Latest PSU headlines:

Page 105 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95105115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 5277
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I do admire your optimism and positive outlook.

It would be overwhelmingly expedient politically to show that unemployment has gone down under a current administration\tenure of Congress in order to drum up public support.

There has been manipulation or, at best, 'negligence' before where the government studies have not included people who have simply given up trying to get a job. This figure deflates the unemployment figures and paints a very misleading picture.
    At the same time there could be some people starting their own business. It still doesn't change the fact that it benefits no one to falsify a report. The people who crunch theses numbers have no ties to the white house. They are basically independent. There is no way any administration can manipulate unemployment data. Its just another cooked up conspiracy. First, it was the polls are rigged and now its this. If the rate had risen there would be no such manipulation talk.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There is no manipulation going on. Just some election year silliness. Why would anyone want to put out a false report? It benefits no one.
    Do you really think that?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    A false report showing employment is up benefits the current administration. If you can't see that then we will have to draw a line.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    A false report showing employment is up benefits the current administration. If you can't see that then we will have to draw a line.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    First, there has to be proof that the report is false. Has there been some credible evidence that it has happened? I don't think so. This is nothing more than people politicizing the report for personal reasons. I guess it's subjective as to whether he will benefit from it, but it does reinforce what he has been saying. Election day will determine whether these final reports will do any harm or good. The unemployment rate rising hasn't helped Romney and a false report sure won't help Obama. That rate could shoot back up next month but it doesn't mean Romney will benefit from it.

People need to really stop with all these dumb conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-07-2012 at 16:01.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Well, I believe they weren't counting the usual individuals that are discounted by the Labor department. Meaning those who are retired, no longer looking for work etc.

No longer looking for work has been controversial of course. But the other factors of individuals they don't include is routine and appropriate. One way or another this is a more 'positive' number then we've seen before. Providing nothing dirty about it gets unearthed in the coming days anyway.
    But that's just it. They announced on NPR that the analysts are saying that not only there were new jobs but also they were more new people coming in than people leaving the job market. Which overrides the notion of not accounting those that are leaving the market.

If you retire, you retire, why would that matter in any case?

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    But that's just it. They announced on NPR that the analysts are saying that not only there were new jobs but also they were more new people coming in than people leaving the job market. Which overrides the notion of not accounting those that are leaving the market.

If you retire, you retire, why would that matter in any case?
    There's a difference between retirement and giving up due to continually lousy market conditions. In both cases, people are effectively seen as, "leaving the workforce". The fact is, there is a vast sum of numbers not being reported on. The net result is dishonest employment figures.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    There's a difference between retirement and giving up due to continually lousy market conditions. In both cases, people are effectively seen as, "leaving the workforce". The fact is, there is a vast sum of numbers not being reported on. The net result is dishonest employment figures.
    This would happen Because.....

[someone finish this for me!]

Extreme Poster
    That's exactly my point. There's a huge difference between retirement and people getting fed up with the market and leaving.

I'm asking if retirement counts and why does it count? That would happen in any case.

How do we know that the numbers are not being reported?

Back to my earlier point, the report does mention people who are fed up and leaving and including them as well, the report says that more jobs were created than lost and more people found jobs (while including those that left and those that entered the market).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Hope ya'll realize we have to create bout 150k Jobs a month just to stay even with population growth. not only did we have job growth slower than population growth, we had more people leave the ranks of "unemployed" than jobs created. Basically they stopped counting 400k people, and added 100k jobs. so magically that 100k jobs drops the unemployment rate .4% touting these numbers means the obama campaign has not shame.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Hope ya'll realize we have to create bout 150k Jobs a month just to stay even with population growth. not only did we have job growth slower than population growth, we had more people leave the ranks of "unemployed" than jobs created. Basically they stopped counting 400k people, and added 100k jobs. so magically that 100k jobs drops the unemployment rate .4% touting these numbers means the obama campaign has not shame.
    Who is this they you are referring to?

Extreme Poster
    Ok, let's just say that what some of us are saying is true: They did leave out a huge number of people.

Do we have any sort of indication of that? I've heard of one official report from one side but the other side is basically hear-say so far.

Can we get some publication of these allegations at least? Some sort of proof that there's definitely a discrepancy.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Its a double headed coin.

Both the U.S and the WORLD will lose
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    How blind are most if not all if you

We are talking about two parties with the same path. War, borrowing, lies, killing their own people within their own boarders, drones on home soil, freedom that does not exist, removing over 5 million people from the election role, stealing elections

Should I go on or has the point got across. The two party system has deined freedom of choice, freedom of freedom and killed any hope of change in the country

" LAND OF THE FREE " and I use that term lightly. Because it makes me sick to the stomach that its still used now, when it means nothing anymore

The land of the misplaced, mis-informed and missin freedom

I may not live in the usa. But I sure hope people can live with themselfs there, knowning that its changing to a different landscape from the one they knew. When their fore fathers shaped it then and expected it to be the same forever. The land of the free, more the land of where did my freedom go
    Last edited by claud3; 10-10-2012 at 17:09.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

14. Likes Ixion , Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

We are talking about two parties with the same path. War, borrowing, lies, killing their own people within their own boarders, drones on home soil, freedom that does not exist, removing over 5 million people from the election role, stealing elections

Should I go on or has the point got across. The two party system has deined freedom of choice, freedom of freedom and killed any hope of change in the country

" LAND OF THE FREE " and I use that term lightly. Because it makes me sick to the stomach that its still used now, when it means nothing anymore

I may not live in the usa. But I sure hope people can live with themselfs there, knowning that its changing to a different landscape from the one they knew. When their fore fathers shaped it then and expected it to be the same forever. The land of the free, more the land of where did my freedom go

Yes, the US has its issues but don't act like we are alone. So stop with all the doom and gloom. This is just normal election year politics. Stop talking like your $#@! smells any sweeter because it really doesn't.

