Page 156 of 212 FirstFirst ... 146156166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5283
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...those are just physical fitness standards. Those will never be the same. Women have their standards and men have theirs. No one expects all women to be just as strong or as fast as men . They also have different body fat standards too . If they had to do the same as the men there would be a lot less women serving.
    In the military, the physical standards should be the same as well as everything else. Perpetrating these double standards is what will dumb down the military. I expect equality across the board. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time and resources. Consistency is key. Either do it right or not at all.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    In the military, the physical standards should be the same as well as everything else. Perpetrating these double standards is what will dumb down the military. I expect equality across the board. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time and resources. Consistency is key. Either do it right or not at all.
    Not gonna happen. The average women just don't possess the upper body strength that men do. You can never have equality across the board when it comes to that. Men are just naturally more aggressive. They have to figure out a way to qualify enough women so there wont be 3 of them in a 200 troop company/unit. It's not impossible though because some Israeli women serve in direct combat units but in a more supportive role.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Not gonna happen. The average women just don't possess the upper body strength that men do. You can never have equality across the board when it comes to that. Men are just naturally more aggressive. They have to figure out a way to qualify enough women so there wont be 3 of them in a 200 troop company/unit. It's not impossible though because some Israeli women serve in direct combat units but in a more supportive role.
    Then that's the role they should be relegated to playing I think is what Morg is getting at. If women cannot cut it the exact same as men, then they shouldn't be there.

I told you once, I think, about how my ex fiancee before going off to USAFA told me that she didn't believe in "killing" and that "force wasn't the answer" and she was distressed that we had whacked a bunch of Somali pirates?

I just sat there going "and you really think you want to follow in Daddy's footsteps?"

4. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    The Heisman
    if they can do it in Starship Troopers...

======

Pretty happy the Faux axed Palin... maybe this- coupled with axing Beck signifies a return to center right... finally

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

======

Pretty happy the Faux axed Palin... maybe this- coupled with axing Beck signifies a return to center right... finally
    That's a surprise. I guess they see her as more of a liability now. She went around campaigning knowing the whole time she wasn't gonna run for president. That Levi guy hit the nail on the head with her. Everything he said about her not running and looking for TV deals turned out to be true.

Forum Sage

Then they shouldn't expect to be put in the front lines where the real heavy lifting is done. As such, they shouldn't complain about not getting a "fair" shake. Now, I'm all for support roles being given to women. Hell, there are women who do way better in certain support roles than their male counterparts. For instance, the average woman can take higher G-forces than a man can and that is directly a result of their smaller size hence, why there is a need for female pilots in all four branches of the military.

======

I think most people will agree that Palin was a bad fit for FOX News. (I stopped watching when they took Judge Napolitano off the air and cancelled his show.)

PSU Technical Advisor
    Napolitano was a boss.

9. Likes Ixion , Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Wow, looks who's pulling back on immigration now. I guess some repubs are finally opening their eyes.

Veteran
    Wow, looks who's pulling back on immigration now. I guess some repubs are finally opening their eyes.
    Both parties support immigration reform, they just have different sticking points that they don't seem willing to waiver on... this isn't a "those evil (insert party name)'s are blocking progress" arguments that so many like to make. Immigration reform has been presented by each party over the past 20 something years, just can't seem to get enough support from EITHER party.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Both parties support immigration reform, they just have different sticking points that they don't seem willing to waiver on... this isn't a "those evil (insert party name)'s are blocking progress" arguments that so many like to make. Immigration reform has been presented by each party over the past 20 something years, just can't seem to get enough support from EITHER party.
    lol...They sure had a funny way of showing it by blocking the Dream act. I think it has more to do with Obama winning 75% of the latino vote. Now they wanna change but I think the damage has been done. It so funny to see them do a complete 180.

The Heisman
    lol...They sure had a funny way of showing it by blocking the Dream act. I think it has more to do with Obama winning 75% of the latino vote. Now they wanna change but I think the damage has been done. It so funny to see them do a complete 180.

