Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 172182192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5410
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's pretty pathetic. I wish I didn't live here any more lol.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Americas in a state of emergency as i smoke kush

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    Great argument.

One of the most respected and livable countries in the world? I think I will have fun.
    What has NZ ever done for the world? Compare it to what the US has done. I rest my case.

Only a fool would try to run a country based on the opinions of other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Congress...... Lets be fair here. There is only so much we can do. Voting lobbying, petitioning and paying attention is only so good considering in the end it is still down to the politicians in there to actually do what you put them there for, or just do whatever the hell they want with total disregard for the fact that we put them there for a reason in the first place (or better yet, can't do their job because of other politicians who simply oppose them, or want to do whatever they want to do)

America is in a mess, and I personally have no hope at the moment that these guys will ever get their $#@! together.

And yes it is times like this that reinforce my desire to move out of this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You guys are free to leave at any time.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    being free is the merica dream
    Last edited by -Dj-; 10-02-2013 at 01:55.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    What has NZ ever done for the world? Compare it to what the US has done. I rest my case.

Only a fool would try to run a country based on the opinions of other countries.

Wow, thanks for letting me know. smh It isn't free to leave.

Let me know how you like your health insurance premiums go up 40+% over the next year. Let me know how much you enjoy knowing that our national debt continues to go up, up, and up. It's awesome knowing that the President won't negotiate with the US Congress, but will negotiate with Syria lol. Goodness. The list could go on. Not just the President of course.. Congress is just as messed up as the President is.

Can you give me an idea of what is actually good for the country in regards to the President and Congress? Maybe you're a lot smarter than I am when it comes to these things. Enlighten me.

Unbound Mercenary
    Just got in, whats going on?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Finally You Are Free
    It's absolutely ridiculous. The Government has so many issues that I've been wanting to move away for some time now. I would have already if I didn't have my family tying me down here.

Imagine if we actually utilized our vast resources and wealth to create a better society, where we prioritized what's important over the needless. It pains me to think what America could be if our leaders weren't bat-$#@! insane. We need to remove everyone in power and start anew, with a new generation and new ideas taking charge.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Just got in, whats going on?
    gov shut down so no more panda cam at the National Zoo

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous. The Government has so many issues that I've been wanting to move away for some time now. I would have already if I didn't have my family tying me down here.

Imagine if we actually utilized our vast resources and wealth to create a better society, where we prioritized what's important over the needless. It pains me to think what America could be if our leaders weren't bat-$#@! insane. We need to remove everyone in power and start anew, with a new generation and new ideas taking charge.
    I wish that would happen.

I mean.. the President gives exemptions to businesses, but not to citizens... wtf. It just goes more and more on to show how businesses are what this country is about; they give the most money for lobbying, campaigns, etc., so they get the help while the American citizens get the increases.

Unbound Mercenary
    I have no problem with the shut down, it had to happen.

Finally You Are Free
    No it didn't. The Republicans could have acted like adults and negotiated things responsibility, instead of forcing a shutdown and causing a host of unnecessary issues just because they're upset.

Unbound Mercenary
    No it didn't. The Republicans could have acted like adults and negotiated things responsibility, instead of forcing a shutdown and causing a host of unnecessary issues just because they're upset.
    How typical.

How about Obama attempt to discuss stuff, why is it only the republicans that get complained at for not discussing.

Finally You Are Free
    Uh, Obama isn't part of Congress. What does that have to do with the subject at hand? The republicans sat out negotiation the budget, and because of that most of the Federal Government has to be put on standby until a budget could be set. That's the reality of the situation. The republicans are acting like children here.

Unbound Mercenary
    Well, I hope they continue to act like "children".

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Uh, Obama isn't part of Congress. What does that have to do with the subject at hand? The republicans sat out negotiation the budget, and because of that most of the Federal Government has to be put on standby until a budget could be set. That's the reality of the situation. The republicans are acting like children here.
    I think you're a bit misinformed about it. Maybe I'm wrong here.. hell, who knows.

The House sent the compromises to the Senate, but they wouldn't do anything with the House. How does that make the Republicans acting like children?

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I think you're a bit misinformed about it. Maybe I'm wrong here.. hell, who knows.

The House sent the compromises to the Senate, but they wouldn't do anything with the House. How does that make the Republicans acting like children?

The health care bill is the law. It was a bipartisan vote. It was passed by the supreme court. There doesn't need to be any compromise. Shutting down part of the gov because you don't like a law is ridiculous.

We all know they have been planning this since 2010. They are fighting a battle they can't win. And they wonder why congress approval is so low. All they are doing is sealing their defeat in the election of 2016. If they are smart, they would let the health care law be. If it turns out to be as bad as they say, then it falls back on the Obama administration. Then they could say, I told you so. Instead, they have managed to sink even lower than they already are.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-02-2013 at 04:02.

Finally You Are Free
    Obamacare was passed by the Supreme Court, Congress, and signed by Obama. The House is owned by the republicans right now, who aren't much keen to Obamacare (despite helping pass it...). They're the ones putting up this standstill about deciding its budget, and we all know why. It's the classic 'us vs them' mentality. They're not negotiating at all.

