Page 64 of 212 FirstFirst ... 546474 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 5283
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Now why would anyone listen to Obama? After all, he is a secret muslim that intends to destroy this great country of ours. We must take our country back from outsiders like him. He isn't one of us. Barack "Hussein" Obama. I see a problem here. My god, we are doomed.
    ROFL!!! It's much easier to create a straw man than actually address the actual point. I guess you should stick to what you are best at though!

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    what IS he up to!?
    It's obvious, growing the federal government and debt! That's what he's up to!
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    ROFL!!! It's much easier to create a straw man than actually address the actual point. I guess you should stick to what you are best at though!
    oh no! We have an outsider inside our white house. The anti-christ is here. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph please help us.

It's obvious, growing the federal government and debt! That's what he's up to!
    Oh no! He is getting us into more depth. He is all for destroying our great country. We must do anything to defeat this enemy of our country. Oh no! Crony capitalism. We must make him "a one term president".

Veteran
    oh no! We have an outsider inside our white house. The anti-christ is here. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph please help us.

Oh no! He is getting us into more depth. He is all for destroying our great country. We must do anything to defeat this enemy of our country. Oh no! Crony capitalism. We must make him "a one term president".
    LOL, another profound and enlightening post by our forum "ranger"! Keep'em coming buddy, it makes for great entertainment!

Forum Sage
    LOL, another profound and enlightening post by our forum "ranger"! Keep'em coming buddy, it makes for great entertainment!
    I'm just trying to be tea party like. Eat your heart out Air Force -1....lol or should I say-1.....lol

Cheer up dude...your too serious. Lay off of the faux news kool-aid.

Veteran
    I'm just trying to be tea party like. Eat your heart out Air Force -1....lol or should I say-1.....lol

Cheer up dude...your too serious. Lay off of the faux news kool-aid.
    I thought my last post was pretty cheerful and light hearted!

Forum Sage
    I thought my last post was pretty cheerful and light hearted!
    You know there is a ignore feature here on these forums. Maybe you should think about using it. I know I do.

Veteran
    You know there is a ignore feature here on these forums. Maybe you should think about using it. I know I do.
    Yeah, I know the feature exists, but I haven't felt a need to use it on any forum that I can recall... ever. Ignoring people is something I did when I was a kid, I would much rather exchange thoughts with people than to simply ignore those that I disagree with, not much personal growth with the latter.

Forum Sage
    Yeah, I know the feature exists, but I haven't felt a need to use it on any forum that I can recall... ever. Ignoring people is something I did when I was a kid, I would much rather exchange thoughts with people than to simply ignore those that I disagree with, not much personal growth with the latter.
    lol...LHM.

Veteran
    lol...LHM.

Forum Sage

How's he going to steal votes if he's not on the ballot?

Write in candidates are statistically insignificant...
    Except, Ron Paul's support won't be statistically insignificant as you so aptly put. He has far more support than what you or substance is giving credit for and that support WILL hurt the republican party immensely and will hurt the democrats almost as much. Ron Paul's support will open up a lot of eyes and destroy a lot of egos. Count on it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Except, Ron Paul's support won't be statistically insignificant as you so aptly put. He has far more support than what you or substance is giving credit for and that support WILL hurt the republican party immensely and will hurt the democrats almost as much. Ron Paul's support will open up a lot of eyes and destroy a lot of egos. Count on it.
    I doubt Paul will pull many people away from the democratic side. Not enough to hurt them. If he hurts anyone it will be Romney. Women will make the difference and it seems that they are leaning to vote for Obama for now.

The Heisman
    still early. remember there was a 2 week period where women LOVED Sarah Palin... then she started speaking... (and hasn't stopped)

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    still early. remember there was a 2 week period where women LOVED Sarah Palin... then she started speaking... (and hasn't stopped)
    Thats true. Still a long time til November.

The Heisman
    tax day eve... and the tea party is dead silent (again) this year...

