Page 84 of 215 FirstFirst ... 748494 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 5369
    Forum Sage

It's okay. I won't be voting for either of the two contenders. I will either vote Gary Johnson (He leans a little to the right with the issue regarding Israel) or write Ron Paul in. (More likely than the former)

Veteran
    Oh boy.... MSNBC is going after Romney, accusing him of racism, accusing him of trying to appeal to racist white voters.... geeez.... good ole Rachel Maddcow.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Oh boy.... MSNBC is going after Romney, accusing him of racism, accusing him of trying to appeal to racist white voters.... geeez.... good ole Rachel Maddcow.
    ...well if they don't turn out for him he's got no chance... :

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    A Mittens/Rice ticket would be very interesting...
    I wonder if her connection to the Bush Admin would sink her ship...

Or Mitt could just be trying to change the channel on the latest Bain news...
    That would probably be a disaster with Rice's pro abortion views...but then again the right wing hate obama so much that they probably wouldn't care.

Veteran
    ...well if they don't turn out for him he's got no chance... :
    HA!!! I guess they must have voted for Obama in 08!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    My prediction is Rubio; not that it really matters.
    Rubio is too young and inexperienced. Romney needs someone intelligent and experienced to articulate the ruplican platform. Although Rubio should be a choice 2016 or 2020 for something big in the party assuming he doesn't face some political scandal. Portman is vanilla candidat, but i think its what he needs. boring and articulate.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by boom_headshot View Post
    Oh neat! A sad little OP-ED piece that attempts to portray the state of the economy as falling directly within the lap of a sole individual, while simultaneously making no effort whatsoever to disguise the blatant bias behind failing to mention the president having to deal with a party which is on record as having no other goals than making this "a one-term president", and whose idea of partisanship is "the president...bending to the republican way of thinking". A Senate which has, in one term, more fillibusters than in the entire combined history of all prior senates.

This article has failed the young, by presuming that the young are too stupid to see through such completely biased partisan hackery.

Into the circular filing cabinet with this one.
    Its just more right wing propaganda. You are talking about a party that would rather see Obama fail than the nation succeed.

Veteran
    Oh neat! A sad little OP-ED piece that attempts to portray the state of the economy as falling directly within the lap of a sole individual, while simultaneously making no effort whatsoever to disguise the blatant bias behind failing to mention the president having to deal with a party which is on record as having no other goals than making this "a one-term president", and whose idea of partisanship is "the president...bending to the republican way of thinking". A Senate which has, in one term, more fillibusters than in the entire combined history of all prior senates.

This article has failed the young, by presuming that the young are too stupid to see through such completely biased partisan hackery.

I would love to see some actual facts to support the bold portion, from what I've been able to find that's a false statement.

The Heisman
    Nice way to gauge which way the election goes:

DOW > 13,000 = Obama win
    12,500 > DOW < 13,000 = Lean Obama
    12,000 > DOW < 12,500 = Lean Mittens
    DOW < 12,000 = Mittens win

...and to the wise ass in the back of the room... DOW= DJIA = Dow Jones Industrial Average... you receive zero point.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Guru
    Nice way to gauge which way the election goes:
    DOW < 200 = Ron Paul
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    I would $#@!ing flip out with laughter and applause if That were to happen.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

you didn't really read the piece. the point of it was to say obama has failed youth voters...go back and re-read it then decide whether you want to reevaluate your statement. You also mentioned it yourself...OpEd. its an editorial...that means it has a point of view....How dare this editorial have a point of view!
    Last edited by btbam; 07-16-2012 at 07:19.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    How brilliant is this? Obama says small business didn't build up their business on their own and implies the government drives successful business! HA.HA.HA. Only thing you get when you put the government into business is crony capitalism.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/wa...WO1A8.facebook

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    How brilliant is this? Obama says small business didn't build up their business on their own and implies the government drives successful business! HA.HA.HA. Only thing you get when you put the government into business is crony capitalism.

