Latest PSU headlines:

Page 143 of 212 FirstFirst ... 133143153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 5277
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    well it is a good opportunity here. We can make all sides happy. Sell Texas back to mexico and solve teh debt problem .

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    well it is a good opportunity here. We can make all sides happy. Sell Texas back to mexico and solve teh debt problem .
    LOL, don't think Texan's would sign off on that deal, but it would be a good way to get Mexico cleaned up!
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Veteran
    There are idiots right now as i type petitioning to secede from the union via the petition function Obama added to the white house. Texas is getting close to 35K petition signatures meaning the govt. will likely have to issue a response since 35K is the threshold for the govt. to review the petition. I can't believe their are people who earnestly believe they can separate and still be viable. I hope this is merely symbolic protest against obama, but i am inclined to believe there are some who actually want to leave the Union.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Why is everyone so pissed (I hope there is more going on here than just the nonsense from the ugly side of old white american culture)? More importantly, what is Texas gonna do? Can Texas even sustain itself? It's not like it will be better off from what I can tell. Pretty sure it's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Bio; 11-13-2012 at 02:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Texas has a fairly robust economy, actually.

The real issue would be one of debt and currency imo. What currency would the state(s) use? For that matter, how does the federal government deal with its ballooning debt if several states (and thus, a huge portion of the tax base) just up and leave? U.S. dollar becomes worthless, economies across the planet tank, federal government would basically be dissolved or forcibly invade the states...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the federal government get its sh!t smacked pretty hard because I hate them. But this seems like a lose-lose situation. It'd only really 'work' if the vast majority of the states agreed to leave together, forge a confederacy\constitutional republic and lay out specifics concerning commerce and currency. Federal government would wither and rot away (huzzah) or fight, but the economic issue wouldn't go away. It'd be bad news for all parties involved, at least on the short term. Europe, China, US, Canada..

Veteran
    What about the current Texans? It's not like most of them even want to secede. :/

I guess they'd have to move.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    What about the current Texans? It's not like most of them even want to secede. :/

I guess they'd have to move.
    Well, none of us are really the process would entail, but I am sure it wouldn't happen unless it was largely supported by the populace.

Economically, Texas is one of the few state that could pull it off and be fine, but there are so many other issues beyond the state economy it's hard to know how it would turn out.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Think cooperation is possible? This article lays out a pretty good road map IMO

http://issuu.com/thirdway/docs/third...olor=%23222222

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    So Europe is $#@!ed
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    So Europe is $#@!ed
    Care to elaborate?

Forum Sage

Care to elaborate?
    He means, without American military might, Europe has to increase military spending and thus, go further into debt.

PSU Technical Advisor
    It is my aim to accomplish that anyway. So Europe better get it's $#@! together before more and more people like me crop up in the US.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    honestly it doesn't matter if we would sell texas, the USA would just go back into dept with how it's currently being run. so selling a state would be completely pointless. also, lol @ states threatening, honestly, that is nothing more then again, cry baby diaper wearing idiots.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    honestly it doesn't matter if we would sell texas, the USA would just go back into dept with how it's currently being run. so selling a state would be completely pointless. also, lol @ states threatening, honestly, that is nothing more then again, cry baby diaper wearing idiots.
    I agree with that statement - regardless of who may have won.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Well, this should be setting off alarm bells in all of us. No matter how small.

http://www.fema.gov/news-release/nat...sponse-service

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.co...nd-youth/23898

It's no secret that these guys are becoming more and more empowered. They're basically foot soldiers...

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

It's no secret that these guys are becoming more and more empowered. They're basically foot soldiers...
    Well, with closet democrats and neoconservative progressive-liberals, this is the coolest thing ever. Or at least, nothing to be alarmed about. Me, on the other hand, I'd like to take a crack at these young assholes.

Veteran
    Yeah, about that...is this because of that recent Anti-Islamic video threatening what may happen in the future?

They graduated back in October, so I'm curious to know why it wasn't a hot-button topic.
    Last edited by Bio; 11-16-2012 at 04:05.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

ah flashbacks to 2008 when y'all were all worked up about "Obama's youth"

ie that volunteer service that awarded young people in state college tuition for 2 years of service.

...course I suppose that program didn't necessarily arm the volunteers...

from the article
    The first problem one finds with this ‘new army’ is the fact that they are mere children. Yes, 18 is generally the legal age a person can sign a contract, join the military or be tried as an adult. But ask any parent – an 18, 20 or even a 24 year-old is still a naïve, readily-influenced kid.
    This is just great argument right here. Sure they are the same age as volunteers in our normal military... buuuuuuut....
    Last edited by DayWalker; 11-16-2012 at 04:27.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    But they operate on US Soil. =/

That's bad. I dunno man, I really don't see how this is kosher.

Veteran
    So, Hostess is liquidating assets, thank you labor union!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    So, Hostess is liquidating assets, thank you labor union!
    Union really stepped in it this time. Hostess was already bankrupt, what did they think they were gonna get. Sad part is, only a portion of the hostess labor force was striking so they cost more people their jobs than just their own.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    GJ unions. guess people are not happy making $30 an hour to press a button. Greed got the best and I feel sorry for those who didn't strike, and glad those that did got whats coming to them. Enjoy unemployment caused by your own greed.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    GJ unions. guess people are not happy making $30 an hour to press a button. Greed got the best and I feel sorry for those who didn't strike, and glad those that did got whats coming to them. Enjoy unemployment caused by your own greed.
    Not 30 dollars, prob closer to 12 or 14 but yes they really did muck it up.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Not 30 dollars, prob closer to 12 or 14 but yes they really did muck it up.
    Yeah this is a prime example of why companies outsource everything. Most of the things Unions originally stood for(child labor, long hours, no break, no over time, etc) are now all laws. Now it is mostly the same fat cats unions wanted to fight against that are running the unions.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Thread Information