Latest PSU headlines:

Page 45 of 212 FirstFirst ... 354555 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 5277
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Ohh right. I forgot, members in a serious should always have to watch out for jokes that neither insult nor bother be me but degrade the person who posted it.

Insult away, I don't much like the republican choices anyway.
    Would it have helped if I added...

Lighten up man.

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Would it have helped if I added...

Lighten up man.
    I would.

But I mean, aren't there enough threads to be snickering? Can't just one be without?

Just sayin.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think Ron Paul is going to drop out of the race but he probably won't end up winning either. He has the least amount of delegates right now. I found it hard to believe that Santorum could be doing much better than him, seeing as how he wants to go to war with Iran, which I doubt most people want to see.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think Ron Paul is going to drop out of the race but he probably won't end up winning either. He has the least amount of delegates right now. I found it hard to believe that Santorum could be doing much better than him, seeing as how he wants to go to war with Iran, which I doubt most people want to see.
    Think about about who actually follows the republican GOP race right now though? Far right. THe nomination always moderates. Just appealing to a base in my opinion. Honestly, we don't need to go to war with Iran. I think its about to blow. they are aching for a revolt.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage

I would.

But I mean, aren't there enough threads to be snickering? Can't just one be without?

Just sayin.
    Okay. You win.

I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I'll behave now.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    he wants to go to war with Iran, which I doubt most people want to see.
    You'd be surprised. Propaganda has influenced much of the country to believe that war is inherently American. Also, a lot of people still want revenge. Then there's the people that want to feel "safe", and so they like it when people like Romney and Santorum keep telling us they'll make our military huge and then go kill everyone.
    Last edited by Ixion; 02-10-2012 at 01:30.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The whole republican field looks pretty weak right now. If an election were held tomorrow they would lose. Their extremest views are just turning people away. They are making it easier for Obama to win again.

The Heisman
    Obama approval on Gallup is up to +49 on gallup... I wonder what caused the slight bump?

maybe the slight uptick in the economy...

I'll just leave it with one word that stands out above the rest and leave it at that...abortion.
    would be great if we could find a "true" fiscal conservative that didn't cater to the Culture warriors who really just want their own version of Sharia Law passed...

3rd party anyone?
    Last edited by DayWalker; 02-10-2012 at 02:17.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    would be great if we could find a "true" fiscal conservative that didn't cater to the Culture warriors who really just want their own version of Sharia Law passed...

3rd party anyone?
    Sharia law? I think that's a stretch. While most of the Republican's are against abortion, it's just a fundamental difference of opinion on what constitutes a "person" with the right to life.

While I can see some correlation, saying they are trying to pass their own version of Sharia Law is more spin than anything.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Sharia law? I think that's a stretch. While most of the Republican's are against abortion, it's just a fundamental difference of opinion on what constitutes a "person" with the right to life.

While I can see some correlation, saying they are trying to pass their own version of Sharia Law is more spin than anything.
    tomato-tomAto

abortion
    marriage amendment
    scribbling their doctrine all over the place
    contraception bans
    creationism in public schools
    English only
    re-writing historical txt books

Wes you're from texas... you're basically at the epicenter of all this stuff

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

Obama approval on Gallup is up to +49 on gallup... I wonder what caused the slight bump?

maybe the slight uptick in the economy...

3rd party anyone?
    Considering abortions are essentially, violent acts against life, it's hardly Sharia Law. As for the economy. The jobless rate went up more than was created so I can't see how that translates to an "uptick in the economy" by any measure.

12. Likes btbam likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    tomato-tomAto

abortion
    marriage amendment
    contraception bans
    English only

And don't forget.... making contraception illegal....lol

The Heisman
    anyways- I'd love to see a candidate from the right ignore all the stuff in bold and say- ok I'm gonna fix social security,medicare, etc.... ya know balance the budget... fairly and responsibly...

and when that 70 year old man stands up and asks about the definition of marriage- he tells him to shut up, sit down, don't worry about it.

oh and the next congressman that brings a motion to the floor to "re-affirm" that the country's motto is "in god we trust" should be immediately booted from office.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 02-10-2012 at 02:49.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

tomato-tomAto

abortion
    marriage amendment
    contraception bans
    English only

Abortion = States rights issue. It isn't under the federal government's jurisdiction to condone or deny abortion.
    Marriage = Personal rights issue. It isn't under the jurisdiction of the federal, state or local government.
    Scribbling their doctrine all over the place = What the $#@! are you talking about?
    Contraception bans = Unconstitutional for the federal government to enforce or even enact.
    Creationism In Public Schools = Unconstitutional as it's a direct violation of the 1st amendment.
    English only = English only for governmental and business purposes. If you're an alien, you should learn English for nothing else but governmental and career opportunities.
    Re-writing historical text books = Both sides do it so let's not blame just one side or the other.

