Page 165 of 217 FirstFirst ... 155165175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 5410
    Veteran
    Oh, what do you know, Chuck Hagel was confirmed a few weeks ago. The day of his confirmation came and went without even being noticed.... much like I anticipated.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Oh, what do you know, Chuck Hagel was confirmed a few weeks ago. The day of his confirmation came and went without even being noticed.... much like I anticipated.
    ?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    ?
    Referencing back to people whining and complaining about the "filibuster" threat during the first confirmation attempt. Some in here were up in arms about the whole ordeal, I said "Who cares? He will be confirmed in a few weeks"... and he was.

Here's an ACTUAL Filibuster, Rand Paul, and here's Jon Stewart's take.

4. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Sage

Referencing back to people whining and complaining about the "filibuster" threat during the first confirmation attempt. Some in here were up in arms about the whole ordeal, I said "Who cares? He will be confirmed in a few weeks"... and he was.

Here's an ACTUAL Filibuster, Rand Paul, and here's Jon Stewart's take.

I thought Rand Paul's filibuster was in regards to the administration's okaying the use of drones on Americans in American airspace? To be honest with you, it's one of a very few times, filibustering was not only a good idea but imperative to the safety and well-being of Americans.

6. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Power Member
    Rand Paul earned hero status from me for that stunt. Some of his quotes during the filibuster are epic. Props to the Wyoming Democrat for standing with him.

8. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I thought Rand Paul's filibuster was in regards to the administration's okaying the use of drones on Americans in American airspace? To be honest with you, it's one of a very few times, filibustering was not only a good idea but imperative to the safety and well-being of Americans.
    I was referring to two different events.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    What's funny is that the "administration" thinks its ok to eliminate American citizens if they are a "potential" threat, and without due process; but they are giving Osama bin's brother in law due process in America. wtf.

Forum Sage

I was referring to two different events.
    Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Rand Paul earned hero status from me for that stunt. Some of his quotes during the filibuster are epic. Props to the Wyoming Democrat for standing with him.
    He certainly EARNED my respect for standing up for the American people and the way he did it. Believe you and me. It's hard for any politician to gain my respect.

12. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Veteran
    Okay. Thanks for the heads up.
    As far as Hagel is concerned, it may have been the first time a nomination for that specific cabinet position was threatened (they didn't filibuster, it was just a threat), but not the first time for a member of the cabinet.

And, to be honest, if they are trying to get answers to something and they don't think they are getting cooperation... if you slow down a nomination for a week or two to make life a LITTLE difficult.... who cares? What negative impact did it have on anything other than pissing some people off?

Forum Sage

As far as Hagel is concerned, it may have been the first time a nomination for that specific cabinet position was threatened (they didn't filibuster, it was just a threat), but not the first time for a member of the cabinet.

And, to be honest, if they are trying to get answers to something and they don't think they are getting cooperation... if you slow down a nomination for a week or two to make life a LITTLE difficult.... who cares? What negative impact did it have on anything other than pissing some people off?
    The whole matter with Chuck Hagel was nothing more than political grandstanding. I never saw his appointment in jeopardy in the least.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The whole matter with Chuck Hagel was nothing more than political grandstanding. I never saw his appointment in jeopardy in the least.
    They were only doing it because they can. John Mccain made it perfectly clear why he was doing it. We all know he was gonna be appointed. Don't believe the hype of those claiming that anyone here thought his appointment was in jeopardy because none ever said that.

McCain Says He’s Opposing Hagel Because Hagel Was Mean To Bush

McCAIN: But to be honest with you, Neil, it goes back to there’s a lot of ill will towards Senator Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly and say he was the worst President since Herbert Hoover and said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which was nonsense. He was anti-his own party and people — people don’t forget that. You can disagree but if you’re disagreeable, then people don’t forget that.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-19-2013 at 01:47.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    They were only doing it because they can. John Mccain made it perfectly clear why he was doing it. We all know he was gonna be appointed. Don't believe the hype of those claiming that anyone here thought his appointment was in jeopardy because none ever said that.
    Exactly. And I know no one ever said anything to the effect, hence the comment.

