Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5277
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Interesting...

http://politics.kfyi.com/cc-common/m...ticle=10502003

Candy Crowley interrupted Romney 28 times; Obama 9

In the Vice-Presidential debate Martha Raddatz interrupted Paul Ryan 15 times and Joe Biden only five

Candy Crowley, who was suspected of being one more liberal moderator in the tank for Barack Obama, was more than just in the tank for him; she dove in and sucked all the water out for him so he could pretend he walked on water.
    In the Vice-Presidential debate, Martha Raddatz, no slouch at shilling for the Democratic Party, interrupted Paul Ryan 15 times and Joe Biden only five.
    Crowley made Raddatz look like an amateur. She interrupted Obama nine times, (although four of those were when he wouldn’t respect the time limit when discussing assault weapons; he went over his time limit all night long), but when it came to Mitt Romney, she was utterly beyond the pale.
    Crowley interrupted Romney 28 times. 28 times. Her desperation to keep Romney from scoring points was so patently obvious that it wasn’t really a surprise when she had her infamous moment: the moment when she interrupted and falsely claimed Romney was incorrect in accusing Obama of refusing to call the Benghazi attack an act of terror.
    And even beyond the interruptions, there were numerous instances where Crowley’s obvious partisanship prompted her to treat Romney with great disrespect:
    1. She wouldn’t let him respond when Obama lied about the auto industry. First she called him Mr. Romney instead of governor, then protested, “there'll be plenty of chances here to go on, but I want to... We have all these folks. I will let you absolutely... OK. Will - will - you certainly will have lots of time here coming up.” Romney never did get the chance to respond.
    2. After the question asking whether gas prices as they stand now are the new normal, Obama got 2 chances to respond. When Romney asked for his second chance, Crowley shut him off by saying, “ … in the follow up, it doesn't quite work like that. But I'm going to give you a chance here. I promise you, I'm going to.” She didn’t.

Unbound Mercenary
    Well yeah, that was very apparent that every moderator was a liberal, no doubt.

It just goes to show Romney can handle a very biased moderator because he still did well even though he was interrupted that many times.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    When i say righty, I mean conservative/republican.

I just wanted to know where you are are coming from. I have no problem with anyone supporting who they want. I wasn't a political person at first but I learned a long time ago how important it is to voice your opinion by voting. I don't think Obama or Romney are bad people but they have big policy differences and it amazes me as to why some people are still undecided a few weeks out from this election.

Rumors rumors.... Its also a rumor that he is a secret muslim that is trying to destroy our country....lol IMO when you join Alqaeda you lose all your rights as an American citizen.
    Are you serious right now?

I mean apart from the fact that you are apparently grossly misinformed about the kill list (which is fact), you honest to God think that the second the government labels somebody as an "Al Qaeda operative" suddenly their rights as a US Citizen are revoked instantly?

This is disturbing on so many levels.

4. Likes Kwes , Cuguy , Ixion likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Are you serious right now?

I mean apart from the fact that you are apparently grossly misinformed about the kill list (which is fact), you honest to God think that the second the government labels somebody as an "Al Qaeda operative" suddenly their rights as a US Citizen are revoked instantly?

This is disturbing on so many levels.
    What's worse is that he was one of the same people crying foul over George Bush's handling of "terrorists", slammed Bush for the Patriot Act and the unwarranted wiretaps. The hypocrisy is $#@!ing ripe to be sure.

6. Likes Cuguy , Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Well considering that Crowley comeback and said that she was wrong in the situation says something. What she said was wrong and the fact that she jumped in to defend the president is even worse. Saying that the only thing she was guilty of was letting the time go over is just flat wrong. The debate is between the two on the stage not the one sitting behind the desk. She had no right to speak on the topic and was completely out of line.
    No, I don't think she ever admitted she was wrong. She actually gave them both credit. She said the president did call it an act of terror but for two weeks the administration did say the video was the cause.

