Page 138 of 217 FirstFirst ... 128138148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5410
  1. #3426
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,525
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,023 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The gov (all branches collectively) really need to stop bickering and get the budget done.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Without him being black or half black or whatever. He would not have come even close to winning. Probably would not have even won the first time.
    Even if Obama was white it wouldn't haven't changed the vote much, blacks typically vote democratic anyways.

  2. #3427
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,124
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,486 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why should black people be proud that a majority of them (the young voters anyway) voted for Obama because he wasn't a boring, old white guy?

    I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got a serious case of déjà vu watching Obama give his "destiny" speech last night. Felt like 2008 all over again.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-08-2012 at 00:08.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  3. #3428
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Why should black people be proud that a majority of them (the young voters anyway) voted for Obama because he wasn't a boring, old white guy?

    I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got a serious case of déjà vu watching Obama give his "destiny" speech last night. Felt like 2008 all over again.
    .. and 2016 will feel like 2012 all over again. Increased deficit, increase unemployment, etc.




  4. #3429
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No doubt blacks are proud and excited that we have a African American president, and they should be. Race is always a factor, but its not the only one. It's more about the party and their policies. If you don't believe that, then put up Herman Cain against Obama and i'll bet we will get the same results.
    No, you're wrong. If Herman Cain ran, he would have won. It would have split the black votes that Obama survived on.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  5. #3430
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Proud and excited that he's "black"? what the $#@! for?
    For getting elected to the highest office in the nation and getting reelected. For being a good role model because it helps fight negative stereotypes. It gives people more confidence to achieve what they thought they couldn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    No, you're wrong. If Herman Cain ran, he would have won. It would have split the black votes that Obama survived on.
    How? By offering free pizzas..... Herman Cain is a joke and he knew he was never going to get past the primaries........
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-08-2012 at 00:18.

  6. #3431
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post

    Even if Obama was white it wouldn't haven't changed the vote much, blacks typically vote democratic anyways.
    You can't seriously think this? If Obama was white, he would have lost. Period.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  7. #3432
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,525
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,023 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    You can't seriously think this? If Obama was white, he would have lost. Period.
    Would all the white people suddenly vote democratic if Willard was black? Seriously?

    Yeah I doubt it.

  8. #3433
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Would all the white people suddenly vote democratic if Willard was black? Seriously?

    Yeah I doubt it.
    If Mitt was black, then he would get the black votes. Regardless of what side he was on.

    If Obama was white, he would not get the black vote.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  9. #3434
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    For getting elected to the highest office in the nation and getting reelected. For being a good role model because it helps fight negative stereotypes. It gives people more confidence to achieve what they thought they couldn't.




    How? By offering free pizzas..... Herman Cain is a joke and he knew he was never going to get past the primaries........
    I guess those people don't give two $#@!s about how bad he was for the country over four years. He's black, and got elected/re, and that's all that matters to some people I guess.




  10. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  11. #3435
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I guess those people don't give two $#@!s about how bad he was for the country over four years. He's black, and got elected/re, and that's all that matters to some people I guess.
    He wasn't and isn't bad for the country. He got elected and reelected because ran better campaigns and his message resonates more with voters. Plus he is a very likable person who just happens to be black. I really don't care what his race is but this guy isn't a bad president at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    If Mitt was black, then he would get the black votes. Regardless of what side he was on.
    Then why didn't blacks vote for Jesse Jackson when he ran?

    If Obama was white, he would not get the black vote.
    Oh, he would. The republican party would make sure of that. Go ask president Clinton.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-08-2012 at 00:52.

  12. #3436
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Are you guys serious? Obama got all the black people and that why he won?

    If u think romney was a better candidate than obama then your retarded I don't think either of them were great choices but out of the two obama was the better choice simply put.

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  13. #3437
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,525
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,023 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    If Mitt was black, then he would get the black votes. Regardless of what side he was on.

    If Obama was white, he would not get the black vote.
    Blacks voting record right versus left...

    1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
    1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
    2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%

    Blacks have been the democrats most reliable voting block for about 50 years. Been that way since about '64 and the civil rights act.

    I know there are *some* black people who vote only for Obama because he's black, but that's a minority of a minority. Almost assuredly less than the amount of white people that voted for Willard solely because he's *not* black.

  14. #3438
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Also romney lost the state he used to govern that says A LOT!

