Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 607080 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2230
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    You guys buying the subscription to the dlc?
    Nope.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Oh yea for sure.

Oh no I meant, like as a combination...you can still use smoke with reactive armor. Or you can use the zoom feature or thermal.

I think thermal is a $#@! too and smoke is just overpowered.
    Sorry....I always use thermal vision......to me the game is black and white...lol
    PSN = prison_inmate

Forum Overseer
    Sorry....I always use thermal vision......to me the game is black and white...lol
    Yea if you're good at thermal, you shouldn't get into the problem of getting hit by a javelin because you have to aim for so long...so if you already can see them, they're dead.

Dedicated Member
    Yea if you're good at thermal, you shouldn't get into the problem of getting hit by a javelin because you have to aim for so long...so if you already can see them, they're dead.

Yep spot on....if I do get hit once you can see what direction it came from, then its just a case of calmy waiting for him to pop out into the open again...

Clearly it doesnt always work out for me but generally it does and I can bugger off and recover/get repaired.
    Last edited by mudshark; 05-27-2012 at 19:36.
    PSN = prison_inmate

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    May pop back on, been a while

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Forum Overseer
    Yep spot on....if I do get hit once you can see what direction it came from, then its just a case of calmy waiting for him to pop out into the open again...

Clearly it doesnt always work out for me but generally it does and I can bugger off and recover/get repaired.
    That's the idea...even if they get you...they'd have to literally hit you three times with the javelin and i don't even know how many times with an rpg lol.

I hate that tanks are so powerful with the reactive armor but i think it's fair...i should be scared of a tank and not wanting to take it out the moment i see it.

i should be running for my life. it makes it more thrilling and challenging.

Forum Overseer
    Wow...something I noticed today. This is a biggie for me at least.

So, I've now noticed a clear difference between the bipod and the grip.

Before all of this, I would test out the guns by standing in one spot because it clearly states that the grip is good for longer bursts.

Well, that's actually a "fraction" of its benefit. The bipod isn't really all it's made out to be either.

I mean, it's good but it's not really that helpful when you can easily be support and shoot much more accurately laying down with a bipod. You really only need the bipod as assault or engineer if you're going to camp it and you can't possibly pick support due to strategic reasons.

So now that we got that out of the way. Here's what I've found out.

If you have the grip, it's only truly useful if you like to strafe and shoot at the same time. Not strafe, stop and shoot...shoot while strafing. If you do that, then do not ever take off the grip...if you want to test it out yourself. Pick a spot and strafe while shoot your assault/carbine at full auto while keeping your aim at the spot you've picked. Notice the results of your dot or kobra.

Now do the same with the grip or without if you already had it before and see for yourself.

Another thing I wanna mention: I feel that the grip is fully utilized only on certain weapons...you can strafe faster with these weapons than any other. If you're going to shoot while standing in one spot, you're not really utilizing the grip much at all so if you are one of those people then pick something else than the grip because it lessens your accuracy by making the verticle recoil worse.

Here are the only weapons you can strafe faster with:

ALL KITS: All SMGs, you can now strafe with a pistol the fastest (it's the same speed that you run at, without pressing the sprint button) and some shotguns though none of these weapons have a grip but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Assault: FAMAS (recoil is too wacky), F2000, L85A2 (my fav, this $#@! hits hard and accurate at long-ranges, almost no recoil with full burst). The downside to these weapons is that they're less accurate in long ranges except as I mentioned, not the L85A2 so much because it's a slow weapon, so this way it's still a viable solution.

Engineer: QBZ-97 (no grip but more attachment options), A-91.

You will strafe half the speed with all the other weapons.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    I love the L85 and the Javelin. I used the L85 prior to the patch so the buff only makes things sweeter. Such a beast for long range, just a bit sluggish up close.

I don't see you slying about any more on PSN mud....did you delete me tart? Not been on BF for a while and will be making an appearance soon.

Veteran

10. Likes Cybertox , Fon likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    lol that last part.

I wish people made a redvsblue sorta thing with BF3.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    That was an awesome video dala.

13. Likes daLa likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    $#@!ing hilarious!. Had a great laugh. I especially love the part with the guy shooting the tank shell with a 9mm, destroying the tank.

Supreme Veteran
    Wow...something I noticed today. This is a biggie for me at least.

So, I've now noticed a clear difference between the bipod and the grip.

Before all of this, I would test out the guns by standing in one spot because it clearly states that the grip is good for longer bursts.

Well, that's actually a "fraction" of its benefit. The bipod isn't really all it's made out to be either.

I mean, it's good but it's not really that helpful when you can easily be support and shoot much more accurately laying down with a bipod. You really only need the bipod as assault or engineer if you're going to camp it and you can't possibly pick support due to strategic reasons.

