Latest PSU headlines:

Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 596979 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2230
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Why? It gets the job done, it just needs to be expanded.

They also need to add the next map and game type to the end result scores. If they can finally (after 4 years, starting from BC1) add quit button, surely they can add this as well.
    That way, I don't have to wait for the next map to load just to find out that the game mode has been switched (I play Rush 100% of the time)
    There is an option for "game mode rotation" in the server filters.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Plus you can easily see the game modes on each server. I only join those that have 100% Rush games going on.

Are people seriously still clicking on the "Quickmatch" button?

Extreme Poster
    I'm really enjoying those 24/7 servers with a certain map that I'd like.

1750 tickets and one map...success.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

Played on a server like that last night on Siene, it took forever but everyone ended up with so much XP.

Power Member

towards the end it seems more like a chore and I really do start to get bored but I dont want to leave because I will loose all my unlcoks and XP

1hour 14 minutes is my longest match onthose god forsaken servers.

Extreme Poster
    I agree with that...they should lower it to 500 tickets or less.

Superior Member
    towards the end it seems more like a chore and I really do start to get bored but I dont want to leave because I will loose all my unlcoks and XP

1hour 14 minutes is my longest match onthose god forsaken servers.
    I've left plenty of long matches due to running out of time, falling asleep etc and just quit to the game's main menu then turn off. The XP & unlocks are saved, you just have to wait for the match to end (without you) before the battle report shows on B/Log

I was in a 2 hours & 20 minutes-long match on the Gulf Of Oman map, doing Conquest. It was great fun but now that map seems to crash so often, usually after every 50-60 minutes of play in a long match.

Extreme Poster
    Just realized that the reason why choppers sometimes can't get locked on is because they're too close to the ground.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Unfortunately, the average console gamers have too low IQ to be allowed to have that kind of filter, at least according to Dice.
    Or perhaps consoles are too outdated to be able to handle that kind of filter in BF3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Plus you can easily see the game modes on each server. I only join those that have 100% Rush games going on.

Are people seriously still clicking on the "Quickmatch" button?
    Yes I am going to select every server and check the map rotation. NOT.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Unfortunately, the average console gamers have too low IQ to be allowed to have that kind of filter, at least according to Dice.
    Or perhaps consoles are too outdated to be able to handle that kind of filter in BF3.

Yes I am going to select every server and check the map rotation. NOT.

So its just a PC filter?

Damn that sucks.
    At least console player dont have to actually join a server to change their controls and stuff.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    At least console player don't have to actually join a server to change their controls and stuff.
    Don't forget to add that console gamers can talk to anyone in their squad, not just people in their friends list. Unless I am wrong and they fixed that. Though that is what I heard about BC2 on PC.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Power Member
    ITs still like that which is a big game killer to be honest.

Extreme Poster
    Some tips, flying low to the ground takes off enemy's lock-on...I've even seen some choppers get away by dropping their altitude and getting close to the ground...but need to confirm that.

I also think that if you fly low, you will be off the radar...not sure but I've seen planes disappear on my radar.

If you crouch, you can bypass claymores.

Mines, claymores and c4 are harder to see on map now...they used to just pop up, now you have to see them being planted (I THINK) or spot them to see them on the map and in your view.

I really wish they would make it to where when you start out with your flashlight/laser, you have to turn it on...not off.

I don't need it all the time and I hate turning it off and I usually forget it and get spotted from a mile away wondering wtf I did wrong.

Also an indicator showing that your light is on would be nice, in day maps you can't tell if your light is on at times.

Javelin is the bomb now, generally will take one shot to disable (2 shots for reactive armor).

Why does FAMAS exist anymore? It's been nerfed to hell.

You can actually kill a tank with your tool now...all you gotta do is get the tank in a spot where he can't get away for about 5 seconds...and you can literally take its hp down all the way!

TV Missile is **** but maybe because my controls are too slow, still, it's ****.

TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-ALIASING (last tab on the settings). And if you have an HDTV, put sharpness down to 0 (look it up, it's supposed to be natural, without artifacts at 0). It will look gorgeous.

TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-ALIASING (last tab on the settings). And if you have an HDTV, put sharpness down to 0 (look it up, it's supposed to be natural, without artifacts at 0). It will look gorgeous.
    Hmm good idea i will try it

Power Member
    But Flying low runs the risk of being hit bry RPG fire an also tanks, seen it doen a few times.

Enemy Mines can be seen by engineers.

I really wish they would make it to where when you start out with your flashlight/laser, you have to turn it on...not off.
    Yes lots of little things like that in this game example, the revive feature it says "press space to accept revive"
    But space is JUMP/Getup so if behind cover and accept the revive you stand up ready to get shot.

P.S

Its double XP weekend on PC.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-27-2012 at 15:58.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lucatrix View Post
    Hmm good idea i will try it
    Report back with your experience

But Flying low runs the risk of being hit bry RPG fire an also tanks, seen it doen a few times.

Enemy Mines can be seen by engineers.

