Page 106 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96106116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5283
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If anyone wants unbiased views post-debate.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2229371544/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with anyone thinking that there country is the greatest. That's the way people should be IMO. I don't judge other countries based on what the media says or what i hear so I'm gonna express my opinion. I expect others to do the same but please don't try to be slick and rag on Americans and not expect to get called out for it. It really gets kinda old. By the way,this isn't directed at you .
    Well yes and no. I just think you should be proud of where you live and come from so long as you're not ignorant and arrogant about it to the rest of the world - still respecting and acknowledging other people's patriotism.

Which is unfortunately how the rest of America gets portrayed (e.g. tourist stereotypes).

Also, is it just me or does Ryan look like that Glee teacher? No?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Paul is still a factor but was cheated out of the nomination every step of the way. Regardless, this isn't about him anymore. But what I find really funny is that you all keep voting the same morons in every year. You all deserve to have your liberties stripped. Obama/Biden is no different than Romney/Ryan. But keep diluting yourself into thinking that either of these candidates is even remotely less evil than the other. They are the same. Their voting records prove it yet, you all think that voting for one over the other is going to magically turn the greatest nation turned $#@!-hole back into the greatest nation.
    Paul wasn't cheated out of anything. I told you guys from the beginning who would be the nominee. Paul never had a chance because the republican already knew who they wanted to go against Obama. It was either gonna be Perry or Romney. Paul will never be president. You keep talking like Paul isn't a politician. He is really no different. They all are mostly the same . They just have some policy differences.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-12-2012 at 03:53.

Forum Sage
    There is nothing wrong with anyone thinking that there country is the greatest. That's the way people should be IMO. I don't judge other countries based on what the media says or what i hear so I'm gonna express my opinion. I expect others to do the same but please don't try to be slick and rag on Americans and not expect to get called out for it. It really gets kinda old. By the way,this isn't directed at you .
    I completely agree. my post was originally just for a bit of fun and wasn't having a go at the country or people. That song just happened to be the first thing that came into my head when i read your post.

What did everyone think of the debate? I really enjoyed it Biden seemed to really back up what he was saying (even though he did keep doing this stupid grin and shaking his head... and the cringe-worthy interrupting) and gave me a bit more confidence as Ryan was just dancing around questions even when the moderator asked him to be specific.

I think Ryan shown a lot more class though, however class isn't what you should use to win a debate.

either way, i think you guys should borrow Jeremy Paxman for the next debate. This guy ALWAYS gets the answer and doesn't settle for politicians constant bull$#@!.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I completely agree. my post was originally just for a bit of fun and wasn't having a go at the country or people. That song just happened to be the first thing that came into my head when i read your post.

What did everyone think of the debate? I really enjoyed it Biden seemed to really back up what he was saying (even though he did keep doing this stupid grin and shaking his head... and the cringe-worthy interrupting) and gave me a bit more confidence as Ryan was just dancing around questions even when the moderator asked him to be specific.

I think Ryan shown a lot more class though, however class isn't what you should use to win a debate.

either way, i think you guys should borrow Jeremy Paxman for the next debate. This guy ALWAYS gets the answer and doesn't settle for politicians constant bull$#@!.
    I think Biden clearly won that one. He brought the passion that Obama was missing last week. He also won on the issues that affect the middle class and seniors. Ryan still can't explain himself on the 5 trillion tax cut issue and Biden totally creamed him on Afghan. Ryan abortion comments didn't help him either. He called Ryan out on some key issues I think will open some people's eyes.

I think Biden accomplished what he set out to do. He really showed how bad Obama was last week. Its gonna be hard for Obama to follow that one.

Ryan didn't do a bad job though for an inexperienced debater. He did a lot better than Obama. Biden is a very experienced debater so his performance shouldn't surprise anyone. The moderator wasn't great but she was much better than the one from last week.

Forum Sage

Paul wasn't cheated out of anything. I told you guys from the beginning who would be the nominee. Paul never had a chance because the republican already knew who they wanted to go against Obama. It was either gonna be Perry or Romney. Paul will never be president. You keep talking like Paul isn't a politician. He is really no different. They all are mostly the same . They just have some policy differences.
    Are you serious? Are you really serious? Excuse me while I create a thread detailing what happened this election cycle. I don't expect you educate yourself though. It's not in your DNA to do so.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Are you serious? Are you really serious? Excuse me while I create a thread detailing what happened this election cycle. I don't expect you educate yourself though. It's not in your DNA to do so.
    Even though I didn't follow this election day by day, I know enough to say that Paul never had a chance. You really need to get over that fact. He barely beat Newt Gingrich and that should tell you something. Even though he made some very good points and has some good ideas, the party doesn't want him. Romney gives the party the best chance of beating Obama in a general election. The party didn't chose Paul because they know for a fact that he would lose. It's not my fault that you can't understand that. Paul is done. Get over it.

Unbound Mercenary
    It annoys the $#@! out of me when the debaters interrupt each other. It annoyed me when Romney did it to Obama, and it annoyed me when the far more experienced Biden interrupted the rookie Ryan a staggering 82 $#@!ing times.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    It annoys the $#@! out of me when the debaters interrupt each other. It annoyed me when Romney did it to Obama, and it annoyed me when the far more experienced Biden interrupted the rookie Ryan a staggering 82 $#@!ing times.
    Yea, but if he didn't interrupt, Ryan would of gotten away with lying like Romney did. They didn't want to make the same mistake Obama did. Lets be real here, the moderator sure as hell wasn't gonna call Ryan out. I don't like interruptions either, but at the same time when a person is knowingly lying, he should be called out on it. I think for theses debates they should hook up both debaters to an electrical shock machine, and every time they tell a lie they should get shocked....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-12-2012 at 22:04.

