Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7282 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2230
  1. #2026
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its not like MMO FPS have not been tried before.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huxley_%28video_game%29

    Iw as hyped for that game, from early gameplay vids in 2006 it looked fast paced arena style action but then WOW kids got involved.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-09-2012 at 20:24.

  2. #2027
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    But huxley was horrible. I remember seeing a video of that and nothing about that was interesting. It's also not the same genre of shooter. I'm speaking about a war sim, this is UT in an open-world.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its not like MMO FPS have not been tried before.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huxley_%28video_game%29

    Iw as hyped for that game, from early gameplay vids in 2006 it looked fast paced arena style action but then WOW kids got involved.
    I think a MMO shooter would be possible if done right. WoW is very unique, a lot of developers try that formula and it's not even close...so you gotta do it right for it to work.

  3. #2028
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Planetside 2 is an example of a larger scale persistent shooter that is also a quality game. The main thing here is that the core game itself needs to be decent. This is where DUST 514 falls down because it has terrible gameplay that feels like last gen. MAG was the same.

    I'm with Sufi, looking forward to the day when these kind of games can be possible with passable graphics. Arma 2 online wasn't a million miles away from that though.

  4. Likes Omar likes this post
  5. #2029
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Planetside 2 is an example of a larger scale persistent shooter that is also a quality game. The main thing here is that the core game itself needs to be decent. This is where DUST 514 falls down because it has terrible gameplay that feels like last gen. MAG was the same.

    I'm with Sufi, looking forward to the day when these kind of games can be possible with passable graphics. Arma 2 online wasn't a million miles away from that though.
    Exactly, we've seen similar games in the past that have done this.

    Just not as an MMO. But I didn't know Planet Side 2 was an MMO. I did like it. I hope we can have more shooters like that next gen that are realistic.

    Arma is a good example but that game looks very inefficient.

  6. #2030
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    26,479 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Looks like I've made a mistake buying this game again. Went to download my entitled Armored Kill DLC and the damn game locks up my PS3. Fine. $#@! happens. A day later (Today) I turn on the game and it freezes at the start up with "Loading" at the bottom making me hard reset my PS3. Should've listened to my cousin. He told me this would be a bad idea, heh.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  7. #2031
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,459
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    33,596 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Looks like I've made a mistake buying this game again. Went to download my entitled Armored Kill DLC and the damn game locks up my PS3. Fine. $#@! happens. A day later (Today) I turn on the game and it freezes at the start up with "Loading" at the bottom making me hard reset my PS3. Should've listened to my cousin. He told me this would be a bad idea, heh.
    You're just being unlucky, that's all.

    You shouldn't listen to your cousin so easily.



  8. #2032
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Looks like I've made a mistake buying this game again. Went to download my entitled Armored Kill DLC and the damn game locks up my PS3. Fine. $#@! happens. A day later (Today) I turn on the game and it freezes at the start up with "Loading" at the bottom making me hard reset my PS3. Should've listened to my cousin. He told me this would be a bad idea, heh.
    And i made a big mistake buying god of war collection, my PS3 died thrice playing those games. POS games

  9. #2033
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Played first time in a week. Was getting crushed through very little fault of my own, kept getting put on teams getting curbstomped. One particular game was ridiculous. You know when you spawn in a helicopter with 3 of your squad already in it, and a second later it gets shot down. Yeah. Or when you spawn in a jeep cos it's the only thing available then a second later it runs over a mine. Yeah. Or when you spawn at an objective and are instantly knifed from behind.... YEAH

    Anyways I stuck with it and we won in the end, went 67-31 which is pretty damn decent considering I was 2-14 at one point.

