Latest PSU headlines:

Page 142 of 212 FirstFirst ... 132142152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5277
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not sure I would support a Biden bid for the presidency. (although that probably depends on who the GOP trots out there)

But from all accounts he has been a tireless worker as VP and was well respected for his work in the senate.

Granted- he makes some off the cuff remarks that make you shake your head... (ie Obama is a nice clean African American)... but he has been a tireless advocate for the middle class.

you don't see much of that from either party in Congress these days

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    So, my opinion is that Biden is a clown, your response was that the election wasn't about Biden. Cool, well that had nothing to do with what I said.
    You know what they say about opinions. You were the one who brought him up.

Again, I make statement X about Biden, you say "Yeah, well you can't make statement Y about him", I respond "I never said Y about him?", you respond, "Yeah, because you can't"..... LOL come on man.
    Yep, you say what what you want but we've heard it all before. Dead horse man. Biden this Biden that.

]LOL.... to each his own!
    yep.

Well, he's here for 4 more years, it deserved repeating.
    So did me bringing up Palin.

Is your outlook on everything set it stone, is your world view in a state of constancy or do you allow it to change?
    My outlook is that people will still be upset because Obama won. Looks like i'm right.

You do your screen name justice with this one!
    yea I know it burns when you have to eat crow. Just get over it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    I'm not sure I would support a Biden bid for the presidency. (although that probably depends on who the GOP trots out there)

But from all accounts he has been a tireless worker as VP and was well respected for his work in the senate.

Granted- he makes some off the cuff remarks that make you shake your head... (ie Obama is a nice clean African American)... but he has been a tireless advocate for the middle class.

That's a fact but people choose to focus on petty stuff like politicians making gaffes is something new. He is a good VP. That's what people care about.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-09-2012 at 18:22.

Veteran

DW,

First of all, let me say thank you for a thoughtful response.

I am sure there are some GOP candidates that would be worse than Biden, no doubt about it.

You might be right about Biden and the work he's done, that's great as a senator, his antics just seem to be a little too divisive for a leadership position like he's in, and I would hate to have a President act like him. For instance, the Ryan/Biden debate, the guy was outright rude through much of the debate and displayed a complete lack of respect for Paul Ryan. Maybe he truly feels that way, which is fine, but people won't be very willing to work with you when you act like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You know what they say about opinions. You were the one who brought him up.
    Yeah, it's not your opinion I take issue with, it's your inability to respond to something. What you do consistently is respond with something that irrelevant to the initial post. In general, if you can't at least post something relevant to the topic at hand, it's best to not post anything.

Yep, you say what what you want but we've heard it all before. Dead horse man. Biden this Biden that.
    See above, classic example of no relevance to the initial post.

So did me bringing up Palin.
    LOL, yeah SHE'S relevant alright! Sarah who?

My outlook is that people will still be upset because Obama won. Looks like i'm right.
    No kidding... so you are saying that the people that didn't vote for him might be upset that he won? Huh, that's never been the case in prior election, no one was ever upset when Bush won, or when Clinton won, or when Bush won before him.... all the voters, regardless of who they voted for.... were happy.

Now that you bring this new information to light, your right, it does looks like some people that didn't support Obama are upset that the guy they supported lost! That's crazy! Thank for bringing that to my attention, not sure what I would have done without your wisdom.

And again, your response, as usual, avoided the question... that's OK though, that's just how you roll!

yea I know it burns when you have to eat crow. Just get over it dude.
    Do you know what "eating crow" is? If so, how am I "eating crow"?

That's a fact but people choose to focus on petty stuff like politicians making gaffes is something new. He is a good VP. That's what people care about.
    ROFL!!! "People choose to focus on petty stuff like politicians making gaffes".... Pot, meet kettle!

You are too much man!
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 11-09-2012 at 18:53.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    DW,

First of all, let me say thank you for a thoughtful response.

I am sure there are some GOP candidates that would be worse than Biden, no doubt about it.

You might be right about Biden and the work he's done, that's great as a senator, his antics just seem to be a little too divisive for a leadership position like he's in, and I would hate to have a President act like him. For instance, the Ryan/Biden debate, the guy was outright rude through much of the debate and displayed a complete lack of respect for Paul Ryan. Maybe he truly feels that way, which is fine, but people won't be very willing to work with you when you act like that.
    Yea, like this is the first time you've heard me or him say that about Biden. It's old dude.