...pretty much just reinforces that the majority of those protestors were just mad/upset that their "side" had been walloped in consecutive election years... not so much spending.

thats not to say that people aren't genuinely (and rightfully) upset about government overspending... or that national debt is not a real issue...

however all that "spectacle" from several years ago was mostly just people throwing a tantrum after their "team" lost the super bowl.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    tax day eve... and the tea party is dead silent (again) this year...

...pretty much just reinforces that the majority of those protestors were just mad/upset that their "side" had been walloped in consecutive election years... not so much spending.

thats not to say that people aren't genuinely (and rightfully) upset about government overspending... or that national debt is not a real issue...

however all that "spectacle" from several years ago was mostly just people throwing a tantrum after their "team" lost the super bowl.
    Correlation =/= Causation.....

Forum Sage

That officer should have his hand chopped off.

Veteran
    Deleted post. No need to keep trolls alive after they've been banned.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-18-2012 at 19:11.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    You dont let up do you pal?!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    LOL.... never mind...
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-18-2012 at 19:40.

Forum Guru
    Wes, I believe that post was for someone else, whose posts have been deleted, so it now looks like it was for you
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    Wes, I believe that post was for someone else, whose posts have been deleted, so it now looks like it was for you
    HA! Good call!

Edit: TSA coming to a bus near YOU!!! I know our local Democrat officials only have our best interests at heart, I know they aren't trying to create a nanny state.... but that's exactly what they are doing!

If you are one of the select few that actually enjoys riding the bus, you might have a change of heart after hearing what the TSA is doing in Houston, Texas.

Democratic Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee held a press conference last week to discuss the details of Houston’s newest initiatives. It is being branded as a program called “BusSafe” and the press release describes it as a necessity for enhancing safety in the city’s public transportation system. Just exactly how they are going about accomplishing that has already attracted its fair share of critics, though.

Under the program launched last week, passengers on busses run by the Houston METRO system will be subjected to random questioning and searches from “counter-terrorism experts” hired by the Transportation Security Administration. Yes, the very same TSA that has become notorious for invasive pat-downs at airports across the country are opening up a new front in their war on privacy, and it’s on Houston’s public busses.

Riders of the Houston METRO won’t be waiting in line for security checkpoints like they do before boarding flights, though. According to the press release, authorities will “ride buses, perform random bag checks and conduct K-9 sweeps, as well as place uniformed and plainclothes officers at Transit Centers and rail platforms to detect, prevent and address latent criminal activity or behavior.” Both local police and undercover TSA agents will be carrying out the city-wide searches.

“If you think you’re going to be a bad actor on buses, get ready. You are going to have a short-lived time frame,”
    Congresswoman Jackson Lee explained.

And if you think you’re safe from this scrutiny by being outside of Houston, think again. The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County say the searches starting in Houston are part of a national pilot program. BusSafe, it says, may be introduced in cities from coast-to-coast.

Last year the TSA hinted that they could be broadening their reach in the near future. When commenting to the Los Angeles Times on TSA’s plans to start doing pat-downs in bus and train stations, air marshal Ray Dineen put it rather simply: "We are not the Airport Security Administration. We take that transportation part seriously.

"
    At the time, RT reported that the TSA conducted over 9,000 unannounced checkpoints at transportation hubs across the country during 2011. As those searches — literally — board the buses in 2012, the number of people searched appear set to rise.

"I don't want them looking through my bag. I have a lot of stuff in there,"
    METRO rider Dominique Guillory explains in protest to the city’s NBC affiliate, KPRC News. If Congresswoman Jackson Lee and the TSA agents have any say, however, it won’t really matter.

METRO adds that they do not plan on disclosing the routes, dates or identities of undercover officers that have already started searching passengers in Houston.

