Page 200 of 212 FirstFirst ... 190200210 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5286
  1. #4976
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,009
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    44,376 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    No because there are more things to life than computers
    Yeah, you totally missed my point.

  2. #4977
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    You a fool you think private companies give a $#@! about you. You want your companies to prosper more than your people, that is America in a nutshell
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  3. #4978
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    With all due respect, I really do think you have absolutely no idea what is going on concerning the Russians and Chinese. I think you're buying way into whatever comes out of the mouth pieces of mainstream conservatism. They have a vested interest in fear mongering, because it ensures continued cash flow to the military and contractors.

    Also, the budget numbers in that graph were adjusted to reflect appropriate proportions afaik so that argument doesn't fly. The Chinese genuinely invest less than 1/6th the resources we do into their military.

    Further, their military is an untested quantity. What large wars have they waged in the past decades? What engagements? Where have they fielded and tested their military doctrine and tech? The answer is simple: They haven't.

    The last real significant engagement they were in was the Korean War. They're inexperienced.

    The Russians? They've passed a few crucibles in recent time as they've come to grips with major insurgency and the Chechen war(s). But they're still no threat to us.

    You're also missing the point with the population problem- numbers don't matter. Proportions do. They will have alot more old people and men than young people and women. Who is going to pay and take care of the elderly? Who is going to fill their spots in the economy?

    And the US is the single biggest economy on the planet. If the Chinese lose us as a customer they'd be shooting their own foot, especially considering they own a not inconsiderable portion of our national debt. They are invested in us.

    I have no major complaints with a flat, fair or sales tax. I think any of them are arguably superior to our current mess, cons and all, and would justify adopting.
    I'm not just buying into what mainstream conservatives say, a lot of those websites I linked to are liberal media.... not conservative media. The fear mongering would be counterproductive. Pissing off your neighbors and trade partners just to pump money into the military?!? No country needs a conflict as an excuse to build up it's military. You have countries on earth that have not had conflict in the last 100 years that still build up or maintain a modern military. They didn't need fear-mongering of other trading partners to justify the money being spent on military hardware.

    China didn't need to fear-monger anybody as an excuse to start pumping money into their nationwide high speed rail system. Then why would they need to fear-monger anybody in order to build up their military? Answer..... they don't need to. They can just build it up regardless.

    You don't need to invest in the wide array of weapons they are, in such a short time frame, if you don't have intentions to flex that muscle and cause trouble. Look at the satellite killer missile they developed years ago that successfully destroyed one of China's old satellites. Those missiles are meant for other's satellites, not China's own satellites!

    Even a US general recently said that the Chinese are quicker at developing and getting into production of weapons systems than the United States. He notes their inexperience in warfare at this time. But that ain't gonna last forever. Based on how quickly they are developing weapons systems and putting them into production, they are quick learners. Just as the private sector has learned when it comes counterfeiting their products. Not to mention all the hacking of military contractors around the world for weapons systems secrets.

    Russia is also investing heavily in new systems. It's one of Putin's cornerstone commitments. Both China and Russia are increasing their military budgets....especially the Chinese.

    You can dismiss the notion all you want, but the writing is on the wall. And you can either be the Ron Paul crowd that pretends we have nothing to worry about until it's too late or you become proactive and keep ahead of their game.

    My favorite radio talk show host once said of people of your mindset "Some of you think that if you have a headache, that you just be nice to the headache and hope it goes away. Me? I'll take an aspirin."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    no i don't agree with that. opportunity and privilege do matter.

    and if you're generalizing that the reason why people can't rise out of the projects (poverty) is because they're just not intelligent enough then you're going against science.



    that's why libertarians are better.
    They all have the opportunity. They all won't succeed. Equal opportunity, not a guarantee of equal outcomes. That's how it is and how it should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Actually you can make money out of Socialism your narrow mindness has got it all wrong. It is for people who are at work who are entitled to a fare wage I mean the 21st century and we're still paying people 6 an hour it is all about control and the government in the US has got you all under the thumb you are so patriotic about your national companies that they are robbing you blind.

