Page 157 of 212 FirstFirst ... 147157167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5283

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Yeah sure to what? Are you saying the base doesn't support immigration reform??
    I believe the majority of the party still doesn't support it, I feel that those who are in support of it are holding their nose while doing so. McCain has come out and stated many times that the party is losing the Hispanic vote while pushing for a reform. There is no question that those behind the support are mainly doing it for the votes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    I believe the majority of the party still doesn't support it, I feel that those who are in support of it are holding their nose while doing so. McCain has come out and stated many times that the party is losing the Hispanic vote while pushing for a reform. There is no question that those behind the support are mainly doing it for the votes.
    I'm not talking about the politicians (who apparently now support it), I am talking about the voters. Remember, the politicians are supposed to represent the voters.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

I'm not talking about the politicians (who apparently now support it), I am talking about the voters. Remember, the politicians are supposed to represent the voters.
    Yes, and the party has represented a constituent who've strongly oppose a reform for immigrants for the last few decades. If their voters supported a reform the party wouldnt of been so against it in the primary's last election year.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 02-01-2013 at 18:54.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Yes, and the party has represented a constituent who've strongly oppose a reform for immigrants for the last few decades. If their voters supported a reform the party wouldnt of been so against it in the primary's last election year.
    Do you think it's possible that the constituents opinions have been slowly changing from being against immigration reform (mainly because it always includes some level of amnesty) to now having the majority in favor of immigration reform?

Do you think it's possible that the constituents opinions have been slowly changing from being against immigration reform (mainly because it always includes some level of amnesty) to now having the majority in favor of immigration reform?
    I believe a percentage of the constituents have evolve their opinion on the issue, but are not the majority in the party mainly because whatever reform is passed it will include a level of amnesty for those who are here undocumented. I just hope they take the right measures to ensure this won't be an issue every 20 years.

The Heisman
    all you have to do is look at the GOP primary.

look at the red meat tossed out to the base regarding immigration... they didn't all change their minds in 6 months.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    all you have to do is look at the GOP primary.

look at the red meat tossed out to the base regarding immigration... they didn't all change their minds in 6 months.
    Based on what I've been reading, the majority of registered voters in BOTH major parties are now supporting immigration reform.

Forum Sage

Any reforms regarding immigration need to be done at the immigration offices in and of themselves, not in the courts, not in congress and most certainly, not by those in charge of the establishment. The laws in place are adequate enough and only need to be enforced rather than rewritten. What we need though is incentives to encourage lawful immigration and discourage unlawful immigration. There are a myriad of ways to do this and the aforementioned is one avenue we could take. Also, hitting employers who hire illegal immigrants is definitely a must.

The Heisman
    Based on what I've been reading, the majority of registered voters in BOTH major parties are now supporting immigration reform.
    I hope so. it's long overdue.
    I don't know why its been so difficult...

if it were up to me... I'd move a couple military training facilities up/down to the borders... train the troops and as part of their training they patrol the borders. they finish their training they move out/on to wherever... the next batch of trainees come in... repeat...

border "more secure"
    Last edited by DayWalker; 02-01-2013 at 22:41.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    To be honest, I think there have been a few sticking points that each side has been hung up one and unable to get over. But as time has gone on, and the situation has gotten exceedingly worse, they have started to come around and realize we just need to figure something out and get it done.

Ultimately, people are slow to change, but over time it happens.

if it were up to me... I'd move a couple military training facilities up/down to the borders... train the troops and as part of their training they patrol the borders. they finish their training they move out/on to wherever... the next batch of trainees come in... repeat...

border "more secure"
    I would support that!

The Heisman
    DayWalker 2024!!!! (after Hill-dawg)

My first act would be to take away the guns of ONLY Matrix and Morg.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Why are you coming for my manhood?

Ya Hoebag.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

border "more secure"
    This is actually not that bad of an idea. We have people already trained to do certain border jobs already. The agents we have are stretched too thin. I had a friend who got out of the army and and became a border agent and he quit after a year because the way they do things. He said that the way they operate would get people killed.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Each soldier already has several months of basic training (which is filled to the brim with training), and then they have a few more weeks to months of specialized training for the job they're going to perform on a daily basis. I don't understand how having our enlistees patrol a border is very effective. No one would ever train someone to perform a job that isn't part of their job, right? It seems like a waste the soldiers' time and the tax payers dollars.

Personally, to secure the southern border, I wouldn't relocate training centers, but instead, I would build a series of outposts along the border, at 5-20mi intervals, depending on the terrain. Each outpost would have the following:

* Observation tower, similar to an air-traffic control tower (but not as tall), with surveillance equipment that has a FOV of 220 degrees, facing Mexico. IR, Thermal and Motion detection capabilities would be standard.
    * A 20'x20' holding cell for illegals
    * Electricity, plumbing and water
    * A kitchenette
    * A lounge
    * A bathroom with shower
    * A small bedroom with two beds

Each outpost would house several members of the states' National Guard at all times.

The idea is each outpost would be a detection and detention system. If there is detection of activity along the southern border, the guardsmen would be alerted, and they can investigate matters more closely. Depending on the spacing, they could get to any intrusion location within ten minutes, detain the invaders, and expedite a departure. If one area is a hot-spot for border crossings then they can deploy mobile detection units or patrol that location. (This could also be effective against human trafiking and drug running...)