  10. Likes daLa likes this post
  11. #2034
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,655
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,465 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Played first time in a week. Was getting crushed through very little fault of my own, kept getting put on teams getting curbstomped. One particular game was ridiculous. You know when you spawn in a helicopter with 3 of your squad already in it, and a second later it gets shot down. Yeah. Or when you spawn in a jeep cos it's the only thing available then a second later it runs over a mine. Yeah. Or when you spawn at an objective and are instantly knifed from behind.... YEAH

    Anyways I stuck with it and we won in the end, went 67-31 which is pretty damn decent considering I was 2-14 at one point.
    Hate it when that happens too, but hey it's part of the game.


  12. #2035
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,459
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    33,596 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover


    Available for PS3 Premium members at the end of November!



  13. #2036
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,655
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,465 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post


    Available for PS3 Premium members at the end of November!
    November 27th.


  14. #2037
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This was posted on batlog about 30 mins ago.

    Basically double XP weekend coming up 31st and some sort of competition.

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4786830731167/


    Here’s a quick update on everything you get for being a Premium member this month. This includes details on this month’s ingame competition, double XP event, and the upcoming Premium exclusive video.



    How many kills can you rack up from the air?

    Announcing the Air Kills competition
    Thousands of players joined the September competition where we asked you to perform the most amount of kills in Tank Superiority mode. Now, let’s switch focus from tank based combat and take to the skies.

    Starting October 27th, the five players per platform who can rack up the most amount of kills from air based vehicles (i.e. jets and helicopters) in Armored Kill will be crowned the winners! 15 total winners will each receive a signed and numbered limited edition lithograph featuring artwork from Battlefield 3. This lithograph will only ever be printed in a run of 100 total units.

    The way you join and take part in this competition is unchanged from last month. If you are a Premium member, you will be able to join our Premium specific servers via a password that you receive after having accepted the terms and conditions. We will supply terms and conditions and password closer to the start time of the competition.

    For now, mark your calendars with the 48 hours of Saturday and Sunday October 27-28. Note that we use the UTC timezone to decide start and end times. Click this link to see when the start time corresponds to in your time zone. Technically, the competition will start already on Friday evening October 26 if you are located on the west coast of America, for example.

    Stay tuned for the full details on his competition.



    Halloween Double XP event
    For this month’s Premium exclusive double XP event, we decided to celebrate all the way from Halloween to All Saint’s Day. For 96 hours straight, starting October 31, you get double XP for everything as long as you are a Premium member playing on Ranked servers. This double XP event will start 7AM October 31 PDT/3PM CEST October 31. Click the link to see what time this corresponds to where you live.

    Aftermath gameplay trailer



    We have a nice video treat for our Premium members this month. On October 30, Premium members will have access to an exclusive video featuring gameplay footage from Aftermath, including shots of the all-new crossbow in action.

    Soldier Upgrade

    The October Soldier Upgrade was delivered automatically on October 1, featuring five new Premium exclusive Assignments tied to 5 new weapon camos: L85A2 Berkut, MTAR Woodland Oak, LSAT Digital Woodland, SKS Desert Stripe, and UMP-45 Berkut. As always, you can track your Assignments on Battlelog or the Battlelog Iphone app.

  15. #2038
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    So was playing last night, suffering through far too many horrible games, dunno why I didn't just go to bed. Probably lost 10 in a row. You know on Canals when the other team gets one of your little birds and just rape you with the 3 choppers in the sky? All it takes is 2 people working together to sort it out but even that is too much for people on this game

    So anyway I finally get in a good squad with some good players, one even had a mic. It was going well, hey this is why I love Battlefie- oh it's crashed. Round of applause for DICE

  16. #2039
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its always best with friends the same with BF2.
    I originally played BF2 on my own for a couple weeks and found it boring and was going to write it off but I gave it one last try and saw a post on Xfire forums about clan recruiting so I replied and joined them and after that BF2 got alot more interesting and fun.

