Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    So what big significant differences between WipEout games is there?
    Other than the handling being vastly different between the games, new gameplay features being added, tweaks to existing ones, new tracks, new weapons, new game modes... Yeah, nothing at all has changed. Even Wipeout HD, which is the only Wipeout that could ever be even considered to be classified as "more of the same" (since it offers HDfied Pure & Pulse tracks), offers enough all kinds of new **** & refinements that it feels like a whole new game and not just a simple HD upgrade.

And stop starting off sentencing with yeah, no and ****.
    Yeah, no. I'll stop beginning my sentences like this once you and people like you stop making claims that have absolutely no basis in reality.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So no big significant changes then. No, yeah, whatever.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    If you want to be an ignorant fool, be my guest. But you obviously know nothing of the series or most other racing games when you sprout such nonsense-BS.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Games of course but Must haves.
    I will but at launch if it has either of these.
    1.Uncharted.
    2.Killzone.
    3.FF7.
    4.Crash bandicoot.
    5.Little Big Planet.
    6.Metal gear solid.
    Either of these and you have my my money, Sony.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    Crash Bandicoot, MGS & FFVII will be there @ launch but only as PS1 Classics, since they are already available at the PS Store. And I doubt any of them will ever get any remakes on NGP.

I guess Uncharted might be a launch title, since the build they showed seemed like it could be quite far along in development. Very much doubt Killzone NGP will be. It'll probably be released within a year from NGP's launch, but not too close to release.

Recently Finished:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Crash Bandicoot, MGS & FFVII will be there @ launch but only as PS1 Classics, since they are already available at the PS Store. And I doubt any of them will ever get any remakes on NGP.

I guess Uncharted might be a launch title, since the build they showed seemed like it could be quite far along in development. Very much doubt Killzone NGP will be. It'll probably be released within a year from NGP's launch, but not too close to release.
    Yeah, but Hideo kojima was talking about he wanted to do a game where you can play on NGP AND PS3.
    The Final Fantasy 7 thing came from a leak yesterday by HipHopGamer. He said something about a NGP FF7.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    needs region free and some good unique games, DS and PSP already suffered from having too many ports and it really feels like they're stepping it up to the nth degree

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I've played every WipEout game and the series is still first and foremost about riding around a track shooting your enemies and going over boosters. Compared to other genres theres only so far a racer can go. Sorry you took that to heart though, didn't say WipEout sucks either.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I've played every WipEout game and the series is still first and foremost about riding around a track shooting your enemies and going over boosters. Compared to other genres theres only so far a racer can go. Sorry you took that to heart though, didn't say WipEout sucks either.
    I've played them all as well, only missing some of the PS1 titles but I do own WipEout 2097. Fusion on the PS2 was the absolute worst xD
    I would love to buy a new WipEout hope they add in gyro assisting with your controls.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Not really something that Sony can learn from the 3DS Launch, but I'd like all games to have some sort of local play vs other NGP users and online features as I can totally see the NGP being used online a **** load by all users as wireless internet spots are just everywhere these days
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Apprentice
    Good games not technology demonstrators.
    Embrace the homebrew culture.
    DRULYB

Master Sage
    Releasing with some decent games will probably be the biggest thing they can learn from what happened with them.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Releasing with some decent games will probably be the biggest thing they can learn from what happened with them.
    This is the main reason I sent mine back.

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Yeah, a structured and well supported launch window software-wise.

I think they'll be fine. They have more developers working on NGP than they ever had with PSP and they'll have the PlayStation Suite games there too to compliment the retail/download full NGP game releases.

Super Elite
    Main thing they need to learn: Acquire Pokemon = success
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Some good launch titles.

Superior Member
    One problem with the psp is that it came right before the ps3, which meant most developers ignored the psp in favour of the ps3. If the ps4 doesn't come next year, then we should have enough of a window for the ngp to shine.

Thread Information