Latest PSU headlines:

Page 145 of 209 FirstFirst ... 135145155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 5219
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Walmart's business model is basically the mafia. they will **** you up. There is a documentary from PBS (maybe) i saw online i'll try to locate that details how they operate...jesus. It's why I don't shop there. If i'll find it i'll make sure to link it up but its been 3 years so this might be a needle/haystack scenario.

EDIT: Hot damn i just won the internet...pulled the title out of my ass and it was the right one.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/
    They'll stick it up your ass and pull the ****ing trigger until it goes "click".

"you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

2. Likes PS4freak , Ixion likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    They'll stick it up your ass and pull the ****ing trigger until it goes "click".

you don't **** with the jesus man.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    So, Michigan is becoming a right to work state, good for them! It's pretty funny that unions are so against a measure that's gives workers freedom of choice...

In other news, Jamie Foxx while discussing his new movie "Django Unchained", said the following:

"I play a slave. How black is that? And in the movie I had to wear chains. How whack is that? But don't be worried about it because I get out the chains, I get free, I save my wife, and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that? And how black is that?"

Really? Really? Again.... REALLY?! He's a great actor, but I'm not sure if I will pay to watch anymore of his movies after that Freudian slip.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So, Michigan is becoming a right to work state, good for them! It's pretty funny that unions are so against a measure that's gives workers freedom of choice...

In other news, Jamie Foxx while discussing his new movie "Django Unchained", said the following:

"I play a slave. How black is that? And in the movie I had to wear chains. How whack is that? But don't be worried about it because I get out the chains, I get free, I save my wife, and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that? And how black is that?"

Really? Really? Again.... REALLY?! He's a great actor, but I'm not sure if I will pay to watch anymore of his movies after that Freudian slip.

That was from his opening skit for snl....Don't know how serious I would take a skit from snl...he never said this in an interview

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    What he said doesn't bother me personally, but it's interesting how minorities can say anything they want about white people.

White guilt!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    That was from his opening skit for snl....Don't know how serious I would take a skit from snl...he never said this in an interview
    I certainly understand that, but take him out of that skit and put a white dude in saying "I kill all the black people in the movie. How great is that?".... and how do you think the general American public would respond? Let's just say it was Leonardo DeCaprio, and the movie ends with the slave owner killing all the slaves, Leo says the line above during an opening monologue on SNL.... what type of reaction does he get?

Indoril Nerevar
    He would be dragged to the steps of a church and be gutted and flayed alive.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Sure had leo done that it be a huge deal. We can debate for hours how its not fair and all that fun stuff however that's how things are because of the past 100 year from now would this even be a huge deal if a white guy did it? Who knows...comedy like that has been accepted by most while some agree some don't its life. Personally got more important things to worry about. Had he said that anywhere else it wouldve been a big deal its a comedy skit show so not so much

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

The Heisman
    So am I to understand that y'all think that white comedians don't make jokes about minorities????

{begins to queue up his Tosh, Titus, Comedy Works, Comedy Central, clips in antcipation of someone actually standing by that ridculous comment}

This feigned outrage is brought to you by the same person who objected to Common doing a poetry reading at the white house
    oh wes... gotta stop taking your cues from Faux and conservative radio/blogs man...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What he said doesn't bother me personally, but it's interesting how minorities can say anything they want about white people.

White guilt!
    True dat.

****ing tired of everyone being so concerned about insulting a black dude, but no qualms about insulting a white dude.

Its also funny that woman are the majority in the world. We men being oppressed!

**** racial differences, were all Americans.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    So am I to understand that y'all think that white comedians don't make jokes about minorities????

{begins to queue up his Tosh, Titus, Comedy Works, Comedy Central, clips in antcipation of someone actually standing by that ridculous comment}
    Tosh makes jokes about EVERYONE.... I don't watch the others. Tell me I'm wrong, if Leo had said the same thing in that place, but about black folks, he would have been tarred and feathered.... just the way things are.

Go ahead, "queue up" your clips where someone talks about killing black people, I'd be interested in comparing them.

This feigned outrage is brought to you by the same person who objected to Common doing a poetry reading at the white house
    Feigned outrage? I'm not sure where you saw "outrage", just a simple observation... and if you remember correctly I recalled my initial objection to Common being at the White House. In this case, I'm simply pointing out what appears to be a double standard.

That being said, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with a post I made almost 2 years ago.

oh wes... gotta stop taking your cues from Faux and conservative radio/blogs man...
    ROFL!!! The ole tried and true "You herd that at faux newz!!!" bit.... give me a break man! Would it be possible, just once, for you to simply address the topic at hand without resulting to those tactics that you employ all too often? Who cares where I heard/read about it, just state your disagreement and move on down the road dude.

13. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 12-12-2012 at 01:28.

15. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Jamie Foxx is a racist. this can not come to a surprise to anyone. this was not the only time he had said things like that and not joking like I am sure the snl skit was trying to be. Go watch his old tv show, read up on when he called Obama "The lord and Savior".
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

The Heisman
    Tosh makes jokes about EVERYONE.... I don't watch the others. Tell me I'm wrong, if Leo had said the same thing in that place, but about black folks, he would have been tarred and feathered.... just the way things are.
    depends on if its funny or not.
    Jamie Fox and black comedians don't make fun of everyone? Including black people?
    I'm starting to think you don't actually watch standup...

Feigned outrage? I'm not sure where you saw "outrage", just a simple observation... and if you remember correctly I recalled my initial objection to Common being at the White House. In this case, I'm simply pointing out what appears to be a double standard.
    apparently an snl skit upset you enough to not watch the movie... seems like a bit more than a simple observation...

ROFL!!! The ole tried and true "You herd that at faux newz!!!" bit.... give me a break man! Would it be possible, just once, for you to simply address the topic at hand without resulting to those tactics that you employ all too often? Who cares where I heard/read about it, just state your disagreement and move on down the road dude.
    Usually these... what I call knee jerk not very well thought out comments... coming from a certain wing on these boards... come right after similar sentiments are echoed on Faux, the right blogosphere, Rush, etc...

If you stumbled upon this brain fart on your own... then I apologize

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    depends on if its funny or not.
    Jamie Fox and black comedians don't make fun of everyone? Including black people?
    I'm starting to think you don't actually watch standup...
    Not Jamie Foxx standup, seen plenty of others. I didn't realize his monologue was supposed to be comedy, maybe that's where the dislike of the comment is coming from. When Tosh.0 makes fun of people, regardless of color/creed/religion, it's typically funny and provokes laughter... same with others like Katt Williams. His monologue was just... meh. Now, maybe had it been funny, the reaction would have been different because it would have been clear he was making jokes, in this case it didn't seem like a comedian standing up on stage making jokes, it looked like an actor pimping his upcoming movie.

apparently an snl skit upset you enough to not watch the movie... seems like a bit more than a simple observation...
    I never said I wouldn't watch it.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 12-12-2012 at 14:39.

Veteran
    So, if you make $100,000, how much should the government take in income taxes? Does it seem right that the Federal Govt is going to basically take $30K of that $100K, then depending on where you live you might be paying an 8% sales tax so nearly 40% of everything you make goes straight to the government.

What the US has is an irresponsible Federal government that can't control its spending. They want to be everything for everyone but we simply CANNOT afford it. If you look at total government spending per capita in the US vs the world, as a country we spend more than nearly every other country in the world save for a few of the welfare states in Europe.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 12-15-2012 at 17:28.

20. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    So, if you make $100,000, how much should the government take in income taxes? Does it seem right that the Federal Govt is going to basically take $30K of that $100K, then depending on where you live you might be paying an 8% sales tax so nearly 40% of everything you make goes straight to the government.

What the US has is an irresponsible Federal government that can't control its spending. They want to be everything for everyone but we simply CANNOT afford it. If you look at total government spending per capita in the US vs the world, as a country we spend more than nearly every other country in the world save for a few of the welfare states in Europe.
    Well at a 30% rate they only pay that rate on income above that bracket. Let's say the rate for >100K is 30% and the rate for <100k is 15%. You make 105K. That means you pay 15% on 100K and 30% on the remaining five

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Yeah, wes, it sounds like the backlash could be from articles that purposely cover up the fact that it was for the purpose of comedy. When I watched the monologue, I was not shocked in the slightest from the parts you quoted because he was going in the typical "Minorities make jokes about White people because their history makes it 'okay'" angle. It was honestly just your typical black comedian jabs at whites and they were funny.

The only thing I didn't like about Jamie Foxx's opening bit was how he played up Obama entirely based on his ethnicity. I mean I get that it's comedy, but man, he just kept going on about it. I think it made him look more stupid than funny.

And yes, Daniel Tosh is great since he just about goes crazy on anything he talks about.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-20-2012 at 07:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah, wes, it sounds like the backlash could be from articles that purposely cover up the fact that it was for the purpose of comedy. When I watched the monologue, I was not shocked in the slightest from the parts you quoted because he was going in the typical "Minorities make jokes about White people because their history makes it 'okay'" angle. It was honestly just your typical black comedian jabs at whites and they were funny.

The only thing I didn't like about Jamie Foxx's opening bit was how he played up Obama entirely based on his ethnicity. I mean I get that it's comedy, but man, he just kept going on about it. I think it made him look more stupid than funny.

