Latest PSU headlines:

Page 146 of 212 FirstFirst ... 136146156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5277
  1. #3626
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    824 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Get rid of entitlements.
    Eventually. Cut military spending and bring the troops home first. Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid can wait a couple more years before starting the phase out process.

  2. #3627
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,948
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    105,482 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Military cuts need to happen. Strongly. It's just another kind of welfare in my eyes at this point.


  3. Likes Morganator likes this post
  4. #3628
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah, wes, it sounds like the backlash could be from articles that purposely cover up the fact that it was for the purpose of comedy. When I watched the monologue, I was not shocked in the slightest from the parts you quoted because he was going in the typical "Minorities make jokes about White people because their history makes it 'okay'" angle. It was honestly just your typical black comedian jabs at whites and they were funny.

    The only thing I didn't like about Jamie Foxx's opening bit was how he played up Obama entirely based on his ethnicity. I mean I get that it's comedy, but man, he just kept going on about it. I think it made him look more stupid than funny.

    And yes, Daniel Tosh is great since he just about goes crazy on anything he talks about.
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I just think that if you flip it around and a white dude says it, even in an SNL monologue, he gets blasted by ALL of the media. I could be wrong, but that's the perception I get. SNL just isn't funny anymore anyway TBH, so I don't look at it the same way I do when watching Tosh or other "funny" shows or comedians. Hell, you'd never hear me say anything negative about Chappelle, he made derogatory comments about white people all the time, but he also did about everyone and just about all his skits were pretty funny, I just didn't find any humor in Jamie Foxx's monologue which probably changed my perception.
    .
    so can either of you give me an example of a white comedian coming under fire for making racial jokes? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

    Jamie Fox makes jokes about all/other ethnicities too. Much like Chappelle... uch like Chris Rock... much like Eddie Griffin... much like that short guy who's name escapes me.

    Now if you you simply think Fox is a bad comedian. that's fine.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-21-2012 at 22:42.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  5. #3629
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    36
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    so can either of you give me an example of a white comedian coming under fire for making racist jokes? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

    Jamie Fox makes jokes about all/other ethnicities too. Much like Chappelle... uch like Chris Rock... much like Eddie Griffin... much like that short guy who's name escapes me.

    Now if you you simply think Fox is a bad comedian. that's fine.
    I miss chapelle. He was a real funny dude. He doesn't he just isn't producing as much anymore.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  6. #3630
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    so can either of you give me an example of a white comedian coming under fire for making racial jokes? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

    Jamie Fox makes jokes about all/other ethnicities too. Much like Chappelle... uch like Chris Rock... much like Eddie Griffin... much like that short guy who's name escapes me.

    Now if you you simply think Fox is a bad comedian. that's fine.
    I think the problem I had with it when I initially watched it is that it didn't come across as funny, none of that monologue made me laugh, so my reaction was likely much different than it would have been had it been funny in the first place.

    When I watched it the first time, it literally came across as not being part of a comedy routine...
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  7. #3631
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,871
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,348 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So obama is time person of the year. He dosent deserve it. There are more qualified people like that pakistani girl that stood up for womens rights and got an assasination attempt, or the teachers who gave their lives for students at the school shooting.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  8. #3632
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,218
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    456,713 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So obama is time person of the year. He dosent deserve it. There are more qualified people like that pakistani girl that stood up for womens rights and got an assasination attempt, or the teachers who gave their lives for students at the school shooting.
    Yep, I pretty much laughed my ass off at how stupid this award is now. They are just kissing up to Obama. He doesn't deserve $#@!.

    Maybe, a "waster of the year" award, the 99% support him, then he spends 4 million dollars worth of taxpayers money on a vacation for him and his family. smh
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  9. #3633
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,536
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    76,132 (302,302 Banked)
    kim jong un should have won
    Last edited by -Dj-; 12-23-2012 at 02:20.