Forum Sage

Yes, the US has its issues but don't act like we are alone. So stop with all the doom and gloom. This is just normal election year politics. Stop talking like your $#@! smells any sweeter because it really doesn't.
    At least the U.K. is getting its own house in order. They've cut back on military expenditures as well as taking other austerity measures to get them out of their own mess. In fact they're one of only two countries in Europe doing so. I'll say, the U.K. has room to talk. We on the other hand, don't. Now, stow the attitude because quite honestly, your partisan hack rhetoric is pure nonsense and everyone can see right through it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

Holy $#@!. Not only do I understand this post grammatically but I COMPLETELY agree with it.

Cheers Claud3. You and I are on the same side today.

18. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Keeping it 100, I think we all should vote for Roger Goodell. He'll fix all this $#@! and fine people who stop outta bounds.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    At least the U.K. is getting its own house in order. They've cut back on military expenditures as well as taking other austerity measures to get them out of their own mess. In fact they're one of only two countries in Europe doing so. I'll say, the U.K. has room to talk. We on the other hand, don't. Now, stow the attitude because quite honestly, your partisan hack rhetoric is pure nonsense and everyone can see right through it.
    I don't have an attitude and its a free country, and you are more than welcome to move to the UK if you think things are so bad here. No one is really holding you back.

You just need to get over the fact that Paul is a non factor. No, we Americans aren't perfect but even with our issues we are still the greatest IMO. Last time I checked the U.K. still has issues of its own too. We have over come plenty of obstacles before and we will again. This election year is no different than any other. Its the same old $#@! every 4 years. Stop letting your emotions get the best of you. It looks bad.

Forum Sage

I don't have an attitude and its a free country, and you are more than welcome to move to the UK if you think things are so bad here. No one is really holding you back.

You just need to get over the fact that Paul is a non factor. No, we Americans aren't perfect but even with our issues we are still the greatest IMO. Last time I checked the U.K. still has issues of its own too. We have over come plenty of obstacles before and we will again. This election year is no different than any other. Its the same old $#@! every 4 years. Stop letting your emotions get the best of you. It looks bad.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm quite enjoying being over here whilst all the election stuff is going on. It's all quite interesting to see it from America's point of view rather than how it is broadcasted in the UK. I don't think the country is as bad as some make it out to be though - but it's a different thing living here than spending a few weeks here. Some of my family reside in Connecticut and they seem to have no problems here, though they are fed up of their Senate.

I still think we are better than the US though. Isn't patriotism great

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm quite enjoying being over here whilst all the election stuff is going on. It's all quite interesting to see it from America's point of view rather than how it is broadcasted in the UK. I don't think the country is as bad as some make it out to be though - but it's a different thing living here than spending a few weeks here. Some of my family reside in Connecticut and they seem to have no problems here, though they are fed up of their Senate.

I still think we are better than the US though. Isn't patriotism great
    There is nothing wrong with anyone thinking that there country is the greatest. That's the way people should be IMO. I don't judge other countries based on what the media says or what i hear so I'm gonna express my opinion. I expect others to do the same but please don't try to be slick and rag on Americans and not expect to get called out for it. It really gets kinda old. By the way,this isn't directed at you .

23. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage
    lol... Biden is destroying Ryan already.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    lol... Biden is destroying Ryan already.
    If by destroying you mean, interrupting, then yes. He wont let him finish a sentence and the moderator is so terrible. she even chimes in with Biden at times. Also, he keeps on laughing and making these dumb faces like he's somewhere other than an important vice presidential debate. total jackass.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    If by destroying you mean, interrupting, then yes. He wont let him finish a sentence and the moderator is so terrible. she even chimes in with Biden at times. Also, he keeps on laughing and making these dumb faces like he's somewhere other than an important vice presidential debate. total jackass.
    That's because Ryan is lying his ass off. Its so funny.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    That's because Ryan is lying his ass off. Its so funny.
    just like how romney was the only liar in the last debate, right?

Forum Sage

Paul is still a factor but was cheated out of the nomination every step of the way. Regardless, this isn't about him anymore. But what I find really funny is that you all keep voting the same morons in every year. You all deserve to have your liberties stripped. Obama/Biden is no different than Romney/Ryan. But keep diluting yourself into thinking that either of these candidates is even remotely less evil than the other. They are the same. Their voting records prove it yet, you all think that voting for one over the other is going to magically turn the greatest nation turned $#@!-hole back into the greatest nation.

Thread Information