Page 96 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8696106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5410
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    LOL.... conventions are pretty much meh.... it's all "rah rah" and speaking directly to the base that's going to vote for that person no matter if they grew horns and started enslaving the human race.

u mean like Bush's convention?

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    u mean like Bush's convention?
    I am pretty sure I used a broad brush, I didn't specify any specific person or party, I referred to conventions in general. They're giant pep rallies for the base, I have no interest in them.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I am pretty sure I used a broad brush, I didn't specify any specific person or party, I referred to conventions in general. They're giant pep rallies for the base, I have no interest in them.

it was just a jab at bush wes... horns...enslaving the human race....

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    I'm writing in my vote for the empty chair.

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    The Heisman

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

it was just a jab at bush wes... horns...enslaving the human race....
    Oh, sorry man, I've been a little under the weather and not so sharp the past day or two.

So, yeah, that was a good one, actually laughed a little.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Michelle's speech was pretty outstanding. Prob going to be the highlight of the convention IMO.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

9. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    lol..pointless....This election won't be about religion. Their convention still seems to be better than the Republicans. What the hell were they thinking about putting Clint Eastwood on stage? The guy was totally incoherent. Now they seem to be backing away from it...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 04:13.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..pointless....This election won't be about religion. Their convention still seems to be better than the Republicans. What the hell were they thinking about putting Clint Eastwood on stage? The guy was totally incoherent. Now they seem to be backing away from it...lol
    You totally missed the point about that video, didn't you.

Also, the amount of times I have heard religion mentioned at the DNC disagrees with your statement.

Elite Sage
    You totally missed the point about that video, didn't you.

Also, the amount of times I have heard religion mentioned at the DNC disagrees with your statement.
    I didn't miss anything. The election doesn't have anything to do with religion or Israel. And please stop acting like the republican party owns God. What should be on voters minds is why is Clinton speaking at the DNC and why Bush was nowhere to be seen last week. That should really open some people eyes.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 05:10.

Forum Sage
    I didn't miss anything. The election doesn't have anything to do with religion or Israel. And please stop acting like the republican party owns God. What should be on voters minds is why is Clinton speaking at the DNC and why Bush was nowhere to be seen last week. That should really open some people eyes.
    For somebody who claims to be bipartisan, you sure don't act like it.

#1: That video is shows how the DNC chair essentially ignored the will of the delegates and picked the option he preferred. Peole love to complain about how republicans ignore the will of their members, but when the Democrats do it, people brush it under the rug.

#2 If you comprehended my post, you would understand that I said the Democrats invoke god in their convention as well.

You really need to reread the posts at the top of this page. These conventions are just pissing contests for each party. Trying to one up each other with how much they can motivate their base.

And contrary to what you posted, plenty of people have religion and Israel on their minds when they consider who to vote for this November. Or one of several other issues. Few people look at the big picture when voting.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I personally wonder who the Bilderberg group voted for? If it was up to me though, I'd go with Mitt Romney because of his name. Sounds like a respectable.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Sage
    For somebody who claims to be bipartisan, you sure don't act like it.

#1: That video is shows how the DNC chair essentially ignored the will of the delegates and picked the option he preferred. Peole love to complain about how republicans ignore the will of their members, but when the Democrats do it, people brush it under the rug.

#2 If you comprehended my post, you would understand that I said the Democrats invoke god in their convention as well.

You really need to reread the posts at the top of this page. These conventions are just pissing contests for each party. Trying to one up each other with how much they can motivate their base.

First of all i'm totally aware what the purpose of theses conventions are. I already posted what I think about them.

I'm totally bipartisan and my voting record proves it. How can people not see that republicans don't have a clear message. Its like they didn't learn a thing from 2008.