And yes, Daniel Tosh is great since he just about goes crazy on anything he talks about.
    I just think that if you flip it around and a white dude says it, even in an SNL monologue, he gets blasted by ALL of the media. I could be wrong, but that's the perception I get. SNL just isn't funny anymore anyway TBH, so I don't look at it the same way I do when watching Tosh or other "funny" shows or comedians. Hell, you'd never hear me say anything negative about Chappelle, he made derogatory comments about white people all the time, but he also did about everyone and just about all his skits were pretty funny, I just didn't find any humor in Jamie Foxx's monologue which probably changed my perception.

Well at a 30% rate they only pay that rate on income above that bracket. Let's say the rate for >100K is 30% and the rate for <100k is 15%. You make 105K. That means you pay 15% on 100K and 30% on the remaining five
    I know, I'm just looking at what my net is after all the federal taxes are removed. I understand the progressive system, I was just trying to illustrate the point that the main problem here is government spending not taxes being too low.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 12-21-2012 at 03:52.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I just think that if you flip it around and a black dude says it, even in an SNL monologue, he gets blasted by ALL of the media. I could be wrong, but that's the perception I get. SNL just isn't funny anymore anyway TBH, so I don't look at it the same way I do when watching Tosh or other "funny" shows or comedians. Hell, you'd never hear me say anything negative about Chappelle, he made derogatory comments about white people all the time, but he also did about everyone and just about all his skits were pretty funny, I just didn't find any humor in Jamie Foxx's monologue which probably changed my perception.

I know, I'm just looking at what my net is after all the federal taxes are removed. I understand the progressive system, I was just trying to illustrate the point that the main problem here is government spending not taxes being too low.
    Oh i understand. once you add in property taxes, soc-sec, income, state, sales etc. etc. it is a HUGE burden all together it is going to add in a huge chunk of income.

Veteran
    Oh i understand. once you add in property taxes, soc-sec, income, state, sales etc. etc. it is a HUGE burden all together it is going to add in a huge chunk of income.
    My point exactly, with the federal taxes alone that I am paying, factor in our sales taxes and nearly 40% of my income is gone straight away to taxes. That's not including ANY of the taxes that I pay directly or indirectly.

So, my point is, how is it that the government can take roughly 30% of my income before I spend a dime, another 8.25% of nearly everything I spend, and still have financial problems? I don't see how anyone can argue that they just need to raise taxes when spending always has and always will be the problem.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    My point exactly, with the federal taxes alone that I am paying, factor in our sales taxes and nearly 40% of my income is gone straight away to taxes. That's not including ANY of the taxes that I pay directly or indirectly.

So, my point is, how is it that the government can take roughly 30% of my income before I spend a dime, another 8.25% of nearly everything I spend, and still have financial problems? I don't see how anyone can argue that they just need to raise taxes when spending always has and always will be the problem.
    If they really wanted to have a balanced approach we need to have sweeping cuts across the board in all categories and tax increases. Honestly the "fiscal cliff" is more of a fiscal chair to jump off of. Even with all the cutting and tax increases it won't solve the debt, it will only slow the growth the debt. That means we will still run a deficit every year. Granted the tax portion of the fiscal cliff would be pretty burdensome to some middle class families but the cuts are a joke honestly. The best approach i see would be the 250K tax relief Obama proposes and about 4X the amounts of cuts the Republicans are proposing.

Veteran
    If they really wanted to have a balanced approach we need to have sweeping cuts across the board in all categories and tax increases. Honestly the "fiscal cliff" is more of a fiscal chair to jump off of. Even with all the cutting and tax increases it won't solve the debt, it will only slow the growth the debt. That means we will still run a deficit every year. Granted the tax portion of the fiscal cliff would be pretty burdensome to some middle class families but the cuts are a joke honestly. The best approach i see would be the 250K tax relief Obama proposes and about 4X the amounts of cuts the Republicans are proposing.
    Start cutting first, then we can talk about tax increases. Until they show they are serious about responsible spending, I simply cannot support them taking more money from tax payers to just throw down some hole.

Forum Sage

You want to cut spending? Cut the departments of education, commerce, homeland security, agriculture, cut the FBI, IRS, CIA, FEMA etc... and reduce the size of what we don't cut and remove redundancies. Get rid of stupid things like the national gun registry, etc and repeal all these unconstitutional laws.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    You want to cut spending? Cut the departments of education, commerce, homeland security, agriculture, cut the FBI, IRS, CIA, FEMA etc... and reduce the size of what we don't cut and remove redundancies. Get rid of stupid things like the national gun registry, etc and repeal all these unconstitutional laws.
    Get rid of entitlements.

Thread Information