Latest PSU headlines:

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 617181 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2230
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    I often get killed by admin as well, one of the reasons I've not been playing so much recently. As cookies said, they lay down the rules but often are breaking them themselves, you join in and off you go.

Playing a game where my fate is controlled by some kid that doesn't like his arse getting handed to him. Pathetic really.

Soldier 95B
    Those not liking the experience of playing on rented server should just join public matchmaking.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

3. Likes daLa likes this post
    PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Those not liking the experience of playing on rented server should just join public matchmaking.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    well thats just it, trying to find a public server is harder then it should be
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You better start believing me. You basically corrected yourself by stating that you were "killed by admin". It can't get any clearer than that.

Before the rented servers were introduced auto balance was solely being used before the start of a game to balance out the teams. And that didn't change. Once a game has started only the admin can make adjustments.

Plus, as you said yourself, the vast majority of servers on PC are rented, which only adds to what I said initially.
    You are wrong it isnt the admins doing it the "killed by admin" is just the standard message and being killed by admin doesnt count as a death against you.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE-MONSTA View Post
    well thats just it, trying to find a public server is harder then it should be
    Not sure if servers are different for you, but on the Xbox 360 it's super easy. It's the first thing that shows up when I go into matchmaking. I never see the public servers unless I choose to go into that menu.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Not sure if servers are different for you, but on the Xbox 360 it's super easy. It's the first thing that shows up when I go into matchmaking. I never see the public servers unless I choose to go into that menu.
    I think you got to use filters to find a dice server unless im doing something wrong(most likely) but i still dont agree that one player should be granted the power to kick anouther player from a ranked game a better option would be to have them call out a vote to kick this way a admin can't kick someone just becasue he/she got owned by them
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

8. Likes John25 likes this post
    Veteran
    I'm pretty sure the filters are working better than before now.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    but can you filter it so search for official servers or rented servers only? im not entirely sure of the filter options as i use quick match if im playing solo

Veteran
    but can you filter it so search for official servers or rented servers only? im not entirely sure of the filter options as i use quick match if im playing solo
    Yes, you're supposed to be able to do that, uncheck CUSTOM and that should list mostly official servers.

Elite Guru
    If I recall correctly, they dropped official servers due to the ability to rent servers. As long as you're not playing on custom servers, every game should be ranked.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    If I recall correctly, they dropped official servers due to the ability to rent servers. As long as you're not playing on custom servers, every game should be ranked.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature
    Official servers could become rented if need be and that's what happened when there virtually no official servers anymore, but they worked it out and now there's plenty of official servers up and running.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You are wrong it isnt the admins doing it the "killed by admin" is just the standard message and being killed by admin doesnt count as a death against you.
    I am in right in saying that it's an actual person, not the auto-balance feature, that causes your deaths.

Soldier 95B
    I think you got to use filters to find a dice server unless im doing something wrong(most likely)
    Not sure if it is different on the PS3, so I am not sure. The 360 menu defaults to official server matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    If I recall correctly, they dropped official servers due to the ability to rent servers
    Nope. I don't play on rented servers, only official.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I am in right in saying that it's an actual person, not the auto-balance feature, that causes your deaths.
    You are wrong. Players need to be dead to switch teams.

ITs automated, no way a human keeps typing the exact sam thing over and over again.

Last edited by keefy; 05-31-2012 at 17:51.

Veteran
    Battlefield Update June 4th-5th

We are very happy to present the contents of our next Battlefield 3 game update! This is a big one, rolling out June 4-5. Read on for the full details, including a solution to the M26 dart issue, reduced suppression, and the introduction of colorblind support on console.

The next Battlefield 3 update goes live June 4-5 on all formats. As usual, the period between the last update and this upcoming one has been spent listening to our community, tweaking parameters, balancing performance, and eliminating issues that we have found with your help. In short, the June update will make sure Battlefield 3 plays even better.

