Genre: First-Person Shooter
    ESRB: Mature
    Singleplayer: Yes
    Multiplayer: 24 versus online
    Official Site: http://www.ea.com/battlefield3
    Blog: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/battlefield http://twitter.com/BF3Beta
    Stats: TBA

Pre-order Battlefield 3 to receive the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge! This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Players anxious to start the fight can pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now. Pre-order while supplies last.
    *Conditions and restrictions apply. See EA Store for details.
    Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

Battlefield 3™ leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite 2, DICE’s new cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and character animation utilizing ANT technology as seen in the latest EA SPORTS™ games.
    “We wanted to create the most immersive and emotionally powerful Battlefield game ever and we needed new technology to deliver on our vision,” said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer.
    Having built Frostbite 2 over the course of the last three years, this is not a minor iteration of what DICE has used before. Frostbite 2 has been built from scratch to match the design goals for Battlefield 3 and beyond.
    “Where other shooters are treading water Battlefield 3 innovates. Frostbite 2 is a game-changer for shooter fans. We call it a next-generation engine for current-generation platforms.” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager DICE
    There are 5 key pillars which define the Frostbite 2 experience from a technical and artistic point of view
    •Animation
    •Audio
    •Rendering
    •Scale
    •Destruction
    Going forward, we will fill these pillars with detailed information on how Battlefield 3 is transforming the shooter genre with the tool that is Frostbite 2. Stay tuned.

REVIEWS

TROPHIES

VIDEOS

SCREENSHOTS

MAPS

PREVIEWS

Last edited by sergeriver; 08-08-2011 at 13:12.
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    cool

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    Yea!!! Can't wait.. I hope DICE adds an clan lobby, for clan wars like on MGSO..

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Woo, looks like it's going to be epic.

Master Guru
    This is not Bad Company 3, this is the real deal and if you preorder you get Karkand!

Pre-order Battlefield 3 to receive the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge! This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Players anxious to start the fight can pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now. Pre-order while supplies last.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeriver View Post
    This is not Bad Company 3, this is the real deal and if you preorder you get Karkand!
    Yup preordered my Limited Edition Sergeriver.. Best FPS this gen..

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Luv_2_Game View Post
    Yup preordered my Limited Edition Sergeriver.. Best FPS this gen..
    BF2 best FPS and Karkand best map ever. Can't wait.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Never understood why people add "official" in these thread names, unless your a PSU.com staff member i don't see how this is official in any shape or form

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Never understood why people add "official" in these thread names, unless your a PSU.com staff member i don't see how this is official in any shape or form
    Should I rename it "BF3 Unofficial Thread"? Let me know what title best suits your needs.

Master Sage
    Official threads are made so all the discussion about said game occurs in one centralised thread rather than having millions of threads on the same topic.

Although i do think official threads should be made much nearer to release rather than 6-8 months before with minimal information and media...

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw View Post
    Official threads are made so all the discussion about said game occurs in one centralised thread rather than having millions of threads on the same topic.

Although i do think official threads should be made much nearer to release rather than 6-8 months before with minimal information and media...
    I'd usually agree on the time thing, but this is BF3, the sequel to BF2, the best FPS ever, IMO of course and not just another Bad Company title. Besides, there will be plenty of info from now on.

Master Sage
    I was going to make the official thread but then i saw yours so early and was sad...

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw View Post
    I was going to make the official thread but then i saw yours so early and was sad...
    If you want to make it, you can have mine and add the info yourself. I'll ask a mod if you want. I just did it because BF is my favorite franchise.

Master Sage
    I might make one in PC section...

Forum Guru
    Dice updated their web page with all those fantastic tech papers from GDC2011.
    http://publications.dice.se/
    SPU Based Deferred Shading in Battlefield 3 for Playstation 3
    Culling the Battlefield Data Oriented Design in Practice
    Approximating Translucency for a Fast, Cheap and Convincing Subsurface Scattering Look
    Lighting you up in Battlefield 3

Very informative about their new engine and how they use ps3 hardware, they sure let those SPUs sing.
    Last edited by jlippone; 03-11-2011 at 06:40.

PSU Media Manager
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here are some extra screens for the official thread:
    http://www.psu.com/Battlefield-3--g2149--i.php

Best PS3 Website - PSU.com / CollegeOwlz - Sign up now - College Notes, College Textbooks, and Events.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Fuzzymon
    This game will dominate all other First person shooters pre order for sure. This is the game i am most excited about in the near future you know the pc version will be 64 player online right. At least that's what i've heard but i'm going with Ps3 anyways don't have a good enough pc!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzymon View Post
    This game will dominate all other First person shooters pre order for sure. This is the game i am most excited about in the near future you know the pc version will be 64 player online right. At least that's what i've heard but i'm going with Ps3 anyways don't have a good enough pc!
    You are right, but the PS3 version seems to be 24 versus which I'm not sure if it means 24 or 48.

Elite Guru

It's 24 players all in all so 12 versus 12, that is what dice said in the very first scans. Really the biggest reason I am not going to play it on console.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    tremblingwater
    Can't wait for this. Its already looking absolutely awesome. Will get it for the ps3. Can't afford a top notch pc.

Um, feel free to add me on your PSN, just let me know you're from here.

whats with all the digs at Bad Company? An absolutely fantastic game experience, and will probably prove to be more fun on consoles than a load of ego-jockeys queuing up on the runway to play Tom Cruise

Anyway cant wait, played BF since the start, and for the record, BF is the king of games, the true original and WWII to boot. Just not sure the scale will suit console play

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by clean515 View Post
    It's 24 players all in all so 12 versus 12, that is what dice said in the very first scans. Really the biggest reason I am not going to play it on console.
    I loved 64 Karkand, but now my PC won't be able to handle it, so it's 12 v. 12 on the PS3 or nothing.

Dedicated Member

game is looking amazing so far, it's goin to be painful waiting for this to release though.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Battlefield 3 due out on Nov. 3, 2011
    http://translate.google.com/translat...-novembre.html
    will probably get this instead of COD.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Guru
    I found this 2 months old "documentary", it's worth a watch.

Thread Information