Page 193 of 217 FirstFirst ... 183193203 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 5410
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I believe that be the truth friend, opinions stand for anyone that has one
    I disagree. It's a unique stance for each person. I have an opinion, that doesn't mean it stands only one way.

2. Likes Ezekiel likes this post

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    yea well out of all the pages I've read, not one person has changed their mind. lol

Forum Overseer

well i want to change my mind, i'm just not finding enough reasons.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yea well out of all the pages I've read, not one person has changed their mind. lol
    So far, mine hasn't changed. I prob. Should have been a little more specific lol. My above comment was meant to be "in general", and not specifically for the politics thread.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    and i'm still lost how usa gov works

Forum Overseer

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...icanized-world

China's State Press Calls for 'Building a de-Americanized World'

By Dexter Roberts

Photograph by Tomohiro Ohsumi/Bloomberg
    Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China (PBOC), speaks at the Lujiazui Forum in Shanghai, on June 28

“It is perhaps a good time for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanized world.” As nations around the world fret over the U.S. budget impasse, that is the conclusion of a not-so-subtle commentary published by China’s official Xinhua News Agency on Oct. 14.
    Key among its proposals: the creation of a new international reserve currency to replace the present reliance on U.S. dollars, a necessary step to prevent American bumbling from further afflicting the world, the commentary suggests.
    “The cyclical stagnation in Washington for a viable bipartisan solution over a federal budget and an approval for raising the debt ceiling has again left many nations’ tremendous dollar assets in jeopardy and the international community highly agonized,” says Xinhua. “The world is still crawling its way out of an economic disaster thanks to the voracious Wall Street elites,” it adds.
    STORY: China's Third Plenum: Get Ready for Disappointment?
    It’s not a new refrain: Back in March 2009, China’s central bank governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, also called for the creation of a new reserve currency, albeit in less heated language. The world needs a new “super-sovereign reserve currency” to replace the current reliance on the dollar, Zhou wrote in a paper published on the People’s Bank of China’s website (Zhou still heads the bank). The goal, he wrote, is to “create an international reserve currency that is disconnected from individual nations and is able to remain stable in the long run.”
    Toppling the dollar isn’t enough today, however: “Several cornerstones should be laid to underpin a de-Americanized world,” explains the Xinhua piece. Along with a greater role for developing-market economies in both the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, “the authority of the United Nations in handling global hot-spot issues has to be recognized. That means no one has the right to wage any form of military action against others without a UN mandate” (all quite reasonable propositions, it must be said).
    “A self-serving Washington has abused its superpower status and introduced even more chaos into the world by shifting financial risks overseas, instigating regional tensions amid territorial disputes, and fighting unwarranted wars under the cover of outright lies,” the commentary continues.
    BLOG: The U.S. Can Survive a Shutdown but Not a Default
    “Such alarming days when the destinies of others are in the hands of a hypocritical nation have to be terminated, and a new world order should be put in place, according to which all nations, big or small, poor or rich, can have their key interests respected and protected on an equal footing.”

Roberts is Bloomberg Businessweek's Asia News Editor and China bureau chief.
    How is this not a hostage situation?

Forum Sage
    Apparently people are still living in the past:

Unbound Mercenary
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Because she's a $#@!ing moron. How she's in office still is beyond explaining.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    and i'm still lost how usa gov works
    not even the US government knows how they work.

The Heisman
    welp... what did I say?

A few billion dollars later...
    A few millions dollars given away by the blind faithful...

...and what exactly was accomplished? By anyone?

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

The Heisman
    welp... what did I say?

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    welp... what did I say?

To be honest, I think we all knew how it would turn out. All this was and continues to be, is political brinkmanship at its finest. I don't think the Republicans will lose out as much as the polls say they will but it will definitely cost them in the short term. I made a bet on another site that the shutdown would last at minimum, seven days and that the debt ceiling was the real reason for all this whining going back and forth and that the ACA was just a sideshow, and guess what?... I won.

The real issue is the deficit spending and the debt ceiling. Save for the Tea Party, the ACA is just a sideshow. It was drummed up to keep us all looking away from the real issue. We will probably see the same thing happen come December or January.

Forum Overseer

but ACA is related to the whole thing.

my question is...what are republicans seek to accomplish from this? we know dems are just as stubborn and won't change a thing about the law.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but ACA is related to the whole thing.

my question is...what are republicans seek to accomplish from this? we know dems are just as stubborn and won't change a thing about the law.
    nothing. This was all about the guy in the whitehouse. It wasn't all republicans. This happened because of about 10 to 12 extremist they have in their party who just hates Obama. They made that known from day 1. Their biggest priority was to ruin him any way they could. If he is for it they have to be against it.

This was just another attempt at defunding or repealing the health care law. They couldn't get it repealed so this was another way of just chipping at it piece by piece. The only reason they gave in because they saw the polls saying how the majority of the country blame them for this debacle and they are afraid of losing the House come election time. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of this just yet. More to come in a few months.

Forum Overseer

nothing yes but something is going to happen eventually. because if they lose out (repubs), that would be a huge spiritual defeat that will be remembered for decades. if dems lose out, that would also have the same effect. the only way i can see something budging is 1) dems come to a compromise (highly unlikely). 2) extremist officials get fired (probably a higher chance of this happening but just not yet, once more people are affected, they will rally against them).

or you never know, they might kick out the dems or possibly impeach the president? donno how likely that is.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Why do people hate the Affordable Care Act so much? The U.S. in general opposes it, but is actually confused about how it benefits them (Source).

Why do we hate something we are confused about or misinformed about?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Why do people hate the Affordable Care Act so much? The U.S. in general opposes it, but is actually confused about how it benefits them (Source).

Why do we hate something we are confused about or misinformed about?
    Because the health care is not "affrodable" its just shows you what you can get from companies. That is when the website actually works.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Overseer

not sure if true but someone said that the govt. is back up again. one of the heads from repubs party was fired. govt. good until jan 15 i think.

Elite Sage
    nothing yes but something is going to happen eventually. because if they lose out (repubs), that would be a huge spiritual defeat that will be remembered for decades. if dems lose out, that would also have the same effect. the only way i can see something budging is 1) dems come to a compromise (highly unlikely). 2) extremist officials get fired (probably a higher chance of this happening but just not yet, once more people are affected, they will rally against them).

or you never know, they might kick out the dems or possibly impeach the president? donno how likely that is.
    First he has to do something that would cause him to be impeached.

Forum Overseer

i thought people could just impeach a president depending on popular vote.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    not sure if true but someone said that the govt. is back up again. one of the heads from repubs party was fired. govt. good until jan 15 i think.
    Until feb. you mean. No, the republicans took the loss. It all went down last night pretty much so yea, the government is back up. It will always get to the point where one side is going to have to accept defeat.

Elite Sage
    i thought people could just impeach a president depending on popular vote.
    Doesn't work that way.

Banned

This isn't over....just a pause. Thank goodness we have the tea party. Otherwise who else is gonna fight for smaller government, less taxes and to stop the piling of debt on the backs of our children and grandchildren.

I would love to take over the personal finances of Democrats and keep spending more of THEIR OWN MONEY then they take in. See how they like watching their own debt pile up with no end in sight. And when they cry, begging me to stop spending their money....I'll just laugh at them and say.... "now you know what the taxpayer has felt like under your leadership". Then to really hit it home, I'll tell them I'm sending the bills to their children and making them pay for them.

Thread Information