Yes lots of little things like that in this game example, the revive feature it says "press space to accept revive"
    But space is JUMP/Getup so if behind cover and accept the revive you stand up ready to get shot.

P.S

Its double XP weekend on PC.
    Yea, I agree, a lot of choppers do get downed by RPGs and even tanks now...but that's the beauty of it...there are times when you have infantry around you and if you see no threat...it's almost BS because I can't hit them with my AA stinger...and I don't have time to hit them with my RPG because they can still be moving around quick (doesn't have to be stationary). So with those good drivers, you're ****ed pretty much lol.

So only an engineer can see mines?

Yea the getup thing always annoys me...I generally get away but I can see people being better at aiming on the PC and thus that becoming an issue.

I always thought that you had to get up in order to be revived but now that you put it this way...it seems like they just didn't think through.

The flashlight is a cool feature but it's so lame how you can't even use it for its actual purpose...which is to see better in the dark...it doesn't shine everywhere, it just creates a beam of light...oh yea, totally going to help out lol. Though I think they would've need more power to show that and so they settled on making it a distracting element at least.

I really wish they gave us another feature that Black Ops had, to jump right in multiplayer when you start the game...I could literally get on the console, in the game and inside a room ready to play within a minute! BF3 takes 1 minute just to load up!

Dedicated Member
    Some tips, flying low to the ground takes off enemy's lock-on...I've even seen some choppers get away by dropping their altitude and getting close to the ground...but need to confirm that.

I also think that if you fly low, you will be off the radar..
    I love it when choppers fly low, I have lost count of the amount I have blown out of the sky with my unaided tank shell. Fly at me, I will kill you.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Power Member
    So only an engineer can see mines?
    It seems that way, when playing as an engi I can see them a mile off but any other class I only ever see team mines.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    I love it when choppers fly low, I have lost count of the amount I have blown out of the sky with my unaided tank shell. Fly at me, I will kill you.
    Yea, that's definitely happening a lot more. I'm not good with a tank and I barely ever ride in one so I think I've only done that once...and it was luck lol. Though now I can see it being fun because some people don't know how to fly low so they become more stationary.

I took out the pilot yesterday and that was sorta fun because it wouldn't have happened so easily before the patch.
    It seems that way, when playing as an engi I can see them a mile off but any other class I only ever see team mines.
    Ohhh...it's weird because I was on my plane and I was just pressing the spot button (note that I was in hardcore mode so nothing should pop up) and nothing popped up EXCEPT mines! I believe I was an engineer.

I'm definitely enjoying CQ a lot more due to higher tickets...I don't have to run my ass everywhere all the time because people are just going around shooting each other generally.

I've also noticed some improvement in physics...usually you would just see a plane crash in the spot where it hit but yesterday I saw a plane crash and its burning parts went flying into the building I was standing on (about 50 feet away from the initial crash)...that was a really cool feeling seeing that...I don't think that used to be true.

I think they added this animation...also aircraft blow up better now in air and seem more realistic, not like how it used to be where it would just stop in one spot to blow up lol. Not to mention the cool-ass sound effects they put in for getting hit by a rocket.
    Last edited by Sufi; 05-27-2012 at 17:40.

Dedicated Member
    I could probably be tagged as a tank *****, last time I looked I was in the top 1% for ppm.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Extreme Poster
    What's ppm? EDIT: Oh, points per minute right? That's cool because most people don't know how to work a vehicle including me.

I'm better as a co-pilot in a chopper.

So are you using reactive armor and smoke now? I've seen some people do that and it's a crazy combination nowadays.

I still think they could make the air combat more balanced out...I hate being in a plane and going in some stupid circular dogfight where whoever can turn faster wins...there's just too limited of a skill involved at times in air-to-air combat...when two people are going head-to-head.

I think a good way would be to make the lock on even faster than it is AND make the planes act more naturally (where they can't keep making circles within a 100 yards radius)...I mean, that's bull**** and is arcade-y. Or better yet, add the effects of going blackout or fade that you see in flight simulation games. I know for sure a human being can't do that in real life for very long.
    Last edited by Sufi; 05-27-2012 at 17:47.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    What's ppm? EDIT: Oh, points per minute right? That's cool because most people don't know how to work a vehicle including me.

I'm better as a co-pilot in a chopper.

So are you using reactive armor and smoke now? I've seen some people do that and it's a crazy combination nowadays.
    Reactive armor is a must if you want survive post patch. Without it tanks are disabled like instantly.

Dedicated Member
    I have always used reactive, never use smoke.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Dedicated Member
    You guys buying the subscription to the dlc?
    PSN = prison_inmate

25. Dislikes keefy is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    Reactive armor is a must if you want survive post patch. Without it tanks are disabled like instantly.
    Oh yea for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    I have always used reactive, never use smoke.
    Oh no I meant, like as a combination...you can still use smoke with reactive armor. Or you can use the zoom feature or thermal.

I think thermal is a ***** too and smoke is just overpowered.

Thread Information