http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Here's the debt clock:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    But Rachel Maddow said the debt is dropping.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    But Rachel Maddow said the debt is dropping.
    LOL Rachel Maddow is your answer right there. She is so far in Obama's pocket she is getting bruises from his quarters. Debt is not dropping in the slightest. Not only is debt increasing, but the rate at which it is increasing is increasing.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So with walmart cutting employee hours, papa johns doing same, dennys doing same and charging 5% surcharge to customers how is obamacare working out for everyone?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So with walmart cutting employee hours, papa johns doing same, dennys doing same and charging 5% surcharge to customers how is obamacare working out for everyone?
    I just had a meeting last week. Corp. office for my company wants us to cut all employees down to 30 hrs so we don't have to pay em insurance. Just not enough money to pay penalty or pony up the money for the insurance. Now 4/5ths of the employees work fewer than 30 hrs anyway, but it is going to impact the dept. heads who are full time/benefits and not just regular worker who is college/high school.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I just had a meeting last week. Corp. office for my company wants us to cut all employees down to 30 hrs so we don't have to pay em insurance. Just not enough money to pay penalty or pony up the money for the insurance. Now 4/5ths of the employees work fewer than 30 hrs anyway, but it is going to impact the dept. heads who are full time/benefits and not just regular worker who is college/high school.
    America...$#@! yeah???? Least with this biden hasent a snow ball chance is hell of geting elected next term unless they pull obamacare away.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    So, Hostess is liquidating assets, thank you labor union!
    i dont think ive ever has a twinkie...

win for healthcare system

=================

re: faux news
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...-best-of-times
    hilarious

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

As long as the ACA is in place, I will be exercising civil disobedience. I just may end up in prison for this.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    As long as the ACA is in place, I will be exercising civil disobedience. I just may end up in prison for this.
    all talk. just like the rest of them.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

10. Likes Yuuichi likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    all talk. just like the rest of them.
    Until it's not. Nice try on your generalizations and labeling of others who don't agree with you into one group. Real mature.

Veteran
    Damn... these guys are civil!

Hamas supporter dragging a Palestinian Israeli informant through the streets.

Last edited by weskurtz81; 11-21-2012 at 16:18.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

PSU Technical Advisor
    There can only be one real solution to the Palestine\Israel problem and I think pretty much everyone knows what it is.

The Palestinians have no legitimate claim to that land- no more then the Jews do. It has traded hands so many times over history that its laughably naive to pretend one side is more 'just' then the other. Furthermore, nobody really cares about the Palestinians. The other neighboring countries only use them as a reason to further hate Israel, and refuses to substantially aid them in any meaningful way- because it'd just be a bother for them.

At this point, might makes right. And only one side has a monopoly on force.

For the sake of peace, the Gaza strip just needs to be conquered.

For the record: Both sides are assholes.

14. Likes Beast of Bourbon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Personally I think Israel should bomb those who threaten to take that land. if it's Israels land, they have a right to defend it as they see fit and if the enemy is going to use human shields, just blow them all up. It's not evil to think that way, the evil relies on those using human shields. just bomb and shoot the crap out of them.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Can anyone give me a good reason why the US supports Israel?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Can anyone give me a good reason why the US supports Israel?
    Decent starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%...ates_relations

PSU Technical Advisor
    Also, Christians believe Israel are God's chosen people.. And in Revelations Israel once again becomes a nation subsequently rebuilds the temple.

This is a huge sign of the end of days.

Dedicated Member

The Heisman

Irony alert: Mitt Romney's final vote tally nears 47 percent
    http://theweek.com/article/index/236...ars-47-percent

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Also, Christians believe Israel are God's chosen people.. And in Revelations Israel once again becomes a nation subsequently rebuilds the temple.

This is pretty much the reason. Christians will always attempt to protect Israel.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This is a pretty good article on the USA's support. The bold part is basically what it comes down to.

To preservationists and die-hard patriots, Israel represents the “only bastion” of democracy within the Middle East. To some it is the beacon of light and land of opportunity surrounded by tyrannical darkness, drawing parallels with America itself in her infancy. Another Holocaust could take place with “scores of Arabs” declaring to give their lives in order to kill every Jewish man, woman and child that resides in Israel. These reasons are succinct and real enough to various Jewish and Christian Zionist organisations who feel it could happen and provide the foundation to allow support for the tiny strip of land in the Middle East in various capacities.

This is fantasy. To realists none of the reasons cited give credence to why the United States still supports Israel within the mainframe of “realpolitik.” The United States couldn’t give a flying horse whether Israel was a democracy or a dictatorship. You only have to look at its track record in supporting tyrants within the region: Israel has consistently supported of King Abdullah of Jordan, and the recently removed Hosni Mubarak of Egypt for nigh on thirty years.

