Page 174 of 212 FirstFirst ... 164174184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5283
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I never said the M16 didn't come from the AR-15.
    No you seem to avoid that one....lol But it's illegal to have parts from m16 into a AR 15...because they're so different right.

The military adopted it and changed what it called.
    Fixed that for ya...lol

The M16 rifle, officially designated Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16, is the United States military version of the AR-15 rifle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle
    Someone is in some serious denial. But i guess that is wrong too right.smh

This is pretty hilarious. I may have to forward this link to a buddy.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-23-2013 at 03:30.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It still ISN'T an AR15. It is a rifle based off the AR15, but it ISN'T an AR15. It is an M16. Period. End. If you don't believe that, fine. No need to continue posting the same thing over and over again. I say it isn't, you say it is.

Forum Sage
    It still ISN'T an AR15. It is a rifle based off the AR15, but it ISN'T an AR15. It is an M16. Period. End. If you don't believe that, fine. No need to continue posting the same thing over and over again. I say it isn't, you say it is.

So let me get this straight. You say it isn't a AR 15 even after it was explained to you(not only by me) why the military can't call it that? You are saying they are two totally different weapons because the military calls it M16, but its illegal to exchange certain parts between the two. Is that because they are so different, or similar? You are saying that the M16 is based off of the AR15 but it's not a military styled weapon which makes no sense....lol

The fact is that you are wrong. Without the AR15 there would be no M16. Same rifle, different names. One is civilian and the other is military. It's not my fault that you can't understand that.

Why you keep avoiding this statement?:

The M16 rifle, officially designated Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16, is the United States military version of the AR-15 rifle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle
    You are saying that this is wrong?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-23-2013 at 04:14.

Forum Overseer
    ok i really don't know what's going on but you're saying that it's the same rifle but just has a different name...but then you're also saying that only "certain" parts can be exchanged.

So then it's not the same with different names, it's (M16) just like a spiritual successor. Inspired. Influenced. At least now...seems like they were more similar before.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi;6071063[B
    ]ok i really don't know what's going on[/B] but you're saying that it's the same rifle but just has a different name...but then you're also saying that only "certain" parts can be exchanged.

So then it's not the same with different names, it's (M16) just like a spiritual successor. Inspired. Influenced. At least now...seems like they were more similar before.
    What's going on is that Fear is wrong. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about the Model 16 being the military version of the AR15. I think it's a bit funny because i know the real reason why he is saying that stuff. Its because he disagrees with the notion that the AR15 is a military style weapon, so he says they are different, but they really aren't. It all goes back to the gun debate. To sum this all up. The military uses AR15 but they aren't called that for obvious reasons. We do modify the heck out of them though with things like grenade launchers and lasers.

This is so crazy...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-23-2013 at 05:07.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, it's the same gun.

And don't bring that crap up about military style because you don't even know what the hell that means.

Veteran
    I'm still curious... what does "military styled weapon" mean? Should the black Beretta 1911 pistols be banned because they are clearly "military styled weapons"?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-24-2013 at 00:36.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I'm still curious... what does "military styled weapon" mean? Should the black Beretta 1911 pistols be banned because they are clearly "military styled weapons"?
    There isn't any real, actual definition of "military style". It's a list of features dictated by Congress. It is basically whatever they want to ban, they'll include as a military style feature or weapon.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Basically.

Veteran
    I was hoping Substance could explain it clearly since that's the argument he seemed to be leaning on.

Aren't the 1911 model pistol's "military style"? What if it's a mini 14? Is that considered to be military style?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-26-2013 at 13:49.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...rement-gamble/

anyone else seen this?

pretty depressing... certainly seems like the deck is stacked against the working class

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Anything that gives the civilian a fighting chance against the government. Pretty broad statement but it's what liberals use to instill fear to the rest of the population.

Forum Overseer
    You know, I'm not on either side, I think both sides have points and both have some issues. What I will ask though, if the govt. lets us keep our weapons and then attacks us...do we have a chance either way? The military is very powerful right? The way I look at it and I'm not saying it's the best way to look at it. If $#@! hits the fan tomorrow and I don't see a reason why that would happen, but let's just say for the sake of the argument...yea go ahead, shoot my ass. I don't care lol.

Really if they feel I'm supposed to be dead then regardless of what I had (like an M16 with 5 mags and a grenade), I'm still a dead man walking. Why are we so afraid of the govt? If the criminals can get weapons anyway then if the needs arises, so can we right?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    if the govt. lets us keep our weapons and then attacks us...do we have a chance either way? The military is very powerful right?
    The government would want to control us, not destroy us. That gives us an advantage, since they won't outright nuke the country or something.