    What I'm trying to say is the there is no such things as a recession because all the private companies have the money in socialism there is high tax so everybody has there fair share it is still capitalism but it is on fairer terms something you Americans never understand because you think because you vote conservative you'll get a free xbox and Bill Gates will come to your house for dinner.
    Entitled? LMAO! If there is anything that typifies a socialist, is that they feel entitled to just about everything they want. They especially feel entitled to other people's money. You may WANT things, but that sure as hell doesn't mean you are ENTITLED to them.

    As for a fair wage? Defined by who.... you? ME?

    There is a law in the United States (and I'm willing to bet the UK has a similar law too) in which price fixing is illegal. Price fixing is when a bunch of companies in an industry make a secret agreement in which they agree to continue to compete with each other, but agree that none of them will lower their prices beyond a certain market price. It's illegal because these companies are keeping prices for their products artificially HIGHER than they would normally be if free market forces are involved. It robs the consumer of the opportunity for the best price for a product.

    That's what a minimum wage is. It's price fixing. Only..... instead of the consumer getting screwed, the company's owners are getting screwed. Because the price isn't based on free market forces where potential employees compete on wages to determine what will be ultimately paid for a position. It's fixing the price of their wages and keeping them artificially HIGHER than they would normally be in a free market.

    Oh the hypocrisy of a government that forbids price fixing on the company's side, but is perfectly okay with implementing a wage fixing scheme on the very same companies. What's FAIR about that?

    As for "we're still paying people 6 an hour"? Let's say you double it to 12 an hour in wages. Now that you are getting double the wages.....I guess everybody else is entitled to double too. So your rent? It just doubled. After all.... if you are entitled to twice the income, so is your landlord.... and the gas company, electric company, the cable company, etc etc. Your food prices? We'll just double them too. I mean.... we're all entitled to more money....right? It's only "fair"...right? Then you are only in the same boat as when you started.

    As it stands now, prices rise for products and people start to ask for raises to pay for it all. Once they get their raises, the prices of goods and services slowly rise again and the cycle repeats itself. It's why a candy bar that was 25 cents to me when I was a kid at my corner convenience store in the late 1970's, is now at least $1 at the same store today.

    And speaking of candy bars....

    In most states in my country, food is not taxed. For the longest time in my childhood, only food that was prepared (cooked for you like McDonald's hamburgers) was taxed. All other food was tax free. But then a lot of state governments started slipping in a snack tax. That is... candy bars, potato chips, Twinkies cakes, etc were taxed. It's why I hate government so much. Cuz they tax you on this and tax you on that. They tax it coming in and they tax it going out. They throw a fee on this and a fee on that. And if I make more and more money, they take a bigger and bigger percent of the money I earned.... not them.

    That sir is legalized theft. It's theft because it's money I earned being taken from me against my will. And if I don't hand it over, I'm put in jail..... my assets frozen and my bank funds seized. Socialists are leeches and they use the government as their tool to suck the blood out of others for their survival or lifestyle.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 01-18-2014 at 13:49.

  4. #4979
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I'm not just buying into what mainstream conservatives say, a lot of those websites I linked to are liberal media.... not conservative media. The fear mongering would be counterproductive. Pissing off your neighbors and trade partners just to pump money into the military?!? No country needs a conflict as an excuse to build up it's military. You have countries on earth that have not had conflict in the last 100 years that still build up or maintain a modern military. They didn't need fear-mongering of other trading partners to justify the money being spent on military hardware.

    China didn't need to fear-monger anybody as an excuse to start pumping money into their nationwide high speed rail system. Then why would they need to fear-monger anybody in order to build up their military? Answer..... they don't need to. They can just build it up regardless.

    You don't need to invest in the wide array of weapons they are, in such a short time frame, if you don't have intentions to flex that muscle and cause trouble. Look at the satellite killer missile they developed years ago that successfully destroyed one of China's old satellites. Those missiles are meant for other's satellites, not China's own satellites!

