Latest PSU headlines:

Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 556575 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2230
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    bleh, it seems i'm the only corporal on every game i'm in, at least call of duty lumped in the noobs together until a certain level

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    bleh, it seems i'm the only corporal on every game i'm in, at least call of duty lumped in the noobs together until a certain level
    I don't I ever run into any noob games at all, there's always 45 and up.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's harder to level up in this game...that may be the reason. You'll have lop-sided games.

PSN ID
    sirhawker
    Definitely helps to be in a clan, especially in the 24x7 Metro servers. Those that work together, and have a couple of medics in their squad(s) generally rule quite easily over the other team.

I definitely get frustrated when put into a squad where I'm the only medic, and everyone goes their own way.

Although, I was going great guns on one of the Metro servers .. on top, and then got kicked by the admin, TopNotched (or something similar), because he was getting owned on the other side, but he who pays, has the final say!!

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i do okay, nothing to write home about, but i get to learn the maps while getting one shotted for about an hour lol. but it's nice to see myself actually getting better and better as the match goes on, but still, i have to pretty much surprise someone while i lob spitwads out of my low class weapons. can't complain about that it's pretty $#@!in good. and the campaign is better than every call of duty i've played except the first 3

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    i do okay, nothing to write home about, but i get to learn the maps while getting one shotted for about an hour lol. but it's nice to see myself actually getting better and better as the match goes on, but still, i have to pretty much surprise someone while i lob spitwads out of my low class weapons. can't complain about that it's pretty $#@!in good. and the campaign is better than every call of duty i've played except the first 3
    meh don't let the Ranks fool you a lot of High Ranks are scrubs too. just use solid Teamwork and you'll be fine.

Master Guru
    i've noticed that at least one solid squad member makes a world of difference, kicked some ass this morning

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Does anyone in this thread play maps that are not metro?

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Does anyone in this thread play maps that are not metro?
    Duh, Metro is one of the least played maps.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Goto server options and choose Yes for ranked and standard or hardcore (whatever you prefer). and this is optional but choose the option that only shows open rooms...then you won't get any non-ranked servers or custom ones.

You will still see private servers but at least they will have the same options as the EA ones. Just that they will have custom maps.

Most of your problems will be resolved this way. As for getting booted in a room for not having DLC. Make sure to choose the server that doesn't have DLC pack...like Classic BF3. You can check the map details through the server info (press x on the server once then press R1 to see the map info).

subjective.

no

no

IMO the sound in BFBC2 is better than BF3, I used to play BFC2 using my headphones as the sound was so good but I just don't feel the urge to do that in BF3. Maps wise its difficult now I come to think about it: Without the back to Karkland pack, BFBC2 wins hands down especially if you include Vietnam DLC which IGN awarded a 9 to. But the DLC for BF3 meets BFBC2 so that's about equal. Again IMO the graphics in BFBC2 surpass BF3 due to better AA/draw distances and better colour. Again maybe Im being too bias towards BFBC2 as I've played it to death but Im already starting to find myself bored with BF3. Don't get me wrong I still love it and think its the best shooter series!

Power Member
    BF3 sound is a bit funky I cant hear footsteps coming from behind me at all its as though enemies run in silent mode.

But you cannto come to a fair conclusion if you dont use the same equipment to compare the 2 games, I always use headphones because I have no speakers on my PC.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    IMO the sound in BFBC2 is better than BF3, I used to play BFC2 using my headphones as the sound was so good but I just don't feel the urge to do that in BF3. Maps wise its difficult now I come to think about it: Without the back to Karkland pack, BFBC2 wins hands down especially if you include Vietnam DLC which IGN awarded a 9 to. But the DLC for BF3 meets BFBC2 so that's about equal. Again IMO the graphics in BFBC2 surpass BF3 due to better AA/draw distances and better colour. Again maybe Im being too bias towards BFBC2 as I've played it to death but Im already starting to find myself bored with BF3. Don't get me wrong I still love it and think its the best shooter series!
    BC2 vs BF3 maps, I will say that both have good maps...it just depends what you prefer.

I'd say BF2 had the better maps of all but that's just me.

I can't comment on the sound because to me, sound is a biggie...now I'm not one of those people that want uncompressed 7.1 sound with the best setup but I definitely notice gun sounds in all games and BF3 by far, by far has the most realistic gun sounds I've ever heard...ever.