“We have one of the safest transit systems in the world in Houston,”
    METRO Police Chief Victor Rodriguez explains in the BusSafe press release.
    “One way we are able to keep it that way is through the use of deterrents such as uniformed and plainclothes officers patrolling our system and aggressively addressing suspicious and criminal activity.”
    OH NO!!! Something bad might potentially happen to me when I am away from my house! Please, oh mighty Federal government.... PROTECT ME!! When does it stop? Seriously?! Government just gets larger and larger, spends more and more, wants to tax more so it can grow and spend more, and gets more involved in the every day lives of the public.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-18-2012 at 20:45.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    How much money do I need to give you to feel safe again?!?

This is bull$#@!! I stopped flying cus of TSA asshat security points. (and partly becuase I hate planes) but tsa was a big reason why. People need to wake up and realize this is not ok. America took it up the ass like a fool when they treaded on our constitution before. Now they are going to randomly seach busses and trains...before you know it they'll have agents stopping cars at checkpoints. Then maybe people will finally see we are heading toward tyranny (not too far away IMO). But dear leader will protect us...what a bunch of nonsense, it can't even pass a budget.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    How much money do I need to give you to feel safe again?!?

This is bull$#@!! I stopped flying cus of TSA asshat security points. (and partly becuase I hate planes) but tsa was a big reason why. People need to wake up and realize this is not ok. America took it up the ass like a fool when they treaded on our constitution before. Now they are going to randomly seach busses and trains...before you know it they'll have agents stopping cars at checkpoints. Then maybe people will finally see we are heading toward tyranny (not too far away IMO). But dear leader will protect us...what a bunch of nonsense, it can't even pass a budget.
    Curious silence on this topic by some.

It's been a pretty interesting 3.5 years so far.

-Fiscal responsibility promised, but not even a single budget has been passed because of how outlandish they have been.
    -The administration sicked the EPA on Texas because it's an economic beacon for the US. So, they tried to change the regulation that would have caused serious harm to the Texas economy, the State fought back AND WON in the courts.
    -Tried to push the employee free choice act (skewing the balance of power to the unions) through to pay the unions back for all the contributions but no luck.
    -Passed health care reform with the ultimate goal of driving private insurers out of the market and create a single payer system. Once that was accomplished, it would end up being a BIG win for unions as they would ultimately be government workers and would end up unionized. But now chances are it's going to be over turned.
    -There are more and more of his fundraisers that were appointed to the Energy Department, many of which have connections to all the bankrupt green energy companies that billions of tax payer dollars have been dolled out to.

.... the list goes on...

I know there are a few good things that he's done, but he's far too irresponsible with tax payer money and to concerned with growing the power and scope of the federal government. I'm not sure if Romney would be much better, but he I don't think he could be any worse.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I give this about 5min before somebody rushes in and puts a glorifying positive spin on Obama and these strong armed federal policies in general.

Probably somebody with the screen name: "Holder_pls_do_me"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Curious silence on this topic by some.

It's been a pretty interesting 3.5 years so far.

-Fiscal responsibility promised, but not even a single budget has been passed because of how outlandish they have been.
    -The administration sicked the EPA on Texas because it's an economic beacon for the US. So, they tried to change the regulation that would have caused serious harm to the Texas economy, the State fought back AND WON in the courts.
    -Tried to push the employee free choice act (skewing the balance of power to the unions) through to pay the unions back for all the contributions but no luck.
    -Passed health care reform with the ultimate goal of driving private insurers out of the market and create a single payer system. Once that was accomplished, it would end up being a BIG win for unions as they would ultimately be government workers and would end up unionized. But now chances are it's going to be over turned.
    -There are more and more of his fundraisers that were appointed to the Energy Department, many of which have connections to all the bankrupt green energy companies that billions of tax payer dollars have been dolled out to.

.... the list goes on...

I know there are a few good things that he's done, but he's far too irresponsible with tax payer money and to concerned with growing the power and scope of the federal government. I'm not sure if Romney would be much better, but he I don't think he could be any worse.
    If you look at the states that were hit least in this recession, resource rich states like Texas did well. Same for Other states where the economy was driven by resources. Socialism at it's finest: let's make everbody mediocre. Let's take the one thing that helped these states do well in the bad economy and kill it....make em more dependent on the fed.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Thread Information