Page 90 of 212 FirstFirst ... 8090100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 5283
  1. #2226
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    To be honest, I was really hoping that Romey would go with Herman Cane as VP.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  2. #2227

    TwentyThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,093
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    110,975 (700 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    To be honest, I was really hoping that Romey would go with Herman Cane as VP.
    That would be like selecting Sarah Palin 2.0, the media would tear through him just like they did with Palin. Personally think that would be great for entertainment but unfortunately Romney went with a 'safe' pick tough


  3. #2228
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,605 (0 Banked)
    Romney went with someone who won't, "rock the boat", and that's exactly what the Paul Ryan selection was about. It's about maintaining the status quo while giving the average American on the right the illusion that the Romney/Ryan duo are the best two people for the job or at least, "the lesser of two evils". The average voter is eating this up, without so much as looking into Ryan's voting record. We are essentially being given the same choice no matter what party we vote for.

  4. #2229
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Romney went with someone who won't, "rock the boat", and that's exactly what the Paul Ryan selection was about. It's about maintaining the status quo while giving the average American on the right the illusion that the Romney/Ryan duo are the best two people for the job or at least, "the lesser of two evils". The average voter is eating this up, without so much as looking into Ryan's voting record. We are essentially being given the same choice no matter what party we vote for.
    I wouldn't say they are the same. You can draw some pretty big distinctions between Democrat and Republican. If you compare them to Libertarianism, the spending, govt size etc. all looks the same. but i don't think its really a fair assessment to clump them together in opposition to a third party.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  5. #2230
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,605 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I wouldn't say they are the same. You can draw some pretty big distinctions between Democrat and Republican. If you compare them to Libertarianism, the spending, govt size etc. all looks the same. but i don't think its really a fair assessment to clump them together in opposition to a third party.
    You're right. They aren't the same. However, the differences are so negligible that there really aren't any big distinctions. Both favor expansion of the government, both favor intervention in the economy, both favor massive spending, both favor dismantling of the constitution via unconstitutional bills. All I'm saying is look at the voting records for each and then compare notes. Don't look at rhetoric. Look at the voting records. It will show a quite surprising few distinctions, if any.

  6. #2231
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Would you give it up engage? seriously bro...how many times are you gonna get banned before you don't come back? I am sick and tired of these hogwash disenfranchisement claims...you can get the ID FREE. It doesn't cost anybody a damn thing to get an ID to vote. Yea i guess you have to expend time to get the ID, but honestly, if you are going to say your free time is a poll tax then you probably raise a stink about having to wait in line to vote. Are you honestly going to tell me, that in the 3 odd months we have left until the election that someone cannot find 20 minuets to get a free ID to vote with? Bull$#@!. You may think that 340 cases of voter fraud (which i know there are more) is acceptable amount, but id rather have 0! Nice job referencing the Daily Kos, biggest liberal shill I've ever seen. Of course they are going to take a comment out of context to make a Republican look foolish! who'd think that?

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  7. #2232
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Oh snap! I can't vote for Romney, he's going to put us all in chains! Well, at least he's going to put African American's back in chains... according to uncle Joe anyway.



    This guy.... just keep making speeches buddy... PRICELESS!
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  8. #2233
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    LOL. I wonder what Obama values...no budget in 3 years. Maybe he is a nihilist....I do agree with one statement Ol' Joe, the budget is the number one political statement one can make.

    "Nihilists! $#@! me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos."
    -Walter Sobchak

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  9. #2234
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,867
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,031 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    LOL. I wonder what Obama values...no budget in 3 years. Maybe he is a nihilist....I do agree with one statement Ol' Joe, the budget is the number one political statement one can make.

    "Nihilists! $#@! me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos."
    -Walter Sobchak
    Dude, stop it with that political nonsense.

  10. #2235
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Dude, stop it with that political nonsense.
    It was a joke, did you not see the Big Lebowski quote just under that?

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  11. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
  12. #2236
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Oh snap! I can't vote for Romney, he's going to put us all in chains! Well, at least he's going to put African American's back in chains... according to uncle Joe anyway.



    This guy.... just keep making speeches buddy... PRICELESS!
    ...was this at an african-american conference then? where are you getting race from???

    ... maybe I just missed it.

    anyways... outside of silly season... they really do want to deregulate the banks again... why does anyone think this is a great idea???

    the country did pretty well before the repeal of steagall-glass...

