Page 179 of 212 FirstFirst ... 169179189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5283
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Alright, fair enough. But what about what another person mentioned above that the army sometimes helps out. e.g. Katrina.

also, will you give an example of when they used force and intimidation? I have not heard of such a thing yet.

warrant-less search makes total sense, the guy's on loose and could've been very dangerous. i'd rather the police/army breaks into my house rather than ask me if they can come in so they can take away a terrorist from my backyard.
    lol yuichi briefed me on that, i thought i was going crazy.
    In the case of something like Katrina, the Army Corps of Engineers are called in. This wasn't Katrina or anything near on that scale so there was no need to ever have the military there at all.

http://www.infowars.com/shocking-foo...by-swat-teams/

Anyway. You should never EVER sacrifice one ounce of liberty for security because once you do, you will have neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The military was only helping in cordoning off areas, and the police didn't need warrants because it was declared a state of emergency which allows them to trespass without it. There was no intimidation used . It was just normal procedure for this type of operation.
    No it wasn't "normal procedure". No, they weren't "just cordoning off areas" either. Look at the pics in the link above.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What use of force and intimidation? I haven't seen any info on people being searched beyond a scope of the problem.
    Link above.

Forum Sage
    Well if he has that pic he was obviously doing more than just looking out the window.

yes, my gun would either pointed at him or in his direction in that situation. The officer is at a disadvantage in that position. As far as they knew this guy could of been in one of those houses hiding out and he obviously wasn't afraid to shoot at them. They already murdered one cop. What don't you understand about that?
    And you know this how? For all we know he is taking a quick look out the window to see what is going on.

What part of that guy is wearing body armor and is partially protected by the turret is hard to understand.

I'm betting his saftey is off in a situation like that. All it takes is one slip of the finger....

It's one thing if you are in a warzone, quite another if you are in a suburb in the USA in a lawful situation where you essentially have complete control.

Well, that camo made it look like an army and didn't we agree earlier that the army did help?

Yea that picture is exactly why I said what I said. Yes, it is somewhat intimidating but it's nothing new. What I think is that the guy was either making sure it wasn't a threat or probably just bored and wanted to feel cool (stupid and young). That stuff happens.

Well, I don't think that should happen in Iraq or Afghanistan however that's a war-zone so I understand. At the same time, I don't think people should be looking outside their windows when a firefight can break out at any point.

Now they can't tell everyone to stay inside and not look out the window but they can point at them, that's not against the law, for all we know, he was probably making sure it wasn't a threat.

I'd feel threatened too if I was looking for a criminal. I agree that it does come off as intimidating but at the same time, I wouldn't be looking out the window either. They are actively looking for someone, why get in the line of potential threat?

That's part of their training, to not assume everyone is unarmed, it's the opposite that they're supposed to assume.
    They already shut everything down and got everyone to stay inside. What the hell more could you want? People cowering ing their bathtubs for several hours waiting for an all clear signal/updates from their portable radio?

I think the events in California and Boston have shown us a disturbing side of our government and how they handle these kinds of situations.

Nothing like this happened during the DC Sniper Spree in Oct 2002.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't know what to say. I know I would definitely not be looking out the window in plain sight like that...because I know they're expecting threat.

But if someone else does, I guess they can but unless this guy told the window guy to come downstairs and open his legs, he was probably just making sure it wasn't a threat.

As for Morganator, I'm not saying you guys don't have a point but has nothing ever like this ever happened before? Wasn't Waco a great example of too much force? So it's not like anything happened after that, did it? Why should we be fearful of this? is what I'm trying to understand...even if they did use somewhat force.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Ugh whoa I didn't know anything about this. Police pointing guns at civilians and conducting warrantLess searches of houses. I didn't know they could or would do this, thanks for enlightening me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Overseer
    You've never seen that before? lol. Wait, my sarcasm meter wasn't working back there, I'm sensing now that it may have been hardcore sarcasm.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    You've never seen that before? lol. Wait, my sarcasm meter wasn't working back there, I'm sensing now that it may have been hardcore sarcasm.
    Not sarcasm, just call me ignorant. I had no idea and never heard anything about it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Overseer
    Naa man, I've seen $#@! like this before, albeit not in real life but on the net. The police force is fierce in this country but there's a good reason for that. The criminals are also fierce.

