Latest PSU headlines:

Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 546474 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2230
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Also, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet or not...but apparently the grip is only good for close quarters...and you're better off without it in medium range. Not that you can't possibly kill anyone but there's definitely a difference.

Which brings me to my next point, I'm having a blast running around with an assault gun with a bipod on it and it makes perfect sense...now I feel like the Assault class is different from the engineer one.

UPDATE: As for the AA problems I was having...it seems like it may be on purpose...but I still can't get the completely gist of it.

You most definitely cannot lock onto aircrafts from behind anymore (not 100% sure, may differ depending on the stealth perk)...it might be a base thing but I THINK it's due to the stealth perk...which is interesting because it would seem it has a better purpose now.

I've noticed that sometimes the crafts wouldn't lock on for a while even from front...again probably due to the stealth perk.

I know that some did and some didn't...I realized that one of them I couldn't lock on to and then I was shot by it...turns out he had a stealth perk. Makes perfect sense.

I'm still glad that it's one-hit-disabling and it's sorta fair for both the aircrafts and the ground forces. It's the best balance so far.

Javelin is badass now...I was getting tank disables in one hit (probably didn't have reactive armor though). Though what I found annoying and I guess it's fair...is how one tank kept shooting smoke and even if I locked onto it afterwards, my rockets would go towards the smoke...I guess it's fair.

MOST OF ALL, what I love about the patch is that now Assault is a proper long-range shooter and still retains an advantage over the Support class due to the fact that you can run around with your gun still and not have to rely on the bipod (but you should still equip it depending on which gun you have...I'm putting on bipod on all slower guns because I'm likely not going to use them up close anyway).

Support is also very useful now because not only the bipod is faster to deploy...the machine guns actually have a unique advantage over all other guns: You can literally shoot the **** out of anything within a couple of feet within a few hundred yards...THAT's...badass. I mean, it's almost overpowering but since you can't just run and gun with your heavy guns, it makes perfect sense.

And for those that like the IAR and the RPK...well, you can sorta run and gun with it but then they made these guns much less stable in bipod operations...which balances out the games (so they aren't overpowered)...so there's actually a point to run around with the heavy ones.

All in all, this totally rejouvanted the game for me and has to be the best patch ever...ever. Better than WoW patches lol and those were fun too.
    Last edited by Sufi; 04-01-2012 at 03:34.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Also, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet or not...but apparently the grip is only good for close quarters...and you're better off without it in medium range. Not that you can't possibly kill anyone but there's definitely a difference.

Which brings me to my next point, I'm having a blast running around with an assault gun with a bipod on it and it makes perfect sense...now I feel like the Assault class is different from the engineer one.

UPDATE: As for the AA problems I was having...it seems like it may be on purpose...but I still can't get the completely gist of it.

You most definitely cannot lock onto aircrafts from behind anymore (not 100% sure, may differ depending on the stealth perk)...it might be a base thing but I THINK it's due to the stealth perk...which is interesting because it would seem it has a better purpose now.

I've noticed that sometimes the crafts wouldn't lock on for a while even from front...again probably due to the stealth perk.

I know that some did and some didn't...I realized that one of them I couldn't lock on to and then I was shot by it...turns out he had a stealth perk. Makes perfect sense.

I'm still glad that it's one-hit-disabling and it's sorta fair for both the aircrafts and the ground forces. It's the best balance so far.

Javelin is badass now...I was getting tank disables in one hit (probably didn't have reactive armor though). Though what I found annoying and I guess it's fair...is how one tank kept shooting smoke and even if I locked onto it afterwards, my rockets would go towards the smoke...I guess it's fair.

MOST OF ALL, what I love about the patch is that now Assault is a proper long-range shooter and still retains an advantage over the Support class due to the fact that you can run around with your gun still and not have to rely on the bipod (but you should still equip it depending on which gun you have...I'm putting on bipod on all slower guns because I'm likely not going to use them up close anyway).

Support is also very useful now because not only the bipod is faster to deploy...the machine guns actually have a unique advantage over all other guns: You can literally shoot the **** out of anything within a couple of feet within a few hundred yards...THAT's...badass. I mean, it's almost overpowering but since you can't just run and gun with your heavy guns, it makes perfect sense.

And for those that like the IAR and the RPK...well, you can sorta run and gun with it but then they made these guns much less stable in bipod operations...which balances out the games (so they aren't overpowered)...so there's actually a point to run around with the heavy ones.

All in all, this totally rejouvanted the game for me and has to be the best patch ever...ever. Better than WoW patches lol and those were fun too.
    I completely agree. This patch has made the game a lot more fun than what it was before (not saying it wasn't fun). A lot more balanced than before.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Any tips on what attachments to use as an engineer? I'm using the PDW-R.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Any tips on what attachments to use as an engineer? I'm using the PDW-R.
    Tip 1: Use an engineer specific weapon lol.

