Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 586878 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2230
    Superior Member
    I'm tired of getting kicked by the admin from servers for no apparent reason. Last night I was playing on a server (Red Syndicate something or other) and play 3 rounds just fine and then we start up a match on Wake Island and about half way through I get booted. I figure it must have been a mistake so I rejoin my friend who didn't get booted, and with in 5 seconds I'm kicked again and then told I've been banned from that server. WTF?? at least give me an explanation of what I did.. Right now the only thing I can think of is that maybe they didn't like the fact that I shot down a Jet with my attack chopper? as I got booted just seconds after shooting it down. And I think it may be the same server that booted me last month after doing the exact same thing.

I've been booted those 2 times and one other time all for no apparent reason and I find it very annoying. I really really wish I could find the offical EA servers easily.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Add the server to your $#@!list and never go back.

Look PS3 is the lead platform in terms of numbers.
    About 20k more than PC at any given time and about 10k more than Xbox.
    What I find weird is that BF3 players seem to mostly play on Mondays.

Taken from www.gamestat.co.uk
    Last edited by keefy; 05-17-2012 at 20:07.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by P51-SN95 View Post
    I'm tired of getting kicked by the admin from servers for no apparent reason. Last night I was playing on a server (Red Syndicate something or other) and play 3 rounds just fine and then we start up a match on Wake Island and about half way through I get booted. I figure it must have been a mistake so I rejoin my friend who didn't get booted, and with in 5 seconds I'm kicked again and then told I've been banned from that server. WTF?? at least give me an explanation of what I did.. Right now the only thing I can think of is that maybe they didn't like the fact that I shot down a Jet with my attack chopper? as I got booted just seconds after shooting it down. And I think it may be the same server that booted me last month after doing the exact same thing.

I've been booted those 2 times and one other time all for no apparent reason and I find it very annoying. I really really wish I could find the offical EA servers easily.
    Essentially why I have stopped playing, I find a game after a while, start to enjoy it, play reasonably well, must kill the host... BAM kicked!

Keep your own servers you EA $#@!s!

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Essentially why I have stopped playing, I find a game after a while, start to enjoy it, play reasonably well, must kill the host... BAM kicked!

Keep your own servers you EA $#@!s!
    But they have their own servers. Those custom ones are just extras.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Yeah, I am surprised DICE still has servers since someone posted that their servers completely disappeared.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Supreme Veteran
    Thats because it was bull$#@!.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...84E8652A049A94
    "DICE is not shutting down servers. If DICE-managed servers appear unavailable, it is because they have been rented and customized by players. DICE will continue to add servers and will reserve a percentage of servers for players who prefer to connect through DICE-hosted servers.

Custom Servers have always been extremely popular with Battlefield PC players. With Battlefield 3, we’ve introduced a Custom Servers program to console gamers. Response has been overwhelmingly positive. Custom Servers gives players the ability to tailor the settings and parameters of a given server, which directly affects gameplay. It also gives players more choice as they select which server and gameplay style they like best.

As with any new innovation, there may be some confusion among players who are experiencing Custom Servers for the first time. We encourage players to use server filters and “favorite” options to find the servers that best suit their play style. We have enormous respect for the Battlefield community and are listening to the feedback. It is our #1 priority to ensure all players are having the best possible play experience."

Forum Overseer
    What's stupid about custom servers (ranked ones) is that you don't get any options other than changing your maps and mode...or so far it seems.

Supreme Veteran
    Ranked Battlefield severs have always had limited options.

Forum Overseer
    and that's stupid.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P51-SN95 View Post

Which is why I mostly play on the one we rent.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    Which is why I mostly play on the one we rent.
    I would like to play on your server too!

Veteran
    I've seen some more EA/DICE servers lately since people started complaining about them being gone.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Yup EA announced that they were bringing some of the official servers back
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and that's stupid.
    There has to be a set of rules for it to be ranked the servers have to be the same so editing them is kept to a minimum otherwse we could cheat the system so to speak.