    Even a US general recently said that the Chinese are quicker at developing and getting into production of weapons systems than the United States. He notes their inexperience in warfare at this time. But that ain't gonna last forever. Based on how quickly they are developing weapons systems and putting them into production, they are quick learners. Just as the private sector has learned when it comes counterfeiting their products. Not to mention all the hacking of military contractors around the world for weapons systems secrets.

    Russia is also investing heavily in new systems. It's one of Putin's cornerstone commitments. Both China and Russia are increasing their military budgets....especially the Chinese.

    You can dismiss the notion all you want, but the writing is on the wall. And you can either be the Ron Paul crowd that pretends we have nothing to worry about until it's too late or you become proactive and keep ahead of their game.

    My favorite radio talk show host once said of people of your mindset "Some of you think that if you have a headache, that you just be nice to the headache and hope it goes away. Me? I'll take an aspirin."



    They all have the opportunity. They all won't succeed. Equal opportunity, not a guarantee of equal outcomes. That's how it is and how it should be.



    Entitled? LMAO! If there is anything that typifies a socialist, is that they feel entitled to just about everything they want. They especially feel entitled to other people's money. You may WANT things, but that sure as hell doesn't mean you are ENTITLED to them.

    As for a fair wage? Defined by who.... you? ME?

    There is a law in the United States (and I'm willing to bet the UK has a similar law too) in which price fixing is illegal. Price fixing is when a bunch of companies in an industry make a secret agreement in which they agree to continue to compete with each other, but agree that none of them will lower their prices beyond a certain market price. It's illegal because these companies are keeping prices for their products artificially HIGHER than they would normally be if free market forces are involved. It robs the consumer of the opportunity for the best price for a product.

    That's what a minimum wage is. It's price fixing. Only..... instead of the consumer getting screwed, the company's owners are getting screwed. Because the price isn't based on free market forces where potential employees compete on wages to determine what will be ultimately paid for a position. It's fixing the price of their wages and keeping them artificially HIGHER than they would normally be in a free market.

    Oh the hypocrisy of a government that forbids price fixing on the company's side, but is perfectly okay with implementing a wage fixing scheme on the very same companies. What's FAIR about that?

    As for "we're still paying people 6 an hour"? Let's say you double it to 12 an hour in wages. Now that you are getting double the wages.....I guess everybody else is entitled to double too. So your rent? It just doubled. After all.... if you are entitled to twice the income, so is your landlord.... and the gas company, electric company, the cable company, etc etc. Your food prices? We'll just double them too. I mean.... we're all entitled to more money....right? It's only "fair"...right? Then you are only in the same boat as when you started.

    As it stands now, prices rise for products and people start to ask for raises to pay for it all. Once they get their raises, the prices of goods and services slowly rise again and the cycle repeats itself. It's why a candy bar that was 25 cents to me when I was a kid at my corner convenience store in the late 1970's, is now at least $1 at the same store today.

    And speaking of candy bars....

    In most states in my country, food is not taxed. For the longest time in my childhood, only food that was prepared (cooked for you like McDonald's hamburgers) was taxed. All other food was tax free. But then a lot of state governments started slipping in a snack tax. That is... candy bars, potato chips, Twinkies cakes, etc were taxed. It's why I hate government so much. Cuz they tax you on this and tax you on that. They tax it coming in and they tax it going out. They throw a fee on this and a fee on that. And if I make more and more money, they take a bigger and bigger percent of the money I earned.... not them.

    That sir is legalized theft. It's theft because it's money I earned being taken from me against my will. And if I don't hand it over, I'm put in jail..... my assets frozen and my bank funds seized. Socialists are leeches and they use the government as their tool to suck the blood out of others for their survival or lifestyle.
    Socialists are not leeches why should a banker get a bonus 200% when they robbed the tax payer of their taxes, and can you answer me this question? Why should the government be in recession while the private companies keep the money?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  5. #4980
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Socialists are not leeches why should a banker get a bonus 200% when they robbed the tax payer of their taxes, and can you answer me this question? Why should the government be in recession while the private companies keep the money? Money is recycled
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  6. #4981
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thatcherism is best.
    How is Thatcherism best she sold off all our gold our utilities are owned by the French and our banks are owned by the Americans it's pure greed that got us in the $#@! in the first place.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  7. #4982
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,488
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,515 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I'm not just buying into what mainstream conservatives say, a lot of those websites I linked to are liberal media.... not conservative media. The fear mongering would be counterproductive. Pissing off your neighbors and trade partners just to pump money into the military?!? No country needs a conflict as an excuse to build up it's military. You have countries on earth that have not had conflict in the last 100 years that still build up or maintain a modern military. They didn't need fear-mongering of other trading partners to justify the money being spent on military hardware.