As for the video, it is pointless regardless if it was at the RNC or the DNC. I don't really watch theses conventions much but I do know that whether you invoke God or not is not the main concern of voters and it isn't gonna change anyone's mind. This election is about independent voters. It's about who has the better message and Clinton seem to knock it out of the park. The democrats keynotes speaker did a hell of a better job than the republicans did. That was a extraordinary speech by Clinton and he totally creamed the republicans on every issue. He was talking facts and it was detailed, and that's what I like to hear. He also told the truth about how republicans refused to work with the president even when they agreed with him. That's something that needed to be put out there. It also proved a lot of people wrong about doubting his support for Obama. Now republicans can put that rumor to rest.

I also think it was a test run to get Hillary nominated in 2016.

And contrary to what you posted, plenty of people have religion and Israel on their minds when they consider who to vote for this November. Or one of several other issues. Few people look at the big picture when voting.
    If people have Israel on their minds then they have nothing to fear because Obama has supported them more than any past president and the prime minister has praised his support and his stance on Palestine. You are probably getting that stuff from Fox news. They usually screw up the facts which is one reason why some voters refuse to watch them.

Why do you suppose Bush has been totally absent in this election? He led the party for 8 years but now they are staying clear of him.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 06:25.

Forum Sage
    First of all i'm totally aware what the purpose of theses conventions are. I already posted what I think about them.

I'm totally bipartisan and my voting record proves it. How can people not see that republicans don't have a clear message. Its like they didn't learn a thing from 2008.

As for the video, it is pointless regardless if it was at the RNC or the DNC. I don't really watch theses conventions much but I do know that whether you invoke God or not is not the main concern of voters and it isn't gonna change anyone's mind. This election is about independent voters. It's about who has the better message and Clinton seem to knock it out of the park. The democrats keynotes speaker did a hell of a better job than the republicans did. That was a extraordinary speech by Clinton and he totally creamed the republicans on every issue. He was talking facts and it was detailed, and that's what I like to hear. He also told the truth about how republicans refused to work with the president even when they agreed with him. That's something that needed to be put out there. It also proved a lot of people wrong about doubting his support for Obama. Now republicans can put that rumor to rest.

I also think it was a test run to get Hillary nominated in 2016.

If people have Israel on their minds then they have nothing to fear because Obama has supported them more than any past president and the prime minister has praised his support and his stance on Palestine. You are probably getting that stuff from Fox news. They usually screw up the facts which is one reason why some voters refuse to watch them.
    Seriously, read my last post again, I'll bold the key part for you:

That video is shows how the DNC chair essentially ignored the will of the delegates and picked the option he preferred. People love to complain about how republicans ignore the will of their members, but when the Democrats do it, people brush it under the rug.
    What they were voting for or against is irrelevant. The democrats love to preach about listening to their voters and making sure everybody has the opportunity to have their voice heard.

To quote somebody else on this:

Why do people take this $#@!??!?! There is NOTHING democratic about this process. The big wigs at the top decided what they want the platform to be, the people CLEARLY opposed it, yet it was still passed anyway. Are you serious?? It's all a $#@!ing joke... nothing but a giant, scripted political circle jerk.
    The republicans are doing what they can with a split ticket. Most are fine with Ryan. It's Romney that concerns them, with his varied political history. Their message is simple, the economy sucks so why accept more of the same. And if the economy doesn't improve in the next 2 months, things will likely work out for them. Current polls have both candidates in a dead heat so nothing is concrete. The debates will make more of a difference than the conventions.

Clinton does what he does best, he is an excellent orator. No surprises there. Though I'm sure he embellished quite a bit of his speech. I guess we will find out how much in a few days.

As for the keynote speaker, I don't give a damn about anything he said. I can't respect a person who didn't get where he is today due to affirmative action. Sorry but you either meet the standards or you don't, none of this sliding scale BS. It doesn't help that he is all for AA even today.

Good luck with that 2016 prediction, I say Hillary is done with her political career when she finishes up at her current position.

I never said why people may have Israel on their minds. Yet you automatically assumed I mean it as question of whether we support them or not. Some people may be concerned that we put too much time and money int supporting Israel which distracts us from our own domestic issues. Other may be sympathetic to the situation of Palestine ans see Israel as an oppressor which shouldn't be supported by the US.

