Latest PSU headlines:

Page 21 of 209 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS- go ahead and ignore that chart i posted... turns out its bogus... and i posted it thinking it was something else...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    PS- go ahead and ignore that chart i posted... turns out its bogus... and i posted it thinking it was something else...
    Not trying to pick here, but I was doing some research based on that chart and I am just curious what the deal is with it? I was trying to make sense of the %'s, but I wasn't quite sure how they were coming up with them.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Who had a super majority, might I add.

BlackWolf, the Economy is slowly recovering in spite of Obama's\FED's efforts. Not because of them.
    right? we would be much better off if the whole thing had come crashing down...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Not trying to pick here, but I was doing some research based on that chart and I am just curious what the deal is with it? I was trying to make sense of the %'s, but I wasn't quite sure how they were coming up with them.
    not even sure... fudged numbers that I thought represented something else... posted in on FB and my conservative friends quickly and efficiently tore me apart...... whoops

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    The way I read it, it was an increase from the previous year's debt. So if the debt was 100 billion when Regan took office, it was 289 billion when he left. So if Obama took office when the debt was 100 trillion, it went up to 135 trillion in his first two years. So basically, Regan has a huge percentage increase, it was a minimal actual dollar increase. Whereas, Obama had a small percent increase, but a HUGE dollar amount increase.

At least that's how I saw it. Which makes me think the chart is somewhat accurate.

Also, those numbers I used were totally made up, so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Veteran
    not even sure... fudged numbers that I thought represented something else... posted in on FB and my conservative friends quickly and efficiently tore me apart...... whoops
    LOL, too funny. It happens to the best of us!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I read an interesting opinion on the Florida 5 Straw Poll. If you didn't know, Herman Cain did very well where Romney and Perry (the previous front runners) didn't do too well. Basically this authors viewpoint was that Cain didn't win because he is a strong candidate and people are listening to his message, but because Republicans are not satisfied with Perry or Romney at all. He was advocating a dark horse candidate to enter the race.

Although i tend to agree on his comments about Cain/Perry/Romney i don't think it is time to add another candidate. Perry was made out to be the savior for the party who was going to enter the race and completly change the discourse and be a contender against Obama. But he turned out to be a sack of crazy and has really put off many Republicans including myself. So i'm receptive to getting a new legitimate candidate, but we need to keep it low key, don't put too much faith into whoever it may be.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

The Heisman
    please palin...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Extreme Poster
    Anyone but McCain.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Anyone but McCain.
    I didn't realize there was even a remote possibility he was even contemplating running again.

Edit:

O'Reilly on Jon Stewart was a laugher tonight, great show!
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 09-29-2011 at 04:27.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    please palin...
    Oh lord no. Might as well give the democrats the election right now if thats gonna happen!

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

PSU Technical Advisor
    right? we would be much better off if the whole thing had come crashing down...
    You mean the bailouts? Or the failed stimulus packages? Nothing they've done has worked. Looking around its kind of hard to argue that Congress, FED and POTUS have done anything effective about the present situation at all. Which isn't surprising considering they're the root problem from the start.

When government is the problem, more government isn't the answer.

It would have been better if the big companies paid for their idiocy and crashed and the market recovered naturally without drastically inflating the deficit. It's going to catch up to us eventually, prolonging it has only made it worse.

Too much 'short term' thinking going on in politics.

Do you support Bernanke and the FED?

Edit: And the solutions are pretty obvious. Government has to be cut away, spending has to drastically decrease. Nobody wants to do them up on capital hill because many pet programs will be terminated, and they (rightfully) fear for their jobs.

The right wing is terrified of pissing off servicemen with the necessary cut backs to the sprawling DOD, and liberals are terrified of upsetting all the recipients of the horribly managed social programs. As mad as I am about how our politicians are acting, the stupidity of the american people (or our gullibility) is what got us here in the first place.

We bought into all the demagoguery, propaganda and campaign promises.. And when the balloon finally pops we're refusing to acknowledge that "Hey, maybe this was stupid after all", "Maybe my party is just as culpable as the other guys", "Maybe its all part of one big complex.."

We gotta start making the tough choices, because they're the smart ones.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-29-2011 at 07:47.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Extreme Poster
    I didn't realize there was even a remote possibility he was even contemplating running again.

Edit:

O'Reilly on Jon Stewart was a laugher tonight, great show!
    Figured as much but I haven't been following anything and if gore could do it lol.

If it's a republican, I hope it's someone young and soft-spoken. Whoever gets in there, just needs to be a people's person.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama...I will give him that he came at a bad time but I also think that he's not good at this whole presidency thing and I really wish Clinton had won against him.

I'm a democrat but I don't want 4 more years of Obama. He's a good guy but he's an amateur, he's good at rallies (but not at the questionnaires, which Clinton was way better at, she just couldn't do well at showing herself as an everywoman) but not good at results.

Either way, I think he was still a much better option than McCain because all he was going to do was start another war.

