Page 1 of 217 111 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

General Politics Thread

It is self evident that current Democratic president, President Obama, will run on the Democratic ticket, but the Republican nomination is still up for grabs. The purpose of this thread will be to track the nomination process and then transition into election coverage. I know politics can be hot and controversial, but please respect other peoples opinions.

I personally would like to see Mitch Daniels of Indiana run. According to Op-Ed Columnist for the New York Times, David Brooks
    Since 2004, the 49 other states in the nation increased their debt levels by an average of 40 percent. Indiana has paid down its debt by 40 percent. Indiana received its first Triple-A bond rating in 2008, and now it is one of only nine states to have the highest rating from all three rating agencies.

At the same time, the business climate has improved significantly. Infrastructure spending is at record levels. The state has added jobs at twice the national average. For the first time in four decades, more people are moving in than moving out.
    In a time of bloating budgets and irresponsible governing, Mitch Daniels led Indiana to prosperity. Mitch is reluctant about running and it appears he will need much coaxing to do the job. Reminds me almost of Eisenhower, who is often cited as one who was reluctant to take the job, but did it for the underlying need for him to do so.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-09-2013 at 09:07. Reason: TYPO

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

engagequadlasr
    Sarah Palin 20-

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Sorry, I couldn't resist XD

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Trump VS Obama

Book it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by engagequadlasr View Post
    Sarah Palin 20-

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Sorry, I couldn't resist XD
    most republicans don't want her, but people still think she is a current face of the republican party

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Unbound Mercenary
    Trump would be an interesting choice for the Rep. ticket.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Guru
    It's the election next year?! Time flies .

Forum Sage

Ron Paul is the only logical choice. Actually, he is the only one worthy of being voted for. Everyone else isn't worth my time.

Veteran
    Ron Paul is an interesting candidate. He has no problem being straight forward and honest on where he stands, which is unlike most of the politicians in DC. I don't agree with him on everything, but I do on a LOT of things. If the election were today, he would probably get my vote, but I guess it would depend on who else is running etc. He is high on my list though.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Elite Member
    Charlie Sheen, he the only one who can beat Obuma by a landslide.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Charlie Sheen would get crazy vote, so like 30% of the vote haha

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    Charlie Sheen, he the only one who can beat Obuma by a landslide.
    Wha? Are you serious? I bet anyone could beat Obama, specially with all the crap hes pulled. Even a lot of democrats won't vote for him again.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    It is very simple my friend's 2012 election shall be won by none over then general zodd, this is fact, his policies are far superior to the other competitor's, mainly because he will kill them, general zodd promises to rid the world of the economic crissis it is in at the moment, because all money will belong to general zodd, there will be plenty of job's for everybody, even kid's, there will be no jobless, in coincendce all the jobs are exactly the same. A zodd future is a bright future, a firey future, mainly because he shall burn you with his heat vision.

So remember vote zodd as your next president.

Signed
    General Zodd
    *p.s even if i lose the election i shall still rule the world , i shall become the leader of planet houston.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    It is very simple my friend's 2012 election shall be won by none over then general zodd, this is fact, his policies are far superior to the other competitor's, mainly because he will kill them, general zodd promises to rid the world of the economic crissis it is in at the moment, because all money will belong to general zodd, there will be plenty of job's for everybody, even kid's, there will be no jobless, in coincendce all the jobs are exactly the same. A zodd future is a bright future, a firey future, mainly because he shall burn you with his heat vision.

So remember vote zodd as your next president.

Signed
    General Zodd
    *p.s even if i lose the election i shall still rule the world , i shall become the leader of planet houston.
    HA! Well, i guess if you count slavery as employment.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    Wha? Are you serious? I bet anyone could beat Obama, specially with all the crap hes pulled. Even a lot of democrats won't vote for him again.
    not when he start doing the "Yes we can" speech. For most people reality goes right out the window when they hear that crap. That is where Cocaine Sheen comes in, he gonna slap those people back to the real world. The world of Charlie Sheen.

Charlie Sheen, "No u can't" 2012!

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    HA! Well, i guess if you count slavery as employment.
    Also there shall be a reward for one who brings me the son of jor el, or santa claus, being that I believe that they are the same person, both fly around, both live in the north pole and both like helping people, this is far to much coincendce to not be true, a place at my side for the person who finds this santa el or Kal claus or supersanta.

Signed
    General Zodd

Now KNEEEEEEEELLLLL
    Last edited by Chille; 03-09-2011 at 01:31.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Also there shall be a reward for one who brings me the son of jor el, or santa claus, being that I believe that they are the same person, both fly around, both live in the north pole and both like helping people, this is far to much coincendce to not be true, a place at my side for the person who finds this santa el or Kal claus or supersanta.

