Latest PSU headlines:

Page 38 of 209 FirstFirst ... 283848 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Something many people don't take into account when criticize Obama is that it isn't necessarily his fault that things aren't getting done. Rather, it's Congress'. They continue to filibuster, and are wholly unwilling to compromise due to fear of losing their seats. I'm not saying Obama is flawless, but Congress definitely deserves a large portion of the blame for why things aren't getting done.

I haven't done much research on Paul, so I won't comment on whether or not I'm in support of him or not, but nonetheless, I don't think it's feasible for Paul to get elected. He's a popular guy, but I don't think he could prevail over Romney. People seem rather hesitant to support Paul due to lack of knowledge concerning where he stands on certain issues.
    I encourage you to study a little on him, I have not seen him flip flop on any issue (with the exception of the death penalty), so I don't know what issues you are referring to.

Here is a great interview where he touches on many important topics like the economy, foreign policy and more. I didn't know much about him till just recently I started to study his views and wisdom and Im impressed.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I don't know, not sure what Obama can/does do better than really any of the GOP candidates TBH. Other than Paul, and there are a number of things I don't agree with Ron Paul on, but other than him I don't think any of them are leaps and bounds better than Obama, but I don't think any are worse.

For instance, I don't think any of them would have struck down the Keystone Pipeline... Obama just pandered to environmentalists and killed it. They aren't just going to not do anything with the oil, we need it, we could use the jobs, and we have pipelines running all over this country, a few more wouldn't hurt anything. I could go on about things I don't like about him, but no point really. Bottom line, I don't think we are any worse off with him out of the White House, and likely might be a little better off.
    I know he doesn't deserve all the blame, but IMO he deserves a fair portion of it. And, it's not only things that I think he should have accomplished that he didn't, but things he stands for that I don't agree with like the Employee Free Choice Act. We, as a nation, got lucky that the Democrats didn't keep the super majority or else that crap would have been rammed through like the other stuff they were ramming through when they could.

You can place all the blame on the House/Senate if you want, I am too happy with any of them (again) including the tea party folks that don't seem to have done what they said they would, but I think he deserves as much blame for being a divider as anyone else. I think he's a very smart guy, I think he has some good ideas and some ideas that I really hate, but I just don't think he's good at bringing everyone together and he doesn't seem like much of a statesman to me.
    That's a fair assessment, I'd say. I really need to do some more research into everything Obama has suggested / tried to past, and find out exactly what each of those things would do. It's hard to accurately assess these things when all of the media outlets are biased in one direction or the other.

But again, fair assessment. I'm not too happy with any of the candidates for president right now.

@TwentyThree: I'll check that out tonight, man, thanks. I'm heading offline now, but I'll definitely give it a look when I can.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator

@TwentyThree: I'll check that out tonight, man, thanks. I'm heading offline now, but I'll definitely give it a look when I can.
    Coo... let me know what you think.

Veteran
    That's a fair assessment, I'd say. I really need to do some more research into everything Obama has suggested / tried to past, and find out exactly what each of those things would do. It's hard to accurately assess these things when all of the media outlets are biased in one direction or the other.

But again, fair assessment. I'm not too happy with any of the candidates for president right now.
    Yeah, it's VERY difficult to get a good grasp on things when you watch one media outlet and we would be better off with Jimmy Carter, you watch another and you'd think he's the best Pres ever! It's tough, no doubt about it.

There are just too many things that have left me disappointed, some other things that I applaud him for, but all in all I just don't think he gets it.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Congress blows.

And yes, I am voting for Obama b/c there is clearly no better alternative.

I also love love love that Palin came out for newt... she is priceless.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Congress blows.

lol..indeed she is. People actually thought she would run for office this time. She has plenty of skeletons and she did the smart thing by staying out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..indeed she is. People actually thought she would run for office this time. She has plenty of skeletons and she did the smart thing by staying out.
    It's like Batman and Robin... DW is obviously Batman!

Congress blows.

What Republican would you vote for if he/she were running?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 01-20-2012 at 03:19.

The Heisman
    I really liked McCain from 2000-2008... but he always sold his soul whenever an election came around.

I really agree with someone above who said there are probably a lot indies out there that would be great leaders... but they can't win b/c of the US primary system... where the lunatics and the fringe hold all the cards...

Btw- has anyone been paying attention to Stewart-Colbert???? They are killin it with their spoof on campaign finance law/super-pacs...
    Last edited by DayWalker; 01-20-2012 at 04:18.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I really liked McCain from 2000-2008... but he always sold his soul whenever an election came around.

I really agree with someone above who said there are probably a lot indies out there that would be great leaders... but they can't win b/c of the US primary system... where the lunatics and the fringe hold all the cards...

Btw- has anyone been paying attention to Stewart-Colbert???? They are killin it with their spoof on campaign fiance law/super-pacs...
    The U.S. primary system could definitely use some revisions. There are plenty of methods of voting available, and although they're more difficult, they could give independents a better chance at being elected. Republican and Democratic ideals may have been the most beneficial in the past, but I think it's becoming clearer and clearer that they aren't the best selections for president anymore. Politics has become too big a part of the equation, eliminating any real chance for us getting a leader who is confident enough to follow what he believes is best.