Basically whoever doesn't start another war and helps the country rebuild itself, would be the perfect candidate.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Cash for clunkers was a success now? At doing what exactly? Creating artificial demand and driving used car prices up to near new car prices? Go ask any dealership how many cars they were never reimbursed for, see if THEY think it was a success!
    Can you please explain how that drove up the prices of used cars? Why would it drive the prices up?

Tell that to the average Jo, or the 10+% of REAL unemployed people.
    I can tell it to them, it is a fact. It is still bad they do not have jobs, but the economy is growing and people ARE getting hired. However, it doesn't help with Republicans trying to cut the Post Office down, which is a main employer of this nation.

Vulgotha, do you mean to tell me the stimulus package passed has nothing to do with this growth?

He could have rammed anything he wanted through for the first two years, the problem was even losing support from his OWN party.
    I know, but weren't those democrats "blue dogs"? Which is what my father likes to call "Republicans in Democrat's clothing".

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Can you please explain how that drove up the prices of used cars? Why would it drive the prices up?
    Cash for clunkers removed hundreds of thousands of car from the used car supply, but it didn't remove equal amounts of demand. You remove supply but not demand, prices go up.

I can tell it to them, it is a fact. It is still bad they do not have jobs, but the economy is growing and people ARE getting hired.
    I don't know if I would be bragging about current levels of economic activity.

However, it doesn't help with Republicans trying to cut the Post Office down, which is a main employer of this nation.
    They are trying to shut it down completely? I was under the impression they were trying to privatize it.

On the "blue dogs", I'm sure some of them were blue dogs, but I don't think all were. They certainly aren't Republican's though, they are just a more conservative version of a Democrat that usually votes party line like the rest of them.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I don't know if I would be bragging about current levels of economic activity.
    But I am not bragging, I am just saying the economy is growing.

They are trying to shut it down completely? I was under the impression they were trying to privatize it.
    No, not shut it down, just cut down the number of workers.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Veteran
    No, not shut it down, just cut down the number of workers.
    Well, we are broke and it costs a TON of money! I don't see why it's not just privatized.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You mean the bailouts? Or the failed stimulus packages? Nothing they've done has worked. Looking around its kind of hard to argue that Congress, FED and POTUS have done anything effective about the present situation at all. Which isn't surprising considering they're the root problem from the start.

When government is the problem, more government isn't the answer.

It would have been better if the big companies paid for their idiocy and crashed and the market recovered naturally without drastically inflating the deficit. It's going to catch up to us eventually, prolonging it has only made it worse.

Too much 'short term' thinking going on in politics.

Do you support Bernanke and the FED?

Edit: And the solutions are pretty obvious. Government has to be cut away, spending has to drastically decrease. Nobody wants to do them up on capital hill because many pet programs will be terminated, and they (rightfully) fear for their jobs.

The right wing is terrified of pissing off servicemen with the necessary cut backs to the sprawling DOD, and liberals are terrified of upsetting all the recipients of the horribly managed social programs. As mad as I am about how our politicians are acting, the stupidity of the american people (or our gullibility) is what got us here in the first place.

We bought into all the demagoguery, propaganda and campaign promises.. And when the balloon finally pops we're refusing to acknowledge that "Hey, maybe this was stupid after all", "Maybe my party is just as culpable as the other guys", "Maybe its all part of one big complex.."

We gotta start making the tough choices, because they're the smart ones.
    I don't think you, nor I, nor the vast majority of people.... can fathom the fallout of the complete collapse of the US economy... locally or worldwide...

Personally I think your you're living in a dream world if you think THAT was/is the better route to take...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    I do think it was the better route to take, because it did nothing to stifle the recession. All it did was prolong the side effects and postpone the inevitable, and put us further into debt.

I understand what you're saying, things would not have been good.. But look at them right now. Did anything they say live up to promises? Instead of a short period of harsh economic conditions, we're in a protracted mess and stressing out over how our government just cannot seem to stop spending... And it's crushing the economy. This is trickling down to other economies across the globe and is hitting them very hard.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-30-2011 at 01:07.

The Heisman
    and where do you get "short period of harsh economic conditions" from???

its been 3 years... honestly not that long considering we were || close to have the pillars of our financial system crumble...
    no way do i believe we are in better conditions today if the whole thing comes down...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    Because the market would bounce back naturally. It would suck but we'd be in the clear.

At the moment we're setting records or hovering at depression era statistics, and it's been three years. In that time we've had multiple (failed) attempts at the government to 'spend' in order to rejuvenate our economy. I mean really, you can't argue with failure.

The economy has dipped once, may do so again. It's on life support, and our debt is spiraling. No matter which way you turn the government is the party most responsible for this, and turning to them in this hour for help through cash injections (again, our expense) is...Absurd.

The Heisman
    I'm not debating whether or not the economy would eventually bounce back naturally... I am debating your belief that it would happen quickly..

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    Net result would be better than what we are facing right now is all I'm saying. Because we sunk billions into keeping an artificially propped up economy on life support.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    so wait, obama's throne is up for grabs? i didnt know he wasnt on vacation anymore!

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ####load of bubble gum"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Herman Cain back in the day goin toe to toe with clinton

Thread Information