Latest PSU headlines:

Page 168 of 209 FirstFirst ... 158168178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 5219
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    pretty sad that we can't even pass a watered down gun control bill like universal background checks

don't change a thing GOP... I'm sure you guys are on the right track.

Bring on 2014!
    Pretty sad congress couldn't craft a simple bill to address a simple issue. No wonder it got shot down.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    pretty sad that we can't even pass a watered down gun control bill like universal background checks

don't change a thing GOP... I'm sure you guys are on the right track.

Bring on 2014!
    lol....one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

FYI Tooney and Manchin ≠ Obama's gun bill... god you people just regurgitate everything you hear on faux don't ya?
    You know they do........ and come here denying it.

Indoril Nerevar
    The core occupants of this thread need to move past the Obama love/hate stage of their life and focus more on actual issues. Seriously guys, this isn't debating.

Moving on, wasn't the bill meant to only create legitimate background checks for future gun owners? Assuming it's not some large and arduous process, how is this a bad thing?

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Questions I have about the bill:
    1) Can the government take literally forever to do background checks?
    2) What things in the background check will disqualify a person for a firearm?

I don't think background checks are necessary, really. A perfectly passable person is capable of committing a crime and a person with criminal intent can just as easily subvert the entire process. We're not stupid enough to think that making things hard to obtain will make things harder to obtain, are we? The problem with this discussion is the fact that things aren't as clear-cut as we want them to be. Not all people with mental illnesses are irresponsible with guns; not all people without mental illnesses are responsible with them, either.

Yea, I'm saying it -- In the grand scheme of things, gun violence isn't really an issue.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The core occupants of this thread need to move past the Obama love/hate stage of their life and focus more on actual issues. Seriously guys, this isn't debating.
    It's more hate than anything else. They should get tired of all the demonizing.

Moving on, wasn't the bill meant to only create legitimate background checks for future gun owners? Assuming it's not some large and arduous process, how is this a bad thing?
    its not a bad thing at all but you have those out there making it seem as though it's much more than what it is. . The majority of gun owners agree with tougher background checks. The same politicians that agree with him still voted against it...lol Just more politics.

The Heisman

one party is bought and paid for by the NRA...

and of course this crowd:

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Yeah because Washington is capable of putting out straightforward pieces of legislation without unnecessary complexities or vague provisions.

Here are some reasons why people opposed the bill:

http://www.volokh.com/2013/04/15/the...f-gun-control/

also

Supreme Veteran

indefference is a disease

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yeah because Washington is capable of putting out straightforward pieces of legislation without unnecessary complexities or vague provisions.

Here are some reasons why people opposed the bill:

http://www.volokh.com/2013/04/15/the...f-gun-control/

also

lol...you forgot that mention that the link you provided is from a libertarian/conservative perspective. These are some of the same people who were behind the unsuccessful constitutional challenge to Obama care.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Some people go by the rule of.

Support red vote red

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...you forgot that mention that the link you provided is from a libertarian/conservative perspective. These are some of the same people who were behind the unsuccessful constitutional challenge to Obama care.
    Lol You same tired line has become stale:

Any source that supports a conservative/libertarian cause is not trustworthy.

But any source that supports a liberal/progressive cause is A ok.

Not to mention there are many authors that write for that website. Yet you whitewash them all just like that

Enough with the BS ad hominem attack. You can either come up with a rebuttal or remain silent. Put up or Shut up. It's just that simple.

David Kopel is as objective a person you could find for this issue.

The Heisman
    ironically... the NRA was for universal background checks... before they were against it...

coincidentally... the switch corresponded with having a black democrat as POTUS...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    ironically... the NRA was for universal background checks... before they were against it...

coincidentally... the switch corresponded with having a black democrat as POTUS...
    Or you know, years of evidence that showed that the system wasn't working (partially due to poor enforcement).

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Some people go by the rule of.

Support red vote red
    Of course. As for politicians in congress, they will do whatever the money that supports them want. The democrats who voted down this bill were from red states. Stiffer background checks for all gun buyers. It's really not that hard but this is congress we are talking about here......but they were quick and united to pass a vote to send us to Iraq.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-19-2013 at 02:46.

The Heisman
    lol you mean that system that not everybody has to participate in didn't work out? weird...

what was the figure 40% of gun transactions happen without a background check?
    Last edited by DayWalker; 04-19-2013 at 02:49.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    lol you mean that system that not everybody has to participate in didn't work out? weird...

what was the figure 40% of gun transactions happen without a background check?
    Oh you mean the bull**** figure which was disproved a long time ago?

Forum Sage
    Lol You same tired line has become stale:

Any source that supports a conservative/libertarian cause is not trustworthy.

But any source that supports a liberal/progressive cause is A ok.