There must be a list of what can and cannot be changed somewhere, probably in the server docs.

This is R21 they just released R22 10may btu I doubt there is much difference.
    http://www.fileplay.net/f/14694/mirrors#mirror-top
    Last edited by keefy; 05-18-2012 at 19:20.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    After playing some fps games on my pc on max settins and at a steady 60 framerate with keyboard and mouse i tried to play BF3 on my playstation again, the experience was awful, probably beyond awful i got very disappointed with pretty much everything.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    There has to be a set of rules for it to be ranked the servers have to be the same so editing them is kept to a minimum otherwse we could cheat the system so to speak.

There must be a list of what can and cannot be changed somewhere, probably in the server docs.

This is R21 they just released R22 10may btu I doubt there is much difference.
    http://www.fileplay.net/f/14694/mirrors#mirror-top
    I know the reason why they're doing it but honestly back in the SOCOM days, I couldn't care less what everyone's rank was or whatever stats they had.

We all know stats weren't $#@! back then, they ain't $#@! now. You can pad even without cheating so I'd rather they focused on "fun" rather than limiting our options.

Meaning, I'd be fine with it if they let you upgrade your weapons while playing nonranked but not count kills or whatever. I think I was in a room that was supposedly unranked and i could upgrade my stuff.

My only issue is that even with that, people wouldn't play many unranked games and so you're stuck with the same $#@! and practically nullifies the point of having servers and rooms.

Supreme Veteran
    I know what you mean I dont like all thei unlockign stuff to me thats just fake gameplay but to some possibly even the majority it is part of the gameplay and htey often complain there isnt enough unlocks/ranks or weapons.

I miss the days of the arena FPs where there was maybe a dozen weapons total all handling different and had a specific purpose to be used in a secific situation thesedays most weapons are the same bar the sounds and looks.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...84E8652A049A94

We have enormous respect for the Battlefield community and are listening to the feedback. It is our #1 priority to ensure all players are having the best possible play experience."
    Yeah right. If that was really their number one priority, they would have added an option to filter out games with more than 100% tickets, and they would have also fixed the voice chat much sooner
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Forum Overseer
    Their filter is $#@!ty. I don't even have time to explain why lol. Lots of issues that shouldn't be there.

Veteran
    I don't think we can blame it all on DICE/EA, I think they do hear about us when it comes to feedback, the only problem is they fix something and there's always something different that some are gonna love and some are gonna hate, then they fix that which some hate and they may love it now but now there's some people that don't like the change, you get me? Unfortunately nobody can make everybody happy.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    It's really fun to make people rage with the m26 dart. I only use it when like half the other team is

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    It's really fun to make people rage with the m26 dart. I only use it when like half the other team is
    I donno why they'd rage...it's pretty tough to use.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I donno why they'd rage...it's pretty tough to use.
    It's pretty much a one shot kill at close and medium range.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Their filter is $#@!ty. I don't even have time to explain why lol. Lots of issues that shouldn't be there.
    Why? It gets the job done, it just needs to be expanded.

They also need to add the next map and game type to the end result scores. If they can finally (after 4 years, starting from BC1) add quit button, surely they can add this as well.
    That way, I don't have to wait for the next map to load just to find out that the game mode has been switched (I play Rush 100% of the time)

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    It's pretty much a one shot kill at close and medium range.
    So are shotguns but are easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Why? It gets the job done, it just needs to be expanded.

They also need to add the next map and game type to the end result scores. If they can finally (after 4 years, starting from BC1) add quit button, surely they can add this as well.
    That way, I don't have to wait for the next map to load just to find out that the game mode has been switched (I play Rush 100% of the time)
    Even though SOCOM's server list was basic, I liked the way you could find very unique rooms in there...it's kinda sad how we're so far into the future and everything's still $#@!. lol

Thread Information