    China didn't need to fear-monger anybody as an excuse to start pumping money into their nationwide high speed rail system. Then why would they need to fear-monger anybody in order to build up their military? Answer..... they don't need to. They can just build it up regardless.

    You don't need to invest in the wide array of weapons they are, in such a short time frame, if you don't have intentions to flex that muscle and cause trouble. Look at the satellite killer missile they developed years ago that successfully destroyed one of China's old satellites. Those missiles are meant for other's satellites, not China's own satellites!

    Even a US general recently said that the Chinese are quicker at developing and getting into production of weapons systems than the United States. He notes their inexperience in warfare at this time. But that ain't gonna last forever. Based on how quickly they are developing weapons systems and putting them into production, they are quick learners. Just as the private sector has learned when it comes counterfeiting their products. Not to mention all the hacking of military contractors around the world for weapons systems secrets.

    Russia is also investing heavily in new systems. It's one of Putin's cornerstone commitments. Both China and Russia are increasing their military budgets....especially the Chinese.

    You can dismiss the notion all you want, but the writing is on the wall. And you can either be the Ron Paul crowd that pretends we have nothing to worry about until it's too late or you become proactive and keep ahead of their game.

    My favorite radio talk show host once said of people of your mindset "Some of you think that if you have a headache, that you just be nice to the headache and hope it goes away. Me? I'll take an aspirin."
    For someone who claims to be a libertarian, you sure don't seem like one. In fact, you seem to go out of your way to make fun of and denigrate the most libertarian of the libertarians, i.e., the Ron Paul crowd.

    With that said, there's a few points I'd like to make regarding what you perceive as divine justification for our bloated military budgets.

    1. There's only one country in the world that has ever declared war or spearheaded an undeclared war in the name of democracy. Ironically, that same country's system of government is NOT based on democracy but rather, a representative REPUBLIC.

    2. There's only one country in the world that has ever instituted food/money for peace/oil as a means of getting what it wants. Despite what you may believe, that's a tactic of war. If I recall correctly, the last nations to demand such ransoms were the nations of Algiers, Tunis and Libya. Our response to that was the two Barbary Wars wherein the upstart United States broke with hundreds of years of maritime tradition of appeasement and payment that had plagued Europe and effectively all but eliminated piracy on the high seas.

    3. There's only one country in the world that continually imposes sanctions on nations that don't tow the line. Despite what you may believe, that's an act of war. Is there a reason why the likes of Iran, North Korea and other nations that don't cow-tow to American pressures need to have sanctions placed on them other than for the purpose of fear-mongering?

    4. There's only one country in the world that has ever instituted foreign aid as a means of propping up its real enemies, rather than let them experience the complete collapse they so needed to experience. Despite what you may believe, foreign aid comes out of our so-called defense budget which is really part of our military expenditures every year. Tell me. Is there any reason why Israel can't protect itself and why we need to send them more than five billion dollars every year? How about Pakistan, Iraq and Europe? How about propping up the soviets during the cold war era?

    A true libertarian would reject the use of force as a means to get what is desired and would only use force for defense in the face of imminent danger. Despite what you may think, China doesn't pose an existential threat to the United States, nor does Iran, Russia or even North Korea. Also, the recipients of our foreign aid would likely act far more civil if they weren't recipients of our foreign aid. With this said, you come off as a neocon. Is there a reason for why you would advocate such a bloated military budget? I suspect that you may work in a field which is dependent on such budgets in order to survive.