  10. #3634
    Veteran
    Bio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Battlefield
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    8,302 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    so can either of you give me an example of a white comedian coming under fire for making racial jokes? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

    Jamie Fox makes jokes about all/other ethnicities too. Much like Chappelle... uch like Chris Rock... much like Eddie Griffin... much like that short guy who's name escapes me.

    Now if you you simply think Fox is a bad comedian. that's fine.
    I can't think of any. Definitely a double standard tharr.

    The short guy you're referring to is probably...Kevin Hart? Or Kat Williams? I dunno.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-27-2012 at 05:03.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

  11. #3635
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So obama is time person of the year. He dosent deserve it. There are more qualified people like that pakistani girl that stood up for womens rights and got an assasination attempt, or the teachers who gave their lives for students at the school shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Yep, I pretty much laughed my ass off at how stupid this award is now. They are just kissing up to Obama. He doesn't deserve $#@!.

    Maybe, a "waster of the year" award, the 99% support him, then he spends 4 million dollars worth of taxpayers money on a vacation for him and his family. smh


    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I can't think of any. Definitely a double standard tharr.

    The short guy you're referring to is probably...Kevin Hart? Or Kat Williams? I dunno.
    ...if you can't think of an example of this double standard occurring... where's the double standard?

    And yes I was thinking of Kevin Hart

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  12. #3636
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Like I said, had his monologue actually been funny, even remotely funny, I would have laughed and moved on, but it didn't come across as comedy. Now looking back at it and realizing his monologue was actually supposed to be comedy, I don't really care, but watching it initially, looking at him as an actor and not a comedian, and taking those comments not as comedy but his comments as an actor on his new film.... it came off much differently.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  13. #3637
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,218
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    456,713 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

    Why is it you think Obama was deserving of that award?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  14. #3638
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Why is it you think Obama was deserving of that award?
    be honest. you don't care about this award. you never have.
    and the only reason you comment on it now it b/c the winner beat the pants of "your guy",

    I'm an Obama supporter and I glanced over the headline and moved on with my life in a nano second.

    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Like I said, had his monologue actually been funny, even remotely funny, I would have laughed and moved on, but it didn't come across as comedy. Now looking back at it and realizing his monologue was actually supposed to be comedy, I don't really care, but watching it initially, looking at him as an actor and not a comedian, and taking those comments not as comedy but his comments as an actor on his new film.... it came off much differently.
    thats fine. Like I said- if you're a comedian and you're gonna make racial jokes- you better be funny and you better know your audience.

    otherwise- it won't go well... regardless of the race of the comedian.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  15. #3639
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    824 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    be honest. you don't care about this award. you never have.
    and the only reason you comment on it now it b/c the winner beat the pants of "your guy",

    I'm an Obama supporter and I glanced over the headline and moved on with my life in a nano second.
    No you didn't. If you had, the first sentence would have been unnecessary. But you knew this coming in so odds are, you're just being intellectually dishonest now. You can't have it both ways.

    As for the other side, quit lying about not caring. Your posts are equally intellectually dishonest by keeping the issue alive for as long as you claim you didn't care. Really. It's quite pathetic.

  16. #3640
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    No you didn't. If you had, the first sentence would have been unnecessary. But you knew this coming in so odds are, you're just being intellectually dishonest now. You can't have it both ways.

    As for the other side, quit lying about not caring. Your posts are equally intellectually dishonest by keeping the issue alive for as long as you claim you didn't care. Really. It's quite pathetic.
    calling someone out for feigning interest in a topic ≠ caring about the topic.