I think it would be an effective way to establish a presence and enforce the laws that we already have. Once we have an effective system in place to secure the border, then we can talk about reformation of the immigration process.
    Last edited by Chickenooble; 02-02-2013 at 01:42.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol....That's ridiculous. I don't ever think he "promised" to unite the country. But then again, politicians say a lot of things.. If we aren't united it's not only because of him. It's deeper than that. But i think Obama's party is more united than the GOP. They are in total disarray. I think Obama learned how difficult it is working with congress.

Why don't we wait and see what happens first. There is no need to have the "chicken little" syndrome on this thing yet. I'm a proud gun owner and when it's all said and done people will be ok. I'm more concerned about why they're doing it and most gun owners agree with what is being proposed.

I'm not worried about it and you shouldn't either.

Yea, I know when it expired. I know they tried to renew it several times too and have failed. I think most people know why. It's all about gun politics.

I still stand by what I said. I don't have anything against the NRA but they have done very little when it comes to gun violence. I know they need a better media presence too. Stop letting all the loonies talk to the media about gun ownership. They don't come across so well.

I love women. Got nothing against that. It won't be the first time they tried this. Trust me it won't affect much of anything. Just because you open up jobs doesn't mean they will want them. I think some people misunderstand the whole thing. It won't have any affect on mission capabilities.
    Text/video:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082803216.html

I know he'll be able to help me turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people.

The democrats are more united because they control the whitehouse. That was not the case during most of the Bush II years.

There is nothing to see. The legislation is out there for all to see. The intent of the legislators who proposed the legislation is clear.

They do not care about finding and solving the true cause of our homicides/mass shootings. They continue to push their antigun legislation even though it has been proven time and time again that it does not work. They do it to pursue their unstated goal, the true purpose of their legislation.

You can blindly accept all that has been proposed. You will still have the 2nd amendment, but it will be significantly watered down only to the most rudimentary firearms. Nullifying the advancements in firearms technology. Take away the weapons that most threaten the agenda of the government.

You want to know who you are dealing with:

Remember do as she says, not as she does:

Keep on believe the bunk polls, but any sane gun owner would would not support the proposed legislation which was already crafted waiting to be unleashed at the opportune moment. (which is a very small window of time, this explains why they are scrambling to ram such legislation down out throats)

The federal AWB failed to be reauthorized because it didn't do a damn thing to curb crime/make us safer. Why would any bother to enact failed legislation into law again when the evidence showing its effectiveness is numerous and clear?

Do you know who the largest proponent of gun saftey classes/training is in the usa? The NRA. I don't see how the NRA is going to stop criminals from being criminals and committing criminal acts, that after all is the main source of gun violence in the USA. The government must step up its game to properly enforce the existing laws and further investigate people who are denied by the NICS.

I don't see the point in opening up certain combat "jobs" to women in the military when the percentage that could pass all the tests/training and effectively do those jobs after completion of said tests/training is do low.

Hell I'd bet not even 1% (~2000) of all active duty women in the military (around 200k) would even cut it in those jobs.

And I don't know of any other military where women do these kinds of "jobs" either.

Either the leadership will realize the mistake of doing this after several years and much money wasted, or eventually the standards will be watered down/relaxed to get the number of women in these fields to an "acceptable" level.

Hell there are even female soldiers that agree that this should not be done:

Good job. As one of the 2 people you intend to "disarm", I don't even own any firearms.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I find it so outrageous that Feinstein has a CCW. Along with that clown schumer from New York.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-03-2013 at 20:46.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I find it so outrageous that Feinstein has a CCW. Along with that clown schumer from California.
    The irony is delicious, isn't it?

PSU Technical Advisor
    Whoops, I meant to say New York.

Elite Sage
    Fox News parts ways with $#@! Morris

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...021353516.html

Fox is cleaning house....lol This is the guy who used to work for Clinton and guaranteed a huge Romney victory. He even guaranteed that Clinton would vote for Romney...

Veteran

Elite Sage
    Apparently you do care enough to spend time posting a youtube video saying you don't....lol Can't blame you though. Morris is a tool anyway. Fox is going liberal....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-06-2013 at 17:09.

The Heisman
    Fox News parts ways with $#@! Morris

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...021353516.html

Fox is cleaning house....lol This is the guy who used to work for Clinton and guaranteed a huge Romney victory. He even guaranteed that Clinton would vote for Romney...

probably had something to do with this:
    PPP: Trust in Fox News hits record low
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...277.html?hp=r5

Fox News has hit a record low of trustworthiness, according to a new survey.

Public Policy Polling, deemed the most accurate polling firm for the 2012 elections, finds that only 41 percent of Americans trust Fox News while 46 percent do not -- down from a 49-37 percent ranking in 2010. The news comes one week after the network hit a 12-year low in the coveted 25-54 demographic for primetime.
    they're dying off :

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Apparently you do care enough to spend time posting a youtube video saying you don't....lol Can't blame you though. Morris is a tool anyway. Fox is going liberal....lol
    Replying =/= caring.

Elite Sage
    Replying =/= caring.

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-07-2013 at 15:50.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Hey now maybe he doesn't care about the subject, but he cares enough about letting us know he doesn't care to keep posting and telling us he doesn't care so we know it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Thread Information