  8. Likes Omar, Vulgotha likes this post
  9. #4983
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    9,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Socialists are not leeches why should a banker get a bonus 200% when they robbed the tax payer of their taxes, and can you answer me this question? Why should the government be in recession while the private companies keep the money?
    Banks should be allowed to pay however much they want in bonuses. However, if that bank fails, it should be allowed to fail and not be backed up by the taxpayer. Our politicians are at fault here for supporting the banks when they crashed, based on the idea of them being 'too big to fail'. Putting the blame on bankers is just a red herring to con the electorate into thinking it was the not government policy that led to the economic failure.

    Now, customers would have lost money that was held in those banks, but those banks would be a lot more careful if they knew they would be allowed to fail. Under such a system, banks would act in a less risky manner, and would be more diverse in their specialisations. Instead, with government intervention, the cycle just repeats.

  10. #4984
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,032
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    65,102 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    How is Thatcherism best she sold off all our gold our utilities are owned by the French and our banks are owned by the Americans it's pure greed that got us in the $#@! in the first place.
    No. Brown sold off most of the gold.
    That super fast internet you use now wouldnt be so cheap if Thatcher's Gvt didnt privatise BT and allow other companies to use BT's infrastructure thus promoting competition.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-18-2014 at 19:44.

  11. #4985
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,009
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    44,376 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    You a fool you think private companies give a $#@! about you. You want your companies to prosper more than your people, that is America in a nutshell
    Dude, do you even comprehend what you read?

    People that vote in a conservative manner aren't doing so to get free $#@!. The same cannot be said for those voting the other way. Their strategy relies on giving things away.

  12. #4986
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    Banks should be allowed to pay however much they want in bonuses. However, if that bank fails, it should be allowed to fail and not be backed up by the taxpayer. Our politicians are at fault here for supporting the banks when they crashed, based on the idea of them being 'too big to fail'. Putting the blame on bankers is just a red herring to con the electorate into thinking it was the not government policy that led to the economic failure.

    Now, customers would have lost money that was held in those banks, but those banks would be a lot more careful if they knew they would be allowed to fail. Under such a system, banks would act in a less risky manner, and would be more diverse in their specialisations. Instead, with government intervention, the cycle just repeats.
    They should not be allowed to pay however much they want in bonuses when they have milked the taxpayer you obviously are for austerity if you think the banks should have just fell to the wall there were peoples life savings in the banks people worked hard all there life and you think there money should disappear shame on you.

    Tony Blair thought the banks did a wonder full job and he never got involved with the banks probably why they did what ever the $#@! they wanted to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    No. Brown sold off most of the gold.
    That super fast internet you use now wouldnt be so cheap if Thatcher's Gvt didnt privatise BT and allow other companies to use BT's infrastructure thus promoting competition.
    Thatcher sold off most of the gold in the 70's and 80's and by gold I do not mean bullion I mean letting foreign companies get hold of our companies. They used to be state owned then she privatised them and it paved the way for foreign companies to come and buy us out. In the 60's everything used to be made in Great Britain. Thatcher hated the unions so much that she wanted to over power them she was a power $#@! you only have to see what she was like in the war against Argentina and she absouletley destoryed the unions which help keep trade in this country not even the Americans were stupid enough to do what she and Tony Blair and Gordon Brown did because they were Thatcher sympathisers there middle class educated $#@!s who have no idea what it is like to be working class in government we need MP's who are working class otherwise this country is going to fall to it's knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Dude, do you even comprehend what you read?

    People that vote in a conservative manner aren't doing so to get free $#@!. The same cannot be said for those voting the other way. Their strategy relies on giving things away.
    NO JUST NO I do comprehend what I mean you still have to pay for things in socialsim you have a high wage economy and high taxes for corportations who can quite frankly afford to pay those higher taxes I don't know why anybody who works for a company would want to be a conservative it's for CEO's.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  13. #4987
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,032
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    65,102 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    They should not be allowed to pay however much they want in bonuses when they have milked the taxpayer you obviously are for austerity if you think the banks should have just fell to the wall there were peoples life savings in the banks people worked hard all there life and you think there money should disappear shame on you.