CNN host Candy Crowley on Wednesday stood her ground and refused to backtrack as a surrogate for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney insisted that she had been “wrong” to fact check the GOP hopeful’s claim that President Barack Obama had not referred to the attacks in Libya as “acts of terror.”

“He did call it an act of terror,” she had told the former Massachusetts governor. “It did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out.”
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/1...ot-your-place/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't really think that's important. What's important is the substance of the debate. I would rather someone interrupt than let the person just walk all over the moderator like the first time. Romney was more guilty of that in the first debate and in the primaries and I don't see anything wrong with it. Both candidates were aggressive and had plenty of time to get there points across. I don't think the candidates should be interrupted too but at the same time they shouldn't be allowed to bully a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    What's worse is that he was one of the same people crying foul over George Bush's handling of "terrorists", slammed Bush for the Patriot Act and the unwarranted wiretaps. The hypocrisy is $#@!ing ripe to be sure.
    its just politics bro. They do it to each other. No one should concerned about a kill list. It's nothing new.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-18-2012 at 17:04.

Veteran
    On the subject of the 2nd Presidential Debate moderator interrupting Romney more, I felt it was nothing more than it being because Romney was far more disregarding of the time limits and the structure of the debate as a whole. It was incredibly obvious how different it was. But without fail, journalists have probably spun this into something more.

Looking forward to the third debate. Considering moments like the assassination, how they tackle the FP debate might be interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by Bio; 10-18-2012 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If Romney was going over time more, why does Obama have more time talked by 3 mins 18 seconds vs Romney?
    Last edited by F34R; 10-18-2012 at 18:58.

10. Likes Kwes , PS4freak , Ixion likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    By now I was hoping to get a better understanding of how Romneys economic plan would work, but he has failed to explain it with any kind of detail to this point and it seems like his time has run out.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Neither have really explained anything lol. They argue too much and use statistic numbers that aren't even correct. BOTH OF THEM.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    By now I was hoping to get a better understanding of how Romneys economic plan would work, but he has failed to explain it with any kind of detail to this point and it seems like his time has run out.
    This is how it's supposed to work in a nut shell....

$5 trillion in tax cuts. Make up for that by reducing $4 trillion in tax benefits. And then the the rest is made up by the growing economy. The problem is that even with very good economic growth, that still won't make it add up.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The way it's going now sure the hell doesn't help it any. smh

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    On the subject of the 2nd Presidential Debate moderator interrupting Romney more, I felt it was nothing more than it being because Romney was far more disregarding of the time limits and the structure of the debate as a whole. It was incredibly obvious how different it was. But without fail, journalists have probably spun this into something more.

Looking forward to the third debate. Considering moments like the assassination, how they tackle the FP debate might be interesting to say the least.
    I agree with this. Even back when the primary debates were held Romney used those same tactics to control debates. He always seems overly aggressive for more time. He totally controlled the first debate and this time the moderator didn't allow it because if she did, it would turn into one of those Romney VS Perry moments. They would of just kept going back and fourth. I say she did a pretty good job when you compare it to that first guy. He had no control whatsoever. I do think Romney came off a bit rude once but Obama handled it well. The biggest problem I had with the debate was only having undecided voters to ask questions. It's like, where the hell have they been for the past year?

If Romney was going over time more, why does Obama have more time talked by 3 mins 18 seconds vs Romney?
    That's total time but they both were going over the limit almost every time they spoke. She did try to keep them within the time limits which is more you can say about Jim Lehrer. He had no control.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-18-2012 at 19:16.

Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Neither have really explained anything lol. They argue too much and use statistic numbers that aren't even correct. BOTH OF THEM.
    Yeah they sure don't like each other. lol
    Romney's son said he wanted to punch the president during the debate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This is how it's supposed to work in a nut shell....

