Page 170 of 212 FirstFirst ... 160170180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5283
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Bull$#@!. He is going after gun control, and its not going to happen. Both sides voted against the bill, and it'll happen, again and again.
    of course some voted against it. This is congress we are talking about here. The democratic votes he needed voted no and it's not surprising that they are from red states....and with the help of the NRA. I don't think anyone actually expected it to pass. The politics is where it gets killed but it will happen eventually.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-19-2013 at 16:50.

Unbound Mercenary
    Naw, not enough general support for it. Obama will get up there, do some more crying like a teenage girl, and we'll laugh as nothing happens.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    Naw, not enough general support for it. Obama will get up there, do some more crying like a teenage girl, and we'll laugh as nothing happens.
    Who's crying?...lol you really need to get some help for that Obama hate. Its beginning to take a toll on ya.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Who's crying?...lol you really need to get some help for that Obama hate. Its beginning to take a toll on ya.
    Sure, do as you always do. Just ignore stuff by saying they are hating. lol

Very typical liberal democrat.

Elite Sage

I guess somehow in your head this makes up for all the other things right....lol I said you were a hater because you admitted that you were. I can respect that. At least you got the balls to say it i guess.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I guess somehow in your head this makes up for all the other things right....lol I said you were a hater because you admitted that you were. I can respect that. At least you got the balls to say it i guess.
    So one has to like Obama in order to be criticize him? I don't get it.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So one has to like Obama in order to be criticize him? I don't get it.
    Not at all. You can also not like someone and give praise when its due too. This thread mostly focuses on the bad, but I understand that. Most people here never liked him anyway. That's the way politics are. If it's not your choice it's the wrong choice.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Not at all. You can also not like someone and give praise when its due too. This thread mostly focuses on the bad, but I understand that. Most people here never liked him anyway. That's the way politics are. If it's not your choice it's the wrong choice.
    People don't like him because he hasn't done any good over the first term, and the second is going to be more of the same. The bad is focused on because that's all there is.

9. Likes Kwes likes this post

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    People don't like him because he hasn't done any good over the first term, and the second is going to be more of the same. The bad is focused on because that's all there is.
    You have to be naive and/or consume too much of one side of a partisan media outlet to make the claim that the President has done nothing good and everything bad.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 04-19-2013 at 19:59.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    For those curious, here's the Politifact fact-check on what's been said about the bill denial:

Quote Originally Posted by Politifact
    As Sandy Hook Elementary parents watched from the balcony, a bipartisan effort to expand background checks on gun sales died Wednesday on the U.S. Senate floor.

Reaction from all sides was intense. Former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who nearly died from a gunshot to the head in 2011, wrote an impassioned op-ed, charging that senators "gave into fear" and ignored the will of the public.

President Barack Obama, speaking in the Rose Garden, said "the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill."

"They claimed that it would create some sort of ‘big brother’ gun registry, even though the bill did the opposite. This legislation, in fact, outlawed any registry. Plain and simple, right there in the text," Obama said.

The NRA, for its part, issued a statement calling the failed proposal "misguided," saying it would have limited the transfers of guns between friends and families.

So which reactions were accurate? PolitiFact sorted out the truth from spin.

Wednesday’s failed vote was on an amendment, offered by Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, that would have required background checks for private sales at gun shows and on the Internet, two areas that are currently exempt from federal law.

Giffords’ column ran in the New York Times under the headline "A Senate in the Gun Lobby’s Grip."

"Some of the senators who voted against the background-check amendments have met with grieving parents whose children were murdered at Sandy Hook, in Newtown," Giffords wrote. "Some of the senators who voted no have also looked into my eyes as I talked about my experience being shot in the head at point-blank range in suburban Tucson two years ago, and expressed sympathy for the 18 other people shot besides me, six of whom died.

"These senators have heard from their constituents — who polls show overwhelmingly favored expanding background checks," she continued.

PolitiFact found multiple, independent polls showing that 80 percent to 90 percent of Americans favor more criminal background checks on gun sales. We rated her claim True.

Obama said the Manchin-Toomey amendment "outlawed any (gun) registry" — and he was right.

Existing law already prohibits creation of a registry, and the new amendment doubled down on that. It specifically prohibited the seizure of records, forbid the attorney general from consolidating or centralizing records and provided for fines and imprisonment for anyone who did consolidate or centralize records. We rated Obama’s statement True.

The NRA claimed in its statement that the amendment made it a crime for family and friends to sell guns to each other without a background check: "This amendment would have criminalized certain private transfers of firearms between honest citizens, requiring lifelong friends, neighbors and some family members to get federal government permission to exercise a fundamental right or face prosecution."

But the Manchin-Toomey amendment specifically excluded family transfers from the background check requirement. It expanded checks, however, to Internet and gun show sales.

So the only way private transfers among friends or neighbors could be "criminalized" is if they happened at a gun show or through an advertised sale and the seller didn’t conduct a background check. That’s a limited circumstance. The rating: Mostly False.

Anger and frustration showed on Obama’s face as he spoke in the Rose Garden, surrounded by Newtown families, Giffords and Vice President Joe Biden. He accused the NRA of flip-flopping, saying the group "used to support expanded background checks." In fact, the NRA has acknowledged changing its position. At the time of the 1999 Columbine High School shooting in Colorado, the group ran ads in newspapers saying it was "reasonable to provide for instant checks at gun shows just like at gun stores and pawn shops." The group now says expanded checks would do nothing to reduce gun crime and would only be a burden on law-abiding gun owners. We rated Obama’s claim True.