Let's try and be a little less "us vs them" when we make arguments.

16. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    RP hasn't been really saying anything bad so I just don't understand why. All I can think of is that there are A LOT of freakin dumb people in this world. Honestly, at this point in time if anyone $#@!es about taxes and I ask them "who did you vote for" if they don't say RP, they have no right to $#@! and complain about taxes because all the others are still in favor of it. o.O it's really derp to say the least and I know I am going to come across some jackass at work that $#@!es about taxes.

as for that stupid sharia law, if anyone is in favor of those dumb laws then I really don't know what to say but it's definitely not eye for an eye and it's mainly on terms for rich suckers that again bend and manipulate power over fear. Wheewwww!
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 02-10-2012 at 15:07.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    RP hasn't been really saying anything bad so I just don't understand why. All I can think of is that there are A LOT of freakin dumb people in this world. Honestly, at this point in time if anyone $#@!es about taxes and I ask them "who did you vote for" if they don't say RP, they have no right to $#@! and complain about taxes because all the others are still in favor of it. o.O it's really derp to say the least and I know I am going to come across some jackass at work that $#@!es about taxes.

as for that stupid sharia law, if anyone is in favor of those dumb laws then I really don't know what to say but it's definitely not eye for an eye and it's mainly on terms for rich suckers that again bend and manipulate power over fear. Wheewwww!
    I think btbam has a point. A lot of the people following the Republican candidates are, well, pretty far-right on the political spectrum. I also know that Ron Paul has a lot of Libertarian views (hence me supporting his view of a smaller, less invasive government) so he's not going to get a lot of support, even though we, as a people, could certainly benefit from it.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I think btbam has a point. A lot of the people following the Republican candidates are, well, pretty far-right on the political spectrum. I also know that Ron Paul has a lot of Libertarian views (hence me supporting his view of a smaller, less invasive government) so he's not going to get a lot of support, even though we, as a people, could certainly benefit from it.
    which is why a lot of voters out there are completely retarded and I say that with the highest of insult towards those people that $#@! about taxes but don't want to vote for RP which wants to get rid of the IRS and basically shrink taxes all together o.O

So many people in this world hate taxes, in fact any lower, middle class, or high class worker, they all hate taxes even big corporations out there in the USA hates taxes. The fact that RP is getting such low support actually baffles me. This election is definitely showing the dummies/morons throughout the world.

Really though, if god is going to ever end the world, he might as well do it soon because the dummies throughout are taking over. This election is definitely between right and wrong and it's not actually an opinion. A president that could potential shrink the cost of living and everything else and barely getting attention is just flat out stupid to say the least. This election is a lot different then past ones because Mitt has certainly showed a lack of any possible help throughout America as a whole and yet people are flocking to him and the fact that some are in favor of Gingrich is insanely idiotic shows the lack of any effort the USA has in helping it's own people.

I personally don't care what title a person has above his head, if RP wasn't a republican I would still vote for him. To many sheep in this world, way to many. "Hey, I am going to vote for Mitt because he is on the news all the time" DUU DUU DUU DURRRRRRR! **notices the BS monster flying around the skies** KABOOM!

Hell, don't get me started on Santorum for pete sakes. I am in MN and he came up on the top which shows that 47% of Minnesotans are downright and insanely dumb. This is a state that voted for Dayton to become governor of MN. $#@!in A

Dayton and I quote him "If a state raises taxes that means the state is doing really good" <-------honestly, there is no point of return for such a stupid quote. I mean it's freakin epic isn't it? epic stupid, that is all there is to it.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 02-10-2012 at 21:14.

20. Likes TwentyThree likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    RP hasn't been really saying anything bad so I just don't understand why. All I can think of is that there are A LOT of freakin dumb people in this world. Honestly, at this point in time if anyone $#@!es about taxes and I ask them "who did you vote for" if they don't say RP, they have no right to $#@! and complain about taxes because all the others are still in favor of it. o.O it's really derp to say the least and I know I am going to come across some jackass at work that $#@!es about taxes.!
    Actually, not to rain on your parade but, I don't think you take it far enough.