    In my eyes I went with the lesser of two evils. I didn't vote for obama cause he was black and not an old white guy. However I'm sure some did but not enough to give obama that much of an edge

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  15. #3439
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    He wasn't and isn't bad for the country. He got elected and reelected because ran better campaigns and his message resonates more with voters. Plus he is a very likable person who just happens to be black. I really don't care what his race is but this guy isn't a bad president at all.




    Then why didn't blacks vote for Jesse Jackson when he ran?



    Oh, he would. The republican party would make sure of that. Go ask president Clinton.
    running a campaign doesn't do $#@! for the debt we are getting, get jobs for people, or lower the cost of heathcare... plus a multitude of other things that were spouted in the campaigning that go him elected/re. How is he likeable for increasing the problems and blinding people in that respect by saying "i did this..."?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Are you guys serious? Obama got all the black people and that why he won?

    If u think romney was a better candidate than obama then your retarded I don't think either of them were great choices but out of the two obama was the better choice simply put.
    No need to start insulting other members.




  16. #3440
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,124
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,486 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Are you guys serious? Obama got all the black people and that why he won?

    If u think romney was a better candidate than obama then your retarded I don't think either of them were great choices but out of the two obama was the better choice simply put.
    He was, yeah. But it makes you wonder what the election would have been like if the Republican party wasn't so quick to get rid of Ron Paul. How would he fair in debates, campaign ads etc.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  17. #3441
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    He wasn't and isn't bad for the country. He got elected and reelected because ran better campaigns and his message resonates more with voters. Plus he is a very likable person who just happens to be black. I really don't care what his race is but this guy isn't a bad president at all.




    Then why didn't blacks vote for Jesse Jackson when he ran?



    Oh, he would. The republican party would make sure of that. Go ask president Clinton.
    Perhaps, but not on the scale that Obama did. It was the largest turnout of black voters.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  18. #3442
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    running a campaign doesn't do $#@! for the debt we are getting, get jobs for people, or lower the cost of heathcare... plus a multitude of other things that were spouted in the campaigning that go him elected/re.
    It doesn't do $#@! for the debt. I never said it did. I was giving you my reasons as to why he got elected and reelected. And all the things you said about jobs and healthcare are inaccurate.

    How is he likeable for increasing the problems and blinding people in that respect by saying "i did this..."?
    He didn't increase problems we had. That's a bogus claim that comes from partisan politics.

  19. #3443
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    He was, yeah. But it makes you wonder what the election would have been like if the Republican party wasn't so quick to get rid of Ron Paul. How would he fair in debates, campaign ads etc.
    I think if the republican party focused on getting a better candidate instead of trying to force obama out of office they wouldve fair better in this election.

    My moron comments are towards anyone that shares that logic members non members everyone lmao

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  20. #3444
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Perhaps, but not on the scale that Obama did. It was the largest turnout of black voters.
    Maybe, but if Obama was Cain it would be a different story. They probably just wouldn't vote and it has less to do with skin color.

  21. #3445
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,526
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,956 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Wow...I think I have stated that on more than one occasion. I don't think he lacks conviction. His party led him down a road that he was inevitably going to fail.
    No, you haven't. The only thing you've ever mentioned was that Republicans don't appeal to everyone. You've never mentioned the disrespect and disregard of Republicans for Independents and Libertarians. Not once. You've also never mentioned the disrespect and disregard of Democrats for Independents and Libertarians. Not once.

    I'm not a democrat just because I supported Obama. You really need to get that out of your head. His message just resonated with me while with Romney I wasn't clear on where he stood on some important issues. I personally think Romney is a good and decent person but his biggest problem was catering to some of the extremist in his party and that was a big mistake. I still stand by my belief that Paul will never be president and it's simply because he will never gather enough support to be nominated. Plus the fact that he is pushing 80 doesn't help either.
    No. You're a closet Democrat in an Independent's clothes. Your stances on the vital issues of actual importance prove as much. Your posting is proof of it. But you're right, Paul will never be president. However, it wasn't because he was "kooky" or because his foreign policy was non-interventionist. It's because the man was disrespected, discounted and discarded by the media, GOP and Democrats alike. If you can't see that, than you've been willfully ignorant this past election. As for Paul's relevance, his message resonated with far more people than the establishment ever gave credit for. He polled better than Romney against Obama and actually beat Obama in most polls. He had the highest military contribution than all the other candidates, COMBINED. Paul was far from un-electable and deep down, you know damn well it's the truth. As for his age, at the age of 77, he is healthier than everyone else who ran. Your refusal to give due credit to the man says more about you than anything trivial you've posted and exposes you for what you really are, a closet Democrat.