Unbound Mercenary
    Obamacare was passed by the Supreme Court, Congress, and signed by Obama. The House is owned by the republicans right now, who aren't much keen to Obamacare (despite helping pass it...). They're the ones putting up this standstill about deciding its budget, and we all know why. It's the classic 'us vs them' mentality. They're not negotiating at all.
    Good.

Anything to hold back Obama from doing anything until his term is over.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The health care bill is the law. It was a bipartisan vote. It was passed by the supreme court. There doesn't need to be any compromise. Shutting down part of the gov because you don't like a law is ridiculous.

We all know they have been planning this since 2010. They are fighting a battle they can't win. And they wonder why congress approval is so low. All they are doing is sealing their defeat in the election of 2016. If they are smart, they would let the health care law be. If it turns out to be as bad as they say, then it falls back on the Obama administration. Then they could say, I told you so. Instead, they have managed to sink even lower than they already are.
    You have a weird definition of bipartisan lol.

ALL Republicans voted against it in the house and senate. Hell, 39 Democrats in the House voted against it. No one $#@!ing read the damn thing. Nanci Pelosi said it has to be passed before we get to know what is in it. ffs man.

The law is what is ridiculous. The President gives businesses a chance to exempt, Congress gets to be exempt... citizens get to pay penalties if they don't have insurance. Jesus Christ. If you actually thing this Obamacare $#@! is actually good for our country, you have a screwed sense of good and bad. Premiums are going to be going up, despite Obama promising prices would go down. It'll be hard to find a doctor that accepts insurance, or "Obamacare" insurance.

Yeah, they helped him by all voting against it??

The Senate passed it 60-39, all Republicans voted against it (except the one guy that didn't vote at all). The House was 219-212, all 178 Republicans voted against it. Explain how that is called "helping" pass it.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-02-2013 at 04:21.

20. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Elite Sage
    I guess they haven't learned from the last time. It's hilarious because all you hear is about the tea party is how they love and believe in the constitution, then they try to bullying to get their way. In order to repeal a law it has to be passed through both houses of congress. They tried to repeal the health care law over 40 times and it failed. Now they are taking drastic measures thinking this is gonna give them a win. The House is in disarray right now. They just can't get over the fact they they lost.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I guess they haven't learned from the last time. It's hilarious because all you hear is about the tea party is how they love and believe in the constitution, then they try to bullying to get their way. In order to repeal a law it has to be passed through both houses of congress. They tried to repeal the health care law over 40 times and it failed. Now they are taking drastic measures thinking this is gonna give them a win. The House is in disarray right now. They just can't get over the fact they they lost.
    They lost... WE lost. WE THE PEOPLE lost.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    please tell me why can't the people in usa rich or poor get the best heath care possible

Elite Sage
    You have a weird definition of bipartisan lol.

ALL Republicans voted against it in the house and senate. Hell, 39 Democrats in the House voted against it. No one $#@!ing read the damn thing. Nanci Pelosi said it has to be passed before we get to know what is in it. ffs man.

The law is what is ridiculous. The President gives businesses a chance to exempt, Congress gets to be exempt... citizens get to pay penalties if they don't have insurance. Jesus Christ. If you actually thing this Obamacare $#@! is actually good for our country, you have a screwed sense of good and bad. Premiums are going to be going up, despite Obama promising prices would go down. It'll be hard to find a doctor that accepts insurance, or "Obamacare" insurance.
    You got your facts a little wrong. All republicans didn't vote against the law. Even if that was true, it doesn't matter what you or anyone thinks of the law. It was sent to the supreme court and it passed. May I remind you that it was the vote of a republican judge on that court that sealed the deal. No one knows if it would be good for the country just yet. It's actually just went into effect today. If this law is as bad as the republican claim then they are really stupid for trying to delay it. The people have voted on it. It's the law of the land. They tried to defeat it and they failed. It's time for them to move on.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Good.

Anything to hold back Obama from doing anything until his term is over.
    This doesn't accomplish anything. Obamacare exists, it is law. This only postpones its budget signing. This has numerous negative effects for absolutely no gain. This is a terrible thing. There's no argument to the contrary. Your hatred for Obama doesn't change that.

Yeah, they helped him by all voting against it??

The Senate passed it 60-39, all Republicans voted against it (except the one guy that didn't vote at all). The House was 219-212, all 178 Republicans voted against it. Explain how that is called "helping" pass it.
    Huh. I've always read otherwise. I'll go google it now.

-Obamacare-
    I see a lot going on about his subject. Some say it's good for reasons x, and some say it's bad for reasons y. It's basically impossible to find any real conclusions and facts about it because each next statement contradicts the former.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 10-02-2013 at 04:37.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    You got your facts a little wrong. All republicans didn't vote against the law. Even if that was true, it doesn't matter what you or anyone thinks of the law. It was sent to the supreme court and it passed. May I remind you that it was the vote of a republican judge on that court that sealed the deal. No one knows if it would be good for the country just yet. It's actually just went into effect today. If this law is as bad as the republican claim then they are really stupid for trying to delay it. The people have voted on it. It's the law of the land. They tried to defeat it and they failed. It's time for them to move on.
    No, my facts are correct. If you can find the vote count that contradicts that, I'll be happy to admit to being wrong.

I would love to be wrong on the negativity I have over the Obamacare, and how it's going to put us further in the hole. The people didn't vote on it bro. The Democrats made it the law. Period. Not ifs ands or buts about that.

Thread Information