Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Be that as it may, a female president will changes things like no male president ever could
    Unlikly. The change will have to come from the legislation. The president, male or female, is really unlikly to change anything if congress doesn't will it

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    no.
    lol solid argument. knowing your big distaste for everything slightly to the right, i feel nobody can tell you anything about them that you haven't learned on the tv

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Sage
    Voting GOP or Republican or conservative, or whatever the right wing politicized term is these days is completely against what America needs right now.

It's pretty clear that they've made it their goal to increase military spending while using 'austerity' measures to remove rights away from the proletariat and lower income classes.

Corporations and the rich do not represent 90% of the population in this country. Everything they've done over the last 4 years has been geared to getting control of the senate and executive branch to further corporate agenda.

I don't like Obama. I think he's another corporate stooge. But at the very most I hate the idea of the GOP getting its way.

**** democrats, **** republicans. It's time for a people's party.

Too bad everything in America is against it.
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    lol solid argument. knowing your big distaste for everything slightly to the right, i feel nobody can tell you anything about them that you haven't learned on the tv
    about as solid as yours.

and your definition of "slightly right" is "the crusades" to everyone else- including your homeboy Regean.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    I want to add one thing, when it comes to Ron Paul, I would have to see where he stands from a regulatory standpoint. I know he wants to keep government out of our lives, which I support, but I do not support a complete free market. We need SOME regulation, and we also need to start sending businessmen to Federal (pound me in the ***) prison when they break laws rather than slapping them on the hand.

Main thing though, do not OVER regulate, but have EFFECTIVE regulation. I am not sure where Ron Paul stands on that.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I want to add one thing, when it comes to Ron Paul, I would have to see where he stands from a regulatory standpoint. I know he wants to keep government out of our lives, which I support, but I do not support a complete free market. We need SOME regulation, and we also need to start sending businessmen to Federal (pound me in the ***) prison when they break laws rather than slapping them on the hand.

Main thing though, do not OVER regulate, but have EFFECTIVE regulation. I am not sure where Ron Paul stands on that.
    if you really believe this then why do you make me want to punch you in the face so often???
    (^^^ thats a loving joke for all you SMCs or Mods who might try to make it something more than that)
    Last edited by DayWalker; 03-10-2011 at 23:29.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    if you really believe this then why do you make me want to punch you in the face so often???
    (^^^ thats a loving joke for all you SMCs or Mods who might try to make it something more than that)
    You simply misunderstand me. The problem is, it often seems like you and some others think government regulation is the key to solving all of the problems, but if you look back throughout history you can find plenty of examples where well intentioned regulation has very bad side effects.

I could be wrong but, I think where you and I differ is that I don't think increasing government regulation fixes EVERY problem that might pop up, but that enforcing current laws in a different way might be a better approach. I am all for SOME government regulation, I don't think I have ever been opposed to that, it's IMO absolutely vital and it helps level out economic growth making it more stable, but you have to maintain a fine balance that doesn't needlessly interfere with business nor let businesses run wild. Sure, if you didn't regulate at all, EVENTUALLY stuff will likely be corrected by the free market, but the corrections (as history has shown) tend to be severe, and in some cases powerful corporations might be able to prevent problems from being corrected in a timely manner (see: workers rights).

On the other hand, over regulation to fix problems there are already laws for cause problems as well. It often seems like Congressmen want to make a name so they come up with some monstrosity of a bill that no one really understands (including the author- because we both know they rarely craft bills on their own) and then somewhere down the line it caused something that gives the next guy in the lines a chance to make a name for himself.

Ok... rambling here it seems. Plain and simple, regulation is necessary, but it must be very well balanced where it's not to much and not too little.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 03-11-2011 at 00:39.

The Heisman
    I believe government is the cure for big business. I believe business is the cure for big government.

Insurance companies are a bigger concern to me than the government. (currently)
    wallstreet and banks are bigger concern to me than teachers unions/wages. (currently)

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    about as solid as yours.

and your definition of "slightly right" is "the crusades" to everyone else- including your homeboy Regean.
    haha, i do not worship the ground Reagan walks on. my guy is Teddy Roosevelt, and i'm about as Christian as Marilyn Manson

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

The Heisman
    haha, i do not worship the ground Reagan walks on. my guy is Teddy Roosevelt, and i'm about as Christian as Marilyn Manson
    well that part makes sense...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    I believe government is the cure for big business. I believe business is the cure for big government.
    Interesting way of putting it.