$5 trillion in tax cuts. Make up for that by reducing $4 trillion in tax benefits. And then the the rest is made up by the growing economy. The problem is that even with very good economic growth, that still won't make it add up.
    Yeah he's explain that part but he hasn't pointed out what benefits he'll be reducing, and like you said the math just doesn't add up, specially with a struggling economy. Im sure the reason he wont say what benefits he'll cut is because the opponent will use that to attack him.

17. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah that was ridiculous how long they would let Obama go on but if Romney went over by 30 secs he was cut off. It took Obama some 1-1:30 over to get stopped. I watched multiple time when the counter behind him was red and eventually the screen just went off with him still talking. It is sad how poorly these debates are officiated.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Unbound Mercenary
    He was not alone in that aspect. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Coming from him, it's more like he wanted to pay someone to punch him....lol At times both candidates look like they wanted to punch each other. I'll never forget the look on Obama's face when he said "please proceed governor". You can tell he was agitated. He looked like he wanted to run and tackle Romney....lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    No, I don't think she ever admitted she was wrong. She actually gave them both credit. She said the president did call it an act of terror but for two weeks the administration did say the video was the cause.

I don't really think that's important. What's important is the substance of the debate. I would rather someone interrupt than let the person just walk all over the moderator like the first time. Romney was more guilty of that in the first debate and in the primaries and I don't see anything wrong with it. Both candidates were aggressive and had plenty of time to get there points across. I don't think the candidates should be interrupted too but at the same time they shouldn't be allowed to bully a moderator.

its just politics bro. They do it to each other. No one should concerned about a kill list. It's nothing new.

You're whitewashing. Your post is nothing less than a statement of allegiance towards a burgeoning police state so long as its headed by a party you endorse.

At best, this means you are committed that kind of government regardless of who is in office and merely pretend to be critical of it when it is convenient.

At worst, you don't really care at all and just back the Dem\Obama regardless of what your prior positions were.

You were critical of Bush for doing very similar things Obama is. You've openly admitted you're cool with US Citizens being gunned down if they're labelled "Al Qaeda operatives".

This is nothing short of monstrous. Literally you are arrayed against every single founding principle of this nation.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 10-19-2012 at 02:54.

22. Likes Kwes , PS4freak , F34R likes this post
    Veteran
    EDIT: got ninja'd.

Anywho, it begs the question on how much more heated this can get before it goes off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Sage
    You're whitewashing. Your statement is nothing less than a statement of allegiance towards a burgeoning police state so long as its headed by a party you endorse.
    I don't endorse or belong to any party. I do support the candidate that i think will do a better job.

At best, this means you are committed that kind of government regardless of who is in office and merely pretend to be critical of it when it is convenient.

At worst, you don't really care at all and just back the Dem\Obama regardless of what your prior positions were.
    You're right, I really don't put much thought into it. If someone chooses to join al qaeda and gets killed, they deserve it. Plain and simple. If killing one of them makes us safer, then I'm all for it.

You were critical of Bush for doing very similar things Obama is. You've openly admitted you're cool with US Citizens being gunned down if they're labelled "Al Qaeda operatives".

This is nothing short of monstrous. Literally you are arrayed against every single founding principle of this nation.
    The majority of my criticism of Bush is about the Iraq war and not pursuing Bin laden enough. I never criticized him for using drones to take out any enemy. I do criticize the republican party because they have really changed over the years. There is no doubt about that. Too many extremist are in the party. Just my opinion though.

I will never have sympathy for anyone that decides to join al qaeda regardless of what country they come from. Better one of them than many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    EDIT: got ninja'd.