So now that we got that out of the way. Here's what I've found out.

If you have the grip, it's only truly useful if you like to strafe and shoot at the same time. Not strafe, stop and shoot...shoot while strafing. If you do that, then do not ever take off the grip...if you want to test it out yourself. Pick a spot and strafe while shoot your assault/carbine at full auto while keeping your aim at the spot you've picked. Notice the results of your dot or kobra.

Now do the same with the grip or without if you already had it before and see for yourself.

Another thing I wanna mention: I feel that the grip is fully utilized only on certain weapons...you can strafe faster with these weapons than any other. If you're going to shoot while standing in one spot, you're not really utilizing the grip much at all so if you are one of those people then pick something else than the grip because it lessens your accuracy by making the verticle recoil worse.

Here are the only weapons you can strafe faster with:

ALL KITS: All SMGs, you can now strafe with a pistol the fastest (it's the same speed that you run at, without pressing the sprint button) and some shotguns though none of these weapons have a grip but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Assault: FAMAS (recoil is too wacky), F2000, L85A2 (my fav, this $#@! hits hard and accurate at long-ranges, almost no recoil with full burst). The downside to these weapons is that they're less accurate in long ranges except as I mentioned, not the L85A2 so much because it's a slow weapon, so this way it's still a viable solution.

Engineer: QBZ-97 (no grip but more attachment options), A-91.

You will strafe half the speed with all the other weapons.
    You shoudl get better battlelog plugin for Chrome and Firefox and check out the differences all the attatchments make on each weapon if yu like that sort of thing it shows graphs of where 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th bullet groupings with every attatchment combination for every weapon.

http://getbblog.com/

Last edited by keefy; 05-28-2012 at 18:07.

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    That was an awesome video dala.
    Definitely, one of those videos that are fun to watch and make you feel proud of a game like BF3.

Who's anticipating CC? I sure am and if the rumors are correct we may be having it on Jun 4th for PS3, I'm guessing EA/DICE will announce it that very same day on E3 and say it's coming out later on PS3 and week after for the rest.

Superior Member
    I always use reactive armour and guided missiles, I've swapped from thermal to smoke post patch, miss thermal but smoke is a must now.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules909 View Post
    I always use reactive armour and guided missiles, I've swapped from thermal to smoke post patch, miss thermal but smoke is a must now.
    That's true...though I've seen some people almost unbeatable with the thermal/armor...but in maps that aren't open.

In an open map, you're pretty much $#@!ed against a good engineer without smoke.

Supreme Veteran
    Does the PS3 Version have "Auto balance" to make sure the team numbers are even?
    On PC Its the worst implementation of it I have ever seen it doesnt wit until you have died.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Does the PS3 Version have "Auto balance" to make sure the team numbers are even?
    On PC Its the worst implementation of it I have ever seen it doesnt wit until you have died.
    Yea it has that too but I don't notice it much.

Supreme Veteran
    If you are in a party of friends it stops you from joining the same team to play as a squad.
    Due to it not waiting until your death if you are piloting a chopper with gunners it will switch you over (without warning) leaving them to plumet into the ground.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    If you are in a party of friends it stops you from joining the same team to play as a squad.
    Due to it not waiting until your death if you are piloting a chopper with gunners it will switch you over (without warning) leaving them to plumet into the ground.
    This has only happened once to me when I was switched over while I was still alive. It was on a rented server so I think it was the admin. I don't think it's a default setting on the PS3 though.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    This is because the admin manually changed your team, not the game.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    This is because the admin manually changed your team, not the game.
    I am not so sure of that even though it does say "killed by admin" but I don't think any admins that run the server are involved Otherwise it would not be called auto balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    This has only happened once to me when I was switched over while I was still alive. It was on a rented server so I think it was the admin. I don't think it's a default setting on the PS3 though.
    The vast majority of servers on PC are rented.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-30-2012 at 12:50.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I am not so sure of that even though it does say "killed by admin" but I don't think any admins that run the server are involved Otherwise it would not be called auto balance.
    You better start believing me. You basically corrected yourself by stating that you were "killed by admin". It can't get any clearer than that.

Before the rented servers were introduced auto balance was solely being used before the start of a game to balance out the teams. And that didn't change. Once a game has started only the admin can make adjustments.

Plus, as you said yourself, the vast majority of servers on PC are rented, which only adds to what I said initially.

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post

In my experience on PS3 it waits until the round has finished and then auto balances. You were probably switched by an admin.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    I dont think Admins should be able to kick people, i think a vote would be better i have had 2 Admins kick me just becasue ive killed them then you get the admins that make rules like "no base rape" "no glitch camping" and who do you see doing these things? yep that very Admin and you know they would kick anyone else doing it. I get they payed for the server but since its a ranked game i dont think one person should have that much power.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Thread Information