Insurance companies are a bigger concern to me than the government. (currently)
    Why?

wallstreet and banks are bigger concern to me than teachers unions/wages. (currently)
    Not saying I disagree here, just curious what your thoughts are here?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Ron Paul is the poor man's Ross Perot

2016. Chris Christie i'm calling it
    nah, one of the very few people that have stood by his beliefs (which make perfect sense) for over 20 years. He knew this stuff would happen back in the 80's if you watch his older video's from back then. While I don't agree with every single thing he says, even the stuff I don't agree with can obviously be tweaked to make the disagreeable, agreeable, very easily.

The thing with RP, is that even the republicans disagree with him as well as the democrats, so he is in kind of a bind but the guy still keeps on discussing his ideas as well as backing them all up. Amazing speech he did last year, towards the end of last year.

Last edited by Bigdoggy; 03-17-2011 at 16:46.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    nah, one of the very few people that have stood by his beliefs (which make perfect sense) for over 20 years. He knew this stuff would happen back in the 80's if you watch his older video's from back then. While I don't agree with every single thing he says, even the stuff I don't agree with can obviously be tweaked to make the disagreeable, agreeable, very easily.
    Yeah, he's a rare breed of politician that has, exactly as you said, been the same person for years! And, like you said, I don't agree with everything he says either, and I question his stance on regulation because it is a necessary 'evil' to a certain extent (see: the correct amount of regulation but not over or under regulation).

Anyway, I will do addition research on him during this cycle, and see where he stands on some of these other issues, and he might very well get my primary vote and even general election vote (though I doubt he would make it out of the primaries as usual).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Yeah, he's a rare breed of politician that has, exactly as you said, been the same person for years! And, like you said, I don't agree with everything he says either, and I question his stance on regulation because it is a necessary 'evil' to a certain extent (see: the correct amount of regulation but not over or under regulation).

Anyway, I will do addition research on him during this cycle, and see where he stands on some of these other issues, and he might very well get my primary vote and even general election vote (though I doubt he would make it out of the primaries as usual).
    from what i can tell, Ron Paul is isolationist. That is the exact opposite of what we need.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    from what i can tell, Ron Paul is isolationist. That is the exact opposite of what we need.
    I don't know if he's an actual isolationist, but he does take a more hands off approach to dealing with global issues, but I don't think it's to the point of isolationism (could be wrong though, don't really know enough about him to know for sure).

He does have a point though, we simply cannot afford to continue at this pace, we need to start cutting spending, and there's no way military spending can continue as it is. Maybe ending the 'wars' will help that out substantially though.

Anyway, like I said, I don't agree with everything he promotes, but I think some of his positions would be a positive change for America, and maybe we need to stop policing the world, who knows.

Edit: here is a quote from RP during the 2008 campaigns when McCain called him an isolationist.

“Isolationism isn't what I advocate,’’ Paul told Blitzer. “I advocate non-intervention, not getting involved in the internal affairs of other nations, and not pretending a country like Iraq is equivalent to Nazi Germany. Iraq had no army, no navy, had no weapons of mass destruction, had nothing to do with 9/11, so the comparison makes no sense.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 03-17-2011 at 17:01.

Master Guru
    I would really like to see what this man can accomplish in 4 years. I personally believe if he sets the right track for 4 years, things will definitely get a lot better then they are right now. we can't afford this or that but yet we still borrow money, etc etc. it's getting pretty damn ridiculous and not only that but everything now, almost 100% of the resources are going overseas and there is little concentration over here in the united states where more attention needs to be from our own people, over here.

Also, if you look at a lot of RP's debates, he goes so deep that people start getting confused, the guy goes directly to the root of the problem concerning "the bubble".
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 03-17-2011 at 17:11.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Stewie Griffin for President!!!

Super Elite
    Ron Paul.
    i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4, Crucial 4GB 1333Mhz RAM,
    Palit GTS 250 1GB, 2x WD 250GB, 1x 1TB Samsung F3,
    Corsair HX850W PSU, Cooler Master 690 II,

Checkout my TF2 Replay Video.