  17. #2040
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,655
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,465 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    So was playing last night, suffering through far too many horrible games, dunno why I didn't just go to bed. Probably lost 10 in a row. You know on Canals when the other team gets one of your little birds and just rape you with the 3 choppers in the sky? All it takes is 2 people working together to sort it out but even that is too much for people on this game

    So anyway I finally get in a good squad with some good players, one even had a mic. It was going well, hey this is why I love Battlefie- oh it's crashed. Round of applause for DICE
    That's the beauty of BF3, it takes real skills and actual teamwork, but I agree sometimes it's hard to find that if you're playing with unknown people and no one's chatting.


  18. #2041
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Double XP for PRemium players is live right now until the 5th November.

  19. #2042
    Forum Elder
    moots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    XĂ*os, Khios, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    2,595
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,293 (0 Banked)
    So basically we have double xp days whenever theres a holiday in the US. hifgaskjhoczhw

  20. #2043
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Server update for ALL formats November 8th


    Battlefield 3 Game Server R33 change list

    1) (Server renters on PC only) The “rcon” server info command now reports external IP and port as well as information regarding whether the backend queue is enabled or not.

    2) Fixed an occasional issue where console servers changed max player counts incorrectly.

    3) We now enforce a minimum player count of 4 on both PC and consoles (PC previously had no such limitation while console servers had 2 players as the limit) to be able to exit preround on Ranked servers. You will still be able to move around freely in preround, but the match doesn’t officially start (and thus no stats are affected) until at least 4 players have joined. This goes for both PC and console servers. This will make it harder to easily use Ranked servers as boosting servers.

    4) “Hardcore no map” is now a proper preset on both the server side and backend. This means console users can now filter between hardcore servers with and/or without the “no map” setting.

    5) We fixed a bug where server admins could exploit the system to effectively become immortal on his/her server.

    6) We introduced a number of server stability improvements which should lead to less crashes throughout. Two specific crashes that we have eliminated are:
    A) Servers running 9 or more maps that would crash when loading the 9th map
    B) Servers running high player counts in combination with very high ticket count where end game reports would stall out the server
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4787636097951/
    Last edited by keefy; 11-11-2012 at 01:45.

  21. #2044
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Ticket filters

    It only took them a year but ticket filters have been implemented on PC version what about PS3?






  22. #2045
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,655
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,465 (0 Banked)
    I don't really care about a ticket filter on PS3, what I would care about is for an option to get on a new round, I hate trying to play Op Metro ending up on a team that's already pinned down on their home base.


  23. #2046
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't play metro solves that problem.
    Metro is a corridor making it easier to pin a team in their base and with a 1000 tickets it gets boring fast for both teams.
    1000 tickets on MEtro means the greater the chances one team is pinned down either at the beginning of the underground or at the oposite end in the buildings for at least 30 minutes.

    Theres a realtime server browser that shows how many tickets are left for each team on PC.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-11-2012 at 21:19.

  24. #2047
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,655
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,465 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Don't play metro solves that problem.
    Metro is a corridor making it easier to pin a team in their base and with a 1000 tickets it gets boring fast for both teams.
    1000 tickets on MEtro means the greater the chances one team is pinned down either at the beginning of the underground or at the oposite end in the buildings for at least 30 minutes.

    Theres a realtime server browser that shows how many tickets are left for each team on PC.
    I just played a 500% tickets round on Op Metro and had lots of fun, I guess you just don't enjoy playing that stage, even though our team lost I managed an 85/25 K/D ratio lol.

    And I'm on PS3 so that's a no go for me, thanks for pointing it out though.


  25. #2048
    Super Elite
    RED-SNAKE1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,221
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    974 (0 Banked)
    Does BF3 still suck wish they would make a BFBC3 it would be awesome

    sent from me to you

  26. #2049
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,459
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    33,596 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-SNAKE1 View Post
    Does BF3 still suck wish they would make a BFBC3 it would be awesome

    sent from me to you
    No, it does not suck.

    Good bye.



  27. #2050
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,156
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    8,483 (0 Banked)
    I know. "Does it suck?" No, but you do.

  28. Likes Wrath likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.