Latest PSU headlines:

Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 485868 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2230
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hardcore destroys all what little balance there is in this game every weapon kills faster in less bullets.

Power Member
    Confirmed fixes and Tweaks by DICE
    It is a rather long list so will use the spoiler tags.

Or go direct to the source

Last edited by keefy; 02-23-2012 at 14:21.

3. Likes daLa, darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf616 View Post
    Yeah, sneaking up on tanks with C4 is much easier now. Really enjoying hardcore mode; takes a bit of getting used to but the games seem much more tactical now. You're right about RPGs, though. What's the (overpowered) USAS with frag rounds like on this mode? Haven't actually met anyone with it yet...
    I don't see people abusing the USAS frags in this mode because it's so easy to kill anyone even with a peashooter (PP2000)...I like that I can use the P90/PDW or UMP45 and get kills at medium range as well but it takes a while to get it right.

In normal mode, it's much tougher. Also I like the fact that if I hit someone, most likely they won't heal back (unless they're medic or around a group).

Overall it opens up the game in a new way and you will notice less newbies in this mode too.

Veteran
    There's some really great changes, but then there's also some I wish they had not made.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    That's a whole lot of stuff. From what i did read, should be a good patch

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Power Member
    Probably be a very big one too couple of gigabytes.

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    Any time frame for this on ps3?
    Vengeful is amazing<3

9. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator- DAM, looks like i'll have to find new high spot so pick off people.

The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed- my prays have been answered.

The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn- Love this one.

Wish they would add some machine guns to shoot down aircraft vechicles
    Last edited by TekkenLord; 02-23-2012 at 19:16.

Extreme Poster
    ****ing hilarious. The fixes to the recoil and damage for guns are so spot on that I'm crying on the inside. I always thought they ****ed up the initial recoil (since that stops you from firing burst, which I mentioned earlier in this thread...like 2 pages ago) and now they're fixing it on ALL guns LOL.

Now we're going to have a game with more skill required.

Like.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator- DAM, looks like i'll have to find new high spot so pick off people.

The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed- my prays have been answered.

The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn- Love this one.

Isnt there an assignment that requires you to kill a certain amount of players with the MAV?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blazenigma View Post
    Isnt there an assignment that requires you to kill a certain amount of players with the MAV?
    No
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post

Just use the spawn beacon.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-24-2012 at 11:11.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ****ing hilarious. The fixes to the recoil and damage for guns are so spot on that I'm crying on the inside. I always thought they ****ed up the initial recoil (since that stops you from firing burst, which I mentioned earlier in this thread...like 2 pages ago) and now they're fixing it on ALL guns LOL.

Now we're going to have a game with more skill required.

Like.
    Can somebody explain to me what he meant? Are these changes going to make aiming better, easier or more difficult?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Can somebody explain to me what he meant? Are these changes going to make aiming better, easier or more difficult?
    Easier.

But it will also make it harder for people who do not like to shoot burst or single shot at long ranges. Not that much harder but definitely will give some edge to people who like control over their trigger.

At least I'm hoping this because the initial kick is the first bullet you shoot...goto single player and shoot a gun once, see how much it kicks, then shoot 5-6 bullets and notice how it's almost better to never shoot one bullet or a burst in this game. The guns just kick too much initially.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I'm liking that they are still fixing stuff, especially the spawning on vehicles when they are full man that is so annoying. But really that kinda stuff should have been patched within a fortnight of the game launching, I can't believe there's still glaring problems when it's almost March.

As for the balancing changes, some good, sensible decisions, some really stupid ones. Like the foregrip, that's just ridiculous. Go away Demize, you're an idiot

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Easier.

But it will also make it harder for people who do not like to shoot burst or single shot at long ranges. Not that much harder but definitely will give some edge to people who like control over their trigger.

At least I'm hoping this because the initial kick is the first bullet you shoot...goto single player and shoot a gun once, see how much it kicks, then shoot 5-6 bullets and notice how it's almost better to never shoot one bullet or a burst in this game. The guns just kick too much initially.
    That's definitely going to be a game changer for me. Always try shooting in bursts and the recoil was horrific. Accuracy should go up a bit, frustration meter will go down.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    4 more sniper kills until I completed the spec ops assignment I hate sniping with a passion

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    4 more sniper kills until I completed the spec ops assignment I hate sniping with a passion
    Out of curiosity, what gun do you use for sniping. I tried it a couple times and hated it too. I rather be in the action then a far distance. Plus it doesn't help that i suck hard at it lol.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    Out of curiosity, what gun do you use for sniping. I tried it a couple times and hated it too. I rather be in the action then a far distance. Plus it doesn't help that i suck hard at it lol.

The SV but might go back to the first sniper as I had more luck with it and hate the scope on the SV. As I've only got 16 kills I suck at sniping as well lol, not got the patience.

I have had 3 quick scope headshots with the SV though but I'd say it's more luck than any skill with me

22. Likes mooninites wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    The SV but might go back to the first sniper as I had more luck with it and hate the scope on the SV. As I've only got 16 kills I suck at sniping as well lol, not got the patience.

I have had 3 quick scope headshots with the SV though but I'd say it's more luck than any skill with me
    Thanks I'll try that out sometime. 3 quick scope head shots is pretty damn awesome. I think my frustration level is going to sky rocket trying to snipe

Super Elite
    Thanks I'll try that out sometime. 3 quick scope head shots is pretty damn awesome. I think my frustration level is going to sky rocket trying to snipe

The sniper rifles in BF3 suck! I liked been a sniper in BFBC2 but in the 200 hours or so I've put into this I've only been a sniper for about 4 hours!!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-SNAKE1 View Post
    The sniper rifles in BF3 suck! I liked been a sniper in BFBC2 but in the 200 hours or so I've put into this I've only been a sniper for about 4 hours!!
    They're that bad? I have nothing to compare this game to. The hardest part for me is figuring how far over the target i have to shoot for me to hit it. It's hard with a sniper because the long distance

Veteran
    Sniper rifles in BF3 don't suck at all, I love them, M98B the most so don't mean to sound rude but if you're saying the sniper rifles sucks it's probably cause you suck at it lol.

Elite Guru
    if you want snipe use the M98B, it's really good.

Extreme Poster
    That's definitely going to be a game changer for me. Always try shooting in bursts and the recoil was horrific. Accuracy should go up a bit, frustration meter will go down.

Oh for sure. This was my biggest problem with the guns and looks like they're fixing most of the issues with the game itself.

Just go with a SKS with a RDS scope or any of the smaller ones. Instant kills for those that don't like sniper scopes.

Thread Information