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  13. #2237
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    I don't think its is about race. There were african american's in the crowd but it wasn't the predominant audience or at an african ameriacn conference. The pundits have been talking about it that way though. Think its probably something to do with the black guy in the background, the chain reference, and the "y'all" colloquialism. Jumped to a "pandering to black voters" things. Of course this does make me curious what this says about our race consciousness in America that the pundits jump to that. Just another gaff more or less. Nothing to see here folks.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  14. Likes DayWalker likes this post
  15. #2238
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Would you give it up engage? seriously bro...how many times are you gonna get banned before you don't come back? I am sick and tired of these hogwash disenfranchisement claims...you can get the ID FREE. It doesn't cost anybody a damn thing to get an ID to vote. Yea i guess you have to expend time to get the ID, but honestly, if you are going to say your free time is a poll tax then you probably raise a stink about having to wait in line to vote. Are you honestly going to tell me, that in the 3 odd months we have left until the election that someone cannot find 20 minuets to get a free ID to vote with? Bull$#@!. You may think that 340 cases of voter fraud (which i know there are more) is acceptable amount, but id rather have 0! Nice job referencing the Daily Kos, biggest liberal shill I've ever seen. Of course they are going to take a comment out of context to make a Republican look foolish! who'd think that?
    on another subject... where do you live where you can get in and out of the DMV in 20 min

    its naive to think these new restrictions are not politically motivated

    additionally- keep in mind that raising a stink about this will motivate more people to make sure they go out and get the ID... which is ultimately a good thing.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 08-16-2012 at 02:12.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  16. #2239
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Hey my state you can make appointments to the DMV online or by phone. Pretty damn simple. You only wait a bunch if you walk in. When i renewed my license last year, in and out in about 5 min. Honestly i wish the subject would just drop. It in no way disenfranchises votes. The IDs are free, anybody can get it. The only thing stopping somebody from getting an ID is laziness, quite honestly if they can't put in the time to do that, i don't want em voting. You don't want to be an active citizen you shouldn't vote.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  17. #2240
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Hey my state you can make appointments to the DMV online or by phone. Pretty damn simple. You only wait a bunch if you walk in. When i renewed my license last year, in and out in about 5 min. Honestly i wish the subject would just drop. It in no way disenfranchises votes. The IDs are free, anybody can get it. The only thing stopping somebody from getting an ID is laziness, quite honestly if they can't put in the time to do that, i don't want em voting. You don't want to be an active citizen you shouldn't vote.
    i don't think senior citizens are lazy...

    nor people who don't have cars...

    in anycase... hopefully all this attention gets people fired up enough to make sure their right to vote is not jeapordized

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  18. #2241
    Super Elite
    btbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Moor
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,437
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Why the $#@! do you care so much engage? what is the point to keep coming back every day to make these posts? You are determined to come back day after day to make your same posts to an audience who is not receptive. Ever time, you come and post some nonsense, get banned and come back! WHY? This is an online forum with strangers you don't even know. Do you have nothing else to do on this planet other than make fun of republicans on the internet to anonymous strangers? Seriously bro, give it a rest. Why the $#@! do you care so much? Now i would like to address everything you have posted above, because it does contain some lies and misrepresentations, but why should I care? You're just some anonymous stranger on the internet who can't leave well enough alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    i don't think senior citizens are lazy...

    nor people who don't have cars...

    in anycase... hopefully all this attention gets people fired up enough to make sure their right to vote is not jeapordized
    Not being able to get an ID in 3 months is laziness. You are going to tell me, that within 3 months time, it is so burdensome to get an ID that you will be unable to vote? If you can get to the polling place, you can get to the DMV to get an ID. Assuming that that old people are minorities are unable to get IDs is ridiculous...i give them more credit than that.
    Last edited by btbam; 08-16-2012 at 03:54.

    Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

  19. #2242
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,867
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,031 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    i don't think senior citizens are lazy...

    nor people who don't have cars...

    in anycase... hopefully all this attention gets people fired up enough to make sure their right to vote is not jeapordized
    I hope they fail miserably with that tactic. Its not all about having a ID either. We know what they are trying to do. Some people are having to go out and get a new ID because somehow the one they used back in 2008 just isn't good enough anymore. Even A moderate republican has come out and admitted it:
    Jim Greer, Former Florida Republican Chairman, Says Party Officials Discussed Suppressing Black Vote


