Latest PSU headlines:

Page 171 of 209 FirstFirst ... 161171181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5219
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Don't blame his legacy on anyone else. Let the man stay hidden....lol

Boy that sure is a lot of nothing....lol

I'm not not gonna waste my time doing something I've done several times in this thread in the past. You can see the reaction from what Ixion posted, which is nothing. Some of you guys are only gonna believe what the partisan media tells you. I knew some of the things he got accomplished because a few of them affected me directly. But like I said before it doesn't matter because you guys already have your mind made up. You just don't like the president for your own personal reasons, plain and simple.
    Bull**** you have never said anything. Face it you got nothing. Never have never will. You only like him because it is the popular thing to do. Prove me wrong which you never have and never will because you just bull**** and give reasons why you wont.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    According to the Obama-meter, he's kept 45% of his promises.

And here are all of his kept promises, if you're curious:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/
    Yeah, actually looking over all those things, it doesn't like to give you all the information that actually hurts the very reason to have those things. smh

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Bull**** you have never said anything. Face it you got nothing. Never have never will. Prove me wrong which you never have and never will because you just bull**** and give reasons why you wont.
    Go back and read through the thread kid. You will see. If you had been following the election and participated in this thread more, you would of acknowledged that already.

You only like him because it is the popular thing to do.
    You only dislike him because it's the popular thing to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, actually looking over all those things, it doesn't like to give you all the information that actually hurts the very reason to have those things. smh
    lol... You guys are never satisfied. First it was he hasn't done anything, now it's lacking information on why it hurts to have those things. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-20-2013 at 03:15.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Go back and read through the thread kid. You will see. If you had been following the election and participated in this thread more, you would of acknowledged that already.

lol... You guys are never satisfied. First it was he hasn't done anything, now it's lacking information on why it hurts to have those things. Unbelievable.
    It's always unbelievable to dislike how these things are bloated with so many things that it hurts the nation? I don't understand. It's like when Congress members admit to signing bills that they NEVER even read. I guess it would be kinda stupid to dislike something like that too.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Just because I do not post does not mean I do not read the thread. But please prove me wrong, go ahead I am waiting. I dislike him because he has almost nothing to show for his presidency aside from doubling debt and you who like him so much yet you can not even refute my question and you just make up more bull**** after bull**** much like what you will continue to do because you know you know nothing of him and what he has done and just follow what is cool. You prob never even read the part when I said I did vote for him first term but upon showing me he did nothing that term I voted for someone else. See I said that and have no problem re-saying it to refute you're point that I only like him because it is the popular thing on forum yet you refuse to refute my question because you know you have nothing and never will and continue to show it every time you post. Unless of course by now you have finally dug something up, which is unlikely.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The issue about gun control and its influence from the masses is that there's fear-mongering from the media, and ignorance. People don't understand gun crimes in relation to crime overall. They also choose to not look into what caused the shootings, but instead merely the tool utilized. I'm really beginning to wonder if this is very much a culture issue that's imbedded in American society.

For the love of ****, can you guys stop lambasting each other with political titles and generalizations? Do any of you actually have anything meaningful to say?
    If you notice, most people that had shot others in a rampage were either victims of a mental illness or were bullied. We need to start looking at the shooters with an open mind, rather than calling them criminals + a deserved death and then moving on.

I think we need to have a better system of support. Most people with issues have no one to turn to. The society is built upon independence to the point where people do not care about others' lives, in fact, it's seen as a good thing that you should let others have privacy.

I'm a victim of such things as well. I live a very independent life and I almost have no contact with my family/sibblings except my own. It's very difficult to keep that in a country that is the size of a continent. Very easy to lose relationships as you move away.

I feel like there are definitely advantages to living closer and being more involved in other peoples' lives...close relatives I mean and neighbours. So if a person has no one to turn to, I feel that they are only going to get worse.

A much bigger issue that what I'm saying here but just touching the surface. I think we need to move towards a more collective system of society that the rest of the world shows but not here. Independence to a point is good from others but I think at some point, you need others.

7. Likes Rapture wishes they had posted this first.
    Indoril Nerevar
    You're completely correct. If we truly want to lessen not only gun violence, but crime in total, we need to examine what causes these crimes in the first place. Primarily speaking, low income, poor mental health, and gang culture are roots of crime. In the case of terrorism or political-agenda violence, typically these results are due to the people involved feeling their opinions and beliefs are ignored or don't carry equal weight. Even if guns were removed from the citizenry, crimes will still happen. You haven't removed the cause for this persons actions or aggression. People need to realize that crime is a social, health, and economic issue. It's not this intangible, abstract thing that floats around and occasionally strikes.

