be used in almost all situations but it ruins the game for me (sorta like thermal scope did until the patch) because my enemies never recover from being suppressed so I can reload and go back at them if I missed the first time.

If I wanted a high KDR, I could just stick with vehicles and planes and keep this shotty up all the time...but that gets boring and not challenging enough. I almost quit the game the day I got on the jet because it was almost too easy to take out the tanks (since you can easily spot them), then I went hardcore mode and realized that the game still had challenge. My average with the jet was around 10-18 kills every game...with as little as 0-3 deaths (mostly suicides).

Like I said, I almost quit the game.

Apprentice
    If I wanted a high KDR, I could just stick with vehicles and planes and keep this shotty up all the time...but that gets boring and not challenging enough. I almost quit the game the day I got on the jet because it was almost too easy to take out the tanks (since you can easily spot them), then I went hardcore mode and realized that the game still had challenge. My average with the jet was around 10-18 kills every game...with as little as 0-3 deaths (mostly suicides).

Like I said, I almost quit the game.
    If you are playing with/against people that have a clue it's not too hard to take down jets. I've shot one down several times with the tank before.

Dedicated Member
    What really annoys me is when we are getting slaughtered by choppers (say on Canals) nobody jumps in my 3rd tank seat to light them up (either they havent unlocked it or they cant be bothered ((or the fact they get virtually zero points for doing it)) (((sort that out Dice)))..

thats got to be a record for the amount of brackets in a post!!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
    PSN = prison_inmate

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam

Last edited by .RAID3N.; 02-18-2012 at 13:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Forum Overseer
    If you are playing with/against people that have a clue it's not too hard to take down jets. I've shot one down several times with the tank before.
    It's almost impossible to take down jets. 1) They made the amount of hits that can be taken to like...2. Instead of 1. 2) You get flares back quicker. 3) If you go a certain pattern (fly straight), almost impossible to be shot down no matter how many people you have shooting.
    What really annoys me is when we are getting slaughtered by choppers (say on Canals) nobody jumps in my 3rd tank seat to light them up (either they havent unlocked it or they cant be bothered ((or the fact they get virtually zero points for doing it)) (((sort that out Dice)))..

thats got to be a record for the amount of brackets in a post!!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
    never been in the third seat so i'm probably one of those people that don't get in lol.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    It's almost impossible to take down jets. 1) They made the amount of hits that can be taken to like...2. Instead of 1. 2) You get flares back quicker. 3) If you go a certain pattern (fly straight), almost impossible to be shot down no matter how many people you have shooting.

never been in the third seat so i'm probably one of those people that don't get in lol.
    I've managed to shoot down a good number of jets and helicopters in the AA gun emplacements, some of them got so annoyed they started crashing into me and stealing tanks to come and blow me up

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    What exactly do you need to have unlocked and be in the third seat in order to "light them up". Please be as specific as possible.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Veteran
    Rendezook won the trip to DICE with his mid air rpg kill jet swap, this is even harder because of the snipe kill and getting on the other jet so this would have won too bad he did it too late lol.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I've managed to shoot down a good number of jets and helicopters in the AA gun emplacements, some of them got so annoyed they started crashing into me and stealing tanks to come and blow me up
    There's not a single AA gun in the game right now that can hit a jet if you know what you're doing.

I can literally go in a straight line and not get hit by an AA launcher of any kind. If a jet is coming back or flying around you then it is possible, but if you're just going back and forth in a straight line, no way in hell it's possible right now after the AA rockets were nerfed and jets were buffed.

Dedicated Member
    the usas is the only shotty overpowered with frag that is.(maybe frag can be adjusted) They just need to lower the damage of the frag ammo and maybe take out fewer pellets and flechetes. I want them to make it like the other automatic Shotty. SSH!T lol so everyone that got lots a kills with it are stuck with a $#@!ty weappon now XD
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by jocomat9 View Post
    the usas is the only shotty overpowered with frag that is.(maybe frag can be adjusted) They just need to lower the damage of the frag ammo and maybe take out fewer pellets and flechetes. I want them to make it like the other automatic Shotty. SSH!T lol so everyone that got lots a kills with it are stuck with a $#@!ty weappon now XD
    for me, as long as they lower the crazy sound effects and the suppression element. otherwise i don't think it's any different than other guns much. it does have its disadvantages as well. Just that I've been able to get crazy kills with it at medium ranges...especially in closed off areas. but it does take longer than a regular gun at that range. up close it can basically blind your opponents completely, which for me is the overpowered aspect.

Thread Information