Page 119 of 212 FirstFirst ... 109119129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5283
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I didn't post it to convince you. If you don't believe it, then that's your business. If you want it proven, go for it. You don't want to search for anything that would refute the info. That's fine with me. I'm not arguing with your stance on it. If you don't believe that Obama had support within an hour away in more than one location, and he knew that they needed help due to an attack, then by all means, don't believe it. Again, it wasn't posted on this forum to have a discussion with you about whether there was enough proof for YOU to believe it.

No. I had my magic eight ball. Wish Obama had one.
    I wish we all did.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't post it to convince you. If you don't believe it, then that's your business. If you want it proven, go for it. You don't want to search for anything that would refute the info. That's fine with me. I'm not arguing with your stance on it. If you don't believe that Obama had support within an hour away in more than one location, and he knew that they needed help due to an attack, then by all means, don't believe it. Again, it wasn't posted on this forum to have a discussion with you about whether there was enough proof for YOU to believe it.

No. I had my magic eight ball. Wish Obama had one.
    Well you are the one throwing around all your facts and accusations about the incident. I just wanna know your source since you claim the president could of done more and he just sat around while they were being killed. Those are your words not mine. I don't know what Obama was doing while this was happening and I never claimed I did. I just wanted to know where and how you become so knowledgeable on this whole thing. I just wanna know how you know what the president could have done. You talk like you were actually there in the SR.

For a person who claims not to care about politics, nor about voting, you sure don't come across that way lately. Maybe you should since you stand so strong in your convictions.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    There were troops in Italy... one hour away. Start from there. Quit asking for sources. ffs, I'm not giving YOU any links. From someone that either has been, or still is, in the military, you should be able to do the $#@!ing math.

Do a little research and you'll see that the White House officials saw it happening from a Pred drone. There are three airbases within an hour from the attack. Get a freakin' clue man. If you don't want to believe Obama could have done something, then, for sake, don't believe it, or don't agree with me. No need to continuously ask for more info when I'm not going to post it.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    In principle I agree with leaving the affairs of other nations to themselves. The issue becomes, though, what happens if the whole area goes to $#@! and oil gets cut off to the world? That's basically a worldwide economic meltdown. For everyone..

At the moment it just isn't pragmatic to yank everything out of the middle east and let it sort itself out. Not until we have alternative energy solutions ready.

It pains me to say that.
    Quite honestly, I don't buy into the notion of staying in the middle east as a matter of pragmatism. It reeks of interventionist propaganda from both liberal and neoconservative circles. (Not saying you're involved or anything.) We have enough energy sources right here within our own borders to be able to ween ourselves off said resources while we develop alternative resources. It's just that liberals and neoconservatives alike are too busy profiteering off the American people. There is really no reason for why we need to have embassies all over the world any longer. Technology makes it a moot point.

The Heisman
    Has the US ever conducted an air strike on foreign civilians rioting outside one of our embassies??

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    There were troops in Italy... one hour away. Start from there. Quit asking for sources. ffs, I'm not giving YOU any links. From someone that either has been, or still is, in the military, you should be able to do the $#@!ing math.
    my profession is not relevant.

[Do a little research and you'll see that the White House officials saw it happening from a Pred drone. There are three airbases within an hour from the attack. Get a freakin' clue man. If you don't want to believe Obama could have done something, then, for sake, don't believe it, or don't agree with me. No need to continuously ask for more info when I'm not going to post it.
    Ah, the smoking gun is the predator drone. Now I see. We have drones all over the world but it still doesn't back what you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Has the US ever conducted an air strike on foreign civilians rioting outside one of our embassies??
    Not sure if we have or not but there are still some unanswered questions about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Quite honestly, I don't buy into the notion of staying in the middle east as a matter of pragmatism. It reeks of interventionist propaganda from both liberal and neoconservative circles. (Not saying you're involved or anything.) We have enough energy sources right here within our own borders to be able to ween ourselves off said resources while we develop alternative resources. It's just that liberals and neoconservatives alike are too busy profiteering off the American people. There is really no reason for why we need to have embassies all over the world any longer. Technology makes it a moot point.
    I agree with that. Less embassies, less problems maybe.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-28-2012 at 18:28.

PSU Technical Advisor
    What energy sources though? I mean sure if we decided to "Get real" and create a huge nuclear energy infrastructure (which I would heavily support) perhaps. Maybe an oil crisis would be a catalyst for this.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It really hits home that people that are responsible to protect our nation didn't do it on that day. The Situation Room, State Department Operation Center, multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI... ALL received emails that advised them we were under attack. The emails were only 20-30 mins after the attack started. Within a couple hours, those people were advised at who the attack was coming from.

The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time - or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began - carried the subject line "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."
    The text said the State Department's regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was "under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well."
    The message continued: "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four ... personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."
    They KNEW our nation was under attack! They didn't so $#@! to help our nation.