I do not $#@! around with cops...I can't imagine how people have them chase around and sometimes try to run over them or run away from them...I just can't see myself doing that.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    In the case of something like Katrina, the Army Corps of Engineers are called in. This wasn't Katrina or anything near on that scale so there was no need to ever have the military there at all.
    If the ANG was there then someone obviously requested them. This is what they do. They provide support to police.

Anyway. You should never EVER sacrifice one ounce of liberty for security because once you do, you will have neither.
    No liberty was sacrificed.

No it wasn't "normal procedure". No, they weren't "just cordoning off areas" either. Look at the pics in the link above.
    What the hell are you talking about? I see this:

Looks like they are assisting police in cordoning off an area to me. No weapons and no protective head gear. i'm sure there were military police and other support(maybe ordnance support) on standby as well which is also normal.

Ron Paul and Alex jones have got a serious grip on you dude....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-10-2013 at 04:17.

Forum Overseer
    Would it matter if they had weapons and protective head gear?

Forum Sage
    Would it matter if they had weapons and protective head gear?
    My point is to show that they are there in a supporting role. Why would they need weapons? This isn't a military operation. Just really focus on that link he provided. It tells you all you need to know about where it's coming from....lol

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    And you know this how? For all we know he is taking a quick look out the window to see what is going on.
    For all we know the cop saw someone in the window holding something and just reacted like he was trained to do.
    What part of that guy is wearing body armor and is partially protected by the turret is hard to understand.
    Doesn't mean anything. He could still be shot from that higher position.....Boy, you would make an awful wingman....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-10-2013 at 04:35.

Forum Sage

If the ANG was there then someone obviously requested them. This is what they do. They provide support to police.

No liberty was sacrificed.

What the hell are you talking about? I see this:

Looks like they are assisting police in cordoning off an area to me. No weapons and no protective head gear. i'm sure there were military police and other support(maybe ordnance support) on standby as well which is also normal.

Ron Paul and Alex jones have got a serious grip on you dude....lol
    And yet, you ignore every other $#@!ing picture. Are you this $#@!ing dense or are you willfully ignorant? You certainly aren't someone who really cares about the rights of the individual. That fact has been proven time and again. For $#@! sake. It's like I'm debating with a child. You aren't even worth my time. You cherry-$#@!ing-pick one damn picture as if that somehow makes your assertion wholly correct.

How would you like it if you were forced from your home at gunpoint and your home, effects and person were searched and/or seized without due process? And don't even bother countering with, "but the government would never do that to me" bull$#@! because it's already happened in Boston, happens at every $#@!ing airport and every goddamn government building you step into.

People like you deserve the current system. I sure as hell won't be fighting for your kind.

Forum Sage
    And yet, you ignore every other $#@!ing picture. Are you this $#@!ing dense or are you willfully ignorant? You certainly aren't someone who really cares about the rights of the individual. That fact has been proven time and again. For $#@! sake. It's like I'm debating with a child. You aren't even worth my time. You cherry-$#@!ing-pick one damn picture as if that somehow makes your assertion wholly correct.
    lol...what are you talking about? Show me the other pictures you are referring to.
    You said this:
    No it wasn't "normal procedure". No, they weren't "just cordoning off areas" either.

Now show me the pic from that link that supports what you are saying.

How would you like it if you were forced from your home at gunpoint and your home, effects and person were searched and/or seized without due process? And don't even bother countering with, "but the government would never do that to me" bull$#@! because it's already happened in Boston, happens at every $#@!ing airport and every goddamn government building you step into.
    lol...It's certainly a inconvenience, but given the situation I can understand why it was done. You are making it out like they are just barging into the house and throwing people on the floor. No, they did a house to house search and asked people to come with their hands up, searched, and then allowed them to go back in. No one was arrested for resisting or violated in such a way you described. It was declared a state of emergency.