BC2's sound was amazing when it first came out but it sort of had that echo...like you're shooting out in the open...it didn't change much depending on where you were.

BF3's sounds are very dynamic and if you watch any gun videos on youtube and match the sounds...they are pretty damn close. For this reason I disagree that BC2 had better sounds.

I won't argue about the maps much, if you compare them to Vietnam, BF1 and 2...they're not all that...but I really don't mind, I've gotten used to it.

The AA and draw distance...I'd have to check that out again but I thought the AA was pretty good in this game...the draw distance again I didn't notice that it was worse...I always assumed it was better. Are you sure you're not talking about BF2?

As for color palette, I donno, I love it...maybe you're not liking it due to the HDR lighting...some people aren't liking the graphics for that reason...so some people are probably turning up the brightness too high to see clearly and that causes loss in quality and color saturation.

BF3 has one of the most realistic graphics I've ever seen and probably the best looking shooter on consoles. I can't think of another that's better-looking.

Now I'm not pushing away your opinion but a lot of reviewers raved about BF3's graphics.

Power Member
    Pay to unlock everything for 25 or $40.

I hate unlocking stuff.

Get all weapons and gadgets unique to all four classes, all upgrades for both air and ground vehicles, and all co-op weapons in the ultimate shortcut bundle! This massive pack immediately unlocks all 119 weapons, gadgets, and vehicle upgrades from all other available shortcut packs.

These items are normally unlocked by earning experience while playing as the different classes, using the available vehicles, and by completing the co-op campaign.
    http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...eleased-today/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

I hate unlocking stuff.

It should be indicated somehow when someone has paid to unlock $#@!. Cheap bastards. lol

Extreme Poster
    If anyone wants to practice or just mess around. Click NO on ranked option. You can even enter rooms without people.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If anyone wants to practice or just mess around. Click NO on ranked option. You can even enter rooms without people.
    yes but you can't play on A map with no people can you ?? say like I wanted to practice flying in a Jet

Elite Sage

I hate unlocking stuff.

they've been on the PSN store for like 2 weeks already ,the full unlock cots 32 quid or you just buy individual unlocks

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    yes but you can't play on A map with no people can you ?? say like I wanted to practice flying in a Jet
    You can fly jets with just you int he server I just did it.
    Unless thats not what you meant.

Elite Sage
    You can fly jets with just you int he server I just did it.
    Unless thats not what you meant.
    Yea thats what I meant, i'll have to jump on & practice with them

Extreme Poster
    Since it's a custom room and non-ranked, you can play alone.

Power Member
    And obviously any kills and deaths doesnt get tracked because they are not ranked.

Extreme Poster
    Yup and though generally it will still show your points and K/D...you won't see anyone's rank and after the game ends, you won't see any tab except stats and scoreboard (no unlock tabs etc).

Though I was just in a room that didn't even record points, even suicides...it just said 0 the whole time lol. Won't even show if you killed anyone...just won't show anything. Kinda fun to mess around. You learn a lot of things that way.

Like just now, I realized that unlike how it used to be where you could use flares pre-emptively to distract incoming missiles and it was really the only way to get away from them if you were in a chopper and close to the ground or the attacker.

I just tested it out and flares work perfectly now...meaning, no matter how close the missiles are, if you flare, you're fine. (I haven't tested the range yet but it seems to be instantly)

Which is how it was supposed to be...so I flared early and the guy shot a rocket right after and got me. I really like the new balance.

Now the EMC jammer seems more viable. Because you don't get in the AA range of any soldier for long and if you use the jammer in time, you can do your damage and go away (especially if your back it towards the soldier and you have stealth).

It makes the game much more strategic and interesting.

Veteran
    I honestly wouldn't spend money on unlocking all the stuff, I mean what's the fun in that? I would no longer have the challenge of starting to use a new gun to unlock new stuff.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I honestly wouldn't spend money on unlocking all the stuff, I mean what's the fun in that? I would no longer have the challenge of starting to use a new gun to unlock new stuff.
    seriously that's the whole point of the game

Dedicated Member
    BFBC2 was the worst.
    BC1>BF3>BFBC2.
    Maps in BFBC2 are far worse than BF3.
    Full of crappy choke points.

Thread Information