Crony Capitalism. Republicans love to use that term. Throwing stones from a big glass house.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-17-2012 at 00:08.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post

Very interesting quote from his speech....

If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by angrydollup View Post
    The DISCLOSE act was up for vote on Monday, which would have brought transparency to the massive amounts of money being funneled into campaign finance. Can you guess who stopped it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/17/op...mity.html?_r=1
    Is it possible there were some problems with the bill that have not been addressed by the NY Times?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by angrydollup View Post
    To the average citizen? Probably not.

To the Republicans? A huge problem:
    I think wes was refering to the idea that the law was flawed or inept not necessarily controversial. I skimmed the text of the law and it seems to me to target individual doners not just bundlers, pacs, or unions. This would have a chilling effect on private donations. Pacs and unions etc. Already disclose much of the information required so really what this law does prevents individuals from donating anonymously.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot42 View Post
    Oh I'm sure at what he meant, what I'm saying is there really isn't a good reason that I'm aware of. The law would in fact requierd bundlers, pacs and unions to disclose. By chilling, you mean actually keeping people honest and not allowing them to hide their affiliations in the shadows? Yeah, I bet that is chilling for Republicans. Pac's disclose very little, only what the front group is. But it does nothing to trace the origin of the funds and let you know who is ACTUALLY donating. All you currently see are front groups that pretend to be operating as social responsibility or what have you advocates. So again, if someone can actually tell me a legitimate reason why this bill was shot down I'd be more than willing to change my mind on it.

Also a little more humor at the lock-step nature of the right:

We have a right to association and a right to free speech. Donating money is a form of speech and individuals should have the right to affiliate with whom they wish without repercussions from third parties. Yes it will have a chilling effect, people will be discouraged from donating money. And before you say republicans don't want it because they benefit from donations the most, remember at this point in time, Obama has more wall street money than Romney does.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot42 View Post

Now, we really know why he picked Palin or Romney. Basically, because she had less dirt.

Unbound Mercenary
    Dear God. I love America, but if Obama wins this election, America is screwed up the butt, and will be pretty much the end of the country.

He won't even show if he is a $#@!ing American citizen!
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Dear God. I love America, but if Obama wins this election, America is screwed up the butt, and will be pretty much the end of the country.

He won't even show if he is a $#@!ing American citizen!
    ...at least you show your true colors. Now, all of your posts make perfect sense.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    ...at least you show your true colors. Now, all of your posts make perfect sense.
    Oh sorry for wanting to know if the ruler of the country was born an American citizen.

And the same can not be said about your posts man, unless you really do hate America, and wish it to burn down. If so, then all of your posts make perfect sense.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Oh sorry for wanting to know if the ruler of the country was born an American citizen.

And the same can not be said about your posts man, unless you really do hate America, and wish it to burn down. If so, then all of your posts make perfect sense.
    Does it make a difference now? It's not like he hasn't shown proof already. It obviously still didn't make a difference to some and probably never will. After almost 4 years the birthers are still at it with this nonsense. If people wanted to prove that he isn't a citizen then it wouldn't be hard to do. They haven't proved it because they know he is a citizen and its all a part of scare politics. They know that some(like yourself) will believe it regardless.....or is it that you really do believe that Obama hates this country and is trying to destroy it...lol

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Does it make a difference now? It's not like he hasn't shown proof already. It obviously still didn't make a difference to some and probably never will. After almost 4 years the birthers are still at it with this nonsense. If people wanted to prove that he isn't a citizen then it wouldn't be hard to do. They haven't proved it because they know he is a citizen and its all a part of scare politics. They know that some(like yourself) will believe it regardless.....or is it that you really do believe that Obama hates this country and is trying to destroy it...lol
    It its not obvious to you that he is destroying the country, then you must really be blind to whats happening in the country. Everything has gone to $#@!.

Thread Information