Not to mention there are many authors that write for that website. Yet you whitewash them all just like that

Enough with the BS ad hominem attack. You can either come up with a rebuttal or remain silent. Put up or Shut up. It's just that simple.

David Kopel is as objective a person you could find for this issue.
    You mean the same David Kopel who is a benefactor member of the NRA. The same one that worked for the Koch brothers. I'm gonna call you out on bull**** whenever i see it. The bill was shot down by congress not the people. Bought and paid for by the NRA. Don't believe the hype.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-19-2013 at 03:02.

Forum Sage
    You mean the same David Kopel who is a benefactor member of the NRA. The same one that worked for the Koch brothers. I'm gonna call you out on bull**** whenever i see it. Don't believe the hype.
    OMG, He's a NRA member? That changes everything. OMG he worked for the CATO institute which was associated with the KOCH brothers.

Sorry, but that doesn't mean a damn thing. Either refute the points he made, or drop it.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    How many criminals will get a background check? What good will background checks do? Will it keep criminals from using guns? Will it lower the death tolls that are created by these criminals way more than legally purchased weapons?

goodness.

20. Likes Yuuichi likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Of course. As for politicians in congress, they will do whatever the money that supports them want. The democrats who voted down this bill were from red states. Stiffer background checks for all gun buyers. It's really not that hard but this is congress we are talking about here......but they were quick and united to pass a vote to send us to Iraq.
    Yeah but you guys coming back next year according to Obama so hold your breath I know my sister is when gets redeployed there for a third time next month. Got to send them over before they bring you home right? Instead of guns he should be forming a plan that everyone can agree with to stick with his "plan" to bring the troops home. Btw still waiting for answer to my question instead of you beating around the bush with the usual diversion tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How many criminals will get a background check? What good will background checks do? Will it keep criminals from using guns? Will it lower the death tolls that are created by these criminals way more than legally purchased weapons?

goodness.
    THANK YOU!!! seriously if a criminal wants a gun they will get it and fairly easilly with the number out there illegal, more background checks, whatever else people throw out there. Drugs are a prime example of something being illegal yet still out there in massive numbers.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

goodness.
    you're absolutely right. let's only pass laws that criminals will automatically and unquestionably obey.

what's with all these murder laws? they don't seem to stop murderers!
    Last edited by DayWalker; 04-19-2013 at 03:22.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    OMG, He's a NRA member? That changes everything. OMG he worked for the CATO institute which was associated with the KOCH brothers.

Sorry, but that doesn't mean a damn thing. Either refute the points he made, or drop it.
    i don't have to refute ****. The man apposes any kind of gun control regardless of what it is so using him is really a laughable example. That would be like asking Hannity if he thinks Obama is a good president...lol
    This dude claimed to be a democrat but somehow when Obama got elected he went libertarian which is code word for republican. He is right leaning and doesn't like obama (like most of you here) so sorry if i don't really care much for you using him. it's the same old thing but a different day.

Forum Sage
    i don't have to refute ****. The man apposes any kind of gun control regardless of what it is so using him is really a laughable example. That would be like asking Hannity if he thinks Obama is a good president...lol
    This dude claimed to be a democrat but somehow when Obama got elected he went libertarian which is code word for republican. He is right leaning and doesn't like obama (like most of you here) so sorry if i don't really care much for you using him. it's the same old thing but a different day.
    I'll accept that as you concession since you can't seem to refute any points he made, but continue to use ad hominem attacks against him.

And BTW, I posted information from two sources. Going to start with the ad hominem attacks against the VCDL and the points they made?

Forum Sage
    I'll accept that as you concession since you can't seem to refute any points he made, but continue to use ad hominem attacks against him.

And BTW, I posted information from two sources. Going to start with the ad hominem attacks against the VCDL and the points they made?
    Why would I waste time trying to refute that. Even if I do what is it gonna prove?Nothing. Just like you didn't prove anything by providing that link.You are missing the whole point here...... and that is why the bill actually got blocked. Not about some right wing conspiracy theorist who preaches about the fear to "take our guns" sermons on a regular basis. I don't buy into that bull****. Come back to earth dude. This isn't about one persons view on all of this. The majority of Americans and gun owning one's agree with the president. Lets see you refute that.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    you're absolutely right. let's only pass laws that criminals will automatically and unquestionably obey.

what's with all these murder laws? they don't seem to stop murderers!
    It isn't about PASSING laws, its about enforcing them. I'm most certainly not against back ground checks. I am against the constant thought by Congress that background checks are going to help curb the gun violence.

Maybe you can explain how it will help stop gun violence? Maybe you can cite the cities/states with the toughest gun laws already... oh wait, they also have the highest gun violence statistics too.

27. Likes Kwes likes this post

Thread Information