We need to better society as a whole. Not wait until mistakes are made then shell out punishments where we deem fit.

9. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You're completely correct. If we truly want to lessen not only gun violence, but crime in total, we need to examine what causes these crimes in the first place. Primarily speaking, low income, poor mental health, and gang culture are roots of crime. In the case of terrorism or political-agenda violence, typically these results are due to the people involved feeling their opinions and beliefs are ignored or don't carry equal weight. Even if guns were removed from the citizenry, crimes will still happen. You haven't removed the cause for this persons actions or aggression. People need to realize that crime is a social, health, and economic issue. It's not this intangible, abstract thing that floats around and occasionally strikes.
    I am all for giving people the mental health needs and it is great idea but the hang up is parents in denial about it. Most of these cases with nut jobs going on rampage yes they have mental health issues but the parents are so neieve about it that having the extra help probably wouldn't do anything. It is like the parents who kids lock themselves in their room, never say anything, never bother to talk to their kids, then are completely shocked when they do something like shooting or suicide. They wouldn't be shocked if they acted like parents and made the effort to talk to their kids.

PSU Technical Advisor
    The smear campaign going on concerning firearms in the US is just appalling. The people screaming the loudest against privately owned firearms know the least about it, and have likely (almost assuredly) never owned any.

A reprehensible display of inability to properly analyze a situation, along with a grand amount of blame displacement. Our society's inability to take responsibility for itself is remarkable- not that this is in anyway limited to the US though.

Western nations in general tend to have a negative view of firearms.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Extreme Poster
    I am all for giving people the mental health needs and it is great idea but the hang up is parents in denial about it. Most of these cases with nut jobs going on rampage yes they have mental health issues but the parents are so neieve about it that having the extra help probably wouldn't do anything. It is like the parents who kids lock themselves in their room, never say anything, never bother to talk to their kids, then are completely shocked when they do something like shooting or suicide. They wouldn't be shocked if they acted like parents and made the effort to talk to their kids.
    Most parents are oblivious to what's going on in their kids' lives and I'm no expert but I feel like it has to do with their generation. For whatever reason, I see that with my parents too and parents I've seen around me. So this puts more responsibility that I cannot let the same happen to my children.

Our duty as parents is not just to raise our kids, feed them, let them be, whatever else, it's also to educate them so they know how to live their life better than we did.

I can't blame parents for not being involved with their kids. I really can't, having a child of my own, while I spend a lot of time with him, it's very easy to ignore and do our own thing...as it's already very stressful to take care of them and bring home the dough.

Another big problem is that parents don't know how to engage their kids...so far I haven't run into that issue and I'm usually good with kids so I'm hopeful that my child will not grow up and go through the issues people describe about how they are in their teens.

That's very difficult to overcome but I've seen parents that have overcome...sadly that means you have to be good as an entertainer lol and you can't expect everyone to do that. Only parents that are involved with their kids, are the ones that are quick on their feet, entertaining, not afraid to live a little, not be judgmental, understanding the psychology of how to train kids and how to let them confide in you. that sorta thing. all things very difficult and i can't blame parents for not being experts on it.

Forum Sage
    Just because I do not post does not mean I do not read the thread. But please prove me wrong, go ahead I am waiting. I dislike him because he has almost nothing to show for his presidency aside from doubling debt and you who like him so much yet you can not even refute my question and you just make up more bull**** after bull**** much like what you will continue to do because you know you know nothing of him and what he has done and just follow what is cool. You prob never even read the part when I said I did vote for him first term but upon showing me he did nothing that term I voted for someone else. See I said that and have no problem re-saying it to refute you're point that I only like him because it is the popular thing on forum yet you refuse to refute my question because you know you have nothing and never will and continue to show it every time you post. Unless of course by now you have finally dug something up, which is unlikely.

Obama hasn't delivered on all promises but some he has:
    Killing Bin laden
    ending DADT
    Ledbetter Act
    Hate crimes prevention Act
    Credit card reform
    New GI bill

Those are only just a few and there is much more so don't act like he hasn't done anything. You call those minor successes. ...
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-Thread/page66
    of course this only one of the many
    The hate is strong in you dude. Why you so mad?

Miqo'te Bard
    of course this only one of the many
    The hate is strong in you dude. Why you so mad?

Ahh a typical response from you. U mad u mad u mad. Really is that your only response? You finally provided something then ignore the rest of my post. Only person mad here is U. Most of what you posted has been on the table long before he was ever president and all he did was sign his name. Where are all the promises he made? When are our troops coming home? When is the rich going to pay a little more? So why U mad bro? Because he hasn't followed through on his big promises? The hate is strong with you bro.

