Page 191 of 212 FirstFirst ... 181191201 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5283
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah I know. People will go against the facts no matter how true they are.
    Absolutely....lol especially when the facts obscure the truth.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Lighten the mood a little.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Across North Carolina, thousands of people have been shocked in recent weeks to find out their health insurance plans will be canceled at the end of the year – and premiums for comparable coverage could increase sharply.

One of them is George Schwab of Charlotte, who pays $228 a month for his family’s $10,000 deductible plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

In a Sept. 23 letter, Blue Cross notified him that his current plan doesn’t meet benefit requirements outlined in the Affordable Care Act and suggested a comparable plan for $1,208 a month – $980 more than he now pays.

“I’m 62 and retired,” Schwab said. “This creates a tremendous financial burden for our family.

“The President told the American people numerous times that… ‘If you like your coverage, you can keep it,’” Schwab said. “How can we keep it if it has been eliminated? How can we keep it if the premium has been increased 430 percent in one year?”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    So much for affordable health care.

Forum Sage
    Why did Blue Cross / Blue Shield increase the premium by that much? Or eliminate the plan he was on?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Why did Blue Cross / Blue Shield increase the premium by that much? Or eliminate the plan he was on?
    This:
    Blue Cross notified him that his current plan doesn’t meet benefit requirements outlined in the Affordable Care Act

Elite Sage
    Bogus stuff. It's not all good but not all bad either. There are some things that probably need to be looked at again. This includes the way individual states go about it. You choose to focus on the bad just because of personal feelings.

ObamaCare will provide coverage to the 32 million Americans who are currently not covered. Medicaid will be expanded to include 17 million uninsured Americans who are falling between the crack of being able to afford insurance and being able to qualify for Medicaid. The majority of the remaining 16 million people who make between 100 percent and 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (that’s $30,000 to $96,000 for a family of four) will qualify for subsidies. Everyone who does not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare will be able to select a health insurance plan from the ObamaCare Insurance Exchange. This will enable everyone to select the health insurance plan which is best for them.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...#ixzz2hL19WzDK

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-10-2013 at 17:57.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Bogus stuff. It's not all good but not all bad either. There are some things that probably need to be looked at again. This includes the way individual states go about it. You choose to focus on the bad just because of personal feelings.

While I focus on the bad, you don't understand the concept of "affordable", keeping current healthcare plans, staying with current doctor... And the list goes on. Thank God that all those others will get that affordable healthcare at our expense.

Elite Sage
    While I focus on the bad, you don't understand the concept of "affordable", keeping current healthcare plans, staying with current doctor... And the list goes on. Thank God that all those others will get that affordable healthcare at our expense.
    Well, that's what you get for voting....lol It's not all about what you want. Affordable doesn't always means cheap. Anyways, I hear Canada has good health health care.

9. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    The Heisman

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu..._100913_tds_10

LMAO- hilarious

edit- damn it... never remember how to properly embed...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu..._100913_tds_10

LMAO- hilarious

edit- damn it... never remember how to properly embed...
    This video only plays in the USA

I thnk this might be the same video?

IS that woman an actress?

Last edited by keefy; 10-12-2013 at 17:48.

The Heisman
    yep thats the one!

and no- sadly she's for real...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    yep thats the one!

Holy $#@!! she is nuts.

Last edited by keefy; 10-14-2013 at 19:33.

14. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Sage
    yep thats the one!

She probably another Tea Party nut. Some in the GOP would call her words strong leadership....lol

Forum Overseer
    you know what's so frustrating about this whole debate about the affordable care act? both sides make sense. at this point, I don't know which side to pick.

Forum Overseer
    but what do you have to say about that video though? call me a commie but i would not mind paying for people like this. if that's what it takes to save people then so be it. i don't know why people don't worry about things that are much much much worse than this, like the corporate america take over, we are constantly being consumed by these corporations and millions of people die due to the consequences of it.

why don't people do something about that? why this and not that? look i'm not saying this is all peachy but is there a right/wrong here? either these people will die or those? well, so far, if those millions of uninsured people will now live due to this...how many will die due to this law?

the point is, how many people are we going to save in the end? it's pretty sad that no one cares about you if you have a pre-existing condition.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Do you send money to charities to help starving children that don't have any medical care at all????

Forum Overseer
    Do you send money to charities to help starving children that don't have any medical care at all????
    i don't believe in charities. they are a business.

The Heisman
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...own/?hpt=hp_t2

and then there's this guy and his ilk...

sad that its 2013 and the Muslim thing still comes out... openly...

These people really have no interest in helping the country.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Overseer
    put the Quran down lol. giggles.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff

Wow, that's stunning. I mean, I don't care what your politics are...ridiculing the president like this and making a supposed religious belief a negative...in a country that was FOUNDED on and for religious tolerance among other things..is just ridiculous. Actually, it's un-American. Bottom line, Obama has said he's not Muslim. EVEN IF HE WAS...so what? Yep, there are nuts in Islam...guess what? There are nuts in Christianity? Christians have been involved with and started plenty of wars as well..done plenty of terrible things. It doesn't matter! I wish people would at least keep it about politics if we have to have all this strife. The other things they attack on...it's flat out un-American.

Here's another thing: I didn't believe it all this time, but I'm starting to believe it now. I honestly don't think there would be this much trouble and that Obama would have as many difficulties as he has, if he was not African American. Who was the last president to have congress NOT back him on military action, especially with something as blatant as the Syria thing? What other president has ever had his religious beliefs challenged or slandered like this? I honestly don't know..but I AM starting to believe that Obama is being treated differently in some cases, for no other reason than that. It's simply easier to do these things to him or to treat the President with outright disrespect, because he's different. I shudder to think how things would be if Obama were to go through the scandal Bill Clinton did. I don't know. It's sad.

Believe me, at this point, I'm pissed at BOTH parties. I also feel that the republicans or anyone else who are blocking the government budget should be simply shown the door. Fired. I understand they don't agree with the health care thing- I'm not sure I do either! But the fact is, it was made into LAW through the ESTABLISHED PROCESS of this country! You can continue to fight it, try to have it amended or repealed. But using this budget so that thousands of workers aren't getting checks and so that the economy as a whole is being impacted as well, to try and blackmail (and that's what this is, make no mistake) the law into the abyss or modification, goes against the entire process laid out by our tradition and constitution. Think about it....if they succeed in this, what's to stop it from happening again with say an abortion law or a tax credit/hike. The government CANNOT give in on this, else they could set this dangerous precedent. And again, I think the people involved in this blocking action should simply be dismissed. It's childish and contrary to all our established process.

It's a crying shame that the government has come to this. And again, I really question whether this would be happening if Obama was not a minority. I can't believe it, but it really is starting to look that way to me. I hpe I'm wrong!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

Kinda just like politicians and the President.

Elite Sage
    Kinda just like politicians and the President.
    Yea, but you voted for him anyway....lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Who's to know that they can screw over the country before they are in office? It's not like I voted for him in 2012.

If they would tell us what they'll actually DO when they are in office, instead of lying.. errr... campaigning, then it would make a huge difference in votes.

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    The need for more political parties has never been higher

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Here ya go:

House Republicans will move their own debt ceiling and government funding bill, GOP leaders announced in a closed meeting Tuesday. The bill will delay Obamacare's medical device tax for two years, install income verification for Obamacare subsidies and have language to cancel health insurance subsidies for members of Congress and the presidential Cabinet. Government funding will run until January 15 and the debt ceiling will be lifted until February 7.
    From a political friend of mine.

Thread Information