Yeah, it's not your opinion I take issue with, it's your inability to respond to something. What you do consistently is respond with something that irrelevant to the initial post. In general, if you can't at least post something relevant to the topic at hand, it's best to not post anything.
    Then do yourself a favor and use the ignore feature. You say my post is irrelevant but you can came in and put Biden into a conversation that no one was talking about, but when someone else disagrees with you, you take issue.

See above, classic example of no relevance to the initial post.
    And you bringing up Biden and trying to change the reality of this election is also a classic example. Typical of most people in this thread to avoid what really happened this past Tuesday.

LOL, yeah SHE'S relevant alright! Sarah who?
    never said she was. But it's ok for you to go back and reference something Biden said in 2007? Dude please.

No kidding... so you are saying that the people that didn't vote for him might be upset that he won? Huh, that's never been the case in prior election, no one was ever upset when Bush won, or when Clinton won, or when Bush won before him.... all the voters, regardless of who they voted for.... were happy.
    So you get upset when i talk about Palin and she isn't relevant, but now you wanna bring up Bush. You don't wanna go back there.

Now that you bring this new information to light, your right, it does looks like some people that didn't support Obama are upset that the guy they supported lost! That's crazy! Thank for bringing that to my attention, not sure what I would have done without your wisdom.
    It looks like? That's an understatement. I'm only doing what others would be doing if Obama lost. Don't try to play like you were neutral in this whole thing. Very few people in this thread supported Obama and you were right along with others who tried to discredit everything he did the past 4 years. You are butt hurt just like the rest of them. That's why you brought up Biden in the first place.

[And again, your response, as usual, avoided the question... that's OK though, that's just how you roll!
    I'm not avoiding anything. But I'm sure as hell are gonna rub it in a bit that he won every now and then. You better get used to it.

Do you know what "eating crow" is? If so, how am I "eating crow"?
    You are but you are in denial. Don't try to come here and pretend because you aren't fooling me.

ROFL!!! "People choose to focus on petty stuff like politicians making gaffes".... Pot, meet kettle!

You are too much man!
    Yea , I'm too much. You seem to be a person who can dish it out but you're not so good at taking it when its thrown back.

Obama won the election dude. You and others can keep bringing up stuff like Biden and Paul but it won't change the result. You can't bring yourself to say that Obama ran a brilliant campaign and is just a better campaigner. You can't bring yourself to give him any credit. It's basically the same old story just like the last 2 years.

The Heisman
    Wow.

Patreaus resigns after stepping out on his wife...

Didn't see that one coming.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

6. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Wow.

Patreaus resigns after stepping out on his wife...

Didn't see that one coming.
    Holly $#@!. Damn officers
    Right thing to do though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Now that the election is over, does one of you want to create a general Politics thread?

9. Likes Sub-stance1, Valefor likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Better start in on the 2016 thread.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ultimate Veteran
    We could just edit the thread title, I think.

12. Likes MATRIX 2 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    We could just edit the thread title, I think.
    A wise decision.

Just changed the title. If you guys want it changed to something else, let me know.

Elephants VS Donkeys?

weskurtz VS sub-stance?

Go Away Engage?

14. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Go Away Engage?
    This will be the subtitle.

EDIT: I'm just kidding. He doesn't need the attention.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-09-2012 at 21:32.

Veteran
    Yea, like this is the first time you've heard me or him say that about Biden. It's old dude.
    There you go again, raising hell about something that I never said/typed. "It's old dude"

Then do yourself a favor and use the ignore feature. You say my post is irrelevant but you can came in and put Biden into a conversation that no one was talking about, but when someone else disagrees with you, you take issue.
    If you follow our exchange, you will see, it wasn't the fact that you disagreed with me, I have no problem with that, it's how you choose to not respond to my actual statement (unlike what DW did in the post I responded to) but twist what I said by creating a straw man. Prime example would be when you said "You can't call him a loser" when I never even insinuated that I thought he was a loser, where the hell did that even come from?

It's a lot easier to have a conversation with someone when they respond in a way that's coherent, and I would love for nothing more for you to be able to do that, but you regularly go off on a tangent.

And you bringing up Biden and trying to change the reality of this election is also a classic example. Typical of most people in this thread to avoid what really happened this past Tuesday.
    Prime example of a tangent right here... I never did anything to "change" the reality of the election. I simply expressed my concerns with the VP like I did last time the guy was one step away from the Presidency. As long as he stays VP, my problems with him are somewhat limited, I just wouldn't want him to be in the oval office.

never said she was. But it's ok for you to go back and reference something Biden said in 2007? Dude please.
    The comment was merely an example, one of many, that could have been used in that post. The point is, Palin is LONG GONE, Biden is the VP... one is irrelevant, the other isn't. Again, the comment was simply an example of something that the RELEVANT person said, one example of many.