Hannity did a 180 in the 24 hrs following Obama's re-election!
    simply amazing...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Hannity did a 180 in the 24 hrs following Obama's re-election!
    simply amazing...
    Yea I know. It was fun to see how butt hurt the whole network was. Those you tube videos posted on their reactions are funny.

The Heisman
    Yea I know. It was fun to see how butt hurt the whole network was. Those you tube videos posted on their reactions are funny.
    plz share.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    plz share.
    I'll just post this one but there are more. Listen to old Karl try to spin....lol

17. Likes DayWalker likes this post

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    PS: Obama is still a horrible President. Good job.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post

20. Likes DayWalker, Royals likes this post
    The Heisman

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

22. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Veteran
    Ok, so over the past couple decades each party has blocked reforms presented by the opposing party, now the Republicans (apparently) are compromising and will likely help pass immigration reform.... good for them!

Forum Sage
    Ok, so over the past couple decades each party has blocked reforms presented by the opposing party, now the Republicans (apparently) are compromising and will likely help pass immigration reform.... good for them!
    Only because they want to get the latino votes in 2016 but it probably won't work. People don't forget that easily. They have pretty much given up on the black vote so now they go after latinos. I'm pretty sure they will manage to screw it up between now and 2016 though. At least they are taking this recent butt whipping they got seriously. They needed a dose of reality.

Veteran
    Only because they want to get the latino votes in 2016 but it probably won't work. People don't forget that easily. They have pretty much given up on the black vote so now they go after latinos. I'm pretty sure they will manage to screw it up between now and 2016 though. At least they are taking this recent butt whipping they got seriously. They needed a dose of reality.
    Meh, the electorate is pretty fickle, they tend to forget about things fairly quickly.

Beyond that, there could be any number of reasons why they are doing it. It could be because most of their base actually supports it now and have nothing to do with Obama winning, who knows.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-01-2013 at 14:15.

Forum Sage
    Meh, the electorate is pretty fickle, they tend to forget about things fairly quickly.

Beyond that, there could be any number of reasons why they are doing it. It could be because most of their base actually supports it now and have nothing to do with Obama winning, who knows.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    People don't forget that easily. They have pretty much given up on the black vote so now they go after latinos.
    Sure, they don't, considering the Black vote is overwhelmingly in support of the Democrats.

It's modern slavery, if you think about it.

Forum Sage
    Sure, they don't, considering the Black vote is overwhelmingly in support of the Democrats.

It's modern slavery, if you think about it.
    Republicans still win the white vote. Are they slaves too?....lol If republicans start giving people reasons to vote for them, maybe those numbers will rise. Bush didn't have that problem. Republicans have given up on the black vote because they know the damage they've done is pretty much irreversible right now. They actually thought they could win the white house without the black and latino vote. They got a much needed dose of reality and now all of a sudden they wanna change. They thought they could get votes by letting a few minorities speak at their convention but they weren't fooling anybody. Then you have fox news on the air assuring a huge Romney victory day in and day out playing to their audience saying the polls are wrong. They were too stupid to see what was happening right in front of their eyes.

They better wake up and realize the dynamics of the country is changing and they can't just be the white people's party anymore. Every candidate they put up against Obama was pretty much a joke with the exception of maybe 1. They should give people more reasons to vote for them instead of not voting for the other guy. All their demonizing and degrading of Obama only made his support even stronger while their supporters didn't even think enough of them to go out and vote. Now it's on to 2016. Lets see if they learned anything. It's just like one republican said, "We have to stop being the stupid party", and he is right.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-01-2013 at 16:13.

Forum Sage

The electorate is bought and paid for... by both parties. It's made of traitors who won't vote unless there's something in it for them. The electorate needs to be dissolved.

Veteran
    Yeah sure to what? Are you saying the base doesn't support immigration reform??

Thread Information