Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7787 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2230
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    That's me on DUST 514. I gave up on standard military FPS games after that. I really don't play anything else at the moment. That and EVE Online.
    Oh thats cool lol.

@Nitey I need to get back into it. I got it a while after release and played it like a mad man for a couple weeks but haven't touched it in ages. It was definitely enjoyable so I'll try it again soon.

The game is an amazing friend and specailly the online as it provide variety of ways to earn kills, use tactice, and or be creative. Iam an expert in BF3 online loool. I shoot an airplane with the RBG or with tanks .

@Cyn I certainly do
    Took a long break but got back into it a couple months ago and have nearly doubled my play time (over 400 hours now)
    Half the time it's just a rage fest what with the admins and plenty of lag and stuff but I just keep playing it. BF3 addict over here. I took a break when I got it first, and than my friend who is an expert in it, started teaching until I understood how to play the game. And since than my friend there is no stoping lol.

@daL Used to be me as well, haven't played it for weeks now though I get to busy, but I'll clear some things out when End Game arrives for sure.

Make sure to come back and enjoy the online. For me, its daily over 5 or 7 hours .

@Kawaiius You guys really make me wanna trade in black ops 2 and get battlefield lol
    Yeah, man do it as its better trust me. Just understand how it plays and you will love it a lot as I did.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I was never interested in the multiplayer for, Call of Duty 4 but Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops were played for hundreds of hours!. I was also starting to play, Battlefield 3 a lot when it first came out but after taking out dedicated servers and allowing anyone to purchase max upgrades, my interest plummeted.
    Its still fun most important there is no glitch. I have personally, rented servers and rules applies which were no spamming nor glitching and that why the online it has engrossed me more more, and more.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    In the same boat. I have yet to find the same experiences BF3 offers. I've logged around 12-15hrs and level 25ish. I had it on release but didnt really give it time. The last few weeks has been where ive sunk most of the game time and no other game has had a look in. Still have afew in the wrapper like wwe13, resi6, far cry 3 etc that I got for xmas but whenever I get in I just want to get on bf3. I have spent around 100 hours and up in bf3 LOOOL.

Every game is so different to the last its incomparable to anything ive played before. Im now pretty decent at piloting the jets and choppers too so that's opened up a huge new part of the game Id not come across before. Flying inbetween buildings, evading locked on missiles, having 2 buddies either side as gunners and trying to wrestle your 'copter after taking a hit is a right adrenaline rush

Even jusy capturing a point and jumping in a buggy with 2 other team mates to rush to get the next capture point is great fun... or on the other hand being a foot soldier, seeing a enemy buggy skipping across the dirt coming towards you and drawing out an rpg in the nick of time before your roadkill with an exploding buggy somersaulting over your head.

Theres so many different ways to play, huge amounts of content for the game (even without all the dlc), with hours to be lost in the battlefield whether it be on your own, in a squad or with people you know.

The only other game im currently playing is NFS most wanted on the vita when im away from the console to get on bf3. Even with the unplayed games ive got, they still won't be getting a look in for a while.

Uk timezone, psn ID: GazzaGSi if anyone fancies a blast

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I was never interested in the multiplayer for, Call of Duty 4 but Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops were played for hundreds of hours!. I was also starting to play, Battlefield 3 a lot when it first came out but after taking out dedicated servers and allowing anyone to purchase max upgrades, my interest plummeted.
    It's not even the max tickets that bugs me (unless I don't like the map, or it's Rush). It's the admins who play god. If you kill them a few times or are carrying your team, they ban you. They'll kill people in the chopper so they can steal it and base rape your team. They stack the teams to a crazy degree.

I usually check the server settings and if there's an admin on, I'll usually leave.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pretty sure dedicated serves still exist. They still have to unlockt he attatchments.

Apprentice
    500+ hours logged here. Love this game and can't wait for BF4 on PS4.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I've had similar experiences with Team Fortress 2. I used to play Call of Duty, but I would keep going back to TF2. I've now logged hundreds of hours for that game, I just don't get that kind of enjoyment out of CoD games.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Around 400 hours in and I'm still playing it almost every night after work. DICE sure knows how to make a goddamn shooter!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Lets get some games going my psn is: mrcyn.

