Page 109 of 212 FirstFirst ... 99109119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 5283
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Romney won tonight and he's going to win this election in a land slide.

It's time for change and Mitt will bring it.
    I don't think it was as clear cut as that. really i think its a wash. I do have one major nit pick though. Crowley did some in debate editorializing by "correcting romney" and she was actually wrong on that rose garden statement Obama had on sept. 12th. Also that being said, i think Romney has a fighting chance right now but its not going to be a landslide. Neither side is going to win by a landslide. The election is basically coming down to Ohio. As of right now, Romney has Florida, NC, Virgina and several other swing states but looking at the delegate count he still hasn't met the threshold without Ohio and right now the polls in Ohio are a statistical tie. there is less than a percentage point separating Obama and Romney in Ohio so we will just have to see what impact, if any this debate had, but like i said, they both did pretty poorly IMO. Neither looked presidential interrupting each other. Both sides were spinning spinning spinning and both side told lies. Obama lied on Libya and Crowley backed him (and has subsequently admitted Romney was right in the past few moments), Obama Lied on oil/coal permits etc. Romney lied on Iran. just a disgrace.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If Obama would of debated that good last week this race would be over. He really redeemed himself tonight. He pretty much won on every issue except maybe energy. Romney had to be embarrassed when he got corrected on Libya by the moderator.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's pretty pathetic, that they use the debates to argue, and constantly disregard the actual questions they are asked. They give out campaign speeches, and at times, it isn't even the same subject as what the question was. Unfortunately, one of them will be president. This country sucks in regards to the Presidency.

4. Likes PS4freak , Bigdoggy likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I don't think it was as clear cut as that. really i think its a wash. I do have one major nit pick though. Crowley did some in debate editorializing by "correcting romney" and she was actually wrong on that rose garden statement Obama had on sept. 12th. Also that being said, i think Romney has a fighting chance right now but its not going to be a landslide. Neither side is going to win by a landslide. The election is basically coming down to Ohio. As of right now, Romney has Florida, NC, Virgina and several other swing states but looking at the delegate count he still hasn't met the threshold without Ohio and right now the polls in Ohio are a statistical tie. there is less than a percentage point separating Obama and Romney in Ohio so we will just have to see what impact, if any this debate had, but like i said, they both did pretty poorly IMO. Neither looked presidential interrupting each other. Both sides were spinning spinning spinning and both side told lies. Obama lied on Libya and Crowley backed him (and has subsequently admitted Romney was right in the past few moments), Obama Lied on oil/coal permits etc. Romney lied on Iran. just a disgrace.
    ^This x 100. Obama wasn't nearly as recreant as he was in the first debate, but they both behaved like clowns IMO.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's pretty pathetic, that they use the debates to argue, and constantly disregard the actual questions they are asked. They give out campaign speeches, and at times, it isn't even the same subject as what the question was. Unfortunately, one of them will be president. This country sucks in regards to the Presidency.
    Lately I've been thinking about that a lot. This term of elections with Obama and Romney, we sure as heck didn't get a good choice. we are in some trouble regardless on who is president.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    double post. o.O
    Yeah, we're screwed either way it goes apparently.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    yea, but what was Romney's come back for that. He lost a good opportunity when he just let it go. Also, what about all the other topics covered? I think he exposed Romney on several issues. He really exposed Romney's flip flopping ways on several issues. Obama did what he should of done in the first debate. At one point he was really getting under Romney's skin and you could see it. Obama wasn't very clear on what he would do in a second term and Romney still didn't give any detail on his tax plan. That was a big minus for both. Overall it was feisty debate and the third is sure to be exciting. It was enough to fire up the base on both sides but like I said before, this will all come down to the independent voters, women, and first time voters.

Looks like Romney and Ryan have finally explained their tax plan.

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-17-2012 at 15:30.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I totally forgot about the debate last night....

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Too bad for you!

“Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)
    "Why not take a break? You can pause the game by pressing +." (Wii Sports)
    “It’s super effective!” (Pokemon series)

Soldier 95B
    $#@!, Obama destroyed Romney last night. Holy $#@!.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    $#@!, Obama destroyed Romney last night. Holy $#@!.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Indeed. I think Romney created more problems for himself on immigration and women voters. And he just got creamed on foreign policy, and so did Paul Ryan. Romney never said they he supported the equal pay act for women and that could hurt him in states like Ohio and Florida. I still think that there weren't enough questions last night.
    Last edited by Ixion; 10-17-2012 at 18:19. Reason: removed response to banned user

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by UberZman View Post
    Too bad for you!
    Tell me about it...

I feel the more Mitt talks the more he's gonna $#@! himself anyways....

I'm basing my vote on the lesser of two evils

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Doing so results only in the propagation of more evil. Vote with your conscience or not at all imo.

15. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Indeed. I think Romney created more problems for himself on immigration and women voters. And he just got creamed on foreign policy, and so did Paul Ryan. Romney never said they he supported the equal pay act for women and that could hurt him in states like Ohio and Florida. I still think that there weren't enough questions last night.
    Mitt didn't do too bad for women IMO because he tried to relate the concerns of women as economic concerns basically stating more women are in poverty, number of women out of the the job etc. etc. If you believe in Romney's economic policy then he is saying a vote for my economic policy=better jobs/better pay for women. Obama was just pandering to women. All his campaign has turned them into is $#@!s. What Obama said about women? you need contraception, and Romney wants to defund planned parenthood. They might be important issues to women yes, but from their perspective, the one who understands they want a job, and have beliefs other than what facilitates "reproductive rights" is the one who won over women. And Obama didn't cream on foreign policy. He lied about libya, Candy Crowley helped him lie. Romney should have called him out on it, and i expect to see and add about this specific question soon so they can set the record straight on Candy and what Obama really said.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    Mitt didn't do too bad for women IMO because he tried to relate the concerns of women as economic concerns basically stating more women are in poverty, number of women out of the the job etc. etc. If you believe in Romney's economic policy then he is saying a vote for my economic policy=better jobs/better pay for women.
    Then why does he has no opinion on the Ledbetter Fair PAY ACT. If he supports equal pay for women then he should should come out and say that. The problem is that he is unwilling to come out and say publicly why he does or doesn't support the bill. That's one of his problems. He isn't very clear on anything.

Obama was just pandering to women. All his campaign has turned them into is $#@!s. What Obama said about women? you need contraception, and Romney wants to defund planned parenthood. They might be important issues to women yes, but from their perspective, the one who understands they want a job, and have beliefs other than what facilitates "reproductive rights" is the one who won over women.[
    No, i don't think he was pandering to women. He basically said how and why he passed the Ledbetter Act. Romney still hasn't been very clear on where he stands on as far as a woman's right to choose. He has flip flopped on this issue so many time that it's hard to tell where he stands. He needs to just put everything out there and stop with all the pandering to his base. He goes from being severely conservative, and then he is claiming to be a moderate. It's hard to tell which Romney we will get.