Unbound Mercenary
    Yea, but if he didn't interrupt, Ryan would of gotten away with lying like Romney did. They didn't want to make the same mistake Obama did. Lets be real here, the moderator sure as hell wasn't gonna call Ryan out. I don't like interruptions either, but at the same time when a person is knowingly lying, he should be called out on it. I think for theses debates they should hook up both debaters to an electrical shock machine, and every time they tell a lie they should get shocked....lol
    If that was the case, Obama would not have made it through.

Forum Sage
    If that was the case, Obama would not have made it through.
    I think we all know who is the heaviest on the liar scale. Besides, if interruptions are the topic it means that you lost on the issues. Ryan got schooled by a old pro last night. Biden was all over him.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-12-2012 at 23:05.

Unbound Mercenary
    I think we all know who is the heaviest on the liar scale. Besides, if interruptions are the topic it means that you lost on the issues. Ryan got schooled by a old pro last night. Biden was all over him.
    Biden didn't do nearly good enough to make up for the massive fail made by Obama. He held his ground enough to prove that he will be an excellent VP.

Forum Sage
    Biden didn't do nearly good enough to make up for the massive fail made by Obama. He held his ground enough to prove that he will be an excellent VP.
    I don't really care but i got a good laugh out of it...lol None can say Joe B. isn't entertaining. I know one thing, if Romney doesn't win Ohio, his chances of winning are very low, and right now Obama still has the lead there. His road to 270 is a lot more difficult without it.

Unbound Mercenary
    Oh yeah, Biden is very entertaining, like clowns are entertaining.

Romney is catching up to Obama, and if Obama doesn't do something fast, his chances are becoming more slim.

On another note, I attended a Romney rally. It was hot, people were happy, and it took two hours to get out of the parking lot. lol

Forum Sage
    Oh yeah, Biden is very entertaining, like clowns are entertaining.
    Yea, but people love him. You gotta love how he told Ryan he was talking a bunch of malarkey....lol Ryan had no comeback for that one. Don't forget he is supposed to be the intellectual one of the republican party.

Romney is catching up to Obama, and if Obama doesn't do something fast, his chances are becoming more slim.

On another note, I attended a Romney rally. It was hot, people were happy, and it took two hours to get out of the parking lot. lol
    Im sure they were happy. They were a bunch of republicans who support him. Independents are the key.

Romney got a bump last week but he was behind and he is still behind in most swing states. Like I said before, Ohio is the key for him. If he loses it, he is in trouble. No republican has ever won the white house without Ohio. This election will be very close though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-12-2012 at 23:40.

Unbound Mercenary
    I did like the part where Biden just said "stuff" and Ryan said it was an irish thing. lol

Its coming down to a thread, Obama is holding course, and Romney is slowing rising to meet him. By election day, its going to be razor thin.

Forum Overseer
    I wouldn't care who's president as long as we don't have another war coming.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I wouldn't care who's president as long as we don't have another war coming.
    Then you better hope Romney doesn't get in because most of his foreign policy team was with Bush. Plus he thinks we should put troops on the ground in Syria, and he talks like he really wants to bomb Iran. But then again, Its hard to believe him because he has proven time and time again that he will say anything to pander to his base.

Unbound Mercenary
    Yes, with Obama, there won't be war. He'll just bend over and get butt $#@!ed to avoid a fight.

Forum Overseer
    Then you better hope Romney doesn't get in because most of his foreign policy team was with Bush. Plus he thinks we should put troops on the ground in Syria, and he talks like he really wants to bomb Iran. But then again, Its hard to believe him because he has proven time and time again that he will say anything to pander to his base.
    That's what I was getting at. Otherwise I don't dislike the guy, he does make sense in some things.

And yea, I think he's not that crazy, he just says it because he knows that there are people out there that are warmongers.
    Yes, with Obama, there won't be war. He'll just bend over and get butt $#@!ed to avoid a fight.
    Let's say that Iran was a real threat to Israel (laughable because I think they're Israel is as much of a threat to Iran as Iran is to Israel but let's say for the sake of the argument, if that is your argument). America can't sustain another war in this economy (world economy for that matter).

Forum Sage
    He sure did butt $#@! bin laden though....lol At least he didn't send us to war without a clear mission and doesn't make up false $#@! to justify it.

Unbound Mercenary
    He sure did butt $#@! bin laden though....lol At least he didn't send us to war without a clear mission and doesn't make up false $#@! to justify it.
    Oh yes, Obama did so $#@!ing much with that. Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep, now whatever happened to those WMDs? lol

Forum Overseer
    Oh yes, Obama did so $#@!ing much with that. Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama.
    Seal Team 6 also could've killed Sadam and not the rest of the 600k+ civilians with them.

That's where Obama differs from republican thinking.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That makes no sense. So did Bush go to Iraq and fight alongside the troops? He didnt? Oh wow Bush just did so much with that. lol

Thread Information