The full June update change list is featured below. Changes are valid across all platforms (PC, PlayStation3, and Xbox 360) unless stated otherwise. The schedule for this update is:
    PC and Xbox 360 worldwide: June 4th
    PlayStation 3 in Japan/Asia: June 5th
    PlayStation 3 in all other regions: June 4th

How to download the June update on your platform
    PC: As soon as you start your Origin client, the latest game update will automatically start downloading (unless you’ve disabled the option “Automatically keep my games up to date”, in which case it will start downloading when you try to run the game). In Battlelog, you will be notified from the Game Manager. Once you acknowledge the update, it will start downloading within the Origin client.

PlayStation 3: When you start the game, you will be prompted that there is an update available. To continue, you must accept the update, which will install automatically.

Xbox 360: You will be prompted there is an update available. If you accept it, it will download. If you do not accept it at this time, you can find it manually in the in-game store or on Xbox Live Marketplace, named Multiplayer Update 3. If you do not locate it manually this way, you will be prompted again the next time you start the game.

Before we dive into the full change list, we would like to focus on a few of the biggest additions in this update. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

M26 dart situation resolved
    Some of you have noticed lately how a certain loadout has been overpowered. When the M26 Lightweight Shotgun System was mounted under an assault rifle with a heavy barrel, the M26 would accidentally fire assault rifle bullets instead of shotgun pellets. This is fixed in the June update.

Somewhat reduced suppression effect
    Since the last update, there has been an interesting debate on the increased suppression effect we introduced. While a lot of players like the increased effect and the possibilities it introduced, some players felt suppression was becoming too powerful. Now, we are dialing the suppression effect back a notch. It will still be higher than it was prior to any of our patches. Let us know what you think of this tweak.

Adding symbol for custom server rules (console)

The "" makes it easier to spot servers running custom rules.

We know a lot of you want to know whether a server you’re about to join is running extreme custom rules (such as setting the ticket count to max, leading to marathon games). By adding a “” symbol in the console server browser, we make it quicker and easier for you to make an informed decision on where to join and where not to.

The “” (see image above) signifies a server running custom rules. Note that this can still be either a Ranked or Unranked server, as some rule changes will turn a server Unranked, while some (such as ticket counts) do not affect the server’s Ranked status.

We are not enforcing this symbol. Instead, the “” is a manual optional flag you can set if you are a server admin and want players to know you are running custom rules. We hope this will make it easier for server admins to get the right players flocking to their servers, while players will more easily find the type of gaming experience they prefer. Let us know what you think.

Colorblind support (console)

No more accidental team kills! Click for full size.

Earlier, we introduced colorblind support for PC players. We are now very happy to extend this to console players as well. After installing the June update, you will find an option to turn colorblind support on in the options menu. This will affect the colors of HUD symbols to more clearly differentiate teams. You can see above what this will look like.

Improved VTOL fighter jet (F35) performance
    Based on community feedback, we have improved the performance of the F35 in Back to Karkand to better match that of the SU35, particularly when it comes to turning speed.

FULL JUNE (“MULTIPLAYER UPDATE 3″) CHANGE LIST BELOW
    Vehicle related changes
    > Tweaked the F35 handling to more closely resemble that of the SU35 (see above).
    > Jet & helicopter ECM Jammer should now deflect missiles more reliably when it is active.
    > Fixed an issue where vehicles wouldn’t spawn if their intended space was occupied by a deployable gadget. The vehicle will now spawn as intended and the gadget will be destroyed in the process.
    > Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds.
    > Reduced the direct damage from unguided Javelins to require better side hits for a 1 hit disable. This was previously too forgiving and easy to accomplish.
    > Removed the direct damage from aircraft launched guided missiles. Players will need to have laser designated targets for full effectiveness.
    > Adjusted the helicopter rockets to their original prepatch damage value against armored vehicles. This is a reduction; a revert of a knock on effect that was introduced accidentally.
    > Fixed the US Tank Guided Shell doing the reverse damage values when guided and unguided.
    > Adjusted the M224 mortar damage against vehicles. Some tweaks and adjustments in a previous update accidentally increased its effectiveness greater than intended.
    > Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.
    > Replaced the VDV buggy on Gulf of Oman (Back to Karkand) with the DPV buggy for both teams at the City flag.
    > Fixed a bug where some vehicle unlocks were still enabled after the player left the vehicle.