And Obama didn't cream on foreign policy. He lied about libya, Candy Crowley helped him lie. Romney should have called him out on it, and i expect to see and add about this specific question soon so they can set the record straight on Candy and what Obama really said.
    No, I think Romney was incorrect on that one. He said Obama waited two weeks to call that incident an act of terror and he was wrong but the administration did say on more than one occasion that it was because of the video which isn't correct. If Libya is the only thing Romney can come up with in a foreign policy debate then he will probably lose. Romney and Ryan arealy have no experience or credibility on foreign policy and its really not a strong issue. We saw all the errors Ryan made with making incorrect statements on Afghanistan and how Biden totally demolished him on foreign policy. Romney's best bet is to stick with hitting Obama on the economy.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-17-2012 at 19:17.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    The Obama administration DID wait two weeks to call it an act of terror. On Sept. 12th in the Rose Garden speech, Obama made a reference to terrorism saying "no act of terror would shake our resolve" while referencing the original 9/11/01 attack. The "act of terror" reference were completely separate from his comments on Benghazi. In fact, when talking about Benghazi the president said “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence." This is a reference to the idea that some anti-Muslim video spurred protests/riots where the ambassador was killed. They then spent the next two weeks blaming the video that cause a riot. Then security footage was released that didn't show any protestors, but showed several men armed with RPGs and assault rifles waltzing into the embassy. Now the administration marched out Clinton to take the bullet for them. This was a cover up, it was clear it was a cover up and Crowley helped in this lie with her statement (which she has since come out and said Romney was right but used the wrong word BULL$#@!). Obama has been perpetrating this facade that he is tough on terror and the Libya attack dispels that. Its a damning rebuke of his foreign policy and shows his truly unscrupulous nature.
    Last edited by btbam; 10-17-2012 at 19:30.

Forum Sage
    The Obama administration DID wait two weeks to call it an act of terror. On Sept. 12th in the Rose Garden speech, Obama made a reference to terrorism saying "no act of terror would shake our resolve" while referencing the original 9/11/01 attack. The "act of terror" reference were completely separate from his comments on Benghazi.
    Not true. Romney was right when he said that the administration said the tape played a role but Obama did call this an act of terror the next day. Romney was wrong for going out and making a public statement while it was still happening and before the families were notified just to score political points. To prove that point, the family members of one of the victims came out publicly and told Romney to stop using the incident to score political points.

Romney told: stop using my dead son for political gain

http://www.theage.com.au/world/romne...011-27fgf.html

In fact, when talking about Benghazi the president said “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence." This is a reference to the idea that some anti-Muslim video spurred protests/riots where the ambassador was killed. They then spent the next two weeks blaming the video that cause a riot.
    Yes, it does seem that they said the video played a role but they still said the incident itself was an act of terror.

Then security footage was released that didn't show any protestors, but showed several men armed with RPGs and assault rifles waltzing into the embassy. Now the administration marched out Clinton to take the bullet for them. This was a cover up, it was clear it was a cover up and Crowley helped in this lie with her statement (which she has since come out and said Romney was right but used the wrong word BULL$#@!). Obama has been perpetrating this facade that he is tough on terror and the Libya attack dispels that. Its a damning rebuke of his foreign policy and shows his truly unscrupulous nature.
    That's BS. It wasn't a cover up. He has said that he takes full responsibility for what happened in Libya. One thing you can say that he is tougher on terror than any other administration has been. The evidence is there. You can't take one incident and judge a person's whole foreign policy on just that. What happened in Libya is tragic but Romney trying to score political points is just shameful.

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-17-2012 at 20:09.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Look at the transcript of the speech. All i can tell you, look at the transcript of the speech. Only reference to terrorism he made was at the end of the speech when talking about Afghanistan and terrorism in general. Its all about context. Yes he did mention it, but not in the context of Benghazi. They spent two weeks blaming a protest gone wrong that was spurred by a video. Turns out, NO PROTEST AT ALL. They couldn't accept there was a successful terrorist plot on his watch so they lied. It was a clear cover up because he wanted to be the tough one on terrorism. Romney had an appropriate response to the attack really. Whose response do you think was more appropriate: Romney who called it a terrorist attack, or the administration who spent two weeks blaming a video for a non-existent protest.

Soldier 95B
    On Sept. 12th in the Rose Garden speech, Obama made a reference to terrorism saying "no act of terror would shake our resolve" while referencing the original 9/11/01 attack.
    False. The transcript is there for all to read. Here is his comment in context:

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.
    Funny how people like to SPIN. Too bad it's all on VIDEO. The act of terror was in relation to the 4 American's who died, and there...IN CONTEXT it can be read.