And keep clinging to the fox news jab. Only the most diehard R's watch that channel. For the record I don't watch any cable news channel. Or even much US broadcast news channels either. And I certainly get my information from more than one or two sources.

Nice try though, you will have to do better next time.

The Heisman

Slick Willy CRUSHED IT!!!!

WOWZA!!!!

say what you wanna say about conventions, but if the democratic base is not FULLY energized after the last 2 nights...

...they'll have to wait another 24 hours and Obama will without a doubt knock it out of the galaxy!!!

BRING IT HOME POTUS!!!!

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Sage
    Seriously, read my last post again, I'll bold the key part for you:

What they were voting for or against is irrelevant. The democrats love to preach about listening to their voters and making sure everybody has the opportunity to have their voice heard.
    I'm not a democrat so i don't really care who preaches about what. I care about facts and the issues in this election. If you wanna waste time on silly stuff like that, then go right ahead.

To quote somebody else on this:

The republicans are doing what they can with a split ticket. Most are fine with Ryan. It's Romney that concerns them, with his varied political history. Their message is simple, the economy sucks so why accept more of the same. And if the economy doesn't improve in the next 2 months, things will likely work out for them. Current polls have both candidates in a dead heat so nothing is concrete. The debates will make more of a difference than the conventions.
    Yea most republicans are fine with Ryan but not independents. We are the one's that they have to convince and he can't fool people like me. I know his record and it doesn't match his rhetoric. And Biden , who is a experienced debater, is probably gonna wipe the floor with him. And you are wrong about the polls. The only polls that matter right now is the swing states and they have Obama either tied or slightly ahead. This is bad news for Romney because he has less roads to 270 than Obama.

Clinton does what he does best, he is an excellent orator. No surprises there. Though I'm sure he embellished quite a bit of his speech. I guess we will find out how much in a few days.
    Dude , Clinton still has a overall positive rating and your kidding yourself if you think it won't matter. The speech was really great. Even my girlfriend, who is a die hard conservative, said it was much better than anything last week.

As for the keynote speaker, I don't give a damn about anything he said. I can't respect a person who didn't get where he is today due to affirmative action. Sorry but you either meet the standards or you don't, none of this sliding scale BS. It doesn't help that he is all for AA even today.
    And that is one of the main problems with some people in your party. Sure as hell not the same party it used to be.

Good luck with that 2016 prediction, I say Hillary is done with her political career when she finishes up at her current position.
    yea, my friend you really don't know much about politics if you think she is done. She didn't run in 2008 to be SOS. But you know what, it does show that the party is united by Obama choosing her. Now, why do you think Romney went outside that box for his VP? Its because the party isn't united and there is still bad blood between them. They just settled. Why do you think people like Paul doesn't support him yet. He isn't a real conservative. Anyone can see that. Romney isn't leading the party. The party is leading him.

I never said why people may have Israel on their minds. Yet you automatically assumed I mean it as question of whether we support them or not. Some people may be concerned that we put too much time and money int supporting Israel which distracts us from our own domestic issues. Other may be sympathetic to the situation of Palestine ans see Israel as an oppressor which shouldn't be supported by the US.
    it really doesn't matter. Once again, this election isn't about the middle east. Its not a big enough issue to effect the election. The US will always support Israel. This has been made clear numerous times. That is just another political fear tactic used to get votes.

And keep clinging to the fox news jab. Only the most diehard R's watch that channel. For the record I don't watch any cable news channel. Or even much US broadcast news channels either. And I certainly get my information from more than one or two sources.

Nice try though, you will have to do better next time.
    I find it hard to believe that you support republicans/conservatives and stay away from Fox. You have to be a die hard republican if you can't see or admit that they clearly have some issues. Where is Bush in this election? Can you answer that?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 07:52.

The Heisman

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hmmm...

23. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    That video showed how much the democrats don't care about what their own side think. It showed that Obama wanted to provide the democrats with an option, then they just did what he wanted regardless. Most democrats that I talked too said that it was embarrassing. It actually hurt Obama on his own side.

While Clint Eastwood was appealing to those that agree with him, thus unifying the republicans even more. Democrats are only hating on it cause they know it did more good then it did harm.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    That video showed how much the democrats don't care about what their own side think. It showed that Obama wanted to provide the democrats with an option, then they just did what he wanted regardless. Most democrats that I talked too said that it was embarrassing. It actually hurt Obama on his own side.
    really...you talked to democrats about that...lol.... Last time I checked it's Obama's campaign. If he wants something changed it gets changed. Democrats will still vote for him. At least he is telling them and not the other way around. Romney gets told what to do by his party. And I take it you think that Clinton's speech hurt Obama too right?...lol

]While Clint Eastwood was appealing to those that agree with him, thus unifying the republicans even more. Democrats are only hating on it cause they know it did more good then it did harm.
    I doubt that. When you have a convention and the most talked about thing is a old man in his 80s talking incoherently to a chair is more of a gift than anything else. It just showed how confused and out of touch some people are. In the end it won't matter because Republicans will vote for Romney and Democrats will vote for Obama. The vote that carry the weight are the Independents. But I did see that Eastwood debacle and it was totally embarrassing. They might as well have thrown Trump in there too for the icing on the cake...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 15:57.

Unbound Mercenary
    really...you talked to democrats about that...lol.... Last time I checked it's Obama's campaign. If he wants something changed it gets changed. Democrats will still vote for him. At least he is telling them and not the other way around. Romney gets told what to do by his party. And I take it you think that Clinton's speech hurt Obama too right?...lol

I doubt that. When you have a convention and the most talked about thing is a old man in his 80s talking incoherently to a chair is more of a gift than anything else. It just showed how confused and out of touch some people are. In the end it won't matter because Republicans will vote for Romney and Democrats will vote for Obama. The vote that carry the weight are the Independents. But I did see that Eastwood debacle and it was totally embarrassing. They might as well have thrown Trump in there too for the icing on the cake...lol
    Not sure, I can't really comment on Clinton's speech as I have yet to watch it. But if Obama wanted to do something, why not just do it, instead of giving people a choice, then just doing what he wanted anyway. It gives off a strange vibe about choices. Thats what I thought, and yes, I do have a lot of democratic friends, and we were talking about it.

Very true, both sides will vote for their respective candidate. Independents have seen what Obama did before though, and I think that might hurt him in the polls. Also Obama backing the gays will hurt his black vote. Don't get me wrong, there will still be a massive turnout, but the fact that Black Baptist ministers were advising blacks in their parishes to not vote for Obama or Romney is going to hurt Obama's overall vote.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Not sure, I can't really comment on Clinton's speech as I have yet to watch it. But if Obama wanted to do something, why not just do it, instead of giving people a choice, then just doing what he wanted anyway. It gives off a strange vibe about choices. Thats what I thought, and yes, I do have a lot of democratic friends, and we were talking about it.

Very true, both sides will vote for their respective candidate. Independents have seen what Obama did before though, and I think that might hurt him in the polls. Also Obama backing the gays will hurt his black vote. Don't get me wrong, there will still be a massive turnout, but the fact that Black Baptist ministers were advising blacks in their parishes to not vote for Obama or Romney is going to hurt Obama's overall vote.
    Independents in most swing states are actually leaning towards Obama right now and and the black vote is 94% for Obama to 0% for Romney. Around the same as it was in 2008. It was about 95% to 4% vs Mccain. You call that hurting. He also has a huge lead among Hispanics . Like i said before, this election won't be about religion nor gays. The republican party continues to have issues with minorities and that is hurting them. Their rhetoric doesn't match their voting record and that is the main reason why.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-06-2012 at 16:18.

Forum Sage
    I'm not a democrat so i don't really care who preaches about what. I care about facts and the issues in this election. If you wanna waste time on silly stuff like that, then go right ahead.