So you get upset when i talk about Palin and she isn't relevant, but now you wanna bring up Bush. You don't wanna go back there.
    Ok, again, that comment had absolutely nothing to do with Bush, Clinton, or Bush before him, it was a reference to the FACT that it's human nature to be upset when "your" guy doesn't get elected. You aren't Nostro_Sub-stance1 because you figured out people that didn't vote for Obama would be upset that he won!

Bouncing ball... try and follow.

It looks like? That's an understatement. I'm only doing what others would be doing if Obama lost. Don't try to play like you were neutral in this whole thing. Very few people in this thread supported Obama and you were right along with others who tried to discredit everything he did the past 4 years. You are butt hurt just like the rest of them. That's why you brought up Biden in the first place.
    Playing like I was neutral? Not sure what gives you that idea, I didn't support Obama, didn't vote for Romney either. Not sure what you guys do in the Army, but my butt doesn't hurt, just a little disappointed in the outcome. It never looked like Romney was going to win to me as I was following the 538 blog (thanks DW), so I wasn't surprised. Also, I didn't discredit everything he did, just the things I largely disagreed with, I even gave him credit when it was due!

I'm not avoiding anything. But I'm sure as hell are gonna rub it in a bit that he won every now and then. You better get used to it.
    LOL, I guess I just assume your inability to respond in a coherent manner was avoidance, maybe you really can't help it. Sorry if I assumed facts not in evidence.

You are but you are in denial. Don't try to come here and pretend because you aren't fooling me.
    Ok, so eating crow is being humiliated after being proven wrong.... So, in order to be humiliated I must have first been proven wrong at something, so please (do your best) explain to me, what exactly did I take a strong stance on and subsequently get proven wrong about?

Yea , I'm too much. You seem to be a person who can dish it out but you're not so good at taking it when its thrown back.
    LOL, again, you didn't even understand the reference (IE- Pot meet kettle). That's OK man, now that I understand you better, I won't hold it against you.

Obama won the election dude. You and others can keep bringing up stuff like Biden and Paul but it won't change the result. You can't bring yourself to say that Obama ran a brilliant campaign and is just a better campaigner. You can't bring yourself to give him any credit. It's basically the same old story just like the last 2 years.
    Wait, that's all you want to hear? Obama was/is the better campaigner and ran a strong campaign? Even though it's painfully obvious that his campaign was superior, that's what you are looking for as some sort of concession?

Ok man, I admit it, Romney was out campaigned by the superior campaigner!!! LOL.

LOL man, I never said he didn't run a strong campaign and I never disagreed with anyone that said he ran a strong campaign. These trips down the rabbit hole with you are a lot of work, but they certainly are entertaining.

Forum Sage

You gotta watch yourself with closet democrats like Sub-stance1 if you post on here, weskurtz81. Notice how he hasn't refuted any of the questions I asked him? All he wants to hear is, "Obama is good, Obama is great, we thank him for our daily bread" In his mind's eye, Obama is god and as such, he could never ever do any wrong. It's just how he rolls. Some people like to pretend they're independents or not affiliated with one party or another but at the end of the day, they're either closet democrats or closet republicans.

I expect him to actually respond to this very post with something like the following.

"Dude. Paul lost cause he's un-electable. You and the rest of the Paulites, Paulbots, Paulnuts, Paulness, kooky libertarians are just gonna have to accept that you lost. Paul will never be president because.. well... he just can't."

Veteran
    Good ole Engage, PSU must be your form of crack, buddy.... put the pipe down and seek help. There are plenty of forums out there, I'm sure there's one out there that you be a great fit for, unfortunately this just isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    You gotta watch yourself with closet democrats like Sub-stance1 if you post on here, weskurtz81. Notice how he hasn't refuted any of the questions I asked him? All he wants to hear is, "Obama is good, Obama is great, we thank him for our daily bread" In his mind's eye, Obama is god and as such, he could never ever do any wrong. It's just how he rolls. Some people like to pretend they're independents or not affiliated with one party or another but at the end of the day, they're either closet democrats or closet republicans.

I expect him to actually respond to this very post with something like the following.

"Dude. Paul lost cause he's un-electable. You and the rest of the Paulites, Paulbots, Paulnuts, Paulness, kooky libertarians are just gonna have to accept that you lost. Paul will never be president because.. well... he just can't."
    What's funny about all this is, I may not agree with DW, but the two of us can have an adult discussion and simply disagree with each other's views. I thought some time away from Sub-stance would help, but here we are again, I say one thing and he responds as if my comment was something totally different.

