Page 115 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105115125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5286
  1. #2851
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Well romney was trying hard not to be painted as George Bush. If you look at his foreign policy its actually a lot like GWB In doing so, he ended up sounding a lot like Obama lol. I think he agreed with Obama tonight more than he did the past 6 month.
    I know. That's why I said he was playing it safe. But months ago he was the total opposite.

  2. #2852
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah I also noticed that he did agree on a lot of stuff...which I could appreciate his candor for, I guess, but the amount of agreement probably did not work in his favor.
    Not at all because he basically just flip flopped again. but at this point I don't think it matters much. It probably won't move the dial for either one.

  3. #2853
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    147,866 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Doesnt matter.. whichever gets elected, we'll still be screwed.




  4. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
  5. #2854
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Doesnt matter.. whichever gets elected, we'll still be screwed.
    We'd get along good in real life. That's what i say all the time.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  6. Likes F34R likes this post
  7. #2855
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Doesnt matter.. whichever gets elected, we'll still be screwed.
    I doubt that. We will be fine under either one.

  8. #2856
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    485,163 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I doubt that. We will be fine under either one.
    I don't know about fine, we are screwed right now. We will limp along with either thats for sure.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  9. #2857
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    147,866 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I doubt that. We will be fine under either one.
    More debt, more taxes, .... .ah $#@!, the list could go on and on. I'm not sure what you consider "fine".




  10. #2858
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    More debt, more taxes, .... .ah $#@!, the list could go on and on. I'm not sure what you consider "fine".
    We aren't doomed. We will be ok. We've overcome worse in the past.

  11. #2859
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    485,163 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    We aren't doomed. We will be ok. We've overcome worse in the past.
    Such as when in history were we so many trillions in debt?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  12. #2860
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I don't know about fine, we are screwed right now. We will limp along with either thats for sure.
    We'll pull a Sony and "limp" for a while but I just hope we'll eventually do better.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  13. #2861
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Such as when in history were we so many trillions in debt?
    Probably never but its being tackled slowly but surely. It didn't get that way overnight so it will take some time to get it down.

  14. #2862
    Veteran
    Bio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Battlefield
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    8,302 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I doubt that. We will be fine under either one.
    Wow somebody is quite the optimist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

  15. #2863
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Wow somebody is quite the optimist.
    I'm glad he is though because it makes me believe a little.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  16. #2864
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    485,163 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Probably never but its being tackled slowly but surely. It didn't get that way overnight so it will take some time to get it down.
    Exactly how slowly can something be tackled before being constituted as getting worse? I'm all for optimism in dark times, but its time to realize that things are not getting better.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  17. #2865
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Wow somebody is quite the optimist.
    I remember a certain Churchill quote from one of my Ranger instructors on my first day of RIP. It goes:

    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees an opportunity in every difficulty".

    It stuck with me.

  18. Likes Silvy likes this post
  19. #2866
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,846
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    19,766 (0 Banked)
    Funny about this whole Detroit bailout issue, I don't recall Romney saying he wouldn't allow access to Federal funds, I only see him saying they should be forced into Bankruptcy (which, incidentally that's exactly what happened after numerous bailouts) rather than just be given "blank checks" directly from the tax payers. Can any of you calling him a liar provide evidence that he said he would not allow the Feds to provide funding AFTER the automakers entered bankruptcy protection? It looks to me like Romney's point is right on, if it were up to him they would have gone DIRECTLY into bankruptcy rather than bounce off the bottom with bailout after bailout.

    I do remember the Democrats though saying that they can't be allowed to go Bankrupt as no one would buy their cars.... funny thing was history was actually against them on that comment. It actually looked like Dems #1 supporters, Unions, didn't want their contracts torn up and they new they would be a big target in a bankruptcy court. So, how well did that prediction work out? No one is buying cars from GM are they.... oh wait, they are still selling plenty of cars... AMAZING!!!!
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  20. #2867
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I remember a certain Churchill quote from one of my Ranger instructors on my first day of RIP. It goes:

    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees an opportunity in every difficulty".

    It stuck with me.
    This was the quote i forgot about. plus rep for excellent usage and refreshing my memory.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  21. #2868
    Veteran
    Bio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Battlefield
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    8,302 (0 Banked)
    Great quote and I agree. I was, you know, just sayin'. I, too, hope there will be a timely recovery no matter who is in office.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

  22. Likes Silvy likes this post
  23. #2869
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,157
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    45,613 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I remember a certain Churchill quote from one of my Ranger instructors on my first day of RIP. It goes:

    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees an opportunity in every difficulty".

    It stuck with me.
    That's quite and inspiring quote


    BBK. Tapatalking

  24. #2870
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    147,866 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Funny about this whole Detroit bailout issue, I don't recall Romney saying he wouldn't allow access to Federal funds, I only see him saying they should be forced into Bankruptcy (which, incidentally that's exactly what happened after numerous bailouts) rather than just be given "blank checks" directly from the tax payers. Can any of you calling him a liar provide evidence that he said he would not allow the Feds to provide funding AFTER the automakers entered bankruptcy protection? It looks to me like Romney's point is right on, if it were up to him they would have gone DIRECTLY into bankruptcy rather than bounce off the bottom with bailout after bailout.

    I do remember the Democrats though saying that they can't be allowed to go Bankrupt as no one would buy their cars.... funny thing was history was actually against them on that comment. It actually looked like Dems #1 supporters, Unions, didn't want their contracts torn up and they new they would be a big target in a bankruptcy court. So, how well did that prediction work out? No one is buying cars from GM are they.... oh wait, they are still selling plenty of cars... AMAZING!!!!
    Bailing out the auto's was to get votes. Period. Otherwise, it would have went differently to help the country.




  25. #2871
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Such as when in history were we so many trillions in debt?
    The actual dollar amount is kind of irrelevant what really matters historically is how much proportionate debt to GDP we were at. It was far worse then it is now during WW2 for us, as an example.


  26. #2872
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    485,163 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    The actual dollar amount is kind of irrelevant what really matters historically is how much proportionate debt to GDP we were at. It was far worse then it is now during WW2 for us, as an example.
    Times were different back then, then they are now. People were more willing to make sacrifices for the good of the country, now people just want the hand outs and free stuff.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  27. #2873
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Times were different back then, then they are now. People were more willing to make sacrifices for the good of the country, now people just want the hand outs and free stuff.
    Some people are still willing to make sacrifices. The majority of people don't want hand outs and shouldn't be put in that category. The middle class is still the backbone of this country.

  28. #2874
    Apprentice
    raremew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Age
    19
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    663 (100 Banked)
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Well this year's election should be interesting, even though I cant vote. Turn 18 nov 28, by then the voting will be over. But still looks interesting...

  29. #2875
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,856 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Bailing out the auto's was to get votes. Period. Otherwise, it would have went differently to help the country.
    Maybe, but it was still the right thing to do for the people. No one else stepped up to help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.