  22. Likes F34R likes this post
  23. #3446
    Apprentice
    UberZman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Age
    20
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    335 (680 Banked)
    Politics are depressing...

    “Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)
    "Why not take a break? You can pause the game by pressing +." (Wii Sports)
    “It’s super effective!” (Pokemon series)

  24. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
  25. #3447
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I remember getting some flack on these forums awhile back for subscribing to aggregate polling methodology and 'high tech' trending analyzers and predictors.

    WELL, once again this is another sign that they are in fact fairly reliable:

    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...in-election#p2

    I'm not talking about the comment I made earlier concerning Romney slated to win based on some professors system he developed and used for the past 20+ some odd years*, I'm referring to the newer ones that are more robust. Specifically, (in the past situation I'm referencing) I quoted Sam Wang from Princeton. Oddly the dude's a neurosurgeon but he's pretty up to snuff with this political analysis stuff.


    *Fully admit I had just glanced that one over and just figured it had to be somewhat accurate.
    yeah that was me. Still not sure how I got my wires crossed.

    I think I must have been thinking about polling methodologies.
    "Who are you voting for" vs "Do you support the democrat government take over of healthcare"


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Blacks voting record right versus left...

    1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
    1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
    2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%

    Blacks have been the democrats most reliable voting block for about 50 years. Been that way since about '64 and the civil rights act.

    I know there are *some* black people who vote only for Obama because he's black, but that's a minority of a minority. Almost assuredly less than the amount of white people that voted for Willard solely because he's *not* black.
    I'm not even sure those figures are correct- I remember that Slick Willy got something like 92% of the black vote.

    But Mittens didn't just lose the black vote. He lost 80 PERCENT of the non-white vote. Blacks, hispanics, asians...

    He lost the female vote by double digits!

    The young vote turned out just as strong as they did in 2008... and these are the people, like me, who graduated at the bottome of the recession

    It was a sweeping victory.

    Hopefully- Moderates and Libertarians emerge from the GOP and they find a way to make the GOP a big tent party again.

    But I fear that the party leaders are going to huddle and just talk about how they wish they could have gone more crazy.

    Palin/Santorum 2016

    Hill-Dawg is lickin her chops
    Last edited by DayWalker; 11-08-2012 at 02:15.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  26. #3448
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,971
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Blacks voting record right versus left...

    1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
    1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
    1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
    2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%

    Blacks have been the democrats most reliable voting block for about 50 years. Been that way since about '64 and the civil rights act.

    I know there are *some* black people who vote only for Obama because he's black, but that's a minority of a minority. Almost assuredly less than the amount of white people that voted for Willard solely because he's *not* black.
    Hmmm, I guess I was wrong. It seems the democratic candidate always has the vast majority of the black vote.

  27. #3449
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    No, you haven't. The only thing you've ever mentioned was that Republicans don't appeal to everyone. You've never mentioned the disrespect and disregard of Republicans for Independents and Libertarians. Not once. You've also never mentioned the disrespect and disregard of Democrats for Independents and Libertarians. Not once.
    I have stated on more than one occasion that Paul's biggest problem is the republican party. You were just caught up in all the Ron Paulness to notice.You don't have to believe it but it's true. As far as as Democrats disregarding him. Can you blame them. The guy was never a threat to them because of the reason I gave already.(they knew he would never get anywhere because he wasn't extreme enough)



    [No. You're a closet Democrat in an Independent's clothes. Your stances on the vital issues of actual importance prove as much. Your posting is proof of it. But you're right, Paul will never be president. However, it wasn't because he was "kooky" or because his foreign policy was non-interventionist. It's because the man was disrespected, discounted and discarded by the media, GOP and Democrats alike. If you can't see that, than you've been willfully ignorant this past election. As for Paul's relevance, his message resonated with far more people than the establishment ever gave credit for. He polled better than Romney against Obama and actually beat Obama in most polls. He had the highest military contribution than all the other candidates, COMBINED. Paul was far from un-electable and deep down, you know damn well it's the truth. As for his age, at the age of 77, he is healthier than everyone else who ran. Your refusal to give due credit to the man says more about you than anything trivial you've posted and exposes you for what you really are, a closet Democrat.
    I know why paul didn't get elected and never will. You need to get over the fact that not enough people care. You see how that Paul thread you created turned out right? Its time for you to get over it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-08-2012 at 02:24.

  28. #3450
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!



    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  29. Likes $Greatness$ , Sub-stance1 likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.