Veteran
    Do me a favor bud, find and quote a post in this forum that accused the whiners of thinking/saying his "appointment was in jeopardy". It's pretty simple, no matter why he didn't get confirmed the first go around, it doesn't matter.... what harm did it cause to wait a couple weeks? None what so ever... so why does it matter that he didn't get confirmed the first time other than principle? No one thought his appointment was in jeopardy, that's why I don't understand why anyone cared to begin with!

It wasn't just McCain that opposed Hagel's first confirmation, so I wouldn't take some quote from him as speaking for all that initially opposed his confirmation.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 03-19-2013 at 04:09.

Elite Sage
    Do me a favor bud, find and quote a post in this forum that accused the whiners of thinking/saying his "appointment was in jeopardy".
    The lurker returns....lol I guess you can't help but to respond to my post.... Do yourself a favor and find any post where members were whining about it. Only one whining seem to be you. Get a grip dude. Morganator only said what everybody knows. They were playing politics simply because they can and it was personal for Mccain. Wake up dude. Don't get lost in the sauce. Maybe you should give that party some advice on how to win elections.

It wasn't just McCain that opposed Hagel's first confirmation, so I wouldn't take some quote from him as speaking for all that initially opposed his confirmation.
    And who said he was the only one opposed? Birds of a feather flock together. We all know those stuff old men in the party hate anything that comes from Obama. I say they should keep it up if they want their approval rating to to continue to drop. I don't really expect anything else from the "stupid party".

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-19-2013 at 17:51.

Veteran
    The lurker returns....lol I guess you can't help but to respond to my post....
    Lurker? You and I posted back and forth on this topic a few pages ago....

Do yourself a favor and find any post where members were whining about it.
    Well, your post that BROUGHT THE SUBJECT UP looked like whining to me.... but then again it may just be who you are.

Morganator only said what everybody knows. They were playing politics simply because they can and it was personal for Mccain. Wake up dude. Don't get lost in the sauce. Maybe you should give that party some advice on how to win elections.
    You take one little clip from McCain as the basis for your entire argument. It could be that the rest who were initially blocking it believed what he did, but it could also be the reasoning they gave as well. Still, why does it matter? What impact did it have? None!

And who said he was the only one opposed?
    Considering his comment is the basis for your entire argument while other Senators have stated other reasons, it's easy to believe you aren't aware of what others have said.

Elite Sage
    Lurker? You and I posted back and forth on this topic a few pages ago....
    Back and forth? I don't think so. It's not that serious. You are the one who was still harping and continue to bring it up. You proved nothing. No one said he wasn't gonna get confirmed and no one was whining about it. It just the GOP being there normal bitter selves because they lost the election and hate Obama.

Well, your post that BROUGHT THE SUBJECT UP looked like whining to me.... but then again it may just be who you are.
    If bringing something up means whining then we all are whiners. That includes you too buddy...

You take one little clip from McCain as the basis for your entire argument. It could be that the rest who were initially blocking it believed what he did, but it could also be the reasoning they gave as well. Still, why does it matter? What impact did it have? None!
    What entire argument? I said it was more personal than anything else and I proved it with Mccain's statement. That's wasn't hard to understand for everyone else. What impact did it have? None, which makes it more ridiculous that it even happened. The egg are on their faces and I think it's funny how they are struggling right now.

Considering his comment is the basis for your entire argument while other Senators have stated other reasons, it's easy to believe you aren't aware of what others have said.
    What argument? You're confused. I don't care what the others reasons were. I said they were blocking him because of personal politics. That was the reason. This is the GOP we are talking about here. They suck. They lose elections and still play the game. My, how the mighty have fallen. Back to the drawing board I guess.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-20-2013 at 00:20.

Apprentice
    ewwwww politics....

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    ewwwww politics....

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

24. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Veteran
    Alright bud, whatever you say. It's happened before, it will happen again, like I said when you brought it up... it's no big deal.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 03-20-2013 at 05:43.

Forum Sage

Yeah. It's nothing to get all worked up on. I think we all agree that nothing was lost, gained or in jeopardy. Let's just move on.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Best post in this thread ever.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    Yeah. It's nothing to get all worked up on. I think we all agree that nothing was lost, gained or in jeopardy. Let's just move on.
    Yep, stop beating the dead horse.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Politics is a chess game with are lives and we are the one's that always suffer
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

The Heisman
    Hillary confirms pro- marriage equality (seems like an informal declaration for 2016)

Paul and Rubio go pro amnesty...

tea bag heads exploding everywhere

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information