Anywho, it begs the question on how much more heated this can get before it goes off the deep end.
    This is only the norm. Election years are always this way. Both sides play their fair share of the politics game. This election does seem to be a little nastier than the previous ones though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-18-2012 at 23:07.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I don't endorse or belong to any party. I do support the candidate that i think will do a better job.
    oh now that one is a knee-slapper. Biggest Obama apologist i've seen in an online setting. No matter how obvious the truth is front of you, you still defend him to your last breath. The evidence of his poor economic record? Why not blame Bush? Evidence of a reckless foreign policy that WILL have blow back? Blame Romney...
    I will never have sympathy for anyone that decides to join al qaeda regardless of what country they come from. Better one of them than many of us.
    yea due process was really overrated

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

PSU Technical Advisor

You're right, I really don't put much thought into it. If someone chooses to join al qaeda and gets killed, they deserve it. Plain and simple. If killing one of them makes us safer, then I'm all for it.

The majority of my criticism of Bush is about the Iraq war and not pursuing Bin laden enough. I never criticized him for using drones to take out any enemy. I do criticize the republican party because they have really changed over the years. There is no doubt about that. Too many extremist are in the party. Just my opinion though.

This is only the norm. Election years are always this way. Both sides play their fair share of the politics game. This election does seem to be a little nastier than the previous ones though.
    You don't see a problem with putting a little checkbox by someone and saying "He's a terrorist" and just "trusting government" to be right and to do the right thing?

Our founding fathers sure as hell didn't, and this is the very reason why they tried to structure government that would not abuse its citizens.

I cannot grasp how you do not see what evil this leads too.

Are you really so blinded by your desire for security and your anger towards the enemy combatants you've faced, that you would shed the core values of the nation whom you supposedly swore to protect and serve?

Your sentiments are entirely what Bin Laden wanted. You are his will manifest, his goals achieved. He gained a far greater victory then one could have dreamed possible over a decade after that fateful day in NYC.

Thoughts like yours will ensure the capitulation of this nation.

To me, this makes you a far more insidious threat than any Al Qaeda operative to our nation.

People who espouse sentiments similar to your own really make my flaws and imperfections bubble to the surface like pus from a wound. I struggle to keep my choler under control and to hate the sin and not the sinner.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 10-18-2012 at 23:48.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    oh now that one is a knee-slapper. Biggest Obama apologist i've seen in an online setting. No matter how obvious the truth is front of you, you still defend him to your last breath. The evidence of his poor economic record? Why not blame Bush? Evidence of a reckless foreign policy that WILL have blow back? Blame Romney...

Does it bother you if someone supports Obama? He hasn't really done anything to me personally that has affected my life in a negative way. If Obama was a Republican and Romney was a democrat I would still feel the same. I judge the person, not what party he or she belongs too. I just don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be. I said the same thing about Bush. I don't care what your party is, you don't have to respect the man, but you should always respect the office.

You don't see a problem with putting a little checkbox by someone and saying "He's a terrorist" and just "trusting government" to be right and to do the right thing?
    Nope.
    Our founding fathers sure as hell didn't, and this is the very reason why they tried to structure government that would not abuse its citizens.
    Our founding fathers don't have to live in these times.

I cannot grasp how you do not see what evil this leads too.

Are you really so blinded by your desire for security and your anger towards the enemy combatants you've faced, that you would shed the core values of the nation whom you supposedly swore to protect and serve?
    I swore to defend all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Your sentiments are entirely what Bin Laden wanted. You are his will manifest, his goals achieved. He gained a far greater victory then one could have dreamed possible over a decade after that fateful day in NYC.
    I really don't care what bin Laden wanted. I do care that he is dead and gone and the world is better off without him.

Thoughts like yours will ensure the capitulation of this nation.
    I disagree. I will bet the majority of this country agrees with me.

To me, this makes you a far more insidious threat than any Al Qaeda operative to our nation.
    if that's how you feel then so be it. I will never have any sympathy for any al qaeda member. They declared war and they got one.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-19-2012 at 01:02.

Extreme Poster

When people around the world are "labelled Al Qaeda operatives" or insurgents for that matter, they are killed immediately (usually in hordes). Interesting how these founding principles only apply to US citizens but not the rest of the world. I guess those 600k+ in Iraq were insurgents or operatives. Who knows, who cares.