Signed
    General Zodd

Now KNEEEEEEEELLLLL
    Your platform is compelling...
    but i've already committed to the mighty Ziltoid for 4th dimensional guitar hero 2012

Dat Guy
    Your platform is compelling...
    but i've already committed to the mighty Ziltoid for 4th dimensional guitar hero 2012
    He shall be locked away inside the phantom zone which shall force him to play rock band for all eternity with a controller and no instrutments and the only song shall be "Never gonna give you up" He will be forced to go through this torture forever.

Signed
    General Zodd
    P.S His supportors shall also be forced to go through this torment.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    He shall be locked away inside the phantom zone which shall force him to play rock band for all eternity with a controller and no instrutments and the only song shall be "Never gonna give you up" He will be forced to go through this torture forever.

Signed
    General Zodd
    P.S His supportors shall also be forced to go through this torment.
    FOOL! You think you can beat the mighty Ziltoid! He is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE SUBJUGATION!

Dat Guy
    FOOL! You think you can beat the mighty Ziltoid! He is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE SUBJUGATION!
    Nobody is more powerful the General Zodd with the power from the earth's mighty yellow sun, which give's him strenght, your Ziltoid is a fool for challenging the mighty and invicible General Zodd he shall punt him across a pond and destroy him with the mighty heat vision drawn from the mighty yellow sun.

Signed
    General Zodd

p.s vote me and KNEEEEEEEELLLLL

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Nobody is more powerful the General Zodd with the power from the earth's mighty yellow sun, which give's him strenght, your Ziltoid is a fool for challenging the mighty and invicible General Zodd he shall punt him across a pond and destroy him with the mighty heat vision drawn from the mighty yellow sun.

Signed
    General Zodd

p.s vote me and KNEEEEEEEELLLLL
    Fowl pest!

[Ziltoid:] Commander...
    [Commander:] Yes, Captain Ziltoid?
    [Ziltoid:] Divert all the power from the main engines to the front guns
    [Commander:] Yes captain Ziltoid, anything else?
    [Ziltoid:] Take ninety percent of the surplus power and divert it toward the sonar awakening device...
    [Commander:] Aye aye captain.
    [Ziltoid:] We must summon the 6th dimensional planet smasher, I feel like a bit of fun...Summon him.

Dat Guy
    Fowl pest!

[Ziltoid:] Commander...
    [Commander:] Yes, Captain Ziltoid?
    [Ziltoid:] Divert all the power from the main engines to the front guns
    [Commander:] Yes captain Ziltoid, anything else?
    [Ziltoid:] Take ninety percent of the surplus power and divert it toward the sonar awakening device...
    [Commander:] Aye aye captain.
    [Ziltoid:] We must summon the 6th dimensional planet smasher, I feel like a bit of fun...Summon him.
    Truely this is the greatest election campaign this puny world has either known, I shall call upon brainiac to hack your ship's computer's built by the mighty people of krypton where I was the most mighty of them all, for I am General Zodd, and whille you are busy keeping your firewalls and systems safe I shall trap your ship into the Phantom Zone.

Signed
    General Zodd

KNEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL

Thank you itachi

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Fuzzymon
    I know it's fun to joke around but this should not be funny donald trump is a bafoon a rich bafoon but a bafoon none the less i think Ron Paul is the only good choice END THE FED BEFORE IT ENDS U.S.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Ron Paul is the only logical choice. Actually, he is the only one worthy of being voted for. Everyone else isn't worth my time.
    The Pauls are certainly interesting. I respect the fact that when they talk about cutting spending... they don't leave anything off the table (ie military and entitlements)

However I think they go too far. Too little regulation is just at dangerous as too much.
    I think they subscribe to the fantasy world where corporations will regulate themselves- they won't.
    And I think they don't give government regulations due credit for the standard of living (etc) we enjoy today.

On a more fun side:

Oh please let Palin and Bachmann run!!!!
    Newts already good to go... we just need the other stooges to throw their hats in the rink.

Trump is a joke.

Romney... the BYU basketball controversy has reignited the country's suspicion of mormons... oh... and Romneycare laid the framework for Obamacare, and don't think his primary opponents or the tea party will let that slide

And Obama is doing fine. His approval rating is at or above where Bush Jr was (even after squandering the rally around the flag 9/11 event).

And Kerry (and many others) have already proven that you can't win just by being the other guy.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 03-09-2011 at 02:15.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Truely this is the greatest election campaign this puny world has either known, I shall call upon brainiac to hack your ship's computer's built by the mighty people of krypton where I was the most mighty of them all, for I am General Zodd, and whille you are busy keeping your firewalls and systems safe I shall trap your ship into the Phantom Zone.

Signed
    General Zodd

KNEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Phooey! Indeed, phooey! You have not convinced mighty Ziltoid! The technology of Ziltodia is far too omniscient for for your feeble minds to comprehend!

The Heisman
    One more point:

The problem the GOP 2012 Conteners face is the tea party.
    The faction will force the candidates to race far far far to the right in order to win the nomination.

The democrats and independents will be watching and taking notes.

THEN- the eventual nominee will have to tact way way way back to the center right while walking through a mine field of all their primary statements/promises/policies.

Not an easy feat to pull off.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information