Clearly the Republicans are still stinging from that beating Mitt took last night. I am so glad I am not a Dem or Republican.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 10-17-2012 at 20:26.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Yea, too bad its all on video. The context is him talking about Afghanistan/Iraq and terrorism in generally, he didn't call Benghazi an act of terrorism, he implied the video/protest explanation earlier in the speech about Benghazi. Now lets just pretend he did say Benghazi was an act of terrorism. WHY then did the administration take the next two weeks blaming the video/protest that wasn't actually a protest?

Soldier 95B
    Yup, it's all on video and in transcript. Good thing there is the solid proof that backs up his statement last night.

Forum Sage
    Yea, too bad its all on video. The context is him talking about Afghanistan/Iraq and terrorism in generally, he didn't call Benghazi an act of terrorism, he implied the video/protest explanation earlier in the speech about Benghazi. Now lets just pretend he did say Benghazi was an act of terrorism. WHY then did the administration take the next two weeks blaming the video/protest that wasn't actually a protest?
    You're wrong dude. He said "no acts of terror", meaning any actions, including this one. Its right there in writing and in the video. Romney was wrong on that particular part and that's why he was corrected. The administration did claim the video played a role and there is no evidence of that but it's ridiculous to say that they tried to cover up what happened. That's like those 9-11 conspiracies saying that 9-11 was an inside job by Bush and Cheney. Romney making a statement about something in which he didn't have all the facts wasn't very presidential at all.

Funny how people like to SPIN. Too bad it's all on VIDEO. The act of terror was in relation to the 4 American's who died, and there...IN CONTEXT it can be read.

Clearly the Republicans are still stinging from that beating Mitt took last night. I am so glad I am not a Dem or Republican.
    Same here. When you have to bring up what the moderator did is clear evidence that you didn't win the debate. Romney won the first one and Obama won last night. Next week he will get a chance at redemption just like Obama did. I just hope he has more than this Libya incident, because if he doesn't he's gonna be in trouble. Romney has hardly no credibility on foreign policy and Ryan doesn't either. The only experience Ryan has is when he voted yes to send people to Iraq and then has the nerve to talk about the debt like he had no part in it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-17-2012 at 20:52.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Here is the full context and not just quote mining for you.

OBAMA: Good morning.

Every day all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed.

And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others.

But there is absolutely no justification for this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts. Already many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens' body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had tied.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage and resolve he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya.

When the Qaddafi regime came to an end Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy. And I think both Secretary Clinton and I have relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there.

He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. As (ph) today the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on.

I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who loved them back home. Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourn with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those, both civilian and military, who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

Today we mourn for more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory and let us continue their work in seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost, and may God bless the United States of America.
    Let me summarize it for ya. Says there is an attack, says he beefed up security at other locations around the globe, says the US abhors attacks on religion and violent reactions thereof (see proto-blaming the video) talks about how pivotal stevens was, then talks about the original 9/11 attacks and iraq/afghanistan and the ones we've lost already and then says "act of terror" in that context talking about the original 9/11/01 attacks and the subsequent wars. Now again, lets just pretend he did call it terrorism for your sake (even though he didn't) WHY DID HE SPEND 2 WEEKS BLAMING THE VIDEO? if he wasn't trying to cover it up. Just a few days ago they paraded Clinton out to take the fall for them. It stinks of sweeping it under the rug and they got caught doing it.
    Last edited by btbam; 10-17-2012 at 20:53.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Both of them were crap last night. Not enough questions? Sure there were. The real problem is there weren't enough answers. They spent more time arguing and trashing each other than actually answering the questions that were asked. Pretty poor for two people that could become president. There's no hope really... unless you just support one or the other instead of supporting what needs to be done for America.

Soldier 95B
    hthen says "act of terror" in that context talking about the original 9/11/01 attacks and the subsequent wars.
    To quote Obama. "That's just not true"

Pulling a Mitt?

Thread Information