Page 161 of 217 FirstFirst ... 151161171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5410
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    He awkwardly drank some water. Therefore he everything he said is irrelevant.
    I always thought that was how it was haha
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    He awkwardly drank some water. Therefore he everything he said is irrelevant.
    More like rinse and repeat. Basically, he just repeated the same things the party has been saying since 2009.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    So Obama's state of the UNION speech, meant diddly $#@! and never mentioned anything that actually concerns the U.S people
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    So Obama's state of the UNION speech, meant diddly $#@! and never mentioned anything that actually concerns the U.S people
    jobs, infrastructure, medicare, sequester, minimum wage, terrorism, voting rights, deficits, climate change, green energy, energy grid...

he actually mentioned a lot of things. thanks for tuning it though.

( @ obvious call for attention)

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    But a small mention on them and not expanding... Is it not just like, DO'OH
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    But a small mention on them and not expanding... Is it not just like, DO'OH
    oh. you a detailed plan of action for all those issues in one hour?

the SOTU is kick off for the year/term. The President sets the agenda and its up to Congress to craft a bill that a) solves the issue b) satisfies both parties and c) fits with presidents vision...

obviously its a shot in the dark, but who know maybe they'll accidentally accomplish something

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    oh. you a detailed plan of action for all those issues in one hour?

the SOTU is kick off for the year/term. The President sets the agenda and its up to Congress to craft a bill that a) solves the issue b) satisfies both parties and c) fits with presidents vision...

obviously its a shot in the dark, but who know maybe they'll accidentally accomplish something
    I doubt it. All you had to do is look at some of the faces while he was making the speech. A lot of them have disdain for the president. They may end up getting something done but right now it doesn't look good. These same politicians just filibustered Hagel for SOD and you know it's more personal than anything else. The guy is clearly qualified for the position. The fighting never stops.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I doubt it. All you had to do is look at some of the faces while he was making the speech. A lot of them have disdain for the president. They may end up getting something done but right now it doesn't look good. These same politicians just filibustered Hagel for SOD and you know it's more personal than anything else. The guy is clearly qualified for the position. The fighting never stops.
    Not the first time a nomination has been filibustered and it certainly won't be the last time by EITHER party. Apparently they are holding the nomination hostage until the administration provides answers on what happened in Libya, doesn't mean it's "personal".
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-15-2013 at 05:29.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Not the first time a nomination has been filibustered and it certainly won't be the last time by EITHER party. Apparently they are holding the nomination hostage until they answers on what happened in Libya, doesn't mean it's "personal".
    Then who was the first SOD ever nominated by a president to be? Please enlighten us. And bull$#@!, it is personal. They don't like the guy because he had the balls that many didn't have in his party to speak out against the Iraq war and I'm sure he voted for Obama too. The guy is even more qualified than past SODs. Vietnam vet, 2 purple hearts, a former enlisted soldier, served in the senate and most of all he knows the life of the military soldier because he lived it. Please dude, don't come here with that bull crap. It has nothing to do with Libya. Stop the madness.

Veteran
    Then who was the first SOD ever nominated by a president to be? Please enlighten us. And bull$#@!, it is personal. They don't like the guy because he had the balls that many didn't have in his party to speak out against the Iraq war and I'm sure he voted for Obama too. The guy is even more qualified than past SODs. Vietnam vet, 2 purple hearts, a former enlisted soldier, served in the senate and most of all he knows the life of the military soldier because he lived it. Please dude, don't come here with that bull crap. It has nothing to do with Libya. Stop the madness.
    Maybe go back and read the bold part.... carefully... I said it wasn't the first "nomination", didn't specify the cabinet position. And, it's really not my job to enlighten you, it certainly doesn't pay enough and quite frankly I don't think you have any interest in thoughts/opinions/ideas that don't support your views.

Believe what you want, I am just going by what the Senators are saying is the reason for the delay, including Democrat's... they say Republicans want more information on Libya and drone strikes. But, I'm sure your right, and all the Democrat and Republican Senators are lying, you probably were actually in those sessions voting for cloture and personally spoke to all the opposition when you found it was all personal.

Really though, doesn't matter, it's only a temporary delay, he will be confirmed in a couple weeks along with the other nomination(s) that are currently being delayed. No need to get your panties in a bunch!
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-15-2013 at 05:52.

Elite Sage
    Maybe go back and read the bold part.... carefully... I said it wasn't the first "nomination", didn't specify the cabinet position. And, it's really not my job to enlighten you, it certainly doesn't pay enough and quite frankly I don't think you have any interest in thoughts/opinions/ideas that don't support your views.

Believe what you want, I am just going by what the Senators are saying is the reason for the delay, including Democrat's... they say they (Republicans) want more information on Libya and drone strikes. But, I'm sure your right, and all the Democrat and Republican Senators are lying, you probably were actually in those sessions voting for cloture and personally spoke to all the opposition when you found it was all personal.

Really though, doesn't matter, it's only a temporary delay, he will be confirmed in a couple weeks. No need to get your panties in a bunch!
    Yea, right. You knew I was talking about SOD so I figured you would backtrack. And yea I know he will get nominated in the end because they have nothing on the guy, which makes it stupid to filibuster anyway. Until they come up with a valid reason why he shouldn't,(which they haven't) it's personal. Yea, it's my opinion and I didn't really ask you what you thought. You replied to me. And it has nothing to do with Libya. I don't know where you've been but those hearings are over. Hagel didn't have anything to do with it. So what are they gonna do? Try and put the president on the stand next.