Also, although I think Romney would have been better than Obama (albeit might not have been MUCH better), I didn't think he was the best option, hence the reason I voted for neither of the two front runners.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 11-09-2012 at 22:36.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    A wise decision.

Just changed the title. If you guys want it changed to something else, let me know.

Elephants VS Donkeys?

weskurtz VS sub-stance?

Go Away Engage?
    Sub-stance1 vs. Everyone

(nah I like all you guys in here, I swear)
    Last edited by Bio; 11-10-2012 at 00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

The Heisman
    Hey

what the $#@! is wrong with the state of Florida???
    Why are they always trying to $#@! up elections? Collecting and counting votes SHOULD NOT be this difficult.

You got Cali and new york done counting their votes 2 hours after polls close (hyperbole)... Florida takes a week. smh

And can we all now fess up and admit that trying to prevent early voting is $#@!ed up?
    Looking at the long lines in Florida and in other states... it seems pretty clear that contracting the voting period disenfranchises voters.

Here is colorado... almost 50% of registered voters had votes before tuesday.
    I think that figure was like 70% in Nevada.

And our voter population is miniscule when compared to Florida.
    I hope the states take action to protect voters in the next four years.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    Florida is an interesting contradiction due to its demographic. Alot of fairly well off retired old, white people from other states and a bunch of urbanites and minorities who were born and raised there.

Imo if it were just natural born city dwellers or just old people it'd concretely swing one way or another.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    They hire OLD people to count threads like 60+ that's a factor lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    The voting is fixed. Florida can count for the next decade and it wouldn't matter. The Bilderburg group decided a while ago what time it is. And them boys said Obama. Period. End of story.

None the less I did find valuable entertainment in Fox News being SOOOOOO salty. I mean, them boys are so sour it was actually pathetic after 10 minutes.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    The voting is fixed. Florida can count for the next decade and it wouldn't matter. The Bilderburg group decided a while ago what time it is. And them boys said Obama. Period. End of story.

None the less I did find valuable entertainment in Fox News being SOOOOOO salty. I mean, them boys are so sour it was actually pathetic after 10 minutes.
    my local fox station was a joke. IDK if Devious gets Fox 4 as well(prob not because he Orlando) but man when Conney Mack lost and they interview winner and the guy said "I don't know why you guys bother with him he doesn't live here" the broadcaster said "because we have to unfortunately" lol. I mean come on tell us how you really feel lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    my local fox station was a joke. IDK if Devious gets Fox 4 as well(prob not because he Orlando) but man when Conney Mack lost and they interview winner and the guy said "I don't know why you guys bother with him he doesn't live here" the broadcaster said "because we have to unfortunately" lol. I mean come on tell us how you really feel lol.
    Awww grade A news cast lmao

Na bro I have fox 35 in orlando

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    There are idiots right now as i type petitioning to secede from the union via the petition function Obama added to the white house. Texas is getting close to 35K petition signatures meaning the govt. will likely have to issue a response since 35K is the threshold for the govt. to review the petition. I can't believe their are people who earnestly believe they can separate and still be viable. I hope this is merely symbolic protest against obama, but i am inclined to believe there are some who actually want to leave the Union.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

PSU Technical Advisor
    I think it would be disastrous for everyone involved, probably, but I don't see how they technically can't do it. In fact, didn't Texas come into the union with the agreement that they could secede in the future if they so deemed?

So for them in particular I believed it was possible.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I think it would be disastrous for everyone involved, probably, but I don't see how they technically can't do it. In fact, didn't Texas come into the union with the agreement that they could secede in the future if they so deemed?

So for them in particular I believed it was possible.
    that is my point. it is technically possible but not viable at all. It would be a giant mess. trying to detangle federal govt. from any state not to mention how it would completely change the immigration debate. or how texas would basically import everything....cluster$#@!

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Read about it, looks like it's more to do with the White Houses online petition form than any state actually requesting to secede from the nation. Apparently, some of the signatures for Texas aren't even residents of the state. Hell, looking at the site it looks like anyone can start a petition. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised only 35K people have "signed" it, I bet now it will increase considering the attention it's been receiving.

As far as Texas's ability to survive on its own as a country, it would probably do just fine. The rest of the US would probably be negatively impacted, but I think both would ultimately be just fine if they parted ways. It would certainly be a mess to get it all sorted out, but beyond that we'd all survive.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 11-13-2012 at 01:42.

Thread Information