Soldier and gadget related changes
    > Reduced the inaccuracy added when in suppression. There is still an enhanced suppression compared to the initial state in the game, but the effect is now less than it was in the last patch (see above).
    > Reduced input lag for gamepads/joysticks on all platforms. Aiming as a soldier when using a gamepad or joystick should now be more responsive.
    > Tweaked the deploy times on gadgets to be faster to deploy in high stress combat situations.
    > Greatly improved the responsiveness when deploying a bipod when going prone and shortly after moving. The bipod deploy should no longer abort if the player deploys the bipod immediately after stopping.
    > Fixed bug where you couldn’t deploy the mortar anywhere on Grand Bazaar.
    > When changing the accessories of a weapon in the Customize screen, the weapon previously selected in the Deploy screen will now automatically be selected when entering the Accessories screen.
    > Increased the effectiveness of the Aim Assist at close range. Testing in Close Quarters proved our current assist to be inadequate in tight quarters. This is a global change, and will improve the effectiveness of Aim Assist for all modes and maps. Aim Assist over distance is still significantly less effective. This is console only, as Aim Assist is not present on PC. If you prefer, you can also turn it off on console.
    > Players will now spawn on the Radio Beacon looking in the same direction the Beacon is facing. The Beacon always faces in the direction the player is facing when it is planted. Previously the Beacon’s direction had no impact on the player’s spawn direction.
    > The Spawn Preview camera on the Spawn Beacon has been updated to better reflect the direction the player will be looking when he spawns.
    > 40mm smoke now stays longer again.
    > Tweaked some tracers on sniper rounds to have better visibility at range (the tracers are smaller).
    > Tweaked the flashlight so it is less blinding at the edge of the screen.
    > Fixed bug where you couldn’t pick up your deployed gadgets after being revived.

Weapons related changes
    > Fixed a bug where Heavy Barrels and Underslung Shotguns could be over powered. (This is the so called M26 dart issue, see above)
    > All semi-automatic sniper rifles now properly have shorter range when using a suppressor.
    > The L96 now properly shoots where the iron sights are aimed. The position was previously offset.
    > The SKS now has the proper damage values when using a suppressor. The damage was previously too low at close range.
    > Slightly reduced the suppression effect of SKS rounds.
    > Decreased the long range damage of the SKS to highlight its close to medium range role.
    > Slightly decreased the foregrip aimed accuracy penalty on the M4A1 to bring it in line with other guns.
    > Slightly increased the foregrip aimed accuracy penalty on the SCAR-H to bring it in line with other guns.
    > Reduced some of the vertical recoil and zoomed accuracy penalties added to the FAMAS in the previous update.
    > F2000 foregrip accuracy penalty reduced and recoil reduction bonus increased.
    > AEK971 foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
    > SG553 foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
    > FAMAS foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
    > Fixed the M416’s M26 with Flechettes not having a name in the kill log.
    > Fixed so all clip based LMGs have Extended Mags as an available unlock.
    > All semi-automatic shotguns now fire at 220rpm. There was previously simply a small difference between them, whereas now they have different pellet counts instead of rates of fire.
    > Improved the recoil and accuracy of the M26 to match the 870.
    > Reduced the impact suppression has on shotguns. Shotguns are still affected by Suppression but it should no longer significantly impact their accuracy from the hip as it previously did.
    > The 870’s pump speed has been increased slightly from 0.55 seconds to 0.48 seconds. The empty reload time for the 870 has also been reduced slightly.
    > Improved the accuracy of aimed shotguns when on the move.
    > The Saiga’s recoil has been reduced.
    > The M1014 now fires 10 projectiles. The other semi auto shotguns have 9 pellets, and since the M1014 has a lower mag size and a slower reload it now fires 10 pellets to give it some edge.
    > The USAS-12 now fires 7 projectiles.
    > The MK3A1 now fires 8 projectiles.
    > Fixed so the weapon’s fire mode is saved between spawns.