But I digress. America couldn’t be bothered if another holocaust took place either. The genocide of Rwanda, the extermination of indigenous tribes at the hands of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, America hardly batted an eyelid about these. The United States was even guilty of directly participation in Latin America under Reagan’s presidency of mass killings to protect American corporate interests are. So, clearly protecting Israeli civilians because they do not want to see another extermination take place is hardly a clear cut reason for it still supporting Israel.

What purpose does supporting Israel still serve the United States? Israel certainly helped provide a barricade against Communism during the Cold War and proved to be a staunch ally. One could make the argument it offers a launch pad against any detractors in the Middle East, especially since Israel possesses over three hundred nuclear bombs itself. There are of course America’s oil interests to be aware of, which converge with Israel’s own energy interests. They all, however, offer little incentive to continue supporting Israel when compared to the risks that this support brings to America’s strategic interests, particularly within the region.

The United States exacerbates the threat from Islamic fundamentalists as it constantly favours Israel during peace negotiations with the Palestinians. This was a prominent reason behind Osama Bin Laden attacking New York and is also the cause of much angst in the Muslim world towards the United States. Israel receives billions in US aid, especially in military hardware, which has been documented countless times as being used against the Palestinians during the war in Gaza in 2008. It also strains American relations with Arab despots desperately clinging to power at the expense of their own populations. Arab tyrants who are seen being friendly with Washington risk angst from their own people because of the mistreatment of the Palestinians.

In addition to this, being such vociferous protagonists at the behest of the Israelis has only damaged American prestige in the free world. Many states look upon the US as hypocrites as they promote the virtues of democracy and human rights yet remain unconcerned about Israelis’ maltreatment of the Palestinians on a daily basis. It begs the question why the world’s superpower is willing to support such a small client state that has little to no benefits at all for itself particularly at a time when preservation is the name of the game?

The negative effects attached to befriending Israel clearly outweigh the cons. If America was to cut Israel loose there would be no major loss in regards to trade or major resources. Cutting aid to Israel would be a plus-point: friendlier relations with the Muslim world would come about, and America could go about securing its own oil interests without them being hamstrung by Israel.

So why support Israel when it makes both political and economic sense not to? Israel can protect itself, has a flourishing economy and can deal with any outright threat in its own way as previous wars have demonstrated. The answer lays in a complex mechanism that consists of various components that have almost coerced American governments since the 1970s into being blind sheep for the sake of Israel.

Serious lobbying via the likes of AIPAC (American Israeli Public Affairs Committee) has played the most influential role in this regard. Their ability to raise vast sums of cash to buy political power has had Senators and House of Representatives dancing to their tunes. Christian Zionist organisations who believe in the “end of days” occurring in Israel have also had a profound outcome via their own lobbying abilities. Boasting tens of millions of followers, Evangelical Christians have proved to be a pertinent force in restricting American administrations from playing an even handed approach in the peace process. Figures such as John Hagee and Pat Robertson can pay testament to that fact, particularly when George Bush Jr. was in office. The media has also had a significant role to play in shaping discourse.

Continually carrying the can for the Israelis may confuse some but when analysed in depth you can see how all of this has amalgamated into going against the United States own interests. Yet impressively the trend has yet to be bucked and may continue to go in Israel’s favour as their impressive lobbying maintains unhindered support from America.
    http://politicsontoast.com/2011/11/2...upport-israel/

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

One thing that is often over looked in the end of days is there will be two full years of peace on earth. That is EVERYONE not fighting. When that happens I will panic lol.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Papa Johns caved and announced it will offer health insurance to employees. Consequences. The power of the consumer strikes again.

Miqo'te Bard
    Papa Johns caved and announced it will offer health insurance to employees. Consequences. The power of the consumer strikes again.

Good I am glad. Dennys will prob cave next. Walmart doubt it they do not care about customers or employes, yet people still shop there,their customers are like that girl that always goes back to her abusive bf or some reason(most of their customers anyways).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Good I am glad. Dennys will prob cave next. Walmart doubt it they do not care about customers or employes, yet people still shop there,their customers are like that girl that always goes back to her abusive bf or some reason(most of their customers anyways).
    Walmart's business model is basically the mafia. they will $#@! you up. There is a documentary from PBS (maybe) i saw online i'll try to locate that details how they operate...jesus. It's why I don't shop there. If i'll find it i'll make sure to link it up but its been 3 years so this might be a needle/haystack scenario.

EDIT: Hot damn i just won the internet...pulled the title out of my ass and it was the right one.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

Miqo'te Bard
    Walmart's business model is basically the mafia. they will $#@! you up. There is a documentary from PBS (maybe) i saw online i'll try to locate that details how they operate...jesus. It's why I don't shop there. If i'll find it i'll make sure to link it up but its been 3 years so this might be a needle/haystack scenario.
    there is a doc on them, "Walmart:The high cost of low prices." It was very informative and is on netflix.

Thread Information