PSU Technical Advisor
    @ Sufi

They're not Americans, by definition. Welcome to war. They are only protected by the various conventions (Hague, Geneva) not by the US constitution, unless they are US Citizens.

Those 600k Iraqi's are civilians and qualify as "collateral damage". I won't deny that we've bungled things pretty badly in the way we handle asymmetric warfare, but those deaths can just as easily be placed on the insurgents shoulders. It's unconventional war, give it some research some time. You may find the tactics interesting.

Nor will I say that we should have invaded Iraq. That was a fool's errand and we all too willingly went head first.

Still, this is all basically off tangent and meaningless with the present discussion.

@ Substance

Our founding fathers don't need to "live in this time" to realize that the United States government has become a monstrous aberration they never intended to spawn. They tried to enact measures that would prevent the very government we now have. This is hardly an adequate excuse, this a pathetic argument.

And the entire point of the military is to defend the US Citizenry and uphold the constitution of the United States. Not destroy its intent and smear due process all across the Yemen country side with US blood. Not to spy on US citizens without wiretaps and harvest their data (like the NSA and FBI are doing), not indefinitely detain citizens or those "suspected of terrorist activities" with no probable cause\warrant to do so. The enemy has in fact become the US government.

But naturally they'd never indict themselves, so I suppose as a carved wooden man you're fine with this and its resulting outcome.

And you may not care what Bin Laden wanted (which makes me laugh at the irony) but you are very much an integral part to his plan. A success story if I ever saw one.

You bet the majority of this country agrees with you? Pretending it did for a second- who cares? I could lecture you on the purpose of having constitution and frame of government rooted in solid values that cannot be swayed by the rabblings of mob rule and the reason why we forsook a democracy in the first place for a representative\constitutional republic. I suspect however you would reply in a similar manner as you did in regards to Bin Laden.

This is complete insanity.

Read Thoreau, Paine, and Locke.. I implore you. See for yourself what they had to say about the tyrannies of government and then look at our society now. We are not free, we are captive. We have the illusions of choice and are shackled to the federal government agenda.

Can you imagine what Jefferson would do if he realized all the hoops he would have to go through just to add some extensions to Monticello?

The government has far greater claim on our property and earnings then we do. Is this just? Is this freedom? Liberty? Or is this the actions of petty tyrants who abuse us with a clear conscience, for their labors are meant for "our own good"?

Why even have a constitution? Clearly we who live in the present know best, right? What could history possibly have to teach us.

P.S. For the record? We created many of the very same men who now seek our destruction and hate us. We ruined Iran. We supplied Iraq with chemical weapons (with which to try and wipe out Iran). We armed the Muhjadeen to halt the Soviet advance, and then proceeded to let those weapons and training be used against us.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 10-19-2012 at 01:20.

30. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    @ Sufi

They're not Americans, by definition. Welcome to war. They are only protected by the various conventions (Hague, Geneva) not by the US constitution, unless they are US Citizens.
    Of course they're not Americans. But Americans should not have double standards for value of life for others around the world. Especially if we presume to enforce our own views onto others by labeling it "freedom of speech".

Those 600k Iraqi's are civilians and qualify as "collateral damage".
    That's the problem.

but those deaths can just as easily be placed on the insurgents shoulders. It's unconventional war, give it some research some time. You may find the tactics interesting.
    That's BS. Yes, they hide in civilian homes but some of the $#@! that happened down there would've never happened, were Americans not the world police (to put it nicely). 8 out of 10 civilian deaths were due to American forces.

I've done plenty of research and know tactics from both sides.

Nor will I say that we should have invaded Iraq. That was a fool's errand and we all too willingly went head first.

Still, this is all basically off tangent and meaningless with the present discussion.
    It's off topic but I wanted to point out something interesting. Values/views get brought up when it's about Americans themselves, not when it's others. Apparently because they don't qualify as US citizens. I'm going to frame that.

Moving along.

Thread Information