Some more info about the embassy history there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...sador_to_Libya

Forum Sage

What energy sources though? I mean sure if we decided to "Get real" and create a huge nuclear energy infrastructure (which I would heavily support) perhaps. Maybe an oil crisis would be a catalyst for this.
    Nuclear is but one energy source. We can also develop more solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal and natural gas. (sparingly on natural gas) When it comes to nuclear though, we must not use what we originally developed for warheads. There's too much pollution with enriched weapons-grade uranium/plutonium. We need to develop thorium reactors which are clean, safe and generate far more energy. Fusion is would greatly benefit us as well. We just need to get serious about it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Nuclear is but one energy source. We can also develop more solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal and natural gas. (sparingly on natural gas) When it comes to nuclear though, we must not use what we originally developed for warheads. There's too much pollution with enriched weapons-grade uranium/plutonium. We need to develop thorium reactors which are clean, safe and generate far more energy. Fusion is would greatly benefit us as well. We just need to get serious about it.
    Thorium is a long ways off, though. Which reinforces what I'm saying. Wind and hydroelectric are also sporadic or regional only (i.e. coasts\bodies of water), and as such are not 'reliable' methods.

Fusion reactors they've been having some success with, but the projected date for a real fusion reactor is 2050 at best.

Forum Sage

Thorium is a long ways off, though. Which reinforces what I'm saying. Wind and hydroelectric are also sporadic or regional only (i.e. coasts\bodies of water), and as such are not 'reliable' methods.

Fusion reactors they've been having some success with, but the projected date for a real fusion reactor is 2050 at best.
    True; but one of the issues holding up the release date for fusion being realized sooner is the government. When you over-regulate, you stifle innovation. France is not far off from realizing fusion and China has been moving full steam ahead on thorium. It's high time the USA got its collective head out of its ass.

As for other sources, geothermal can be realized just about anywhere. You just have to dig far enough.

PSU Technical Advisor
    True; but one of the issues holding up the release date for fusion being realized sooner is the government. When you over-regulate, you stifle innovation. France is not far off from realizing fusion and China has been moving full steam ahead on thorium. It's high time the USA got its collective head out of its ass.

As for other sources, geothermal can be realized just about anywhere. You just have to dig far enough.
    We need to get our $#@! together and just plow into these energy sources like a boss. Screw petrol.

13. Likes TwentyThree, Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

We need to get our $#@! together and just plow into these energy sources like a boss. Screw petrol.
    Exactly. We're perhaps the only nation which can do it in a fast and safe manner. The best replacement for petrol though is liquid hydrogen. It's being prototyped in various states and countries. It'll satisfy the environmentalists as well as appeasing the traditional gas guzzlers. California and I believe, New Jersey, have pumps and cars in select cities.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    What's the point of that? She is no different than any other first lady.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    What's the point of that? She is no different than any other first lady.
    16 vacations in 3 years during the worst economic recession since the great depression. Yep, no different than any other first lady.

Forum Sage
    16 vacations in 3 years during the worst economic recession since the great depression. Yep, no different than any other first lady.
    So what? She is the first lady and we didn't elect her. Is that all you can come up with? She hasn't been a bad first lady IMO and neither were the ones before her. Stop playing politics dude.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    look, it seem that when all the dust is cleared and the votes are in and a new or old president is elected. The status quo will remain

and that is what the fear is
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    So what? She is the first lady and we didn't elect her. Is that all you can come up with? She hasn't been a bad first lady IMO and neither were the ones before her. Stop playing politics dude.
    I'm playing politics?

Why did she only have 1 trip this year?

Oh right, its an election year. Gotta cut back to look good.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    look, it seem that when all the dust is cleared and the votes are in and a new or old president is elected. The status quo will remain

and that is what the fear is
    And life will still go on under President Obama or President Romney. That is for sure.

22. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    And life will still go on under President Obama or President Romney. That is for sure.
    we agree.. But that is also the fear mate

you see
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    The present is not what concerns people the most, it is what effect they will have on the future.

Watch this video and tell me things are fine:

http://www.fox19.com/story/19741096/...debate-answers

or read these articles:

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...ed-2011-5?op=1

http://www.businessinsider.com/mary-...uary-24-2011-2

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    we agree.. But that is also the fear mate

you see
    That's your fear, not everyone's.

The present is not what concerns people the most, it is what effect they will have on the future.

Watch this video and tell me things are fine:

http://www.fox19.com/story/19741096/...debate-answers

or read these articles:

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...ed-2011-5?op=1

http://www.businessinsider.com/mary-...uary-24-2011-2
    I don't need to. I know we are are hurting and I know why, but we will pull through just like we always have. It won't happen overnight.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it is everyone that is not blind to the reality of whats really happening

Forum Sage
    That's your fear, not everyone's.

I don't need to. I know we are are hurting and I know why, but we will pull through just like we always have. It won't happen overnight.
    We don't even have a plan, from either side. Good luck pulling through with that strategy.

Thread Information