In my AP government course, we read an article that suggested that we leave the real decision-making to non-elected officials. For economic issues, for example, Congress would create a broad guideline, and send it off to an economic team. The economic team would then create a new economic plan, and it would be subject to Congress approval of denial, with no amendments allowed.

The problem with Congress, especially the House, is the short term lengths. Given a majority of constituents tend to be shortsighted and want IMMEDIATE results, members of the House have no real choice but to focus on the short term in order to get reelected. Voters force Congressmen into making short term decisions... and then blame them for not focusing on the long-term.

Ah, how I love the American political system.

@TwentyThree -- Watched a few minutes of the video. No way I could sit down and watch the whole thing, but I might watch some more of it another day. He seems to know what he's talking about, and doesn't really hesitate in terms of his ideas and plans. I can't make a completely adequate assessment of him based off of a few minutes of a single interview, but I'd say he is potentially the best candidate for the GOP. Unfortunately, he simply won't get elected from my perspective. He isn't popular enough among conservatives, and his chances for beating Obama are lower than Romney's chances, hence why Romney will likely be the nominee.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

10. Likes TwentyThree wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Coo... let me know what you think.
    I enjoyed watching that. I like the part at the end, "it's tempting because there is some really bad people out there". lol

besides that though, he makes a world of sense. granted he did say recently, not to long ago that if he was president, some things might change depending on the situation of course. but still his points on pretty damn spot on, it's actually hard to argue his points because

1.) he actually studied and did the research

2.) his feelings about the Federal are pretty much the same as a lot of peoples feelings about the Federal.

3.) I am not the only one that also agrees with him that thinks we shouldn't stick our nose in other countries affairs, even when they ask us to but out, we still ending up sticking our noses in whatever it is.

4.) people hate taxes, period. If someone actually likes taxes, maybe they should off themselves and do the world a big favor. I know it sounds harsh but for someone to actually like taxes, they are very special indeed and it's not a good thing.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 01-20-2012 at 14:29.

12. Likes TwentyThree wishes they had posted this first.
    The Heisman

I mean... how can I NOT vote for him? The man knows me!

You should see the Christmas card I (and everyone else got) from him... running around with a football playing with Bo... I mean if these aren't concrete reasons to vote for the Leader of the free world... I don't know what is

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

...Obama playing the crowd.

Veteran
    See, Batman and Robin, where you find Batman, you will almost certainly find Robin! Hell, only about 5 minutes apart too! It's amazing!

Forum Sage
    See, Batman and Robin, where you find Batman, you will almost certainly find Robin! Hell, only about 5 minutes apart too! It's amazing!
    So that obviously makes you Batgirl....or catwoman.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So that obviously makes you Batgirl....or catwoman.
    NOOOO! I would be an arch enemy of some sort.... Joker et al.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    k I have not been following the GOP. I do not usually. Leaving work today here in FL there was bunch of people with Ron Paul signs. Anyone wanna fill me in on why this guy is apparently so popular.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    k I have not been following the GOP. I do not usually. Leaving work today here in FL there was bunch of people with Ron Paul signs. Anyone wanna fill me in on why this guy is apparently so popular.
    do you have a few days? lol. Ron Paul is popular...but he isn't. Its kinda hard to describe. he has absolutly rabid fans. the people who do like him like him A LOT. hes pretty popular but still not as poplular among GOP base. i really think his base is the educated young people. Honestly he'd do better running as an independent because the GOP base won't elect him, but as an independent he he'd probably get 20% of the vote.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    What if I were paranoid and question the idea of democracy?
    What if I ask a series of questions and don't provide evidence for anything?
    What if I ask a series of questions to monger fear?
    What if I critique Democrats and Republicans to look unbiased, but only as a means to put my agenda through?
    What if I were a Ron Paul supporter playing politics to appeal to his base?

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    What if I were paranoid and question the idea of democracy?
    What if I ask a series of questions and don't provide evidence for anything?
    What if I ask a series of questions to monger fear?
    What if I critique Democrats and Republicans to look unbiased, but only as a means to put my agenda through?
    What if I were a Ron Paul supporter playing politics to appeal to his base?
    Napolitano's 'what if's' are justified, there is plenty of evidence and credibility to support his argument here.

The Heisman
    I don't recall hearing any "lies" about Ron Paul... the media essentially ignores him... the GOP base hates him...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Administrator
    I don't recall hearing any "lies" about Ron Paul... the media essentially ignores him... the GOP base hates him...
    Honestly Im not sure about that, but the MSM have done a great job at distorting his true message. For example they have tried to fool people into thinking he endorses illegal drugs, when in reality he just wants to stop the wasteful program called The War On Drugs. I honestly can't understand why the MSM and GOP base don't want him.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I kind of agree with Daywalker concerning the media outlets. They claim Paul is radical sure- and treat him as such. But they don't do anything. I mean literally, they ignore him.

"Yea, he's crazy move on".
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I kind of agree with Daywalker concerning the media outlets. They claim Paul is radical sure- and treat him as such. But they don't do anything. I mean literally, they ignore him.

"Yea, he's crazy move on".
    That is the main reason I started paying attention to him, calling him crazy is just dismissive and unprofessional.

The Heisman
    Newt wins SC.

who could have guessed that Mittens' wagon wheels would start to come off in the Bible Belt???
    *raises hand*

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information