Taylor-Swift-U-Mad-Bro_large.jpg

Forum Sage
    Ahh a typical response from you. U mad u mad u mad. Really is that your only response? You finally provided something then ignore the rest of my post. Only person mad here is U. Most of what you posted has been on the table long before he was ever president and all he did was sign his name. Where are all the promises he made? When are our troops coming home? When is the rich going to pay a little more? So why U mad bro? Because he hasn't followed through on his big promises? The hate is strong with you bro.

Taylor-Swift-U-Mad-Bro_large.jpg
    lol...really dude. Taylor Swift.

I guess you haven't been reading the thread like you said you were. I gave you what you wanted and you still complain and just try to deny it, just like i said would happen. Your response to that list just goes to prove you guys will never give credit for anything simply because you just don't like the man. At least you are consistent though. The next 3 years are gonna be rough on some of you here.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-20-2013 at 05:39.

Miqo'te Bard
    lol...really dude. Taylor Swift.

I guess you haven't been reading the thread like you said you were. I gave you what you wanted and you still complain and just try to deny it, just like i said would happen. Your response to that list just goes to prove you guys will never give credit for anything simply because you just don't like the man. At least you are consistent though. The next 3 years are gonna be rough on some of you here.
    LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf.jpg

Forum Sage
    lol...I know it's kinda hard to respond when you have to:

Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Okay I think that's enough derailing.

Supreme Veteran

Humans really need to understand the world around them and understand that what they say, is neither fact or fiction

It is just over-carrier weight

Veteran
    Don't blame his legacy on anyone else. Let the man stay hidden....lol
    Did you understand the point of the post? If so, what did your response have to do with my post?
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Unbound Mercenary
    lol, just remember boys.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

PSU Technical Advisor
    There isn't much of a defense for gun or drug laws. There are some exceptions, stuff that is just ludicrously bad (crack cocaine, bath salts, heroin) but otherwise- meh. It doesn't do anything but hurt our nation more over all.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    There isn't much of a defense for gun or drug laws. There are some exceptions, stuff that is just ludicrously bad (crack cocaine, bath salts, heroin) but otherwise- meh. It doesn't do anything but hurt our nation more over all.
    you know, i used to be all about removal of guns but then i looked more arguments and realized that yes, guns don't kill people even if yes, in some ways if it is available, you're more inclined to do worse than you otherwise would have.

however, i saw a chart by someone who is pro-gun and in that chart, i clearly saw that gun laws did reduce crime. if that's true then we can conclude that to some point it does reduce the chances and it makes sense while pro-gun also makes sense. i think there needs to be a good balance.

also i think there are countries out there that have more need for a gun and some that don't have much need i.e. Canada.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you know, i used to be all about removal of guns but then i looked more arguments and realized that yes, guns don't kill people even if yes, in some ways if it is available, you're more inclined to do worse than you otherwise would have.

however, i saw a chart by someone who is pro-gun and in that chart, i clearly saw that gun laws did reduce crime. if that's true then we can conclude that to some point it does reduce the chances and it makes sense while pro-gun also makes sense. i think there needs to be a good balance.

also i think there are countries out there that have more need for a gun and some that don't have much need i.e. Canada.

I've never seen any worthwhile study that backs up the assertion that gun control positively affects overall crime (not "gun" crimes, net crime).

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I've never seen any worthwhile study that backs up the assertion that gun control positively affects overall crime (not "gun" crimes, net crime).
    That might be true but anecdotally, I feel like there can be cases where the situation may not have escalated if a gun wasn't present. Given that neither people were criminals.

Much easier to kill with a gun than a knife...and sure that happens too but do we really think that school shooter would've been capable of going through that many people to kill the kids? It must've taken him minutes as without a gun, it would've taken him at least an hour and a lot more guts to do it.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That might be true but anecdotally, I feel like there can be cases where the situation may not have escalated if a gun wasn't present. Given that neither people were criminals.

Much easier to kill with a gun than a knife...and sure that happens too but do we really think that school shooter would've been capable of going through that many people to kill the kids? It must've taken him minutes as without a gun, it would've taken him at least an hour and a lot more guts to do it.
    What type of gun control would have prevented that school shooting from happening? Think Columbine.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What type of gun control would have prevented that school shooting from happening? Think Columbine.
    I'm not a gun expert here, I know you guys are much more knowlegeable than myself and I honestly think guns aren't the issue but want to look at the subject from an objective point of view, maybe there is something in there we're missing? Would you rather there were no restrictions at all?

Look at this article, do you agree or disagree? I want to learn more about it but I've been kind of torn by both sides, it always seems to me that both sides have valid points.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ing/?mobile=nc

Thread Information