    Tony Blair thought the banks did a wonder full job and he never got involved with the banks probably why they did what ever the $#@! they wanted to do.


    Thatcher sold off most of the gold in the 70's and 80's and by gold I do not mean bullion I mean letting foreign companies get hold of our companies. They used to be state owned then she privatised them and it paved the way for foreign companies to come and buy us out. In the 60's everything used to be made in Great Britain. Thatcher hated the unions so much that she wanted to over power them she was a power $#@! you only have to see what she was like in the war against Argentina and she absouletley destoryed the unions which help keep trade in this country not even the Americans were stupid enough to do what she and Tony Blair and Gordon Brown did because they were Thatcher sympathisers there middle class educated $#@!s who have no idea what it is like to be working class in government we need MP's who are working class otherwise this country is going to fall to it's knees.

    NO JUST NO I do comprehend what I mean you still have to pay for things in socialsim you have a high wage economy and high taxes for corportations who can quite frankly afford to pay those higher taxes I don't know why anybody who works for a company would want to be a conservative it's for CEO's.
    The unions were holding the country to ransom. In the 70s there was power cuts because there was not enough electricity due to the miners striking so often.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Day_Week

  14. #4988
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    They had to risk there lives just so you could make a nice cup of tea.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  15. #4989
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    9,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    They should not be allowed to pay however much they want in bonuses when they have milked the taxpayer you obviously are for austerity if you think the banks should have just fell to the wall there were peoples life savings in the banks people worked hard all there life and you think there money should disappear shame on you.

    Tony Blair thought the banks did a wonder full job and he never got involved with the banks probably why they did what ever the $#@! they wanted to do.
    Who are we to tell private companies what they can or cannot pay their staff? You say they milked the taxpayer, but the taxpayer has only been 'milked' because the government used taxpayers' money to prop up the banks. The banks acted irresponsibly because they knew full well that the government would bail them out using taxpayers' money. If banks were left to rise and fall on their own, customer savings would be more secure due to a more responsible banking system.

    It's interesting that you say 'shame on you', forgetting that as a UK taxpayer I would also be one of those people who would lose money if a bank I was with was allowed to fail.

    Yes, I am for austerity - much more austerity than we currently have. Our welfare state no longer just takes care of the needy; it is bloated and many taxpayers who are not in need, still claim a 'right' to handouts.

    As for Tony Blair, he would have still bailed out the banks.

  16. #4990
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    Who are we to tell private companies what they can or cannot pay their staff? You say they milked the taxpayer, but the taxpayer has only been 'milked' because the government used taxpayers' money to prop up the banks. The banks acted irresponsibly because they knew full well that the government would bail them out using taxpayers' money. If banks were left to rise and fall on their own, customer savings would be more secure due to a more responsible banking system.

    It's interesting that you say 'shame on you', forgetting that as a UK taxpayer I would also be one of those people who would lose money if a bank I was with was allowed to fail.

    Yes, I am for austerity - much more austerity than we currently have. Our welfare state no longer just takes care of the needy; it is bloated and many taxpayers who are not in need, still claim a 'right' to handouts.

    As for Tony Blair, he would have still bailed out the banks.
    Here we go Daily Mail reader blame the people on benefits instead of the money hungry banks in fact in the Guardian it said that 0.8% of people are claiming benefits fraudently the working class and middle class are thick benefits are there for people who need them you have just felt for Conservative propaganda.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  17. #4991
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    To Vulgotha.....

    First of all... you explain how the Tea Party has been "been hijacked and enslaved"?!?!?

    As for the gravy train in the military? Maybe for some officers and if so, they should be frozen. But the average grunt isn't overpaid. And if there is any government gravy train I'm willing to even remotely tolerate, it's the military and ONLY the military!

    As for China? Doesn't matter if they are our biggest trading partner. They have big trading relationships with countries around the China sea. And based on their increasingly hostile actions in the China Sea with those very trading partners, they don't seem to be too worried about the relationships with them.