What I will say is that if a person votes for someone other than Ron Paul, they want to be stripped of our rights, they want the high taxes, they want the endless wars, they want "terrorists" to attack us as per the doctrine of blowback and they want America to cease to exist. At this juncture, it's no longer what people think is the best option, it's about how best they can screw everyone else and themselves over. Their voting records prove as much.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Rick santorum has declared war on heavy metal. This headbanger officially declares war on him! We have bit he choppers and bad ass bass players... I think well win the war

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/0...n-heavy-metal/
    Last edited by btbam; 02-11-2012 at 02:39.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Abortion = States rights issue. It isn't under the federal government's jurisdiction to condone or deny abortion.
    Marriage = Personal rights issue. It isn't under the jurisdiction of the federal, state or local government.
    Scribbling their doctrine all over the place = What the $#@! are you talking about?
    Contraception bans = Unconstitutional for the federal government to enforce or even enact.
    Creationism In Public Schools = Unconstitutional as it's a direct violation of the 1st amendment.
    English only = English only for governmental and business purposes. If you're an alien, you should learn English for nothing else but governmental and career opportunities.
    Re-writing historical text books = Both sides do it so let's not blame just one side or the other.

Let's try and be a little less "us vs them" when we make arguments.
    See you're talking about how you think things SHOULD be under the constitution. And I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm talking about things as they ARE.

1) abortion- federal gov says its legal. large % of people would like to see a constitutional amendment making illegal. I don't care what side of it you're on- I'm tired of hearing about it. And it would be nice to see a fiscal conservative who doesn't have to pander to those folks and could focus on REAL issues. Abortions are not ruining this country.

2) marriage again- a certain sect of the population would love to have a constitutional amendment defining marriage. Again- its a waste of time and distracts from REAL issues. $#@!sexual relationships are not ruining this country.

3) Scribbles doctrine- a certain sect is uppity b/c they can't write commandments all over public buildings (schools, court houses, government offices)... again- this is a stupid issue and its stupid to spend over a second talking about it given the REAL issues we have. The Lack of bible verses in public view is not what's wrong with this country

4)Contraception ban- yeah well you also thought it was unconsitutional for the government to require you to purchase healthcare or.... how's that working for ya? Catholics for example, believe all forms of contraception is wrong... not hard to imagine that they (or like minded peeps) would move to make it harder to get your hands on condoms... Rubbers and the pill are not what's wron with this country. In fact I would much rather pay for condoms and plan B or the pill than an orphan for 18 years...but thats just me. People $#@!ing safely is not a problem with this country.

5) Creationism in public schools- I mean its obvious that there is/was a push for this going on in congress... And on this one- yeah we have too many people who give up rational thought for religious doctrine.... this is a problem with our country... we should try not to make it worse.

6) Liberals tried to remove slavery from history? do tell...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Technical Advisor
    I agree with both of your takes on abortion and marriage Morg. Government should butt out of marriage altogether.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    goddamnit EDIT, that $#@! about Santorum on heavy metal is 100 false. i'm sure the little $#@! doesn't like it
    Last edited by Funeralfog; 02-11-2012 at 07:29.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    See you're talking about how you think things SHOULD be under the constitution. And I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm talking about things as they ARE.

1) abortion- federal gov says its legal. large % of people would like to see a constitutional amendment making illegal. I don't care what side of it you're on- I'm tired of hearing about it. And it would be nice to see a fiscal conservative who doesn't have to pander to those folks and could focus on REAL issues. Abortions are not ruining this country.

2) marriage again- a certain sect of the population would love to have a constitutional amendment defining marriage. Again- its a waste of time and distracts from REAL issues. $#@!sexual relationships are not ruining this country.

3) Scribbles doctrine- a certain sect is uppity b/c they can't write commandments all over public buildings (schools, court houses, government offices)... again- this is a stupid issue and its stupid to spend over a second talking about it given the REAL issues we have. The Lack of bible verses in public view is not what's wrong with this country

4)Contraception ban- yeah well you also thought it was unconsitutional for the government to require you to purchase healthcare or.... how's that working for ya? Catholics for example, believe all forms of contraception is wrong... not hard to imagine that they (or like minded peeps) would move to make it harder to get your hands on condoms... Rubbers and the pill are not what's wron with this country. In fact I would much rather pay for condoms and plan B or the pill than an orphan for 18 years...but thats just me. People $#@!ing safely is not a problem with this country.

5) Creationism in public schools- I mean its obvious that there is/was a push for this going on in congress... And on this one- yeah we have too many people who give up rational thought for religious doctrine.... this is a problem with our country... we should try not to make it worse.

What do you think the pressing issues are then? I am unwaiveringly pro life. It is a minor issue in it's overall numerical impact, but one of the most important issues in it's moral standing. The catholic church doesn't want to end contraception, just it's use among Catholics. The govt has no right to mandate plan b in catholic churches because it fundamentally challenges the free expression of their religion. You don't want a fiscal conservative, you want a blue dog who thinks the same as you.