Dedicated Member

Won't make a difference who runs or wins.

But I would like to see Charlie Sheen as president of america, at least the corruption and B.S would be tolerable due to how ****ing awesome and funny that legend is.

Wanting: Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, ME3, Battlefield 3, InFamous 2, LA Noire, Ghost Recon: future soldier, Socom 4, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Rage, Batman: Arkham City, X-men: Destiny, Fight Night; Champions, MW3... and will IO interactive hurry up and make a new hitman game ffs!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    What has happened for the past 20 years and then sum has yet to even work. It hasn't worked and people can sit their and hope to god it will eventually turn around but it wont. What was it, 3 or so years ago they were saying, "we are getting change", there has yet to be any change made for the good, it's all been bad, huge hiccups and whatever else they tried to push through. Being an isolationist is breaking all alliances, no more trades or anything, that is actually the opposite of what he wants to do. While you have alliances, you don't have to stick your nose into every single stupid affair that is happening throughout the entire world, which is what the America is doing.

A country can only do this for so long before it really bites the USA in the ***. This whole economic downfall isn't even touching what could happen if they keep on doing all this stupid **** that costs over trillions of dollors a year. What happens after countries such as China stop lending us money? Also, in the latest discussion that china had about this issue, they are getting fed up. I believe it's more then one thing they are fed up with, but the fact that the Government spends it on stupid matters, practically throwing it away, it's just ridiculous. I highly doubt for even one second that he would pull current alliances that we have.

What I believe he will do is try to stop all this stupid spending that isn't really helping any matters but making a lot of them worse compared to before. Lets get real here, what do we currently have at the moment, both sides the left and right are just being downright stupid, but if I had to pick one, it would be RP that's for sure. Maybe because every since I was 15, he has been saying the same thing over and over again, he really hasn't changed that much since the 80's, which is good because I do agree with a lot of stuff he wants to do. Certain things within that time he did tweak for the better, a bit more of fine tuning will probably end up being a success. I have really no choice but to vote for RP, I like the guy, I see nothing wrong with a lot of his views and they are by far better then the current ideas rolling around right now that have yet to work.

I just want a guy to run for president that is going to stop all these limp$#@! excuses and to stop wanting to tickle the peckers of the federal government or anyone else that loves to talk with money. Usually I just don't think about it, but when I do it just pisses me off.

If it takes something as to have an isolationist as a leader for 4 years, heck, I would love to see how that works out and in fact it would probably be better for us at the moment if we concentrate on our own country for a little bit, which means...trying to get out of dept, concentrating on our own current affairs within the USA, laws, making it so bills that certain people want passed aren't full of fluff or 100's of pages long, etc etc.

I would love to see more focus on America from our own president and even more so other people in office then concentrating 99% to world affairs, but that's obviously just me.

Heck if Ron P. actually did those things if he was president and most of the stuff went through, the USA would be out of dept within 7 or 8 years I think, that is if my amount is right with the dept.

March 1st 2010....

dumb spending, hear that crap, geeezes.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 03-17-2011 at 22:40.

Master Guru
    In terms of Australia we got liberal and labour give me an idea if anyone knows whats democratic and whats republican if they were an Australian party?
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

The Heisman
    Maybe we can all agree that Trump is a doofus... and that this whole presidential exploration is a publicity stunt.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    DW,

I think you mentioned something about the Obama birth certificate a while back, just saw some convo online about that where Lou Dobbs was questioning it. Did he ever actually provide a birth certificate that showed he was born in the US?

It's just interesting that, after 2 years, this debate is still going on. Maybe it's just political fodder, but it just makes me curious.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    DW,

I think you mentioned something about the Obama birth certificate a while back, just saw some convo online about that where Lou Dobbs was questioning it. Did he ever actually provide a birth certificate that showed he was born in the US?

It's just interesting that, after 2 years, this debate is still going on. Maybe it's just political fodder, but it just makes me curious.
    If Donald Trump wants a birth certificate from Obama, I want a hair certificate from Trump!

Superior Member
    I dont live in America but please if it comes down to this, don't vote for Trump

Thread Information