    Giving me defense dollars spent on Chinese defense Vs. the USA is deceiving. Where do you think a defense dollar goes farther.... paying Chinese level salaries or American level salaries? If you adjust for that, the Chinese defense budget is in reality higher then the numbers comparison would otherwise show.

    You are also talking about how China is a paper tiger? They have been dramatically increasing their military budgets....especially in the last 10 years. They are 2nd biggest military spenders in the world.

    They have been setting the ground work for a future conflict with their spending habits....

    Drones...including stealth ones...

    http://www.ibtimes.com/rise-chinas-d...n-asia-1535718

    Stealth Fighters...


    http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-s...00088&cid=1101

    China planning 110,000-ton 'super aircraft carrier' to rival US naval power......

    http://rt.com/news/china-super-aircraft-carrier-634/

    An aircraft carrier killer missile.....

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...iller-missile/

    Submarines that are undetectable.....

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...red-faced.html

    Hypersonic Nuclear missiles....

    http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...issile-carrier

    And I haven't even gotten to the stuff Russia has done and has plans of doing......


    http://thetruthwins.com/archives/new...em-black-holes


    So China might not be "there" ....YET. But they are coming and they are gonna keep spending more and more. And if we listen to people like you, we are eventually gonna have are asses handed to us asking...."but but but I thought the Chinese were paper tigers?"

    And Russia is gunning for us too. Their military budgets are expanding as well.

    So while you can dismiss the need to keep a top notch military, the notion hasn't been lost on the Russians and the Chinese. For those countries that claim they have no ill intent, they suuuuuure are ratcheting up their military capabilities.

    As for the population numbers of China? They will work it out. I don't see any chance of us coming close to them in anybody's lifetime. They will be a formidable country to deal with and will have the sheer numbers.


    To MacP...



    As long as you keep your leeches on that side of the pond, enjoy all the Socialism you want. Keep it the hell out of the USA!

    Also... I believe in a flat tax. You complain about tax loopholes? I say... get rid of all tax breaks for companies, the rich, the middle class and the poor. Nobody should get them.....PERIOD!
    Also how does Fanny May fit into you wonder full capitalist society
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  18. #4992
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    9,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Here we go Daily Mail reader blame the people on benefits instead of the money hungry banks in fact in the Guardian it said that 0.8% of people are claiming benefits fraudently the working class and middle class are thick benefits are there for people who need them you have just felt for Conservative propaganda.
    Your assumptions undermine your argument.

  19. #4993
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,470 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    Your assumptions undermine your argument.
    But I am right
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  20. #4994
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Val, I don't recall us being so tightly aligned on these issues. Is this a recent development?


  21. #4995
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    9,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Val, I don't recall us being so tightly aligned on these issues. Is this a recent development?
    Yes and no. I've been fiscally conservative on and off for most of my life, but it has been cemented in more recent years through my reading of works by Henry Hazlitt, and seeing the economic actions of the EU.

  22. #4996
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    You a fool you think private companies give a $#@! about you. You want your companies to prosper more than your people, that is America in a nutshell
    And government gives more of a $#@! than the private sector. Lol riiiiiiight.
    Wait I take that back, they do when there's an election coming up.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  23. #4997
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,588
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,076 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


    how crazy is alex jones? either i'm a conspiracy theorist (and delusional and should own a tin foil hat) or this guy is completely right.

    i agree with everything he's saying right here. these presidents are just puppets.

    big data is just a way to take control of your liberties and it's just a big way to know everything about you...information, for whatever reason...this information can be used for various things including just selling it to companies to make billions of dollars if not trillions.

    this is happening. it is going to continue and all the big wigs are involved. wake the $#@! up!

  24. #4998

  25. Likes robvandam111, F34R , Christopher likes this post
  26. #4999
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    147,866 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Glad I didn't see this pic, and glad I didn't watch the show. lol




  27. #5000
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,488
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,515 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Was the NSA referred to at all? I think there should definitely have been things that would have required drinks for with that in mind.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.