Wiki
    A state of emergency is a governmental declaration which usually suspends a few normal functions of the executive, legislative and judicial powers, alert citizens to change their normal behaviors, or order government agencies to implement emergency preparedness plans. It can also be used as a rationale for suspending rights and freedoms, even if guaranteed under the constitution.
    People like you deserve the current system. I sure as hell won't be fighting for your kind.
    Fighting for my kind? What the hell does that mean? What is this fight you are referring too?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-10-2013 at 06:03.

Forum Sage

lol...what are you talking about? Show me the other pictures you are referring to.
    You said this:

Now show me the pic from that link that supports what you are saying.

lol...It's certainly a inconvenience, but given the situation I can understand why it was done. You are making it out like they are just barging into the house and throwing people on the floor. No, they did a house to house search and asked people to come with their hands up, searched, and then allowed them to go back in. No one was arrested for resisting or violated in such a way you described. It was declared a state of emergency.

Wiki

Fighting for my kind? What the hell does that mean? What is this fight you are referring too?
    Look at ALL the pictures. I'm done babysitting and doing your homework for you. If you can't bother to actually LOOK at what I've presented, then I'm done with you.

Forum Sage
    Look at ALL the pictures. I'm done babysitting and doing your homework for you. If you can't bother to actually LOOK at what I've presented, then I'm done with you.
    I did, and the one I posted is the only one with military personnel in them. Those other pics are of local and federal police. You are obviously confused my friend.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    @Matrix2 They are in state of emergency and patrolling. If someone suddenly showed up to the window holding and object you would want to make sure you could respond if it was a weapon. In this case it was not and the person was doing his job looking through scope to see what was this person in the window holding an object. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is use common sense which people are seriously lacking. Hey state of emergency and they patrolling let me go to window with an object and take pictures. Yeah total sense to me. What would have done because you consider that a threat? Walk outside and yell and complain? Yeah another smart move. The smart thing to do is stay inside, relax, watch some tv, play a game, and not be a looky lou out the window, it is just as bad as people driving looking at a car crash or a cop pulling someone over than crash themselves. A little common sense goes a long way.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Engage again... sad.

anonymous servers FTW eh? Don't worry... your efforts and dedication to keep boosting our member statistics is wonderful!

In addition, you are quickly making it apparent that the only way to get you out of here is to close and ban all political topics So keep hiding behind anonymouse.org and torservers.net, make accounts, no problem. We will just keep giving our SMC and MODS practice.
    LMAO

Veteran
    I did see the John Stewart bit on Benghazi, but I don't see how this can be billed as an incident that doesn't warrant investigation.

We know mistakes were made, we know an American Ambassador was murdered, we know it was a planned terrorist attack, shouldn't we figure out what the hell happened so we can attempt to decrease the likely hood of it happening again in the future?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 05-10-2013 at 16:01.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Veteran
    Good lord.... Benghazi, the IRS, now the AP.... anyone have any thoughts on all of this?

Forum Overseer
    I'm turning away from Democrats as time goes on.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Goodness....

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Goodness....

lol...Faux news.

Forum Overseer
    Why is Obama doing this?
    lol...Faux news.
    Give reasons then. I've been sort of following this and I have yet to hear a defense other than "It's nothing!"

Veteran
    lol...Faux news.
    That's all you got huh?? Ignore the message and pan the messenger! Standard tactic used when you can't come up with an actual rebuttal.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Damn, the Government ain't $#@!!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    That's all you got huh?? Ignore the message and pan the messenger! Standard tactic used when you can't come up with an actual rebuttal.
    lol.... wes, you just can't help yourself....lol
    Faux news is a rebuttal....lol I don't even have to watch it to know what it says. They already tried that benghazi thing before, it's not gonna work. No one is going down for anything that happened there, just like no one went down for those WMDs. It's funny to see them try and scrape up things though. I give them credit for at at least trying to get the jump on 2016 though. It's not gonna work. People know partisan politics when they see it.

Thread Information