Play time for me can be erratic though because due to the nature of my internet and everyone using it, my ping can go from good to completely unplayable if someone starts downloading something.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    I was just thinking the same Cyn we should have a few PSU games as I haven't played it since Aftermath came out my PSN is Scouser24

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStory View Post
    500+ hours logged here. Love this game and can't wait for BF4 on PS4.
    Me too man. Ohh God PS4 and BF4 dam it will look so sick lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Dirt bikes superman seat grabs.

Forum Overseer
    Those bikes look cool but they don't seem that practical...unless you were in a field...

Sort of like the jeeps, they are a little difficult to drive because the camera moves too much when you're going through the bumps...you get used to driving it but they're still complicated.

Especially in hardcore where you don't have third-person view.

EDIT: I'm playing Black Ops 2 at the moment and while they both are very different beasts...I do feel that BF3 has a lot more longevity but does lack the feel of community and skill.

Before you guys jump down my throats, I'm speaking strictly about Search & Destroy which is all strategy and skill.

BF3 really shines when you actually play it for fun...meaning, all these custom rooms that have more tickets. It's about strategy and creativity rather than straight up rush and kill.

I do see myself getting off from BO2 in a month or two...but I have played BF3 for a straight year and a half...errr since it came out.

It's just sad that BF3 could be close to being even more perfect if it had the right modes....CTF will help but I just don't think it's enough...which is why I'll get the other fix from games like BO2. Still BF3 overall is a better game imo.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-09-2013 at 06:30.

Supreme Veteran
    I switch camera views to 3rd person when on the quads and other vehicles unless I am a gunner in that vehicle.
    Neither BF3 or COD require much skill.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I switch camera views to 3rd person when on the quads and other vehicles unless I am a gunner in that vehicle.
    Neither BF3 or COD require much skill.
    Not in hardcore mode though, which sucks...that's one thing I wouldn't mind...but I do like that tanks are more blind in hardcore due to that.

Of course they don't if you wanna talk relative to older games but COD does require more sharp execution in a objective-based mode than BF3. The aiming is easy but because it's easy for everyone, makes it more difficult to be good at.

Supreme Veteran
    Never been into hardcore simply because its easier to kill and harder to stay alive. Normal mode has the better balance.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Never been into hardcore simply because its easier to kill and harder to stay alive. Normal mode has the better balance.
    I agree, it is easier in a sense but tougher as anyone can just pop two bullets into you and you're dead.

To me, normal mode is slightly more HP than I'd like. I can somewhat bear normal mode in BF3 but cannot in COD...although BF3's hardcore mode is also more balanced than COD overall.

All in all, I hate having to put 4-5 bullets into someone and they just don't die.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Bought the premium content yesterday, 17 off eBay. Cant believe how much extra content there is!
    So far I've just selected the filters for close quarters and will gradually move on to the next but really enjoying it
    Wish I'd have picked it up sooner but definitely glad I didnt pass on it. Can see me losing a lot more hours on this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ShadowKingpin
    Items User name style
    The February Competition starts on the 15th!

In our seventh and final Premium exclusive competition, we want to find out who is skilled enough to turn the tide in Battlefield’s signature Rush mode.

Our final Premium competition will run for 48 hours. The five players per platform who can arm and disarm the most amount of M-COM stations will run away with a limited edition T-shirt and lithograph from the DICE Store. Full details below. Good luck and have fun!
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4791422542879/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    BF3 is really cool the only thing i dont like is EA lets plp host their servers on a crappyconnection
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Forum Overseer
    So my 2 year old loves to play video games already...I bought BO2 recently, he gets on it...played it for a few hours...goes back to BF3. XD

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Anyone wants to play BF3 rush. You can add me.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    BF3 is really cool the only thing i dont like is EA lets plp host their servers on a crappyconnection
    WTF are you talking about? The servers are hosted in data centres its not P2P like call of duty or Halo.

24. Likes Wrath , Omar likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Get your facts straight, man.

Apprentice
    I think it's good that people can run their own servers. I have ran into quite a few mental derps when it comes to rules but if I get banned for using a stinger, I will go to the next server. I got banned once when someone used a SOFLAM and I used a javelin, that combo is really good.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Thread Information