    If I cared or wanted to keep the subject alive- I would have responded to the question as to why I think Obama deserved the award.

    on another note- your post is beyond incoherent. work on expressing your thoughts- free advice champ.

    or you could continue trying to hurt my feelings on the interwebs RON PAUL 2XXX???
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-27-2012 at 22:47.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  17. #3641
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,871
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,348 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So Daywalker you going to answer Kwesnoth question or just avoid it by spewing out something to try to distract from it? Also I notice for being a big support of his, a few weeks back when we talked about the harm Obamacare was doing you where no where to be found. Another taboo topic for you?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  18. #3642
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's all a con and a platform to break up friends alike
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  19. #3643
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So Daywalker you going to answer Kwesnoth question or just avoid it by spewing out something to try to distract from it? Also I notice for being a big support of his, a few weeks back when we talked about the harm Obamacare was doing you where no where to be found. Another taboo topic for you?
    yeah no. Y'all must still be recovering from your holiday hangover... bit slow on the uptake.

    I repeat... again. I don't care about the Time Person of the Year Award enough to defend of detract from whomever they decide to give it to. Instead I'll stick to mocking the individuals who don't care either- but pretend to b/c they don't like the guy who got it.

    As for your little Obamacare discussion- I had that debate 2 years ago, and then 21 months ago, and then 18 months ago. Same people making the same nonsensical partisan arguments that they got off Faux or conservative blogs... it all gets repetitive and tiresome.

    But if you want my thoughts on Obamacare they can all be found within this thread. good luck.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-28-2012 at 04:13.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  20. #3644
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    this obama care actually got people killed back in 2010 and it will not come to pass any time soon... He is a person of color and enough said
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  21. #3645
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    this obama care actually got people killed back in 2010 and it will not come to pass any time soon... He is a person of color and enough said
    ???

    cocaine is a helluva a drug.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  22. #3646
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,871
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,348 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ahh typical daywalker. Can not come up with a retort so you insult, or at least try to, people who share a diff opinon with out ever backing up your own.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  23. #3647
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Ahh typical daywalker. Can not come up with a retort so you insult, or at least try to, people who share a diff opinon with out ever backing up your own.
    ...what opinion need I defend? I didn't offer one on the subject.


    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
    Your real problem is that you want me to argue against your opinion... but as I don't care one way or the other... you're left playing with your own ballz.

    y'all probably couldn't even tell me who won last year... or the year before that... or the year before that...

    (stop looking it up! cheaters!!!! repent and thou shall be saved)
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-28-2012 at 04:37.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  24. #3648
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    36
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    the fiscal cliff talks are a joke. They are touting that one plan would cut 1-trillion over 20 years...ignoring the fact we've been running 1-trillion+ deficits every year. its asinine. they can't even pass a worthless bill. Congress is just objectionable right now. Next election if we don't fire reid, pelosi and boehner, then i will know that nobody in this country even cares anymore.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  25. #3649
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    824 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    calling someone out for feigning interest in a topic ≠ caring about the topic.

    If I cared or wanted to keep the subject alive- I would have responded to the question as to why I think Obama deserved the award.

    on another note- your post is beyond incoherent. work on expressing your thoughts- free advice champ.

    or you could continue trying to hurt my feelings on the interwebs RON PAUL 2XXX???
    How you got to "trying to hurt my feelings on the interwebs RON PAUL 2XXX???" from me calling you on your intellectual dishonesty baffles me. Then again, this kind of deflection and thus, intellectual dishonesty is typical of you DayWalker. My post is far from incoherent so I've two words for you. Quit dodging.

  26. #3650
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    How you got to "trying to hurt my feelings on the interwebs RON PAUL 2XXX???" from me calling you on your intellectual dishonesty baffles me. Then again, this kind of deflection and thus, intellectual dishonesty is typical of you DayWalker. My post is far from incoherent so I've two words for you. Quit dodging.
    now who's being dishonest.

    there's nothing to dodge/duck/dip/dive/dodge...

    I think the root of your problem is you don't know what the definition of intellectual dishonesty is!

    Today's lesson- don't use words/terms you don't understand. You'll end up looking foolish.
    Hint: just /c you don't agree with a position/opinion ≠ intellectual dishonesty

    Teaching y'all so much in the last day or so... I do hope some of it sinks in!
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-28-2012 at 16:10.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.