Yea most republicans are fine with Ryan but not independents. We are the one's that they have to convince and he can't fool people like me. I know his record and it doesn't match his rhetoric. And Biden , who is a experienced debater, is probably gonna wipe the floor with him. And you are wrong about the polls. The only polls that matter right now is the swing states and they have Obama either tied or slightly ahead. This is bad news for Romney because he has less roads to 270 than Obama.

Dude , Clinton still has a overall positive rating and your kidding yourself if you think it won't matter. The speech was really great. Even my girlfriend, who is a die hard conservative, said it was much better than anything last week.

And that is one of the main problems with some people in your party. Sure as hell not the same party it used to be.

yea, my friend you really don't know much about politics if you think she is done. She didn't run in 2008 to be SOS. But you know what, it does show that the party is united by Obama choosing her. Now, why do you think Romney went outside that box for his VP? Its because the party isn't united and there is still bad blood between them. They just settled. Why do you think people like Paul doesn't support him yet. He isn't a real conservative. Anyone can see that. Romney isn't leading the party. The party is leading him.

it really doesn't matter. Once again, this election isn't about the middle east. Its not a big enough issue to effect the election. The US will always support Israel. This has been made clear numerous times. That is just another political fear tactic used to get votes.

I find it hard to believe that you support republicans/conservatives and stay away from Fox. You have to be a die hard republican if you can't see or admit that they clearly have some issues. Where is Bush in this election? Can you answer that?
    You care about facts, yet you seem to ignore a pretty big $#@! up by the DNC chair, ok.

Biden, wipe the floor with anyone in a debate? Are you serious? If he is such a good debater/speaker, why does he have so many unprovoked gaffes?

Where did I say Clinton' speech does not matter? But to completely believe any politicians speech at a political convention as fact is quite foolish.

Hmm, my party, which would be? I'm a libertarian by ideology. I voted for RP in my primary. Currently my registration says Democrat.

A swing and a miss there. An its true neither party is what it used to be.

Sorry but only a fool could stand up for giving people unfair advantages they did not earn on the playing field. It is essentially a form of discrimination. He didn't earn his admission to Stanford based on his SAT score. And I'm sure being a student at Stanford helped him get into Harvard for law school. Which is likely to have been a significant help to him achieving the position he holds today as mayor.

Hillary ran in 2008 to win the nomination of her party as their candidate for president, so she could then run for the presidency against the R candidate. She lost to obama, end of story. She likely accepted here current position because she likely believed she could accomplish certain things while she was SOS. But tell me if she didn't plant to end her political career, why would she not elect to be SOS should obama win a 2nd term? Makes no sense at all.

And even if there was a decent reason for doing so, she will be 68 in 2016. Which is ancient considering the trend for president in the past ~20 years or so. I think she would be more interested in working with Bill in his foundation and being a grandmother to her grandchildren by then. While the clintons have been a significant factor in politics for the last 30 years or so, they know when their time is up and they need to move on.

As for Romney, who would he pick if he didn't go "out of the box"? And Paul would likely not support any R candidate since most of his economic and domestic/foreign policy views conflict too much with mainstream republican views.

Supporting Israel is a very big concern. Especially considering how much it costs us:

http://ifamericansknew.org/stats/stauffer.html

And considering our economic situation, that is a very important detail. But, just chalk it up to a fear tactic.

Who said I support republicans/conservatives (nice generalization there, acting like they are all the same)? Do not confuse my lack of enthusiasm/support for Obama as the opposite for Romney.

And please show me where I have admitted that republicans don't have issues.

I also don't appreciate your snide insinuation about me lying about what news sources I do or do not watch. I don't subscribe to cable or satellite tv, which would make your point even less legitimate since it is nearly impossible to watch a cable news channel without doing so.

Where is Bush? Probably on one of his properties in Texas. Why was he not at the convention? Because he can't motivate his base and he has the whole Iraq War dragging him down.

Thread Information