Miscellaneous changes
    > Added colorblind option for consoles (see above).
    > Added colorblind icon for squad leader (all formats).
    > Added the option for console server admins to show a symbol in the server browser signifying custom rules are in effect (see above).
    > Fixed an issue where footsteps couldn’t be heard behind you.
    > Fixed so that the arming of an M-COM station will not be cancelled if you look at a dropped weapon.
    > Fixed exploit where you could teleport to the AA gun on carriers by firing an EOD bot at its door.
    > Fixed co-op ammo HUD not showing on first enter.
    > Fixed so you get prompted if you really want to switch team when pressing the Switch team button.
    > Fixed so that Assignments are being correctly sorted on the My Soldier\Assignments screen.
    > Fixed issue with commorose not working on soldiers in vehicles (PC).
    > Added blinking capture point icons in the 3D HUD, and added blinking neutral icons in objectives bar.
    > Composed a more informative error message for when a console player attempts to rent a server in a location where there are currently no servers available.
    > Fix for dog tag icons in the My Soldier/Assignments screen appearing slightly stretched.
    > Fixed some tracers appearing behind the soldier or vehicle that fired them.
    > Potential random audio crash fix.

Source

Close Quarters info should be released later on today, I'll post it when it's up.

18. Likes Omar, Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Holy $#@!...

Elite Guru
    ah that was a close one thought they was going to nerf the MP7.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    I often get killed by admin as well, one of the reasons I've not been playing so much recently. As cookies said, they lay down the rules but often are breaking them themselves, you join in and off you go.

Playing a game where my fate is controlled by some kid that doesn't like his arse getting handed to him. Pathetic really.
    There are a lot of decent servers, favourite them and join em.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Power Member
    Colour blind support is a must even if you are nto colour blind the HUD looks alot better and its easier to tell squad mates from regular friendlies.

Veteran
    As you can see from the new update coming next monday, servers will have an icon to show which ones have custom settings and which are on regular settings (!).

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    Reduced input lag for gamepads/joysticks on all platforms. Aiming as a soldier when using a gamepad or joystick should now be more responsive.
    This is the best one for me wasint looking forward to playing Close quarters with the lag i get lol

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Where is this feedback thing that they are apparently listening to? As far as I am aware, most companies completely ignore any ideas that come from their forums.

Anyway, I was hoping they would improve the filters on consoles so that I can search for
    - 100% tickets
    - games that have rush map rotation only.
    That would improve the game for me greatly.

A for the updates....
    Spawn beacon is improved? nice. Gadgets being deployed faster? Nice.
    Jammer on helicopters improved? not so nice.
    Helicopters are already about as OP as they where in BC2, and it gets really annoying when you get matched against one of those best of the best of the best pilots and you don't have access to AA gun (stingers are waste of time most of the time).

They need to add AA tank to every map that has a chopper, mainly that beach map.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 05-31-2012 at 23:27.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Where is this feedback thing that they are apparently listening to? As far as I am aware, most companies completely ignore any ideas that come from their forums.

Anyway, I was hoping they would improve the filters on consoles so that I can search for
    - 100% tickets

A for the updates....
    Helicopters are already about as OP as they where in BC2, and it gets really annoying when you get matched against one of those best of the best of the best pilots and you don't have access to AA gun (stingers are waste of time most of the time).

They need to add AA tank to every map that has a chopper, mainly that beach map.
    Right here, on the Feedback and Wishlist threads
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post

- 100% tickets

A for the updates....

you idealy need a solflam and javelin to take them out, i had 2 of my squad doing Soflam and Javelin and me guarding them from any infantry attackers enemy helicopters were grounded quite quickly.
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/SOFLAM
    Last edited by keefy; 06-01-2012 at 00:37.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Right here, on the Feedback and Wishlist threads
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/
    I know about those forums, but going by my past experiences with EA and Ubisoft, I highly doubt they spend the time reading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    you idealy need a solflam and javelin to take them out, i had 2 of my squad doing Soflam and Javelin and me guarding them from any infantry attackers enemy helicopters were grounded quite quickly.
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/SOFLAM
    Thanks. I completely forgot about the Soflam and Javelin combo. The problem is that one of those best of the best of the best pilots will probably kill you and your soflam as soon as you try to deploy it.
    Though I will definitely test it next time I play online.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Thread Information