    In a lawsuit filed against the Republican Party in Florida, former chairman Jim Greer said that party officials discussed ways in which they could prevent blacks from voting, the Tampa Bay Times reports.Greer alleged that party officials, some of whom he called "whack-a-do's," discussed suppressing the black vote in a December 2009 meeting.
    "I was upset because the political consultants and staff were talking about voter suppression and keeping blacks from voting. It had been one of those days,'' he said.Greer also said that the party wanted to oust former governor Charlie Crist, a Republican, in part because Crist appointed a liberal black judge to the state's Supreme Court.
    Greer, however, has an axe to grind: he is facing corruption charges on six felonies,including money laundering and grand theft stemming from allegations that he ran a shell company that improperly funneled party money to him.
    Gov. Rick Scott of Florida, a Republican, has endorsed a voter I.D. law in the state, as well as a purge that its supporters say is meant to keep non-citizens from illegally casting a ballot. But critics say that voter fraud almost never happens, that disproportionate numbers of the people purged are Democrats or Hispanics who are legally eligible to vote, and that the purge does not leave them sufficient time to re-register in the event that they were accidentally kicked off the voter rolls.
    Earlier this week, Crist said that Rick Scott, who succeeded him as governor, called the state's voter I.D. laws and its controversial voter purge "unconscionable."
    “The concern really is on sort of a closing the door on democracy,” Crist told MSNBC on Wednesday.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1710700.html

    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-16-2012 at 03:54.

  20. #2243
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ...was this at an african-american conference then? where are you getting race from???
    The way he changed his speaking tone, he said it as if he were speaking to a black audience, much like Obama and Hillary have done when they speak to a black audience.

    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    anyways... outside of silly season... they really do want to deregulate the banks again... why does anyone think this is a great idea???

    the country did pretty well before the repeal of steagall-glass...
    Just because this didn't happen prior to Dodd-Frank doesn't mean it's a good bill, because it's not.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  21. #2244
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    The way he changed his speaking tone, he said it as if he were speaking to a black audience, much like Obama and Hillary have done when they speak to a black audience.



    Just because this didn't happen prior to Dodd-Frank doesn't mean it's a good bill, because it's not.
    ...as an african-american I have no idea what you are talking about

    ...but good luck with that!

    =========

    ...just b/c what didn't happen before dodd-frank???
    ...and if d0dd-frank is a abd bill what's he gonna replace it with? or are we gonna let the banks do as they please b/c thats worked so well in the past...

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  22. #2245
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ...as an african-american I have no idea what you are talking about

    ...but good luck with that!
    The dialect changes, Obama does it, Hillary has done it, Biden did it.... it's politics and pandering. I assume that, when Biden modified his dialect (much like Obama has done in certain scenarios) it was because he was speaking directly to African Americans.

    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ...just b/c what didn't happen before dodd-frank???
    Financial meltdown, derivatives trading, etc. Dodd-Frank is what they've been talking about peeling back. I don't think they've said we are going to let the financials institutions run wild (although I've seen that repeated over and over again), but rather, Dodd-Frank is not a good bill and it needs to be removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ...and if d0dd-frank is a abd bill what's he gonna replace it with? or are we gonna let the banks do as they please b/c thats worked so well in the past...
    The alternative they proposed when Dodd Frank was passed, or whatever it has turned into today. I think what might be the best way that I've read about, as well as the most simple, would be to increase capital requirements. That would help the "too big to fail" part of the problem by decreasing the amount the big banks can leverage themselves and make the bankers more responsible for the risks they undertake.

    Edit: Yeah, Jim Greer is a trust worthy person alright! The dude is on trial for FELONY corruption charges.... great source!
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 08-16-2012 at 05:41.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  23. #2246
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,983
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,229 (0 Banked)
    Considering how you need an ID to do pretty much anything, requiring one or voting (especially if people get free or heavily subsidized id's) really isn't a big deal at all.

    It's funny how you guys cling to the voter suppression idea. I'd bet if you handed those minorities free id's, and registered them to vote on the spot they still wouldn't be likely to participate.

    And going with what was said above, seeing as how they tend to vote along party lines and are not likely to do much research on why they are voting for X candidate's, I don't see their votes as helping.

  24. #2247
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think anyone needs an ID to vote.




  25. #2248
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,867
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,031 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post


    Edit: Yeah, Jim Greer is a trust worthy person alright! The dude is on trial for FELONY corruption charges.... great source!
    Yea, but it doesn't mean its not true. He isn't the only one to say it either.

    Even former GOP Florida Governor Charlie Crist has weighed in on the voting problems in the Sunshine State with an Op- Ed in The Washington Post, roundly criticizing the current voter purge.

    Including as many Americans as possible in our electoral process is the spirit of our country. It is why we have expanded rights to women and minorities but never legislated them away, and why we have lowered the voting age but never raised it. Cynical efforts at voter suppression are driven by an un-American desire to exclude as many people and silence as many voices as possible,” he said.
    In this day in politics i'm not surprised that this sort of thing is happening. It just reeks of desperation and it really shows how much they care about the minority vote.

  26. #2249
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,867
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,031 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't think anyone needs an ID to vote.
    In some states you do.

  27. #2250
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ... I guess getting the 10 black voters in that room were really important..

    anyways...

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.