But Obama oversimplified how many background checks are covered by the current law when he said, "so 60 percent of guns are already purchased through a background check system; this would have covered a lot of the guns that are currently outside that system."

The 60 percent figure stems from a scholarly study which found that 40 percent of guns are sold without a background check. But that study is now 16 years old, and there’s no new evidence to indicate if the statistic is still true. The rating: Half True.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    You have to be naive and/or consume too much of one side of a partisan media outlet to make the claim that the President has done nothing good and everything bad.
    I'm guilty of both.

Honestly though, he's running this country further and further into the ground. Pair that with our congress that is doing the same.

13. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Elite Sage
    The road has been a bit rocky but to say he hasn't done any good is just not true. This just goes back to what I said before. If you never liked him before, then chances are you probably never will, regardless of what he does. A guy who is bad as some of you described doesn't get reelected to a second term.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The road has been a bit rocky but to say he hasn't done any good is just not true. This just goes back to what I said before. If you never liked him before, then chances are you probably never will, regardless of what he does. A guy who is bad as some of you described doesn't get reelected to a second term.
    He barely got elected for a second term. People that voted for him are happy for the free stuff that he supports.

When he was elected, I thought he would actually do the country some good. I thought he'd do the things he said he was going to do. He's gone back on just about all his "campaign" speeches.

Veteran
    A guy that is as bad as some of you described George Bush doesn't get reelected to a second term...
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    He barely got elected for a second term. People that voted for him are happy for the free stuff that he supports.

When he was elected, I thought he would actually do the country some good. I thought he'd do the things he said he was going to do. He's gone back on just about all his "campaign" speeches.
    According to the Obama-meter, he's kept 45% of his promises.

And here are all of his kept promises, if you're curious:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Amazing how when i asked sub to tell me anything good odama has done he skiped it. Gueas he didnt know about that aite. Shows you how uninformed the average odama supporter is and just vot for him because a celebratiy told them to and ita popular.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Friendship is Carrots
    The issue about gun control and its influence from the masses is that there's fear-mongering from the media, and ignorance. People don't understand gun crimes in relation to crime overall. They also choose to not look into what caused the shootings, but instead merely the tool utilized. I'm really beginning to wonder if this is very much a culture issue that's imbedded in American society.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Shows you how uninformed the average odama supporter is and just vot for him because a celebratiy told them to and ita popular.
    For the love of $#@!, can you guys stop lambasting each other with political titles and generalizations? Do any of you actually have anything meaningful to say?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

20. Likes Omar likes this post

I'm guilty of both.
    I knew it lol. jk
    Honestly though, he's running this country further and further into the ground. Pair that with our congress that is doing the same.
    The country was already on that trend Before he took office. I just find it too easy and extreme to blame him for all of the bad and portray it as his agenda.
    Congress seems to just get worst every presidential term, ugh.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    For the love of $#@!, can you guys stop lambasting each other with political titles and generalizations? Do any of you actually have anything meaningful to say?
    Get over it Rapture, its an internet argument, which is about as meaningful as a fart in a bottle.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Congress seems to just get worst every presidential term, ugh.
    I think people need to realize the core issue with our government is actually Congress. We have a mass of old, white, wealthy men running this country. What we need is term limits in Congress, and newer perspectives in managing our country. All we end up with is outmoded and incompetent methods of thinking along with the hands of those striving for their own self power.

Get over it Rapture, its an internet argument, which is about as meaningful as a fart in a bottle.
    What a lame and stupid response.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Unbound Mercenary
    What a lame and stupid response.
    Again, if someone gets insulted on the internet. They need to reconsider what they are doing with life.

An argument on the internet is only for entertainment. I wouldn't turn over to Sub's thinking just as much as he wouldn't turn over to mine.

Friendship is Carrots
    Perhaps for some, but then I really must question how they spend their free time. Truthfully, the best debates I've seen have been on the internet. Of course it will seem meaningless if you treat it as such. You need participates who take the exchange of ideas seriously, not ones dismissing the notion entirely by arbitrary means.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Unbound Mercenary
    There is no doubt about that, I just find it amusing and entertaining.

I think people need to realize the core issue with our government is actually Congress. We have a mass of old, white, wealthy men running this country. What we need is term limits in Congress, and newer perspectives in managing our country. All we end up with is outmoded and incompetent methods of thinking along with the hands of those striving for their own self power.
    Completely agree, I just have a hard time believing congress will change.
    They have adopted a culture of going against anything proposed by the opposite party or risk a backlash from your own constituent thus creating an unhealthy/impossible environment for any one good piece of legislation to get passed.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    A guy that is as bad as some of you described George Bush doesn't get reelected to a second term...
    Don't blame his legacy on anyone else. Let the man stay hidden....lol

Boy that sure is a lot of nothing....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Amazing how when i asked sub to tell me anything good odama has done he skiped it. Gueas he didnt know about that aite. Shows you how uninformed the average odama supporter is and just vot for him because a celebratiy told them to and ita popular.

I'm not not gonna waste my time doing something I've done several times in this thread in the past. You can see the reaction from what Ixion posted, which is nothing. Some of you guys are only gonna believe what the partisan media tells you. I knew some of the things he got accomplished because a few of them affected me directly. But like I said before it doesn't matter because you guys already have your mind made up. You just don't like the president for your own personal reasons, plain and simple.

Thread Information