Veteran
    Yea, right. You knew I was talking about SOD so I figured you would backtrack.
    Not back tracking at all, what I said is completely accurate regardless of what your "opinion" is.

And yea I know he will get nominated in the end because they have nothing on the guy, which makes it stupid to filibuster anyway.
    They want something, the President wants something, they are just trying to use the little bit of leverage they have and make life difficult until they get it.

Until they come up with a valid reason why he shouldn't,(which they haven't) it's personal.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinions.

Yea, it's my opinion and I didn't really ask you what you thought. You replied to me.
    I replied to that part of your post because it seemed to contradict what Senators in both parties have said about the "situation" if you want to call it that. Now that you have clarified that they are wrong, and that the Democrats are just covering for the Republicans personal agenda by saying it's for information, it is you that has enlightened me. I just never thought I'd see the day that Democrats are lying FOR Republicans, but you've set the record straight, I'm glad you are here to guide us all.

And it has nothing to do with Libya. I don't know where you've been but those hearings are over.
    Really? When did they end? May want to let Senator Levin (D) know next time you run into him, he seems to think more information is being requested.

Hagel didn't have anything to do with it. So what are they gonna do? Try and put the president on the stand next.
    I don't recall anyone saying Hagel had a hand in it, just using a bit of leverage to get information... this isn't rocket science bud.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-15-2013 at 06:29.

Elite Sage
    Not back tracking at all, what I said is completely accurate regardless of what your "opinion" is.

They want something, the President wants something, they are just trying to use the little bit of leverage they have and make life difficult until they get it.
    Exactly. Personal.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions.
    Are you sure? It doesn't look like it.

I won't quote your post next time since it bothers you so much.
    Now that would certainly surprise....lol Personally, I don't think you can help it.

Really? When did they end? May want to let Senator Levin (D) know next time you run into him, he seems to think more information is being requested.
    Bull$#@!.. This isn't about no Senator Levin. Now you sound silly. He isn't holding up the nomination.

I don't recall anyone saying Hagel had a hand in it, just using a bit of leverage to get information... this isn't rocket science bud.
    Get information from who? You sound silly dude.

Veteran
    Wow..... just wow. I'm going to have to get a box of crayons and some paper, maybe that will help you understand... or maybe it's just a bad connection in whatever part of Afghanistan you are in.

Elite Sage
    Wow..... just wow. I'm going to have to get a box of crayons and some paper, maybe that will help you understand... or maybe it's just a bad connection in whatever part of Afghanistan you are in.
    You do know this still counts as a reply right... It's ok we realize you can't help yourself....lol

Veteran
    Oh yeah, I didn't use crayons when I posted that, no wonder you couldn't comprehend what I typed. (the one that said I wouldn't quote your posts.... that you clearly didn't understand)

Dude, it may be a good idea to continue your education. I understand you may not be able to find any 4 year institutions that will accept you, so just go to a good 2 year JUCO in your area! It's better than nothing.

Elite Sage
    Oh yeah, I didn't use crayons when I posted that, no wonder you couldn't comprehend what I typed. (the one that said I wouldn't quote your posts.... that you clearly didn't understand)

Dude, it may be a good idea to continue your education. I understand you may not be able to find any 4 year institutions that will accept you, so just go to a good 2 year JUCO in your area! It's better than nothing.

Veteran
    Wow, I had no idea you were dealing with such a strange ailment, I will try to be more understanding in the future.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoppl View Post
    I think this pretty much sums it up for republicans:

Last edited by Ixion; 02-15-2013 at 16:49.

Veteran
    This is more like it!

Forum Sage

I think this pretty much sums it up for republicans:

Now this, we can agree on. So long as Republicans have their heads up their asses with regards to the issues that really matter, they will never again win another election. I for one, am just fine with that. They discounted the wrong two segments of the population and are paying the price.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Now this, we can agree on. So long as Republicans have their heads up their asses with regards to the issues that really matter, they will never again win another election. I for one, am just fine with that. They discounted the wrong two segments of the population and are paying the price.

Paying a hefty price that will haunt them well into 2016. They deserve it because they ignored what was happening.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-15-2013 at 18:49.

Elite Sage
    And boom, there it is just like i said:

McCain Says He’s Opposing Hagel Because Hagel Was Mean To Bush

McCAIN: But to be honest with you, Neil, it goes back to there’s a lot of ill will towards Senator Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly and say he was the worst President since Herbert Hoover and said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which was nonsense. He was anti-his own party and people — people don’t forget that. You can disagree but if you’re disagreeable, then people don’t forget that.

Mccain has turned into a bitter old man. He just can't get over 2008.

Forum Sage

And boom, there it is just like i said:

Mccain has turned into a bitter old man. He just can't get over 2008.
    I don't think it's about being butt hurt about 2008 so much as it is about, "you don't do and say exactly what, shut up, sit down and vote for our policies, you get censured". You either do what the party wants and vote along party lines, or you get sidelined and voted out. The proof is in his own words.

Thread Information