I would only use P90, PDW-R, P2000 or UMP45 if there was no way to get an SMG in that class (like a sniper or support or Assault).

If you like PDW-R because you can strafe faster with it than other guns then you have the A-91 (with a slightly higher rate of fire) or you can try the last gun you get from the DLC...forgot the name but apparently they changed that gun so that you can strafe quicker while aiming.

If you don't care about strafing while shooting then you are at a significant disadvantage with any of those secondary SMGs that you can use with all kits (because their kicks is much higher and they're less powerful).

Basically those are for run and gunners, which can be useful in smaller maps or certain play types.

But if you just love the PDW-R either way, there's not much to be said since the gun doesn't sport a grip...so it's up to you if you'd want a flashlight or the laser. If you go for the suppressor, you won't show up on the minimap but the bullets drop faster so it's better to use it in smaller environments. Otherwise use flash suppressor (on bigger maps, IF you don't want the flash to be showing of course).

Not much else I can say.

Another thing I wanted to mention about the patch, it's interesting to note that the grip attachment is more useful on guns that have the highest rate of fire (somewhere around 800-900)...which is realistic...so I'm thinking of keeping the lower-rate-of-fire guns for long-range shooting (with a bipod and a long-range scope)...and see how that works out. So far I like this entire variation they've given us. Now we can sort of play it more tactically from longer ranges...before I didn't find it worth it to put on higher scopes (and well a bipod as well). Total game changer and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface so far.

5. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Veteran
    Yeah SUFI i also agree, the game feels somehow different, it does take a bit more skill to it, so that's good.

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    I uploaded the patch the other night and had a quick go (not played since October) to have a refresher and joined an empty server by mistake on Caspian. Last time I was on an empty server I couldn't move until the required 8 players were on. This time howerver, I could do everything apart from the game didn't start (still need the 8 players which is logical). Is this a result of the recent patch, or an older one?

Had a little 1 v 1 with somebody else who joined shortly after me and shot down my first jet using a tank.

The most important bit of this session for me though was that I got some time in on the jets and a chopper to try and learn how to fly the things (still rubbish though).

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyExile View Post
    I uploaded the patch the other night and had a quick go (not played since October) to have a refresher and joined an empty server by mistake on Caspian. Last time I was on an empty server I couldn't move until the required 8 players were on. This time howerver, I could do everything apart from the game didn't start (still need the 8 players which is logical). Is this a result of the recent patch, or an older one?

Had a little 1 v 1 with somebody else who joined shortly after me and shot down my first jet using a tank.

The most important bit of this session for me though was that I got some time in on the jets and a chopper to try and learn how to fly the things (still rubbish though).
    I think it must have been this most recent patch. And this is honestly really awesome. Can't wait to just **** around on a empty server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Apprentice

As much as I love BF3 for the vehicle combat, I must say I'm loving the new 24x7 Metro servers. It really does do close combat quite well.

Dedicated Member
    Really getting used to the game post patch, fantastic game.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PottSie2 View Post
    As much as I love BF3 for the vehicle combat, I must say I'm loving the new 24x7 Metro servers. It really does do close combat quite well.
    Yeah the custom Op Metro servers with more than 1000 tickets are lots of fun.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I played ona 1000 ticket server once and it took forever I was playing for over an hour and to be honest i was getting bored towards the end.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I played ona 1000 ticket server once and it took forever I was playing for over an hour and to be honest i was getting bored towards the end.
    Yeah it does take at least an hour, but if you're in a good team against a competitive team, it's lots of fun.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    finally bought this badboy 2nd hand on the cheap. i look forward to shooting at all of you

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yeah it does take at least an hour, but if you're in a good team against a competitive team, it's lots of fun.
    Yep, when the teams are even, the game ebbs and flows wonderfully. You can be in control of all points, then all of a sudden, lose the 2 outer ones and so forth.

Last night was on a 750 ticket one, and it was about 190 to 310 losing, but somehow, it became 12-10 ... and we won.

Wasn't looking forward to the close combat expansion, but if they play like metro and bit like grand bazaar, then I'll probably get it.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    finally bought this badboy 2nd hand on the cheap. i look forward to shooting at all of you
    You need an online pass.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PottSie2 View Post
    Yep, when the teams are even, the game ebbs and flows wonderfully. You can be in control of all points, then all of a sudden, lose the 2 outer ones and so forth.

Last night was on a 750 ticket one, and it was about 190 to 310 losing, but somehow, it became 12-10 ... and we won.