Also, there are about 260 million gun owners in America, compared to about 2 million military personel.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The government would want to control us, not destroy us. That gives us an advantage, since they won't outright nuke the country or something.
    I do agree that we should keep our guns but think about it, don't they already control us? In countries where govt is not in control, more uprising can happen.

Also, there are about 260 million gun owners in America, compared to about 2 million military personel.
    But realistically, those 260m people aren't much against tanks, BMPs, Apache, and I donno, a billion more things that are designed to efficiently kill. All I'm saying is, having a few small firearms aren't really going to save us either way.

Again, yea, we should keep the guns either way but any amount of it won't save us from the military. You're right, they do want to control us more rather than destroy us but I swear a lot of people make it seem like they want to destroy us.

As for govt control, as technology goes further, it's inevitable. It's just becoming too easy to monitor and keep tags on things.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I was hoping Substance could explain it clearly since that's the argument he seemed to be leaning on.

Aren't the 1911 model pistol's "military style"? What if it's a mini 14? Is that considered to be military style?
    I have a pistol that was entirely made for military\PMC groups.

This is an iteration of their original product, the Sig 1911 Blackwater (made for, you guessed it, Blackwater).

For all its black scariness and nice features, it's still just a .45ACP pistol that holds 8+1 with its default mags out of the box.

And then there's my scary ass mag fed semi auto shotgun (made by RUSSIANS ZOMG):

I'm sure this $#@! drives gun control people nuts- but it's still just a 12 gauge. Just looks frightening.

I'd also be curious in hearing about these 'terrifying' military features as well and why I shouldn't be allowed to have access to them.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 05-01-2013 at 16:18.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What kind of moron give a 5 year old a real working gun?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20.../20784696.html

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

More so who gives a 5 year old a loaded real gun? That is just bad parenting and lack of asult commonsense.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Nothing wrong with a five year old having a real working gun. There is a problem with that child not being properly supervised, etc. My kids have been able to shoot a gun since they were 4, and have been taught very well with the responsibilities that come with having weapons in the house, etc.

So, am I a moron?

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You know, I'm not on either side, I think both sides have points and both have some issues. What I will ask though, if the govt. lets us keep our weapons and then attacks us...do we have a chance either way? The military is very powerful right?
    There's no way. The military is comprised of Us citizens with ideals matching most Americans. If a commander was given the order to attack US citizens, he'd deny it. There's basically no chance that these commands would give through the chain of commands and be followed every step.

The necessary clarification here is that the citizens should be armed with potential power to fight an already attacking government; it's there so it can be utilized to remove if we simply deem our government inappropriate to lead us. And, if there was a mass uprising, you can be your ass the military would side with the people anyways. Any evil to be successfully done by the government is through legislation and slow social acceptance to restrictions (which is what we really need to look out for in this day an age).
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    There's no way. The military is comprised of Us citizens with ideals matching most Americans. If a commander was given the order to attack US citizens, he'd deny it. There's basically no chance that these commands would give through the chain of commands and be followed every step.

The necessary clarification here is that the citizens should be armed with potential power to fight an already attacking government; it's there so it can be utilized to remove if we simply deem our government inappropriate to lead us. And, if there was a mass uprising, you can be your ass the military would side with the people anyways. Any evil to be successfully done by the government is through legislation and slow social acceptance to restrictions (which is what we really need to look out for in this day an age).
    Trust me I totally agree with you, the premise is given by some republicans out there. For the sake of argument, guns aren't going to help much...also, if criminals can get guns then so can we, so why afraid?

Forum Sage
    Nothing wrong with a five year old having a real working gun. There is a problem with that child not being properly supervised, etc. My kids have been able to shoot a gun since they were 4, and have been taught very well with the responsibilities that come with having weapons in the house, etc.

So, am I a moron?
    All kinds of wrong with that IMO, but they are your kids.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Something needs to be done about these darn guns! Pass the laws that would regulate guns already!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    All kinds of wrong with that IMO, but they are your kids.
    How is it wrong? I can't think of a single thing, much less "all kinds"... I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Something needs to be done about these darn guns! Pass the laws that would regulate guns already!
    I want to punch you in your ovaries.

26. Likes Ezekiel likes this post

Thread Information