@funeralfog, the santorum thing is just a joke, I guess I should make that clearer in the post, read the article. It's very onionesque, but not lame like the onion

Ps. Read the comments, a handful only read half the article before posting and didn't realize it was satire, cracks me up!
    Last edited by btbam; 02-11-2012 at 07:39.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    What do you think the pressing issues are then? I am unwaiveringly pro life. It is a minor issue in it's overall numerical impact, but one of the most important issues in it's moral standing. The catholic church doesn't want to end contraception, just it's use among Catholics. The govt has no right to mandate plan b in catholic churches because it fundamentally challenges the free expression of their religion. You don't want a fiscal conservative, you want a blue dog who thinks the same as you.
    Oh i dunno...reforming social security, medicare, military spending, the tax code, welfare, rebuilding are infra structure, energy independence, energy research, funding/reforming public education... etc etc. ya know, some of the stuff the tea bags claimed they were going to do before they spent 2 years going after NPR, planned parenthood, pretending like we weren't going to raise the debt ceiling...

I am personally pro-choice but mostly b/c I don't think crack $#@!s (for example) should be reproducing. Doesn't mean I think it should be a common practice... nor does it mean I think "you" should have to pay for someone elses... nor do i think that only the affluent should have access to said procedure...

As for the catholic church- 98% of sexually active women admit to using some form of contraception. 75% of catholic women use some form of contraception. over 50% of catholics support said mandate. The church is just in denial that once again it has been left in the stone age. Rick Santorum believes that ALL FORMS of contraception are wrong... and that sex is for making babies ONLY. In any case the whole thing was a political calculation on Obama's part- both sides just used this issue as a fund raiser... and the same people fell for the same song and dance and opened up their checkbooks.

and yeah... and blue dog dem is essentially a fiscal conservative minus the abortion rhetoric... what's your problem with that?
    Last edited by DayWalker; 02-11-2012 at 12:25.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

See you're talking about how you think things SHOULD be under the constitution. And I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm talking about things as they ARE.-
    Okay. Fair enough. But, how things SHOULD be is the whole point of the elections. It's about what one candidate or another thinks what should be not how things are. Also as it stands now, with the statement you yourself just made, you no longer have any excuses for why you CAN'T vote for Ron Paul.

Except, Ron Paul isn't pandering to anyone and he's the only fiscal conservative on any side of the isle. Can you name one person that does anything remotely close to what Ron Paul proposes on year one of his presidency? I'd say, cutting $1 Trillion dollars from the federal budget, dispensing of five departments and drawing all our troops home immediately is pretty fiscally conservative. Actually, there is no one else who proposes anything half as good.

Except, Ron Paul isn't pandering to anyone on this either. By making marriage a personal liberty issue (which it really is as no has the right to legislate morality) he is in effect, pandering to no one.

3) Scribbles doctrine- a certain sect is uppity b/c they can't write commandments all over public buildings (schools, court houses, government offices)... again- this is a stupid issue and its stupid to spend over a second talking about it given the REAL issues we have. The Lack of bible verses in public view is not what's wrong with this country.
    Except, Ron Paul doesn't even give this issue the time of day because he is the only proponent of the constitution. As a matter of fact, he oftentimes cites the 1st amendment in regards to government not showing any respect, in one way or another, to any religion. He's made his stance very clear and he doesn't waste his time on fluff issues like this.

Considering the cost of healthcare, it's pretty bad. Government sponsored healthcare has made healthcare less accessible, not more. You may think the opposite, but the numbers don't lie.

As for the rest, with exception to your last sentence, I disagree to an extent and so does Ron Paul. Why should the government be there to bail out the individual when the individual is irresponsible. What Ron Paul proposes is to make this an individual liberty issue. He doesn't propose to ban condoms or the pill. He proposes that individuals be responsible for their actions. As for plan B, it's in violation of an individuals right to life. It's a violent act and should be treated as such.

Considering Ron Paul's stance on education (he is offering to get rid of the DOE) and his love for the constitution, (another issue regarding the 1st amendment) you need not worry unless you vote for someone other than Ron Paul.

Okay. You had me being civil up until this comment. Not cool man and you do yourself a great disservice by it.

As for the issue of slavery, liberals made it out to be more than what it was and conservatives wanted to make it more about states rights and government interventionism in states' affairs. (Ironically, both are valid to a degree) Now, don't read this as, "Morganator is a closet racist" or anything like that because that isn't true in the slightest. The problem is, both sides have tried to alter history to be seen in a better light. This isn't an issue about political correctness or even an issue about rewriting history. It's an issue of political grandstanding with both parties trying their hardest to be seen in a favorable light. It all boils down to votes and expanding the respective parties. I'm actually surprised no one sees it this the way I do.

Thread Information