Wasn't looking forward to the close combat expansion, but if they play like metro and bit like grand bazaar, then I'll probably get it.
    The teams change so much most people get bored and leave then others replace them and so on, the team you finish with isnt the team you started with by a long shot.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-03-2012 at 12:45.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I have started playing this game recently, I bought it ages ago on my PS3 and didn't play it all that much but I'm getting in to it now and I'm finding it hard. I always come up against teams of people who are clearly playing as a well oiled machine and the team I end up on is all randoms ****ing about trying to get to the jets and choppers and then dying and repeating. I'm always on a team struggling to even capture and hold a single position out of all of the positions on conquest. I always end up first or second on my team but I always have a horrible kill to death cause I'm going out of my way to get the capture and I die a lot.

I wish I had a team I could play with it would surely be much more fun.

Oh and no one seems to like to talk?

Power Member
    What you describe is all random pub FPS games not just BF3, if you want proper teamwork you need a platoon/clan then join a league or just organise PUGs.

You mau Once ina while be lucky and join the winning side but it is rare because players realise they are loosing or on a **** team that will losse and rage quit meaning the the late joiners mstly ever join the loosing/crap side.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-05-2012 at 02:06.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I have started playing this game recently, I bought it ages ago on my PS3 and didn't play it all that much but I'm getting in to it now and I'm finding it hard. I always come up against teams of people who are clearly playing as a well oiled machine and the team I end up on is all randoms ****ing about trying to get to the jets and choppers and then dying and repeating. I'm always on a team struggling to even capture and hold a single position out of all of the positions on conquest. I always end up first or second on my team but I always have a horrible kill to death cause I'm going out of my way to get the capture and I die a lot.

I wish I had a team I could play with it would surely be much more fun.

Oh and no one seems to like to talk?
    Yea man I totally agree with keefy, teamwork and coop fluid gameplay can't be found in almost any game unless you're in a clan. I also get pissed a lot when playing cause I'm amazed by my team's stupidity, I see me and other people spawning let's say in C at metro then we start running towards B but C starts blinking because we're losing it and I'm the only one who gives an actual fok to go back and fight for it. And lot of other dumb shiz that goes down.

Forum Elder
    Fortunatelly I play with almost the same mates I have been playing BF2 and Killzone2-3 so the experience is almost always good. Of course we all have mics on

Apprentice
    I'm not liking that these personal servers are getting lumped in with public ones. I'm perfectly happy with standard servers and really dont want to play a tdm match to 500 kills, that gets old real fast.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake the ssnake View Post
    I'm not liking that these personal servers are getting lumped in with public ones. I'm perfectly happy with standard servers and really dont want to play a tdm match to 500 kills, that gets old real fast.
    Are there any server filter options? Such as "ranked" because if the owners change too much they wont be ranked.

Oh and ths update is awesome, too many times I joined a server then 2 mins later the round ended.

The live scoreboard shows you what is happening on a PC server and is useful in many ways. When you view a server's details, it shows the progression of the current game and real-time updates on each player's performance.

If you have ever joined a server just to watch the round end in a loss for your team 5 seconds later, you'll love the live scoreboard on the updated server browser. With a quick glance, you can immediately see how many tickets or kills are left before the end of the round.

If you don't see the live scoreboard in your Battlelog yet, don't worry. We are rolling it out to more users every day to gather performance data and community feedback before releasing it for everyone.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4780672366278/
    Last edited by keefy; 04-06-2012 at 00:05.

Apprentice

As much as I love BF3, IMO BFBC2 was and is a far better game online. From the maps, graphics and gun sounds. I'll probably go back to it when I get get bored of BF3.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Are there any server filter options? Such as "ranked" because if the owners change too much they wont be ranked.

Oh and ths update is awesome, too many times I joined a server then 2 mins later the round ended.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4780672366278/
    I honestly dont know. i've been letting my friend host the party since he doesn't have the expansion pack. Otherwise, it puts me into one of those games and boots him. I wonder if they fixed that with the patch?

Extreme Poster
    I honestly dont know. i've been letting my friend host the party since he doesn't have the expansion pack. Otherwise, it puts me into one of those games and boots him. I wonder if they fixed that with the patch?
    Goto server options and choose Yes for ranked and standard or hardcore (whatever you prefer). and this is optional but choose the option that only shows open rooms...then you won't get any non-ranked servers or custom ones.

You will still see private servers but at least they will have the same options as the EA ones. Just that they will have custom maps.

Most of your problems will be resolved this way. As for getting booted in a room for not having DLC. Make sure to choose the server that doesn't have DLC pack...like Classic BF3. You can check the map details through the server info (press x on the server once then press R1 to see the map info).

Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    As much as I love BF3, IMO BFBC2 was and is a far better game online.
    From the maps,
    subjective.
    graphics
    no
    and gun sounds.
    no
    Last edited by Sufi; 04-06-2012 at 02:07.

27. Likes jake the ssnake likes this post

Thread Information